Old 03-28-2006, 03:23 PM   #151  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Our Dearest
PeachBottom
The Very Happiest Of
Happy Birthdays!!

Look what I got you! ------------->

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #152  
Member w/ messiest house

Party at Peachie's blog!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #153  
Member w/ messiest house

HEY! Where is everybody? I realize it's probably a lovely day out there and you're all gardening or something, but I'm here now and I need attention!

I'm going to coin a new word to describe the typographical stupidity that develops after you've been online for years. I had to pause while typing the last paragraph and decide whether "here" was spelled like that or "hear". How sad. Let's see, I could call it World Wide Wetardation. Cyberstupidity. Internet Brain Regression. Feel free to add better ideas. Maybe I'll post a poll.

Tonight is the annual high school variety show!!!!!!! This is so exciting that I made a purchase in its honor -- I decided that I needed an additional battery for my camcorder. I bought an extra one several years ago and it stopped working very well (only held about 5 minutes of charge), then I lost it. My good battery is good for probably 45 minutes if I don't use the LCD screen (that means I have to look through the camera lens and miss the show, which sux), so what I wanted is another equivalent. Of course I didn't think about it until 2 days ago, making it impossible to get one. That is UNTIL I went online and found one at Amazon that offered One Day Delivery Guaranteed! So I paid $16 extra to get it here today, which would be refunded if it didn't arrive. And lo and behold (or as I got in an email today, "Wallah"), it actually arrived this morning and is at this moment charging. Things don't usually go that well.

I'm totally psyched. DD would not tell me what exactly she's doing in the variety show, although I know she is backing up one or 2 other people's songs and doing something solo. She's not doing a duet with BF -- They swear they will do something together for class day at the end of the year. That's perfect, I'll be in total tears then and won't be able to see a thing... At the variety show 2 years ago they worked up "at the last minute" her singing "My Immortal" with his accompaniment. That's a year and half before they started going out. They make a great team. Anyway, DD said there would be a whole lot of things I would want to film, so I'm ready!!

Gotta go stop the dog from digging up the lawn.

Kiwi
Old 03-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #154  

KIWI..M.u.s.t. P.o.s.t all the songs and goings on of DDs !!!!! How fabu!!!

Painty/Sug/ Peachie: I visit yer blogs daily..justsoyaknow
:

I may or may not be here fer a few: I'm being flown about the USA fer 2nd round job interviews on 3 jobs .. My sched is brutal but will have my laptop - sad part of this is I'm not too thrilled bout any of these jobs

WHY CANT I JUST STAY HOME AND GARDEN AND KAYAK???
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #155  

Schatzi, I'm very concerned that your working outside the home will have a detrimental effect on hanging w/ the herd. Promise you won't let work interfere w/ slacking.

Today is definitely not a lovely day here and I'm definitely not gardening. It's gray and rainy, but the good news is that on Saturday the weather forecast is for clouds but no rain. Pathetic that we can get all excited about that, huh?

I have a roast in the crockpot w/ potatoes and carrots - yum.

Kiwi should be getting to the variety show about now - hope DD breaks a leg or somethin' like that...

I'm trying to come up w/ something interesting to say, but I just can't....

Schatzi, you asked about Plain Jane -- I like to read her blog, but Kiwi doesn't -- you can find her at www.plain-jane.com
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #156  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhh me lardy loo---i missed the party!!!HAPPY BIRTHWEEK!!!!!sorry peachtree!!!! it sounds like it was a blast----with a small gift store inventory arriving at your door!!!! your cousin sounds amazing~~!!!! i want some of the candy!!---- okay,i want to go to the variety show with kiwonkers,but i have a sore throat and feel like crap------------i will be back tomorrow for the review!!hi there all you other tanks---------------gotta go suck on some Halls cough drops.......................
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #157  

Poor Miss Bagz, hope you feel better.

My DH is leaving me. It's just for the weekend, but I'm feeling all lonely anyway. He's going fishing w/ a couple friends. They are sons of the friends we went on the cruise with. I find it amusing that DH has friends who are very young (early 30's) and very old (70 +). Plus a whole bunch of in betweens. He's a social butterfly, that man.

I'll be doing any d*mn thing I please while he's gone, which includes bunco on Saturday night. Wooo-eeeee! I'm a wild one.

Kiwi, we need a review of the variety show-----
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #158  
Member w/ messiest house

Sorry you are feeling icky, Bagz. Maybe this leetle musical review will cheer you up. The variety show was awesome, of courrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse. DD did a duet with bF's twin, from Phantom: All I Ask of You, bf accompanied them on piano. Then she played an original tune called Asymmetrical, guitar and voice. Then she backed up (on guitar and background vocal) another girl singing, um, I'll have to look that one up. It was very pretty. Oh yeah, Under Your Spell. The BF played piano for that one too. Then DD did another solo on voice & guitar: Etta James At Last, which was gorgeous. And she backed up a jazz saxophone piece A Night in Tunisia on her electric guitar, along with another guy on drums and bf on piano. Oh yeah, there were other things in between there. You know, by other people... Twas a very entertaining evening!!

It was a gorgeous day today. I took Jet on a walk with her 5 wild doggie friends (and their owner). We went on a trail in the woods. There was still ice in places, weird. They had a great time, got all muddy and wet. I'm sore.

DD is trying to look at her admission decision online, and it's driving us all crazy waiting.

Kiwi
Old 03-31-2006, 07:29 AM   #159  
loves kleenex box art

starting a new thread
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote