Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Happy President's day everyone! Or Washington's birthday...which ever...or just happy monday to everyone else.....

I think that now that the new year has passed, some people who made resolutions are dropping off....that is what always happens in health clubs too.

It isn't a resolution, it is a way of life...eat less, move more, make better choices, when you fail don't give up....etc.

Ok, so I am back on track this morning. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #122  

Leslie - nice to see you again. I notice in myself that it gets harder to do the things that you're supposed to do after a month or so! Hate that! But is happens so we've just got to deal and build a bridge (get over it) and carry on. I'm trying SBD to see if it works for me. Have been doing WW, but may not be eating quite enough protein and getting way too much biscuits and crap instead

Wendy - maybe we (well...you) should post on the home page again? If we keep doing that we may get more lost soles?
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #123  
dgpebbles

morning ladies..Thanks for the welcome...well I weighed in today and I'm down 1.8lbs which puts me at 180.2...I was really hoping to get in the 170's today but oh well maybe next week....I do have a bad habit of weighing every day but I count Monday as my official day...

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to those of you who weigh-in today....It's off to work for me and I hope I don't have to work over today..
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Talking

Morning all!

Hi Meg! I have posted for newbies already and so far have really had no responce I'll try again! I think we could all use some of that will power dust!! I know I will need it! I am going to try and lose 3-5lbs THIS WEEK alone,that means a ton of exercise and I hate exercise

Hi Leslie! How are you doing??Are you still DYPing???I'm happy you are back on track!Great to hear from you!

Hi Donna! Don't work to hard today!

Hi Sweet Pea! Good morning to you!!
~Wendy~
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #125  

WHEW!!!! I just worked out for 1 hour and 25mins.!!! I'm beat and need a shower My poor little muscles are weak But feelin' good! I feel the burn,I feel the burn!!
What are you all doing??
Old 02-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #126  

ok, so I did it this morning- I got up before school and had a 20 minute run.... It felt really good and I had a ton of energy all day. I really should be doing this every day! Unfortunately i'm coming down with a wicked sore throat..... it's my turn my boys have all been really sick inthe past few weeks. I was hoping i'd get lucky...I guess not....ug
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #127  

way to go Wendy. I'm sitting here munching on veggies and hummus! Waiting for dinner to cook! I have art class tonight. That's about it for me!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #128  

i had the absolute worst night sleep i have had for about a mth. i took klonopin before bed as it often helps me sleep but it was a disaster. i woke every hour or 2 and i had just the most horrid nightmare. couldn't even speak after as my throat was so sore and "closed" so i turned on the light and left the room door open as i felt at threat. i am still tired

i am also having ongoing headaches

i have to be really careful. i have stopped the effexor as a test as i was sleeping all the time and i thought it might be causing the headaches. they are very mild but they also make me feel spaced out. i nearly had 2 accidents yday driving as i wasn't able to concentrate. also they make me head feel sort of heavy and it's like i sometimes get when i am super super tired but still trying to concentrate. esp if it's concentrating on a computer screen. it was like my head was swimming. nausea is listed as a side effect of the pills but it's not full on nausea. doc said don't worry side effects aren't so bad. but i hate them! it's sort of like i am light headed all the time

On the plus side I have lost 2kn = 4.4lb I guess because I started walking again and I haven’t had any binges lately. That is a miracle!!!

wendy well done on the exercise wowee

susie - what sort of art are you studying? i would love to learn how to draw and do cartoons

donna well done on weight loss. it feels good doesn't it

hey there meg and leslie

leslie i think you're right about people dropping off. i have been on other diet sites and people drop out all the time. very few people stick with the lifestyle changes
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #129  

I'm cutting out of here early tonight to spend some quality time with Ryan!

Hi Sweet Pea! Good job on the 4.4lbs!!!
Hope all is well with everyone!
G'night,
Wendy
Old 02-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #130  
dgpebbles

long day foe me...I just got home.

Wendy - 1 hour and 25 mins...good job

Susie- good job on your run...it really feels great when you can workout first thing in the morning....Hope you feel better soon...I was sick all week and it started out with a sore throat and then I lost my voice...What kind of art class are you taking? My daughter has been taking art for 3 years....she really likes charcoal and chalk and oil pastels...

Sweet - congrats on the 4.4lbs..thats awesome..Hope your headaches go away
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 AM   #131  

thanks everyone

i am struggling with side effects from meds so not much happening here. will do a bit of tidying

altho some excitement today. had a new garage door installed that i don't have to wrestle with. it will make life a lot easier hooray!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:29 AM   #132  

Sweet - lots of coming your way. Glad that today seems to be going better. I think that half of your loss flew through the air and landed on me!! It's amazing how quickly the weight comes off when you haven't been exercising for a while!

Wendy - big ups on doing so much exercise!! I've been back on the stepper for two nights now and I do feel better. Even my dodgy knee seems to be coping with the 45min stepping!

Have got some work to do at the moment, but my PE has gone out to meetings, so he isn't here to torture anymore . My mom tells me not to torture him, but it makes my day so much more entertaining!!

I'm on day 2 of SBD and coping ok. I'm not a great fruit fan, so cutting that out isn't too much of a hardship. I do find that I'm going through my water a bit faster, and have a slight headache, but no other probs.

I suppose it's time to get back to work again.

Good morning
Old 02-21-2006, 04:37 AM   #133  

thanks meg. i have started a different pill and the dizziness seems to be subsiding. i'll be glad when this is sorted out that's for sure. i feel a bit hungry now but it's after 10.30pm and it would be a big mistake to have anything to eat right now

who or what is your PE???

i thought about SBD but it's too strict for me i really struggle. and of course i adore fruit esp bananas so it would be a huge change for me. today i had a relatively balanced day of eating but i felt too dizzy and yucky to exercise. plus i was catching up on sleep!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:58 AM   #134  

PE- my Pet Engineer. The one I predominantly work for. He isn't really my boss, just an engineer! We only have one boss - the big one and a few policemen!!

I don't know if I'll lose any more weight on SBD, but it's also about the heart aspect. My dad died from a heart attack and my mom has already had a stent put in. I don't seem to have the familial cholesterol (a huge thing in this country - comes from the Dutch) so that doesn't seem to be an issue. I love veggies, so giving up carrots and butternut for two weeks may be a problem, but I'll gorge on all the others allowed!

I get low blood pressure sometimes and really hate the dizzyness that goes with it and can understand that it makes you feel yucky.

I'm now ready for lunch and have a new mag.

Sleep tight!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #135  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies! Long time no see! I hope I'm back now though...at least on and off. I decided to try to start doing some of the stuff that I used to. Not sure if Wendy said anything to you, but something happened awhile ago that I am trying to work though. Thought some of my regular routine back would help.

So far this morning I'm doing ok! Sometime this morning I'm going to the elementary school for a clinical. I have a meeting from 2:30-3:00, and my evening is shot (a concert, Student Senate, and a worship gathering group), but other than that I have a pretty easy day.

I'm still at 160 lbs. I started working out and such a few days ago, so I worked out lastnight and am planning on doing so again sometime today. So far today I had a bagel and I'm working on some coffee (I have now been limited to only one cup a day lol).

Ok, I'll be off and on maybe today.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote