Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #16  

Candice try to let it go-I know it is hard-especially when we just plain don't get why we did it in the first place. Hindsight can be cruel so dust off and start over. I have been there so many times myself. New day-new beginning!

Laura so glad you are home safely. I know about the slacking since Christmas thing. I am going to sit down sometime today and get the menu planned for when I go grocery shopping on Friday. Not much to chose from till then so I will just try and be as careful as I can.

Well you will never guess what?? THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!!!! Yes I know it is hard to believe due to where I live but it is. So....when I put the two younger ones down for their nap, I am gonna put some boots on Dess and we are going to go outside for awhile. I know most of the time will be pushing her on the swing but I may get some debrit out of the yard. We had terrible wind storm for like two days here. Trees went down onto houses and power was lost. The thing that got me was people were more worried about how they were going to watch the superbowl than the fact they had no power or a tree had split their house in two. Go figure.
Let's get it going again!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #17  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

lol laura. it was the same for me when i first went to the gym, back in 2002. everyone was so fit. i assumed that was howgyms were everywhere, but maybe it's a san diego thing. it was pretty indimidating at first, but then i just learned to do my thing when i realized that even though i was the fattest person at the gym, no one was staring at me. but i must say, it's great not to be the biggest anymore
as for my little indiscretion yesterday, i'm over it. as miss scarlett would say. hopefully i will get up early tonight and go to the gym before work.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #18  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hellloooo??? Where is everyone? It's too quiet!
Well, weigh in was yesterday at Curves and I stayed the same Oh well, much better than a gain!! I need to do the treadmill a few more times a week. I need to call the trainer also and get some type of weight lifting routine going. According to Fitday, I need to lose 1.4 lbs/week to be at 160 by Christmas. That is a very doable goal, I think. I would like it faster, but I will try to stay realistic!
Well, the weather is beautiful here, so I'm taking the kids and the dog out for a walk!
Check ya'll later!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #19  

Hi everybody!

I have been unable to get here ever since I posted on Friday and now I am way behind again! I kept getting the old server up until tonight for some reason, must have something to do w/my ISP. Anyway...I'm glad to be back!

Not too much new going on with me. I hope everybody is having a great week so far!

I have to speak to another class on the 15th. This time it's the Food & Nutrition class, I am nervous about it but I am kind of excited because this time it was requested by a student! My husband and I are both going to go talk about our weight loss, eating and exercise routines, etc. I am going to have to take some time over the weekend and figure out a general outline of what we're going to say since we will have around a half hour of speaking time and that's really quite a bit of time to fill in.

Well I better go get some work done around here and I'll try to catch up as soon as I can. This is getting to be a really busy time of year for me because I am a Prom co-sponsor and I'm also on interview teams for replacing anybody who might be resigning this year and we are starting in already with that.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!!!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #20  

It's hard to get back on track after a few days of true badness. I am at 1700 calories, but I did a good aquatic workout this morning and I feel it in every part of my body. I highly recommend it if the facility is available. Today there was just me and another woman and the trainer, so it was terrific. The trainer was a man, fiftyish, and not looking too good. But the session was excellent. I am thinking that maybe he is losing weight and hasn't arrived there yet. I really feel no pain in the water, but later on i know I have really worked hard. The big problem for me is that i have to wash my hair before I leave and come home with wet hair and that is a big pain. I can't leave the pool chlorine in my hair or it will turn a new color, probably green.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #21  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Unhappy i don't think I like February

for some reason i can not get on track- i am bloated and BLAH right now- seems i have been bloated for 3 weeks and no relief in sight. i am NOT eating anything salty or bad for me - i am drinking lots of water but i just feel all swollen and fat. in fact i upped my water on Dr's advice and my feet & face are so puffy- now they are worried about kidney issues with the diabetes.
I started new meds 3 weeks ago and wonder if they are the cause?? BUt i feel fat in my clothes and icky..sorry for the whine..

I didn't realize Ebay would become so time consuming but i am selling and loving it. i am getting organized with it and it is getting easier.

ok i have to admit instead of posting last night i got out the old ninetendo and played bubble boggle for an hour... should have but i didn't

i am not happy with this month seems i am on a permanent PMS right now..(poor Hubby)

Kayelle - you'll do fine - an outline always helps me when i have to speak. i am the type who can speak in front of 2 million people i don't know but hate to go to a party if i don't know anyone there. You are such an inspiration too-
weight lifting is supposed to help you burn fat faster as muscle keeps buring fat . (i think thats it.) Good luck kathy you can do it!

Laura- i have been known to go, "wait- i'm losing you- what?? I can't hear you- i'll talk to you later" when called with crisis i don't want to deal with. i know it may not be nice but tere are times i can't handle things in a nice way. it gives me time to chill.

i am still thinking private island with no cell phones or troubles. just guys who look like johnny depp handing us cool drinks..

Theresa i am so happy to see you back! I missed you! hey let a mom who isn't crazed do something! I work and do so much other things and i get so annoyed at moms who don't have other kids or work cause they don't do anything at the school.

Melissa- glad to hear you have sun!!!!!

i guess i will just start tomorrow all over again. i can still exercise and eat right even if i am all puffy.

have a good day tomorrow everyone!
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #22  

Kathy better to maintain than to gain I always say!

Kayelle you are going to do just as well with this lecture as you did before. It will actually get easier the more you do it. Practice makes perfect.

I would talk to your dr. Sandi-it sounds like it could very well be medication related. Prescriptions are nasty things. Sometimes the side affects are worse than what we suffer from in the first place. Just sounds too coincidental that the feelings started the same time as the new prescriptions.

Hmmm green hair.....it would have you in the right frame for st. patties day. Nah-I would stick with what you got-it works for you. I really want to eventually try that aquatic excersize. I think it is one of the best I could do with this stupid arthritis of mine but I need to wait for kids to get a little bigger. I would even like to just take dessa and get her lessons if I could get mom to sit with the other two.

Got my menu done so waiting for friday to get here. I am with Laura-time to get the nose to the grindstone again and be serious. I seem to be maintaining and I want to be losing again. I screwed up my puter somehow and wound up spending most of the day getting it all back together again. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. Well I need to get the little ones all tucked in.
Melissa
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #23  

Good Morning Everyone!!
It's a beautiful day here, a little cool but bright and sunny. Too bad I have to got to sleep as I have to work tonight. I have been OP most of the week except for yesterday when I did push the calories a little higher than usual. I still am not drinking enough water, and am not exercising. I plan to take my gym clothes with me tonight and go after work in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good night at work. My scale is sitting at 201 and not budging. I hope that when TOM is done it will start moving again. I am not going to change my ticker until I break that 200 mark. I am hoping It will go down by Valentine's day. Although Hubby already gave me my gift, he wasn't sure about my schedule and wanted to give it to me when I was home. I have a beuatiful diamond heart necklace. Guess what The chain that came with it actually fits!!! That is a first for me as I usually have to buy a longer chain for any necklace!!! So I guess that's my NSV for this week!!!
I found a dress that I would like to wear to my sister's wedding. The largest size it comes in is a 14 so I have got to get to work.

We had a girl in as a patient at work who had a history of a heart attack at 26. She weighed 324 now and all she wanted was food from Mcd's, Burger King etc.. She would pitch a fit when we told her that the doc ordered a calorie restricted diet and her family could not bring in outside food. I am sure that when she moved out of our unit to a regular room she had a regular fastfood buffet in her room. So sad to see someone so young killing herself with food. Her whole family was well over the 300 pound mark so I guess that is how she was raised to eat. I think that when I start back to school, my thesis might have to do with child obesity. I really think it is going to be the next big challenge for nurses in the future.
Ok off my
I hope everyone is doing well, it looks like it's been quiet in here this month. I am going to try to continue with not eating during my meal break at work, I really think that is what helped me lose the weight last month.

I made a mini goal for myself with an outfit as the reward for May 1st , I'll let you know if I get it.

Take care everyone,
Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #24  

So sad about your patient! If a heart attack doesn't give a wakeup call, not sure what would do it. It must break your heart to watch.

Well with my computer fiasco yesterday, I lost all my crockpot recipes so that bummed me out. I still know there are stuff for favorites that I just can't remember yet. Josh came unhinged when he found out-like I wanted it to happen. Counting to friday so I can get some healthy food in the house.
Melissa
Old 02-08-2006, 09:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I am also finding that ebay is more work than I imagined. I have made almost $400 in two weeks, but it has taken a lot of time. My feedback score went from 0 to 14 in those two weeks, and still I have 15 people who haven't left me feedback...when I kNOW they received their stuff okay, I just want a higher score I spent a lot of that $$ buying clothes for me and Allie (she will be naked soon, it's very difficult getting her ready for school this week, NOTHING fits, fit last week but not now). I bought almost $100 in clothing, new with tags, all big name brands that I haven't even dreamt about since I had the kids...and all in a size 16 They are for summer and I am panicking now thinking I have to get there now, because we can't afford to rebuy it in a bigger size. I am in a 18 now, so it's just one size down...I CAN DO THIS. I just don't feel like I can.

I have lost all focus on me again and it's hard to shift back. I've been potty training Tyler, dealing with a very smart a** attitude from Allie (since when did preschoolers talk like teenagers?), and taking care of Mawmaw, who is getting really bad with her memory and I have to drag the kids to check on her daily. I have been doing ebay and it has been hectic with that, and spending time shopping ebay too. I am happy that tonight I sold all but 3 things, and they have a few days so I can relax from that. I have to ship 9 packages tomorrow then will have to get the hosue cleaned up...it's a MESS.

Hubby said for Valentines I can have any digital camera I want, I have been wanting one for a long time, so I did all this research and settled on the Canon PowerShot A620. It's $399 in all the stores I checked, plus tax, but I got one off ebay for $320, shipping and all. Will pay for it tomrrow morning and hope it comes QUICK. I have a closet full of things to put on ebay, now that I am addicted to that extra $$, and I have to get the camera to get the pics and do it...lugged it all to a friend's house and back again last time, and will NOT do taht again, what a hassle.

Okay, I am really glad to be back and to hear everyone having the same struggles I have. It's like coming home from a long trip LET"S GET SERIOUS...I have to be in my 16 clothes by summer. Here's my plan...and what is the plan for you other "let's get serious" people?

I will get up early every morning, back to 6AM, and do the BL DVD, working on the 6 week plan.
I will plan my schedules out night before on fitday, 1400-1500 calories AND STICK TO IT.
I will grocery shop tomorrow and deck the hosue out in healthy foods...and buy NOTHING unhealthy.
I will drink water, water, more water, and lay off the Dr. Pepper.

I need your help ladies....HELP.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #26  

Yep you aren't the only one struggling. I have things all laid out for when I can grocery shop on Friday so at least I got a plan. Having your own camera will cut down listing time for you on ebay. I am still waiting for mom to bring hers over so I can get the pics done. She has been a bit hurried herself of late. Wish I had made that much over the last two weeks. I did sell couple of books and I have few things selling right now but I am not even near the 100 mark yet. It will take less time as you get a groove. Oh and people suck about giving feedback too. I don't think I have made it to 50% of customers leaving it for moms doll clothes or any for what I have sold lately. I don't leave it anymore for sales. I tell them to leave it when it arrives and we will do it then. I figure if feedback is important to them, then they will leave it otherwise I am not taking time out to do it.
Melissa

Last edited by neo98292; 02-08-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #27  
mmmm.. ice cream

Unhappy long pointless post

today was awful and it's not even over yet. grrr. i was dead tired at 4 this morning, but i had to go to work anyway. right after i got back from my break and the morning rush was starting, some errr, *lady*, cussed me out through the drive-through headset for no reason that i could discern. oh now i remember.. she wanted a hot chocolate, but i initially thought she said white chocolate mocha. and in fact, that is what she said -- the other girl with a headset at the time agreed she said it. i guess it should be no big deal, but is just one of those things i just can't handle. not only can i not tolerate rudeness, but i can't even *say* anything to her. <pulls out hair>. what is it with people that they will treat people this way just make themselves feel like big-shots? it's like people are just not human beings to each other any longer. we're more like dartboards. it's little things like this that kill any hope i harbor for humanity.
after that my wisdom tooth started throbbing until i just couldn't take it anymore, and i broke down and went to the dentist, even though my insurance hasn't kicked in yet. now i owe $459 for a deep cleaning, that by the way, was *excruciating.* i still have to have two fillings, the other side deep-cleaned, and of course, four extractions of my ridiculously impacted teeth.
to top it all off, i am too behind on my 2/14 goal to reasonably make it. i guess i blew it again.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #28  

Neither long or pointless Candice. People are not happy so they take it out on others and unfortunately those who deal with the public get to get the brunt of it. I got into trouble many times when I worked in the grocery business because I refused to allow anyone to talk to me that way. I never cussed at them or anything but I did refuse to serve a few times. Of course I got into trouble for it but I didn't care. I still don't let people do that to me but it is hard, especially when it is such a new job for you. People suck sometimes. I have had those "deep cleanings" and my heart goes out to you. You have done alot and you need to focus on what you have accomplished. I am not anywhere near my goal either for my birthday and I have to say it is all my fault but such is life and I am not going to let it bug me. Sounds like it was just a rough day overall for ya. Take a nice long hot bubble bath-you deserve it.
Melissa
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #29  
mmmm.. ice cream

that's a great idea. i am going to do that as soon as i finish my breakfast. i always take a bath instead of showers, so i don't think of it as a relaxing luxury. but today i will! at least i got plenty of sleep last night. the dentist gave me vicodin for my tooth so couldn't stay up to watch the movie, and i fell asleep at 10 p.m., and woke up at 10 a.m. hopefully work today will go better, since i'm not working in the morning, and not at drive-through. usually i don't like the slower shifts, but today it's just the thing i need (well, a day off would be even better.) i need to catch up with my food log and go to the gym though. other than that, tonight i am going to take it easy.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #30  

Hi. Im new, saw this thread and thought you all seem pretty cool. How has this whole 3fatchicks thing worked for you. Has it really helped with the weight lose to be connected? I hope so...

Right now I have a hubby and a local buddy for some support. We are all on a low cal diet (just for a few weeks). I saw this sight way back when and thought I should check it out again. I am 30 with a 4 yr old. I live in NH. I own 2 small businesses. I sell ink and media for large format printing and own a wine shop. So, Ive been way busy and eating out WAY too much (sometimes 4-5 times a week) and gaining and gaining. I was 180 (already big) and now 230. I have to lose the weight for me and for my daughter too I guess. I have started bringing lunch to work, drinking a ton of water, and I am going to start working out soon.

PS..I have done eBay in the past and was making almost 600 a week. SO I know that whold thing too. Maybe we have something in common?....
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote