Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #91  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

and plus you have to be an AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------- hot damn,my dad was born in Boston----does that count!!!!!!!!!! WHEN ARE YOU TURNING FIFTY MISS WABBYTON????? I TURN FORTY NINE ON SATURDAY-----------HOW HIDEOUS AND ATROCIOUS.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #92  

WHAT!!!!!!! BAGZZZZZ such sort notice!! How are we cows going to throw a shindig??????????? I need more time to prepare!!!!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #93  
loves kleenex box art

Oh yeah. Me, too. I was gonna lose 10 lbs by Bagz's birthday. You must put it off.

is there a band called Bread and Chocolate? That's all I'm eating and I want it to be cool.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

Here's the next thing on my list of things customers do that bug me. You know the converyor belt empties things out at the cashier. But Not ALL of it does. The part closest to the customer runs right into the register and the part fartherest comes to the cashier. So some of them line everything up right by that part that makes me reach around the register and haul the stuff in. This is no big deal except big bottles of water, boxes of beer, 20 lb. bags of ice and a real pain to pull around.

I have a cat I would like to send to live in Bagz's chimney.

Remember my cousins who were mean to me when my mom died? There are three of them and I've learned from another cousin that one has has a benign brain tumor that has left her with a limp. Another was run over by a tractor and his ankle was crushed. I thought about going to visit him but never did and now he has a letter to the editor thanking his family and friends visits, cards and prayers. Weird. I'd feel bad about not sending a card or anything but they didn't tell me. It's only by accident I even know. So I don't feel bad. I feel regret that I don't have them for family but it hasn't been my choice I don't think. Do you think I should be doing something different? I seem to be losing friends for no reason I can find at all.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #95  

Bagzie - 49 - you're still a baby. Happy Birthday, dearie. I turn 50 on April 9th, so we get to be young together for another month, before they cart me off to the old folks home.

Peach, would you be friends w/ these cousins if they weren't related? No? Then you don't have to be friends w/ them just because you share a little DNA. We have friends who are more family than some of our family. I'll be paying more attention to where I put the heavy stuff on the conveyer belt at the store. I usually leave heavy stuff in the cart w/ the upc code up so they don't have to lift them. I try to be a good customer, really I do.

We had a very nice big bash for DS's birthday yesterday. We had halibut, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, salad w/ shrimp, french bread and topped it off w/ german chocolated cake and ice cream. Yum. I fed a couple of DS's best friends too. It's nice to make a meal for an appreciative group. These young guys don't get home cooked meals very often, so they polished every thing off pretty well. There were no leftovers. We also had some friends stop by to see my little sweetie pie Kayden. They of course, agreed that she is absolutely perfect.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #96  

Lookie leprauchans
Old 03-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #97  
Member w/ messiest house

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I'm making corned beef and stuff, and we invited a couple of friends over but they are not able to come because their road is closed for Mud Season. Isn't that a kicker? They built a new big log house on a pond and they plow their own road to get out in the winter, but every year there are 3-6 weeks when they can't drive in or out because of the mud. It's really early this year, and I suppose will last longer than usual. Another casualty of global warming (to go along with my completely ski-less winter).

Well, anyway, DD invited her bf over for dinner so there will be 4 of us eating mass quantities of beef. Oy.

Have a lovely weekend. We're off to the instrumental jazz festival tomorrow.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #98  

Happy St. Patty's day, cowsies!!!Have a loverly weekend and don't overdo the green beer!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:39 AM   #99  
fatter than U

Cool

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAGZIEEEEEEEEEE! You're the best.

Still haven't caught up with all yous cows. Yesterday my expat friend from Darmstadt (via San Francisco) came up on the train and I met her downtown and we talked in English for almost 8 hours. It was a blast. We found an "American" restaurant and made the waitress speak English too. She was sweet and did a very good job. I had a California burger with bacon and guacamole. It ate all of it along with the "Authentic American French Fried Potatoes". Heh. Also? At this place you can get your burger rare, as in pink and barely cooked inside. Eew. Hello? Isn't that just asking for salmonella?
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #100  
Member w/ messiest house

Happy 29th Birthday to Bagz!!
May you have many many more...29th birthdays!
I hope you are out celebrating this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Also? At this place you can get your burger rare, as in pink and barely cooked inside. Eew. Hello? Isn't that just asking for salmonella?
We Americans like to live dangerously. You know, wild wild west and all that. But honestly, rare should not be pink, it should BLOOD RED and barely warm inside.

Lord, I have a migraine. I'm nauseous. blah. Long day yesterday. We took Jet with us in the car and headed south a couple of hours' drive to the state instrumental jazz festival. DD went on the bus with the band. We watched a few other schools' jazz bands, and DD's. They did well, but didn't place in the top 3, so they didn't have to stay for the evening. We all went to eat at "99" where we had rare meat. Just kidding, I don't really eat bloody rare meat, I like it medium rare.

In the afternoon we stopped at the pet store and Jet had a little training session with the trainer that taught her puppy class. He thought she needed to eat more. I've been really cautious about her food because they almost always get a little chubby after they get spayed, but I guess I shouldn't worry about it yet. She is pretty bony. She was nearly as out of control for him as she is for me.

DH and I talked all the way home about DD's college choices, whether I ought to talk to her again about birth control, and other such speculative topics. No wonder I have a migraine.

I want to go back to bed. DH and DD are in the living room watching the new Doctor Who.

Kiwi
Old 03-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #101  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy birthday Bagziieee!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #102  

Quote:
DH and I talked all the way home about DD's college choices, whether I ought to talk to her again about birth control, and other such speculative topics.
I vote yes. Speaking from experience here, although I've talked to both my chilluns about birth control, and OOps, anyway. It's just that DS was at a time in his life in which it wasn't catastrophic for him, but your DD has plans in which a pregnancy wouldn't work into. I know it kind of feels like endorsement of pre marital s*x, but I just think it's being smart to be open about such things. Ask Bagz. I'm sure she knows the answer.

Eeew on the rare hamburger. I may eat a steak that is pink in the middle (never bloody) but I'd never eat a pink in the middle burger. That's just asking for trouble. Also, I heard that you're safe from the Crazy Cow disease if you stay away from any organ meats. Which is ok by me, I'm not a liver n' onions gal anyway. Most of our meat is home grown (although I prefer not to think about that), but I do buy an occasional pkg of hamburger or a couple steaks.

Sorry you had a migraine, Kiwi. Nothing worse than a nausea inducing migraine. bleeeh. Jet sounds alot like DS's yellow lab puppy. He brought her to our house this weekend so she could have a good run.... lordy that pup has energy! Our poor old golden retriever didn't even try to play w/ her. He's really slowing down. He has arthritis in one shoulder joint and his nose is almost all gray now. He sleeps almost all the time. Except for the gray nose, he reminds me of me.

I had a glorious spring day working in the yard yesterday. I worked myself into one big aching muscle, but it sure was nice to get outside. DH was off fishing for the morning, but when he got back we took a drive over to DS's house to see our leetle sweetpea in the afternoon. She slept through our visit, though.

Sugar, you sound so happy to have an english speaking friend.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #103  
Member w/ messiest house

Looks like it's just you and me, huh Wabbit? I'm kind of sore today too. I'm thinking it's because I've been throwing tennis balls for pupster. I got one of those plastic ball slingers -- looks like a backscratcher -- because I suck so bad at throwing, so I've been slinging tennis balls for 2 days. I think it's using muscles I never heard of before.

Guess who got a college reply letter today?!?! You guessed it! DD has been accepted at Brandeis and they offered her a big, 4 year scholarship! Makes it pretty durn attractive, but it wouldn't probably be her first choice. We'll see. I think she'll have to wait for another week and a half still for the others. She's ecstatic though! Now she knows she can go to a very good school and we can afford it! Yippee!

I have to decide on what Broadway show I'm going to chaperone when I go to NY with the band and chorus trip. These are the choices:
  • Blue Man Group
  • Producers
  • Wedding Singer
  • Spam-a-lot
  • Hairspray
I'm leaning toward Spam-a-lot.

Kiwi
Old 03-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #104  

I'm here ..I think: (kinda like a take on Rodan)

anyhoo... aBIG WAHOOOOO on leetle kiwiette's scholarship! , but seriously, was there any doubt That empty nest is commin sooooon Kiwi...

I had one of those purrrfect days yesterday... The weather was loverly..and DH and I went to lowes to buy gardening crappola. We needed loppers and a wheelbarrow and other stuff.. so off we went stopping at Paneras.. I had the most divine French onion soup with a french baguette-can I get a YUM??!!. DH put together the wheelbarrow and then I told him we had to christen it... so I jumped in the barrow. he leaned over to give me a peck and then off like a carnival ride around the yard... I was laughin sooo hard, he then "dumped" me at the curb with all the pruning branches and clippings.. The neighbors were all smiling and clapping... Neighbors up the street then stopped by in their Model T Ford and off we went for a ride in this old car... I missed half of it since me and "tabitha" were too busy chatting about flowers and such in the back seat..We got in and I served up BBQ Pulled Pork on garlic sourdough..lit some candles, had a milk and epsom salt bath with some Merlot wine --got in my comfy clothes and enjoyed the night with my DH and Furbabies..just puuuurfect ...sigh
Old 03-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #105  

Waaaaaahhhhh-hooooo for Kiwiette!!!!! That is sooooo wonderful, Kiwi! I'm sure you're just bustin' your buttons! Of course all we herd godmothers didn't have a doubt - we know she's going to do great things. She'll have a string of scholarships to choose from, I'm sure. If that doesn't make a carrot want to dance, I don't know what would.

Schatzi, that sounds like the perfect day. One to remember.