Old 03-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #31  

Hi Cows! Sounds like everyone had a loverly weekend -- except I don't recall Painty or Schatzi reporting in.

This has been my morning so far - DH called me and told me he'd accidently put my keys in his pocket, so I had no way into the shop. I drove out to a jobsite our guys are working at and none of them had keys with them -- only one of them had left a key in his truck, which was back at the shop --- I drove back to the shop, found the key in his truck, then when I went to let myself in, I discovered that they had gone off and left our business unlocked!!!!!! Everything was left wide open. The computers are still here and the cash box still has money and I don't think any equipment has walked away. Geez. I wonder how many ppl came in, wandered around and left.

Peachers, that lady could be me - I know my license #, but I have to recite it really quickly to get it out right. I also know my Social #, but don't ask me for the last 4 digits of it, because that screws me up and then I have to write the entire thing out to remember. Beer and poptarts are 2 of the most important food groups for spring breakers.

I'm so happy that Crash won for best picture -- I think it was a very important movie that seemed to get overlooked by lots of ppl... maybe more ppl will watch it now. It was one of those movies that made you think long after you watched it. I think I'll buy the DVD and watch it again.

I visited my Kayden again on Sunday --- I bought her her very first baby doll. She didn't seem to get too excited over it -- in fact she slept the entire time I was visiting her, not that I let that stop me from holding her. DH and I traded back and forth the whole time we were there.

I kinda like car shopping, Cherry. Especially the time I went and bought that truck for DH for a Christmas present. I knew exactly the truck I wanted, I called the dealer ahead of time, agreed on a price over the phone, then when I got there, when they tried to raise the price, I told them I didn't have to buy a truck and I started to leave and then they suddenly went back to the agreed upon price. It was kind of empowering. especially because I'd never bought anything big like that w/o DH. and it was really fun when we pulled into the driveway on Christmas eve and it was sitting there w/ a big bow on it, and DH actually cried he was so happy..... or maybe it was because he got the payment book... heee...... good for DS on the great ACT score .... and boo on having knee and hip problems.

P-nut butter biscuits sound kinda good Kiwi---of course, just about everything sounds kinda good to me... anyone have Pasta w/ Vodka Sauce? I have a new recipe, but I hate to waste a whole cup of vodka on it if I'm not going to like it...

I worked in the yard on Sunday and I'm hurtin' now. I fought w/ a huge old rose on my arbor and it almost won.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
one minute kiwi claims it's snowing then she says it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. let's keep an eye on that nose and see if it's growing.
Hmph -- you should know by now that snow=beautiful. And of course the sun shining on the snow is super-bright, like a white sand beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Three boys bought so much beer it made a mountain on the converyer belt. When I got done with the beer it was followed by the rest of their sustenance .. a mountain of pop tarts.
Yay! Beer and pop tarts! Breakfast of Champions!!

Kayden's not into baby dolls? Must be a tomboy. I remember how people used to make pronouncements like that about DD when she was tiny The one that used to infuriate me was "she's so dainty". Lord, she was not! I mean not that she was an oaf or anything, but she was definitely not some little porcelain child. Sheesh. She was a neat eater though -- she had a friend who was such a mess when she ate that it was kind of astonishing. I mean the kid was totally sweet and cute but when you put food in front of her it would end up smeared from here to kingdom come!

What were you saying? I think I got off track...

I've had pasta with vodka sauce. Sauce from a jar, and also I think I've had it in a restaurant. I'll tell you, the one from the jar had a sort of bitter taste I think. I didn't care for it and neither did DH. I think the one from the restaurant was much better.

Those guys really have a way of sending you on a wild goose chase, don't they? Do you suppose DH intended just to tell you about keys and leave the store open for you? You'd think he'd say something, huh? Go figure.

I can understand the fun of buying your DH a truck, but I wouldn't know which truck I'd want and I wouldn't be able to come to a satisfactory price and I'd always feel screwed. That's me. And good for you for not being that way.

So anyway, we finally get snow and then it starts warming up and I think the snow is going to be gone by tomorrow or so. Guess I ought to take advantage of it while it's here.

You know I still have ants? About half of them turn up dead, which I find inexplicable. One minute there are none on the floor and next minute there's a dead one. How do they get there if they're dead? Sometimes I think they're falling out of the ceiling. Which is entirely possible with the state of our kitchen ceiling. God what a dump.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #33  

Quote:
I remember how people used to make pronouncements like that about DD when she was tiny The one that used to infuriate me was "she's so dainty". Lord, she was not!
Kiwi, don't you think ppl just say stuff like that because it's hard to come up w/ something to say about little newborns? When they're little, there's not always a whole lot of distinguishing characteristics. Of course, I'm not talking about Kayden, (or your DD, or any of the cow herd children) because they are all exceptional children, of course.

Quote:
Do you suppose DH intended just to tell you about keys and leave the store open for you?
Nope. He called me early this morning to tell me that he accidently grabbed my keys and that I'd need to go to the closest jobsite to borrow some from someone else because he was already an hour away.... and believe me, he wasn't happy that the shop wasn't locked up.

I've got no explanation about the ants. Lord knows I've dealt w/ plenty of ants living in an old house. Never had problems w/ dead ones, just the live variety.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I've got no explanation about the ants. Lord knows I've dealt w/ plenty of ants living in an old house. Never had problems w/ dead ones, just the live variety.
Normally I wouldn't have a problem with dead ants, I would go and vacuum them up when I felt like it, but Miss Numb Brain Jet keeps focussing on them and I think has eaten a lot of the live ones. I'm thinking that poisoned ants are not all that healthy for a growing puppy. Just one more thing to worry about.
Quote:
Kiwi, don't you think ppl just say stuff like that because it's hard to come up w/ something to say about little newborns?
No doubt. I suppose it would be too much to ask that they exclaim how smart she looks.

I went snowshoeing! Aren't we all proud of me? (Painfully twisting arm attempting to pat self on back) Puppy was very happy.

Kiwi
Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #35  

Yay for kiwi and her snow shoes!

Wabby: I love penne pasta in Vodka sauce too.. I tried the Emeril brand and hated it.. Didn't taste anything like the kind you get in the restaurants... Bleah

Helllllo Cowie, Bagz, Cherry and Sug... I have nothing new to report. I've been playing in the dirt getting the garden ready, and that's about all...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #36  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i feel so sad for Dana Reeve's son--poor thing is only a young teen and now both of his parents are gone---how did she die so fast??? very sad
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Clearly I am a moron, but who are you talking about?

Oh never mind, I just read the news article. Wow. That sux.

I am bathing my dog. As we speak. Okay, I'm paying someone else to do it. I don't think I can actually get her entirely wet anymore with the measley spray attachment I've been using, she's got so much hair. Getting lots of undercoat and it needs to be thinned out a bit. The good news is that if she should fall in the water by mistake, she won't get totally soaked for a while

It's another beautiful sunny day. As long as you don't look at the ground, which has gone from sparkling white to white patches mixed with mud.

Tata, cowsies.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 03-07-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #38  

Hey! wait a minute.... I was gone all day yesterday and that's all the posts I have to come back too???? where have all the cows gone??

Come back and tell me all about your gardening, Schatzi. That's what I did yesterday too. In the pouring rain. yech. I think my annual spring fever is starting up. I've got all my roses pruned, and all the beds have had the once over, but need more detailed work. My pond is the thing that's really in bad shape, but I just can't force myself to work on it until the weather warms up. We're still in the 50's with rain, rain, rain.

I also went to the eye dr. and he wants to do a lazer treatment for glaucoma. It has a 70% success rate and then I wouldn't have to use eye drops for about 5 years. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it. I do hate to always remember the drops so I just might.

Bagzie, that is so sad. Also sad that she went through so much since her husband had the accident, just to have more tragedy.

Kiwi, I need to take my doggies in for a bath too. Wouldn't it be great to have a dog wash set up at home? Everyone should have one. Is Jett just one big ball of fluff now?
Old 03-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #39  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, my father-in-law had that done and he LOOOVES it. One of my professors also had that done. He says he didn't realize how bad it had gotten and how much it affected his mood and ability to get things done.

One of the things they keep talking about with Dana Reeve is that lung cancer is usually pretty far along by the time it's typically discovered. And how could she have known-- she wasn't even a smoker. I think that that disease is demonized, too, because of the way Americans moralize about health issues. Too much blame. Other cancers get more attention because they're not someone's "fault." Sigh.

Must go. I did a weight tape yesterday. Yay! Hope to have time to do it again tomorrow. Did you see the study about weight training cutting waist fat? Sign me up!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #40  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Kiwi, I need to take my doggies in for a bath too. Wouldn't it be great to have a dog wash set up at home? Everyone should have one. Is Jett just one big ball of fluff now?
She was getting a lot of undercoat -- she had fluffy-butt syndrome! Now she is silky and shiny, still fluffy, but it's lighter. Very nice. Too bad she just went outside and dug in the mud again... Actually it's okay, just her feet are muddy. And the mudroom floor and carpet. And the front of my sweatshirt. Such a joy.

A dog wash setup would be very convenient. Jet's bath cost $20! But she won't need another for a long time, unless she rolls in something really vile, so it was well worth it. I also like having someone else deal with the mess...

My computer is driving me batty. I think I need to reinstall Antivirus. >cough< >cough< I hope I'm not infected with anything.

Kiwi
Old 03-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #41  

$20 is a bargain. I used to take our Golden Retriever to the groomer and she charged me $40. Now that we have 2 dogs, I just can't afford it. It's $16 each at the self service dog wash. They base it on the size of dog. Will Jett's grooming be more when she's bigger?

Cherry, this laser surgery won't help my eyesight, just keep my eye pressure within safe limits. Is your weight tape a Cathe one?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #42  
The magic shrinking cow

Yep, it was a Cathe tape! Pyramid Upper Body.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #43  
fatter than U

Hi dolls,

Still fat. Still tired. Still in the middle of birthday stress. dsalmost10 wants a hamburger shaped birthday cake. Think I can pull it off?

Still snowing here. Enough is enough.

Will read and reply to rest of scintillating life reports later.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #44  

OK. I read Peachie's post, then I went away for a minute and it disappeared. I know you're out there......

I woke up this morning to Snow!!!!!! This is the first of the entire winter.... and besides that, everybody here was thinking spring. All the weathermen were caught completely off guard. I don't think I can ever remember snow in March in my lifetime of rainy winters here.

Sugar, of course you can make a hamburger cake. With enough frosting, you can make a cake be almost anything. I'm planning a birthday dinner for DS next Sunday. He will be 23. Still my baby.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
dsalmost10 wants a hamburger shaped birthday cake. Think I can pull it off?
Sure, how about a giant whoopie pie?
Quote:
Snow!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Still snowing here. Enough is enough.
Not fair Not fair! I'm the one who wanted snow! Of course we still have 2 months of winter left here... If you don't send me some of that snow, I'll, I'll, I'll

Tomorrow I get to travel (several hours) up to the frozener north to watch the One Act Play competition. DD's play is on Saturday, while a neighbor kid who goes to a magnet school is in one tomorrow night. I'm very excited, although I have to board the doggie. I'm sure she'll have fun barking with the big dogs. She had a blast at the groomer's. The groomer is a friend of mine and does this plus doggie day care out of her house, so she let Jet play with the other dogs after she was dry. She was definitely a happy dog. I don't know what the more professional groomers charge; it's been a long time since I used one. $40 is just insane, I would never pay that. I wouldn't pay that for a haircut in this town...

So anyway, we're staying overnight in "the county", which is what they call pretty much everything north of here that's still in the U.S. DH is not quite that excited. He thinks it's going to be boring to sit through umpteen high school plays. My feeling is that he certainly doesn't have to; I can't imagine why he couldn't do pretty much what he does every day at home -- read a book, watch TV and do the crossword puzzle. Ooh, was that catty? Anyway, it sounds like fun to me, and I can't wait to see DD's play. Spoiler: they all die at the end. Or was that at the beginning?

I'm making salmon for dinner, must go.

Kiwi