Old 02-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #121  

This miserable month is almost over and we have all been lagging, so let's get together and start March off with some good challenges. How about all of us OP every single day in March. Come to this site and write down your food for the day (if you need to) or use fitday, and stay honest. OP even for birthdays, anniversaries, parties, dinners out, free food, aggrevation, depression, hopelessness, jealousy etc. The exercise challange is 3 times a week minimum.
We all need to do this. We all have been making excuses, and not doing the right thing.
So let's do it, OK? Spring is coming very soon and then summer and we will all be miserable in tee shirts with fat hanging out. No more big sweaters and shirts in the heat.
What do you think.
BTW-this doesn't mean we can blow the next few days till March. OK?
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #122  

Congrats on the pounds lost Kathy! Especially given you were traveling! I got menus done for the rest of the month. Time to poop or get off the pot so to speak. I know part of the problem has been not making the best food choices in the world and I have no one to blame but myself. I like Laura and others of us use food as a way to escape what is bothering me and it just has to stop. I made a mini goal to be 195 for Logan's birthday. He will be 1 on May 18th and I think it is realistic goal if I stick to my guns and get it rolling well. I have noticed that my house is messier and I am just tired all the time and I always feel behind when I am not eating OP. So I took the time and am planning ahead for this coming week since I have alot of errends and appointments to go to. I also want Kathy to see less of me in April LOL.

We must have been posting at the same time Laura! YES YES YES we ALL need to get this ball rolling. I know I personally would like to be able to wear shorts and a tank top and not look like an overstuffed teddy bear or a mushroom with legs!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #123  

Good Melissa, I'm glad you will do this with me. I am really ready.
We are going to dinner at a friend's. She is making veal parmasan, which I definately won't eat because it's poor pathetic baby cows. I am bringing a huge salad and i will be fine with that and whatever veggies she serves.
NO MORE EXCUSES FOR ME. i DON'T WANT TO BE FAT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am loving my water workouts. It's so much fun and it's a good workout too. We go into the deep water, hang from noodles and do leg lifts and crunches. It's hard, but much more fun than machines. I highly recommend it if you have access to a pool.
Laura
Old 02-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #124  

I will have to look into that here in the near future. I have been wanting to get the girls swimming lessons but I haven't because (A) I don't even own a swimsuit and (B) no way do I want anyone to see that much of me lol. I also wanted to do the water work outs because I have heard that it is great for people with arthritis since it is less impact on the joints. I know the girls would love it since they are both such water babies. Everytime Odessa hears water run she gets naked and heads right for the bathroom. She is having a great time with her other grandma too.

Looks like a scored a dresser for Logan too thru freecycle woohoo! I would be lost without it.
Melissa
Old 02-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #125  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

you are so right laura! march is going to be our month! we need to be thinking about showing off our success in *gasp* bathing suits even in the summer. op all the way, everyday!
i have already booked a camping trip to this excellent place on the central ca coast i love for my birthday, and i am making it my goal to be at my gw by then, if not before. i need to stay committed, because the first pound and last 15 are the hardest of all.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #126  

Well I finally managed to go all day and be OP and I can't tell you how much better I feel already! Makes a person wonder why they fall off the wagon when all it does is make you fat and feel like doodoo all the time. I also got to sleep all night for two nights in a row now! I feel so special. He may just be going to sleep from now on which would be lovely. Odessa got home and had a blast. It is almost 9a here and she is still sleeping in fact. I will check in later-got so much to do!
Melissa
Old 02-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #127  
~*Dreams Can Come True*~

S/C/G: 238/240/130

Height: 5'4

hey everyone! i am dreading summer time once again because it seems like i am the only one in my world that doesnt get to wear a cute string bikini im trying to work towards feeling fine, not embarrassed in a bathing suit, because now, i dont even want to be seen by my family! do you guys think 40 pounds by summer is possible? omg that would put me at 192!!!! omg i am so excited!!!!!!!!!
jen1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #128  

I think that is completely realistic-it is still Feb. That would average to 10lbs a month and it can be done. I haven't owned a bathing suit since my daughter was about 5 and she is 22 now and I have done everything in my power to not be in a position where I would need one. I really want to be able to wear one this year even though it means I would have to take out a razor and use it LOL
Melissa
Old 02-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #129  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

OK i have been AWOL for a couple days-
need to catch up

Laura I am with you too - i will post my food daily and exercise- that way if i am bad someone (PLEASE or at me!)
i need to be accountable to others instead of just saying well i blew it -oh well- what i need to say is i blew it and i will get back OP NOW
I am so tired of making excuses and i need to "own" my eating and lack of exercise habits- i am so tired of just being blah about weight loss and being healthy.
so if ya'll put up with my food diary and exercise i'll post every day- ( i may miss a few while in transition and moving but i'll prolly bore everyone with my posting cause i am going to be serious about it. my hubby says- " but you say that every month" and yeah i do, but i am going to try in march. too many months off the wagon.

two things really hit me hard this week- one is i've been making excuses for far too long and there's no reason i am not losing except laziness and two i so wanted to have a nice pic in the staff directory and again i am the fat office manager-"turn this way honey and we'll hide the double chin as best as we can"
it also annoys me that my jeans make so much noise when i walk-

Freecycle rocks! I got rid of so much stuff this past week and didn't have to drag it to goodwill! and YAY! on getting sleep Melissa- i know it has to feel good!
Suzette- i am saddened by the overweight kids today- a good friend who is only 32 is like 100 pounds overweight and it suprised me last week as she wasn't able to keep up with me walking in Target- she huffed and puffed the whole time. I really though she was going to pass out on me- but then i got a diet coke and a bag of baked lays for a treat and she got a regular soda- an extra large and a bag of chips and a bag of cookies - not saying i am perfect or even "good" at times but gee-
I am living only 5 minutes from the beach and i would really like a bathing suit and not have someone yell whale on the beach when i go ( yes it has happened- more than once)
to everyone
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #130  

My food for today:
I egg omlette with cheese and spinach
1 orange
chicken salad
1 piece of bread
apple
chicken stir fry, veggies and 1/3 rice
mango, frozen cubes from Trader Joes
No workout today.
It's boring to post and read food plans, but we all need to do it and we all need to stop making excuses, especially me.
I think we have gone overboard forgiving ourselves and each other all winter. We all have 21 century stresses, sometimes worse and sometimes better, and I think we are all using them as excuses to eat. I know I still stuff down my troubles. If I eat a lot, I will feel it in my gut and it takes away from the pain I feel over the real situation.
Stuffing down the feelings doesn't make them better, just makes me fatter and instead of dealing with the real feelings I can moan and groan about being too fat and a failure.
Has anyone tried to find Theresa?
Laura
Old 02-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #131  

I will do my best to email her today-I have Josh's annual DDD appointment and it is at the house so I need to make sure the poor guy at least has a path to the couch! Will do actual post in a bit.
melissa
Old 02-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #132  

Ok been a bit hectic so I missed breakfast-I know my bad! Here is the rest of the days menu for today.

meatloaf
orange
1 roll
2t butter
mexican casserole
salad
2T LF dressing
2T sunflower seeds

PM snack orange
Total points 22 of 26
I still had 7 points left so I may have to edit later if I need to use them. Ok I really should get dressed and get the lunch thing going here.

PS
I emailed Theresa so hopefully she will email back.
Melissa

Last edited by neo98292; 02-27-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #133  

I really like posting today's food. Once you post it, you have to stay honest or you will feel silly, so please join us.
Laura
Old 02-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #134  

I agree with you Laura-I didn't want to have to go back and alter what I had written. Josh's appointment ran over so I will be eating a little later than normal. We all eat here about 4-430 and I don't have dinner in the oven yet lol. Fed kids hotdogs I had out in the freezer and I almost just had one myself but that is really more points than I want to spend and not nearly the amount of "good" food I could have so I am in the process of cooking the caserole now. I am not feeling starving so that is good and I can always grab the orange if I need it. I have to rethink tomorrow since I am taking josh out to lunch between his appointments.
Melissa
Old 02-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #135  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

ok i got it all wrong (whats new??? ) i thought we were supposed to post what we ate during the day - not what we are going to eat tomorrow-
oh well i may end up soing it both ways this month - i am in a packing frenzy now with 19 days to go and work is unbelievably busy.

today i ate:
1 serving smart start cereal (1 cup)
1/2 cup skim milk
(then 30 minutes later I was hungry again and had another bowl- about 1/2 cup with a splash of milk)
1 medium banana

1 boca burger
1 ww bun
lettuce, tomato and onion & mustard
1 serving baked lays
1 small apple

4 oz. chicken
1/2 baked sweet potato
2 cups green beans

snack tonight will be strawberries and jellow/ coolwhip free

tomorrow i have planned for a more filling breakfast with more protein ( egg whites and turkey sausage scramble)
snacks will be yoghurt and a banana - we have tons of strawberries to eat up too-
lunch will be another boca burger and dinner will be meatloaf and spinach with salad and prolly more strawberries
Now if i can just exercise maybe it'll go good?? I am so looking forward to thsi mve to be done so i have a nice area of town to walk in- also my good GF will be only 6 blocks form me and a few blocks for both of us is a beautiful walking path and she said today we will have to start walking (not that she needs to)
I also emailed theresa and it was sent back but i may have NOT had the right email
I disagree with it being boring reading others meal plans cause it gives me ideas about what to eat- i feel it is also very motivating to know we are all going for an all OP month ! I think planning snacks so one doesn't get starving helps too. i am going back to my homemade prepacking snacks and maybe even some of melissas pumpkin muffins! and i'm sure some of my meals for a day will be amusing and give everyone a laugh!

I am so happy tho cause when i was packing I found my wedding ring!!!! we had thought it lost ( actually we thought a family member had thrown it away for spite) years ago and i was going thru a box of old pictures and there it was.
well i am off to do dishes and then i think i will crash early as i am just tired- TOM is here AGAIN - I can't win - i have a dr's appt. next month but gee- enough is enough already. the whole month of feb i was either having TOM or bloated or cramps. no wonder this month was rotten-
See ya'll tomorrow!
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote