Old 03-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #61  

Peachetta: That is toooo funny! That manager was way outta line on excusing you of double charging a customer.. I thought that whenever someone gets on a register, they have a unique operator ID, so that management can track each cashiers activity.. At least in the days of Yore when I worked registers they had that feature.. REMEMBER -- this job is only a means to an end for you..so try to find the absurd and funny side of it all..

Kiwi: for DH and DBF fer having the stones to challenge that ruling! What a rollercoaster ride!

Sug: That hamburger cake is AWESOME!! I hope you post the how tos... not that I plan to make it, just curious...

Cherry: I think I'd dislocate a hip trying that

Wabby: I have a "trick" Knee.. sometimes I feel pain in it fer seemingly no reason.. so thanks fer the tip!

I went to Curves where I was properly humiliated by the "taking of the measurements" and they measured my body fat%.. Let's just say I'm amazed that I am erect and have identifiable body parts. - I am a Human JELLY FISH!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

so true shots. If the man had a receipt, it woulda said Your Cashier Today Was Peaches at the top and have numbers at the bottom.

Yesterday I had to give this presentation in class after work and found that I wasn't comfy going in my work clothes: nice long sleeved white that belongs to me and navy blue unhemmed pants that they provided. There's no shops near the school much but I went into an exclusive little placed I've never dared enter before. Their window displays are always of those "casual" clothes ladies wear between gardening and playing bridge. Flamingoes are embroidered on the shirts and glittery stuff and other ornate crap, I mean apparell. Expensive. But I went in and said, "You probably don't even have my size but I need something to wear to school to do a presentation and I can be led."

The 3rd thing she led me to was the sale rack where I got a gorgeous 3-piece taupe heavy cotton, machine wash dry, pants, vest, shirt outfit. $50. I was so happy.

During my presentation, this insane person who sits in the middle of the front row ate an extremely fresh bag of chips.CRUNCH CRUNCH. I'd look right at her (I was reading a story out loud) and she open her stupid mouth and shove a saucer-sized chip in. CRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCH> I am amazed anyone heard ME.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #63  

crunch crunch crunch ---- maybe----crunch----she has an eating disorder like me. crunch. What's with ppl lately??? is it the abuse Peaches week???? Like Schatzi said, at least you know it's the means to an end instead of the end career.

Schatzi, you'll love the fact that you took those measurements when they take them next time and you'll be all buff and such. I had decided to quit weighing myself every day because I was making myself crazy. I broke down and stepped on the scale today. I should always weigh myself. Every day. Maybe twice a day. After not weighing myself for 2 weeks, I am up another 4 lbs. Argh. I am officially fatter than I've ever been in my life. I can't stand myself. I'm going to WW on thursday, which is my first free evening this week. I can do it. Lord knows I've done it enough times in my life. You'd think I'd learn.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Kiwi: for DH and DBF fer having the stones to challenge that ruling! What a rollercoaster ride!
Ain't that the truth? DH reports he got several big hugs from the girls. I suspect Dbf got a few later on as well...

Peachie, very cool about the nice clothes score! I went to Talbots one time and bought a couple of items I liked on sale to my complete surprise. Since I hate shopping to begin with, it's rare I bother to try a new place, it's not usually worth the effort. But every once in a while I get a nice surprise.

The crunchcrunch dimwit is what I used to call a real COW. That is until I discovered a whole new meaning for the word...

Quote:
Schatzi, you'll love the fact that you took those measurements when they take them next time and you'll be all buff and such.
Eeek, I can do that stuff myself at home once in a while but I'm not sure I could steel myself to let someone else do it!

It's pouring rain here. In the kitchen. Oh yeah, new horror to add to my usual house horrors: I found out where the ants are living -- in the ruined ceiling in the kitchen. There is a big crack from water damage and dead ants have been falling out of there on a daily basis. The top of my d/w has become an ant graveyard. What are we doing about it? Well, DH is reading a book and watching Deep Space Nine. You have no idea how close I am to walking out of this house and never coming back.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #65  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhh kiwonkers!!! i just got back to see you cows today---i have been in nova scotia looking after dd20's mouth-----dd21 just had HER four wisdom teeth removed and THEN unexpectedly we got a call that Miss Nova Scotia needed HERS out------------------gawdy dawdy i am tiredddddddddd------she has a very sore mouth but will be fine i am sure but now she is all freaked out as the end of term and exams approach------------i LOVED kiwonk's dramafest stories---------what fun---- i was jealous of course,but i am so happy that you guys are such great supporters of the school and all the activities--------------such a treat!!!! ---the ants---not so much!!!!! give dh a movie on locust invasions or something--------------------SOMETHING!!!!------peachbat--------i used to be a cashier at Sobeys grocery store here for several years and customers can drive you INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!! back then we had to punch in all the numbers and count the change back without help----------lots of mistakes and let me tell you the customers LOVE pointing them out=---------of course back then i got to look at the cute grocery boys as they helped pack the orders-------------i was in loooooooooooove all the time-----i am making asian beef salad so i have to go-----------see yas soon so i can catch up on all the posts-----------------------------------fatarse bagz
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #66  

Cowie: AACK - I just have this visual of you lungeing off the stage and jamming the bag down her throat Yippeee on such a BAHGIN and a loverly-and versatile I might add new Outfit I HATE clothes shopping... hate hate hate it! I usually end up buying stuff through a catalog.. and when I get it -its like a present!

Kiwi: You have the patience of a saint darlin! Ants and leaks and meeces...! One of these days we're gonna get a post from you in Alaska..you just dun run off to colder grounds to a house with no leaks ! Yes , having your measurements taken by someone else is horrifying. I swore she was gonna run outta tape measure when she got to my hips. Wabby -- I am looking forward ( ??) to having them taken again next month to see how (or if) I lost any inches.. I went again this morning in my loverly blob hugging SPANDEX ( note: FAT cows should not be seen in this unforgiving fabric!) and sweated like a warthog.

Nurse Bagzzz: So glad yer back and the childruns are recovering! I was sitting here trying to figure out "fatarse" I was pronouncing it ...
FAH TARS ...hmm that aint right
FAT TARS ..well that doesnt ????
FAH TARSY ??? Huh
I FINALLY FIGGURED IT OUT -----sigh, I humor myself !

Toodles!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, Schatzi, if you can't amuse yourself.....

Hey Bagz, was wondering where you'd got yourself to. Hope all the toofies feel better.

I'm checking out hotels for my parents to come visit for graduation. Golly gee isn't it too bad we don't have room for them here at Ant Central? Fortunately it looks like they will be able to reserve a room, either high end: This place is gorgeous; I just went by today to take a look at the rooms, or El Cheapo. The lake one is a couple of miles up the road from us, away from town, the cheap one is in town, about 4 miles from us. I think they will not be likely to want to pay twice as much for the priviledge of being closer to our house and farther from town. But that place has the most awesome views. Wow. If we had the right windows, our views would be about 1/2 that good.

Lard de Dar. Lard de Dar. Variations on Grease.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #68  

The lodge is loverly- The views are STUNNING!.. It gives me a real appreciation for why you love the area so much El cheapo place taint bad atall.. I'd stay there--but that's me being me Cheep Cheep Cheep!

Peachie I thought about you yesterday.. In order to have Curves waive the "sign up fee" I had to bring in a bag of groceries for the food drive... so me being CHEAP, I used my Greenpoints (the more you buy at this store, you rack up points that you can use for free crap.) and Lowes has these premade grocery bags for the forever food drive that we do in this area...So here's these 3 boys around DS age..trying to figure out how to ring this up using the points...

me: I'd like to use my Greenpoints for this

Moptop: Um, I dunno if you can buy this for that...TODDDDDD!!!!
we wait fer Tooooodddddd
me: Um, I've always used my Greenpoints for the food drive groceries..
Toooddd: Yeah,man, you need to hit this DINK DING KACHING...hmmm
it comes up as "Plants" on the price projector thingy...$17...something
Tooddd: Oh man that aint right, outta my way... Chaching,chadink kachik
Oooh look, we added "unspecified potato" for another $22.50.. My free bag of groceries that has a $12.50 tag on it is now $39.50

Todd: Maaaarkkkkkkkkkkkk! Comere.... now we have the 3 of them staring at the register...

Mark: Oh dudes, this is soooo wrong. Sorry Mam (I hate that Mam word).. you cant buy this with the points......

Me: Hmmm, I go over to Customer service... the manager comes with that magic key... 0 out the order, instructs Moe Larry and Curly on how to process the order...

Ah Success! Sorta... " That will be 50 cents mam"
me: All I have is a quarter and I aint using my debit card fer 50 cents boys...
Well mam, the machine deducts greenpoints in dollar increments...
me: well, hmmm... I don;t know what to say cept I aint using my debit card for 50 cents so ....
The boys start each digging in their pockets...between the 3 of them they came up with the other 25 cents...
Thanks Boys! I'll pay Todd the quarter next time around--take it up with him to get your cut....
Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #69  

PS: I watched Boston Legal for the first or 2nd time last night! I can understand why youse cows watch it! I'll be tuning in again next week..
Old 03-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #70  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hi again-----------did you know that the DAMN cat is still living in the floor under the tub--WELL,that is over TWO weeks---but i put out food ,water and litter in the bathroom when we were away and she used it all-----yesterday,we Almost caught her downstairs but she flew up to the tub again and there is NO getting her out of there---she can get into the next room under the floor from there----SOOOOOOOOOO----dh said "she obviously gets out of there when she thinks we are not around"--shut the bathroom door in the middle of the night on the off chance that she has left the hideout----sooooooooo last night at 2 am i got up and shut the door----LO AND BEHOLD,THIS MORNING I GO DOWNSTAIRS TO SEE IF SHE'S THERE AND SHE SCAMPERS UP THE CHIMNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM COVERED IN SOOT TRYING TO COAX HER DOWN AND SHE STILL WON'T COME DOWN----WHERE IN THE **** IS SHE SITTING UP THE CHIMNEY???? CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THERE IS TO HANG ONTO UP THERE???????????????????THE OTHER DISGUSTING PART IS ----SHE IS IN MY LIVING ROOM AND WHEN SHE DOES COME OUT SHE WILL BE COVERED IN BLACK SOOT-------------------I CAN'T STAND IT ANY MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE----and now i have to go to work ------also one more thing----------------- I BLOCKED THE HOLE TO THE BATHROOM BUT I AM GOING TO SHUT THE DOOR CAUSE KNOWING THIS CAT,SHE WILL GET A TIRE IRON AND SHIMMY THE JUNK OUT OF THE HOLE.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

Shots, thanks for the story. Made me laugh!! so it's not just me. Yesterday, this kid bought a soda with a coupon that made it free. Came up 8cents tax and he had a $5. so I go in my pocket and pull out 8cents and try to ring it up. Now, the register says he owes -14cents. I don't have a Todd. Had to call Kevviinnnnn. There I was trying to do a good thing and wasting the kid's break. He works there.

Why doesn't kitty want to live with Bagz?

4 wisdom teeth at once???? NO!!! NO!!! I remember having mine out and it was 2 at a time and the whole side of the face swelled up and I had to eat through a straw. Poor little DD.

p.s. the money in MY pocket is from people who leave their change there and the dollar bill that someone found on the floor. It makes life easier for me to throw the odd cents sometimes anyhow.

I have the day off. DS is off working on his capstone project and maintaining his Mr. Independent attitude. We need to get him into UF housing and I HOPE he's going along with this as LCP's school offered him this and that and it left over $6,000 a year that HE has not pay. That's HE has to pay. Not ME. I have done my part by getting him the scholarships to let him to to UF free if he will just do it.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #72  
loves kleenex box art

oh yeah ... very proud of Kiwidh. I always say that kids are not here to raise themselves. Adults must step in and smooth the way sometimes. You are both great parents.

Is the dog in Must Like Dogs your kid of dog? Big and black. I didn't watch the whole movie. Bored me.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #73  

Dont cats like Fish... Go out and buy a 5 or 10 pounds of the most expensive Fish, and put it by the fireplace/chimney.....

Is Kitty doesn't come down

Light fireplace: You smokem Kitty out... .you catch kitty before she goes up in smoke

Make broiled fish for family....

Please video tape the above for our amusement
Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #74  
loves kleenex box art

taking issue with the mam thing cause I say it. Even if it's a teenybopper and it's a customer I say sir and ma'am. DS probably does not. There's a problem here that teachers may insist on students using Sir and Ma'am and Yankees not liking it because they think it's slang. I don't think it's possible to say it without really giving some honor to the person you're talking to. It's polite and kids who use it are not likely to throw your food around and grab the money out of your hand.

when I was in high school ( way way way long ago ) we went to the state capitol. The governor was from our home town and we kinda thought the capitol belonged to us more than other people because of that so we ran up and down the halls and made noise and acted bratty. An elevator operator who was of a different race told us to be quiet. He told me specifically. I remember saying, "Yes ..." and puzzling out in mind was I supposed to say sir to him? This had not been included in my training. But I did. " ... Sir." And I'm glad.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #75  

Cowie.... I know! I use Mam myself-- and I take no issue with it as I do see it as being respectful and a mark of good manners... And we do use the term up Nawth -so it's not a southern thing ...It just makes me feel old dahlink!