Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #46  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

You are so right Melissa, and I have always been terrible about posting. I have my new computer now(it's wonderful!!!) and I will have dsl on Friday I promise I will start posting more and giving more encouragement! We all need it, and we all need to do our part. I won't be able to post Tues-Thurs though, I will actually be up in your town, but I don't think I will get to stop by this time My parents surprised my sisters and I(and my daughter Grace) with tickets to the Aerosmith concert in Tacoma Wednesday. They called me Friday and said, "Can you come up next week for 3 days?" I flipped out!! They are paying for everything, I just have to drive to Reno to catch the plane. 3 days with no kids! We will all be up in April for Spring Break though, you and I will definitely have to get together! PM me your phone# and maybe I'll get a few minutes free Wed morning.

Sandi-Sounds like things are going to work out well for all of you. Great news on a walking buddy! I know I could live with my inlaws if needed, we get along pretty well. My parents, I DON'T THINK SO!!! Love em to death, but can't be around them that much. 3 days next week will probably be enough, especially with my druggie little sister hanging around.
I'm up for the exercise, I actually made a ticker for Feb exercise today, need to update it already! I am trying for 200 min/week. Won't make it next week though, maybe 120? I love going to the gym and walking on the treadmill, no kids! Just put on my headphones and go. I have also upped my speed to 3.9!.

Theresa-Awesome job on ebay! I wish I could sell that much instead of buying!! Hubby is the king of ebay motors with all the money he's spending on his race car!!

Laura-Haven't heard from you today?? Hope the snow storm isn't too bad!

Dr Pepper description- Carbonated prune syrup-that's what my grandpa would always tell me when I drank it! I was addicted for years!

Well, it's 11, time for bed! I hope everyone has a great OP Sunday!!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #47  

Melissa, you hit the nail on the head. The holidays really seemed to be the stumbling block for us all. Right now I am frustrated as I have plateaued once again. My head knows that this is the body's way of catching up and adjusting, but emotionally it feels like failure. I also know that I need to exercise regularly, I just need to get past being so tired after working. We are very shorthanded at work, 4 open positions where a total of 6 is scheduled. Our patient load is higher than ever with management opening a 4th critical unit and staffing it themselves. We are working 5-6 12 hour shifts a week. When I get home all I want to do is sleep until time to go to work again. Some how I have got to start exercising. Drinking more water is another goal I need to set. I can see the effects of not exercising on my body, everything is sagging!!! I want to lose weight and look better, not worse!!!!

And yes Sandi, I am serving cheese with this whine

Kathy, It sounds like you have a solid plan, way to go, keep up the speed

I'm with you Melissa, Kathy and Sandi, I will try to post more, even when I'm feeling guilty or like I'm failing. Tuesday marks the middle of the month. Let's finish it off with a bang

Suzette

Last edited by MistyDreamer; 02-12-2006 at 12:14 PM.
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #48  

thanks Melissa, for saying what we all needed to hear. I have been a slacker in every way, food and posting. I will post everyday from now on, include a NFV several times a week, and continue to exercise.
Sandi- Your move sounds exciting, a big house, and nice folks.
the big noreaster stayed east of us, so we only have about 5 or 6 inches of snow. Tha's not too bad. I am trying to talk myself into going to a concert this afternoon. DH wants to go and I am so lazy and it means I would have to get out of my nightgown and sweater and do something to my hair. I am such a lazy whiner. I am hoping he will change his mind. I know i will have a good time if I go, but getting ready is the problem.
Food is fine so far today, and i mean to stay OP. Back to fitday is a good idea too.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #49  

Well Kathy you are picking a nice time to be in my neck of the woods as the sun is actually shining for a change. I am really glad I posted what I did yesterday. I have been thinking about it for weeks but I didn't want to sound like a whiner or crabby or make anyone feel bad. Now there are going to be times when we just can't post. Laura travels for her work and Misty works insane hours and there will be vacations ect so life will happen.

Congrats on the new puter too Kathy and you will love dsl! Too bad you won't be able to pop in. Course I already got spoiled by getting to spend time with Laura hehehe.

Ok question for people. Do any of you have the problem of doing awesome all day long and then have it fall apart in the late afternoon or evening??? I have had that happen twice to me now. It is really irritating me too. I can't figure out how I went from being together losing quite a bit of weight to being such a slacker and not following through. I have to stop it and I know it is a choice.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #50  

Hello! Looks like I missed out on a lot here yesterday! Glad to see everybody is ready to recommit and really get down to business. The holidays really do make it difficult...anytime I get off track I have a hard time getting back on. I am doing fine right now but I know how easy it is to "fall off" and once that happens it's so hard to get back with the program.

I know I need to post more often, too, it really does help me to stay committed when I know I have to come here and be accountable. It's hard between work and the kids' activities to always find time to keep up, but it is important to make our health a priority and part of that, for me, is coming here and posting and staying connected to you all.

We had a nice trip and thoroughly enjoyed the concert yesterday, but it's good to be home today.

120 minutes of exercise a week is a great goal for starting out. When I first started sometimes I could only manage 5 or 10 minutes on the nordic track, or a 20 minute walk, and I'd be to winded to keep going. I think you have to start out slowly or it makes it too hard to stick with. Pretty soon it'll become habit and you'll want to do more and more, and you just won't feel right if you skip your workouts. I never would have believed it if somebody had told me that a year ago, but it really is true.
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #51  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i think it's a great idea to get on here more and encourage each other more. posting nsvs regularly is a good idea as well. and i actually have an nsv today.. my mom sent my v-day dress, and it's actually a tad big even. yay! i can still wear it, but i wish i had the time to have it taken in a little bit.
i know what you mean melissa about falling off the wagon late in the day. i've had days that were perfect up until the last hour or two, and then i blew it. any thoughts on how to handle this problem?
kathy, your description of dr. pepper wins hands down. that sounds so gross!
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #52  

No I haven't come up with anything yet to combat that-not even sure what is triggering it yet. I am going to start thinking on it and see if I can come up with some alternatives.

Had a great little outing today. I took the girls for a kiddie cone when we were done. I had gone clear to Goldbar which is about 40 min away from me to get some baby gates through freecycle. I had given odessa one and asked her to pass it to Amanda and when I got the second cone she still hadn't so I gave that one to Amanda. I had just gotten out of the drive thru when Odessa got very upset. I turned around to see Amanda had one cone in each hand and eating feverishly ROFL. I had to stop and get out and give Odessa hers. Logan got his first taste today too and it was a big hit with him too. Poor little guy is just teething to beat the band.
Melissa
Old 02-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #53  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Suzette- we can't have cheese with our whine unless we have lo fat

Kathy - i agree that you win the DP description..EWW-

melissa- you are talking about me. I start off sooo good and eat so carefully in the a.m. and at lunch time and then the afternoon comes and i get home and all i want to do is eat and i BLOW everything i have been so careful on all day. I need to find what triggers this for me- right now i want to eat everything and I am not hungry. i am annoyed as hubby has been on the couch all day and I got up at 7 and made a BIG breakfast -taught 16 kids this a.m. in childrens' church and went shopping afterwards for bubble wrap etc.. came home made lunch and started laundry- I am still doing laundry- dishes and making lunches for tomorrow- oh and i went thru 3 HUGE boxes of "stuff" and got it down to 1 small box. tossed out 6 bags of trash. he watched 2 movies while i ran around. he's normally pretyy good about helping but today was an off day i guess and i am irked. so i want to eat. but of course it won't do me any good to eat so i will make a cup of tea and be happy. I have no idea on how "not to blow" the day. i think i just get irritated or irked and then i eat. maybe duck tape kids and hubby to the wall so i can get stuff done???

candice- Congrats on the dress!

Well it's going to freeze tonight but wednesday will be sunny and nice like in the high 70's?? anyone wanna show up and help me pack and have a yard sale?? we only live 5 minutes from the beach... Hint hint...

hmm i am thinking of an NSV today - I drank my water - prolly more than i normally drink.

well i have more dishes to do -while hubby watches the olympics- grrr we are gonna have a fuss- i am gonna have a real soon here.
to everyone
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #54  

Melissa, Thanks for the laugh, the thought of Amanda licking away madly cracked me up!!!!!

Sandi--I understand that primal urge to do damage to the hubby. Saturday (one of my few days off this month) I was running around doing errands, laundry, ironing etc... while DH slept on the couch. I know he has bad days with pain and I try to be understanding, but he didn't get up until 6pm, I was ready to fall into bed by then. Needless to say he was clueless to why I was so fried at him. Sunday morning he got a clue when he was getting dressed and I commented on how nice it was that the laundry fairy had not only washed and dried his clothes but ironed, folded, AND put them away. He was my loyal subject the rest of the day!!!

I understand the late day slip. For me it's early morning when I get home from work or on my days off. For some reason I get this strong need to munch, snack, graze on anything I can find. I have tried the trick of eating a dill pickle spear (the strong flavor is supposed to kill the snack attack) sometimes it works, other times I just reach for the sugarfree pudding and the WW snack cakes and make myself a treat. The only thing in the house that is real sweet with real sugar is ice cream, don't tell Candice but I don't like ice cream! I know, it's unamerican of me but it has never been one of my favorites. DH eats a ton of it as it is one of the few things his stomach can tolerate.

Anyway, today is a back to work day so I have to try to get some sleep.
Have a great day everyone, I will try and post in the morning when I get home.

Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #55  

Oh to not love ice cream. My nsv happened in the supermarket on Saturday. We were going to friends for dinner and I wanted to bring a sweet that I could have. I saw Breyers ice cream, buy one get one free, $4.49, that's $2.50 each. I was practically drooling over it. I know I would have no control over it and both cartons would be gone by Sunday night, so I passed over the great bargain and bought 1 tiny little pint of all fruit sherbert, 140 calories in each of 4 servings for $3.49.
I am still dreaming Breyers, but it's not here.
Laura
Old 02-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #56  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

ha ha suzette.. i think i have used that very same laundry fairy line before. our laundry fairy doesn't iron though you are lucky to not like ice cream. a friend of mine doesn't like it, and she is stick-thin.
congrats on passing up the ice cream laura. you go girl! i definitely did not pass up the breyers sale. when they had pints on sale for $1, i was all over it. but fruit sherbet is better anyway. especially coconut (not that it is low-cal or anything.)
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #57  

Well I am in a mood just so everyone knows ahead of time. Please feel free to go to the next post lol. TOM is in the driver seat!

Good job passing up the ice cream! It is probably one of my favorites so I don't buy it often because I can't leave it alone.

My SIL has been in town since Saturday. He just now got around to calling me and says he can't come see the kids till Wednesday since his now girlfriend co worker's birthday is tomorrow and they are going to a movie/dinner and he is buying her a dozen roses. He also wanted to know if he could claim the girls on his taxes. He apparently has been intimate with her since a month after they started driving together. His divorce isn't final until June and I guess what really made me mad is that he hid it from me-or tried to anyway. I am so tempted to just not be home on Wednesday. I am so *(&^&%&% right now I could scream. I am barely scraping by RAISING HIS KIDS and he goes out spending all this money on a girl and himself and doesnt' even ask what the kids need. And he can't take time out to even come see them for a bit to maybe give me a small break. I think he knows I am on the warpath.

My house passed its ispection today so that is good. Now I just have to see if they will ok the rent increase and to top things off my inspector had his flippin fly open while he was here! All I can say is thank God they are brief! (no pun intented). Food sucks, as well as my attitude. Mom and Grandma stopped by so I did get to vent a bit and I had to be reminded yet again he is only 24 and truthfully I am blessed. I know I am. I adore these kids and it really isn't them it is the people who are supposed to be responsible and aren't that bug me. I wouldn't trade my dumplings for anything but I guess I just get a little overwhelmed by it all.

Ok since I now wrote a crabby novel, I will try and get something productive done. I have a bunch of appointments to set up for kids. Medicaid changed policy and autism is no longer considered a mental health issue so I have to try and find some kind of therapist for Joshua to help him learn coping skills. Where I used to go isn't able to take him anymore. He also needs to go in for more testing for the autism and the dentist blah blah blah. Love you guys and thanks for the rant!
Melissa
Old 02-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #58  

Vent away Melissa-We are here for you. SIL was grown up enough to make those babies and a dozen roses buys plenty of food. What would he do without you? He should be giving you a check and a dozen roses. I know how much you love those babies and I'm glad they are yours and in reality, you don't need SIL, but he should still do the right thing.
I am antsy crazy today. I don't have a lot of work this week. I can't workout till tomorrow because I hurt and it's very quiet here. I have eaten all my calories, thank you fitday, so all I can have for supper is some veggies and tea. Tomorrow will be a better day. I will do a aquatic workout and then I have an appointment for a cut and color. I really hate coloring my hair, but I have grey around the front edges and I am not ready for it.
Laura
Old 02-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #59  

Well my Dad just popped by and guess what he had??? A dozen roses! I started crying yet again today. Talk about a walking sprinkler system geez.

I hear you about the coloring. I need to do it again myself. I am just not ready to be gray. I have to say though out of all of us kids, I was the last one to get any and I am the oldest. So next trip to the store I will have to look up my girlfriend Miss Clairol and hook up.
Melissa
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #60  

I can't color it myself. It's too curly and too much of it. When I do it myself I get blotches. And this time I want foils so it won't be all one shade. Maybe some day I will be able to face the grey and not have to do this.
Laura