Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #31  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey all, back from my WI and am down 1 lb, and despite it being TOM week! 39 lbs down baby! A loss is a loss and at least it's not a gain I have to adjust my mindset that losing a pound or even less a week is OK, it IS good enough and I am doing great. Sometimes I think I expect too much (like wanting 3 lbs gone a week for example ), then it gets to be like I'm not succeeding, where in reality, I'm doing just fine. I have to accept and celebrate the little successes and not beat myself for the IF ONLY's... As far as the Easter challenge....well, I dunno about achieving that

Aimee, 10K steps by 3pm is awesome! It's hard to do some days, but it is possible. Good for you! Thanks for offering an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on. I like your motivation vibes too, it helps :

Kempy, glad you enjoyed your weekend. Poor Joe, toothaches suck. Are you doing you WI at home tomorrow? Good luck either way.

Hey Red, you're welcome as well. I know you're busy but we still think about you over here.

Julie, thanks for the vote of confidence I liked 40 y.o. Virgin too, I love Steve Carrell, like in that Ron Burgundy movie? Did you see that one? I think he stole the show. So what movies have you seen recently? I need some new ideas. I just got The Pianist (w/Adrian Brody) and Millions (an English
film). I'll probably watch one tonight.

Hi to Angie, Cal, Dips, Cherie, surf (it's AI tonight!) and everyone
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #32  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

WOO HOOO a total loss of 39 pounds is awesome and I envy you!!! PSSSST.... do you realize if you did that thing where you give yourself a smilie/emoticon for every 5 pounds lost, you would have almost 8 of them..... that is huge.... YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! And you're right, you have to accept the small success because each pound adds up!! I get really excited when others lose because it gives me hope and motivation to work my rear off.
Hi JBBM
Hi KempyD

Thanks for the welcome surf, I'm sorry it took me so long to say thanks!!! I am really bad at message boards and keeping up with them, reading them and all that because I tend to rush rush rush.

YOU'RE VERY VERY WELCOME RED....
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #33  

GREAT JOB NOELLE!

Good Night Girls it is almost 10 and I want to get to bed.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #34  

Quick post to bump us up and to say I am down 1lbs!!!!! So, that makes 14lbs now. I am pushing for 20 lost by the time we leave for vacation. I hope I can do it. I am running out the door to head to the store. I will be back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #35  
so close, yet so far...

Woo-Hoo Kempy!!! You're rockin'!

Gotta run for now, be back later.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #36  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, just taking a quick coffee break here. So yesterday I had a successful weigh-in and when I got home i had a little binge with some mini-cheesecakes that my sister made. Get this, an oreo cookie in a cupcake paper with the cheesecake mixture on top with mini-chocolate chips--w/cherry pie topping. I had 3. I am a dessert-aholic and I admit it. SO anyway, I did have a long walk in the morning, but still, I should have just let one satisfy me...oh well, I will live and learn (or will I?). *sigh* There went a bunch of my flex points. I am on track for today though. Planning on having a can of soup for lunch. I gotta reign myself in if I want to hit that 40 lb mark next weigh in. Do any of you have days where you just "feel" fat? I'm having me one of those today.

Hi Julie We're expecting more rain tomorrow. Hope that makes you feel better Did you get your b-day shopping done?

Kempy, when's vacation for you? 6 lbs is doable, go for it.

I watched the DVD movie Millions yesterday, it was so cute. Catch it if you can. I'm watching the rest of The Pianist today...depressing, like Schindler's List. I didn't catch AI last night (watched the DVD instead) but I will watch tonight for the guys.

Aimee, thanks for the cheers. Work it off girl, one day at a time and the pounds will come off.

Hello to everyone...
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #37  

Hi Girls

Yeah Kempy

Noelle those cheesecakes sounds sooooooo good! I don't think I would have been able to have just one. I didn't get dh anything yet. I have until early next week though. I will keep asking him what he wants. I don't think you missed to much on AI last night. I am just not liking the girls that much this year. But I can't wait to watch the guys tonight. Go Chirs and Taylor!

Aimee I am always rush rush too. It is hard to post sometimes huh? Just post when you can and say Hi!

Well girls I have got to go find something for dinner. I think I will have dh start the grill. Check back later
Hi everyone
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #38  

Thanks guys.

Noelle we leave on April 14. I just know it will be a non stop eat fest though so I am going to try and get down as far as I can. I have never been on a cruise and I know they have lots of food. Those cheesecakes sound great. I had to get a few more no pudge ice cream treats. I can't make the brownies b/c I want to make the whole thing and then eat it all.

Amiee what part of VA do you live in? I was born in Fredricksburg. I am sure it has really changed since I was there. Just post when you get a chance. Sometimes we get a little carried away.

Julie I was to grill too but the wind is blowing something fierce. I bet we have gusts of at least 25MPH. Not good grill weather. What is on the menu?

Angie don't make me call you!!! You better pop up again. What's you weather doing up there?

Dips when does school end for the semester?

Red I hope you are doing great over there. Is work getting any better for you?

Cal are you still going to head out on your vacation this year?

Cherie I hope you mouth is feeling better. Joe was much better this morning. Although he did sleep on the side that had the tooth pulled and it was a little sore from that. Otherwise he is doing fine.

Ok I am starving and I don't know why. I am going to head to the ktichen to figure out something to eat. I'll be back later.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #39  

Noelle do you count your exercise points? How do you think I should figure when I work out in the yard? I was only triming my potted (notice I didn't say pot this year) plants so I wasn't really sweating. Any kind of tip you have will be great.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #40  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, I always count my exercise points but I don't always eat them. For light yard work like tending to your pot plants ....i'm kidding!!! I would count it as light activity. Just calculate how long you spent doing it and go according to your activity slider. If it seems like too many points earned, just underestimate. For instance, sometimes when I'm taking the dogs on a short walk and we don't go very far, I'll take an average between light and moderate activity. If I'm on my regular walk for exercise, I'll use moderate activity. I hardly ever get up to the high intensity type anyway...... hope this helps. Oh yeah, I know your dogs are pretty big and if you take them for a walk and they pull you along a little, that counts as resistance training since you're trying to hold onto them. I actually felt a bicep muscle toning up in my left arm (the leash arm) since I've been walking Lucky every day, much more than my right arm --and she's only 20 lbs.

I think you'll totally be able to reach your goal of hitting 20 lbs by next month. I made the mistake of making a 9x13 pan of no-pudge brownies (2 boxes!) on valentine's day...big mistake! I knew they were there and I ate them til they were gone. Took me a few days but still... not a good thing for me to have around.

Julie, I am rooting for Taylor and Chris too. I am staying in this evening to watch.

Well, gotta get the shoes on and get walking. Chat more tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #41  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 230/228/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Ann-M

Hi,
I was hoping someone could give me some support to go on. I lost 40 pounds last spring and summer and the holidays just killed me. It is now March and I've gained 30 back. Started on the South Beach Diet again, which I love but it's not as easy this time! ANY WORDS OF INSPIRATION?????
Ann-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #42  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome Ann (pardon me while I catch my breath...just got back from a walk ) Come here and post often. We like to give and get support. I don't know much about the South Beach diet but I know we have another gal on this thread (goes by the name of Dips'n'twists) that was/is doing South Beach. Congratulations on starting over again. It's not easy to drop the pounds, gain them back and then do it all over again--I know, this is the 3rd concerted effort I'm making myself. As another gal said, third time's the charm I know there's also a South Beach diet forum here on 3FC.

The holidays are a tough time to be trying to lose weight, but it can be done. Look at it this way: You're starting now and by summer you'll be well on your way to shorts or a swimsuit. I'm doing the WW plan but will gladly offer an ear to listen if you have anything to say. Welcome aboard again and look forward to getting to know ya.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #43  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Yay More Newbees!!!

Good to have you, Ann. You are my new beach buddy ! I am currently on the south beach diet as well, Just as Noelle said HEY NOELLE My best advice is to fill you refridge with your favorite sb foods so that way you can indulge yourself without feeling guilty.

Hi girls, I was just popping in to say hi. Things are hectic but I try to get with you guys whenever I can. I'll give you the full low down on saturday.

CIAO!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #44  
so close, yet so far...

bumpity bump bump bump

why is there an echo in here?
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #45  

Hey guys. Sorry I havn't posted but Joe lost his debit card last night and now our account has 2 $500 charges on it. I am on the phone with the bank right now trying to figure it out.