Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 AM   #91  

well starch is high GI so can be worth excluding but from what you just said i'd be more inclined to take out the gravy i like meat and enjoy eating it. esp if it is really fresh and natural. i esp love bbqd meat

i would think if the bike isn't able to fill the purpose they are built for that the retailer has no choice but to refund or exchange it. goods have to be fit for the purpose they are sold for!

i have dstill not done enough exercise. today i did some errands but that's not enough. i need to be walking or dancing or doing some specific intentional exercise

doggies are all ok now for walkies and quarantine is over. i sprayed some of the section with disinfectant but didn't quite finish (naughty me i was procrastinating too much)

doc said to continue pills even tho they make me sleep a couple of hours a day. she said just set your alarm and sleep for 1 hour. i said ok fully intending to sleep the 2 hrs i need rofl
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:34 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Sorry girls! I'd love to chat but i'm beat! It's 2:30am here and just got the work done for dad. I'll catch up to you all tomorrow!
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #93  

Sweet - never really thought about the gravy like that before... but I must say that it's not really a hard and fast rule for me about starch, more like something I'm just trying. Having nothing to do at work is boring and that makes me want to eat. Having TOM as well, which is late because of the move as well. Have managed to read nearly two whole books in 24 hrs with no work or internet! Will try to get on the stepper tonight if I feel like it! I'm sure the shop will exchange the bike for me, but I would like to try something new! How long does the doc think it will take you to acclimatise to the new meds? Hope that it's soon so that you can get moving again. Also good news about the animals - there is some incentive to get moving!

I think that I'll spend some time re-thinking my diet this weekend. I do know that I'm still losing weight, but I've become very slapdash lately and that must stop.

Ok, speak to you both tomorrow.

Mwah
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #94  

Morning! How I envy you being able to read so much!! I can't even get through a magazine these days!
SweetPea,glad to hear that you and your pets are ok now! That must have been hard to handle,and stressful too!
I'm having a hard time getting off this plateau I'm on and it's getting irritating!! Almost as irritating as my ex-husband!
I also have to re-think me diet plan,or go on a diet plan!! lol!
Later!
W.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #95  

Bump!
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #96  

oh i can't keep my nose out of books. i have to force myself to do other stuff LOL. what are you reading meg?

i went for a nice long walk with the dogs today and am feeling pleased with myself

wendy did you advertise on the board for more people?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:36 AM   #97  

Hi! Guess nobody is interested I posted for newbies yesterday and no responce yet. That's ok,they will come,I have faith!
Off to bed soon.Ryan is in the bath(I know,it's late) and will be going to bed within 1/2 hour(I hope) and then I'm off to La La Land myself. Still trying to catch up from 3 days with little. Hope all is well,Take care and have a great day/night!!
W.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #98  

Sweet - I've sadly just read a double book of Nora Robers (cring!!!). Finished those last night and started on stephanie no. 8 because the other new book is here at work! That is a Clive Cussler - action adventure. Will see how the day goes, but the boss is away and I have no work, and will be going for a haircut as well. REALLY did not feel like coming into work today, but going better now that I'm here.

Wendy - I'm also having probs with motivation etc at the moment. My eating is totally out of wak and I'm worried that I'm going to start picking up weight again! I haven't been exercising in the last few weeks and that might also have something to do with it. I hoping that I'll get back into it all from next week.

My plans for sunday (lunch with friends) has been cancelled, so I'll try and spend some time unpacking and sorting out. There are at least two boxes in my room that are nearly empty and can be emptied! I would of course MUCH rather sit and read a book! We'll just wait and see which wins!

Mwah
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:49 AM   #99  

Hi all

i went out to dinner tonight with some friends plus had someone come by this afternoon for a chat. unfortunately haven't got much done tho. plus i bought mcd on my way home at 10pm - NAUGHTY hehe

i don't like nora roberts either. actually i don't like the mystery/thriller books that always have a romantic ending e.g. iris johanssen. she's a good writer but they're really just disguised mills n boon. i don't read action adventure. i'm strictly a mystery murder and mayhem gal

yup i'd rather read a book than housework or sorting boxes too. i still have lots of unpacked boxes because i don't have room but i need to go sort them and rehome some of the stuff

reading legal thrillers at the mo by DW Buffa. pretty good. night
Old 02-17-2006, 09:17 AM   #100  

Default Hello

Hello Ladies,

I was reading your posts and you are an inspiring group of women. I hope you dont mind if I join your thread. I need a group like you to help keep me motivated. Well have a good day ladies. I will talk to you soon.
bigbootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #101  

HI Bigbootie! Welcome,jump right in and make yourself at home!!
So,back to the books...Let's see,the last book I read was"What to expect the toddlers years"!! ROFL Wasn't as educational as I thought it would be!And that was over a year ago.......How I miss that leisure time...
On to better things! Today is going to be a raving sucess for me. I'm determined to be a good girl and eat my vegetables!!!!
Just have to...stay..away..from....the.....chips........:dus t:
going to be hard,but will manage!!!
See ya all later!
Wendy
Old 02-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #102  

Hi! Guess I'll chat with you all tomorrow,I have a busy day planned so I won't be around to much!
G'night/morning to you all!
Wendy
Old 02-18-2006, 06:44 AM   #103  

I went out tonight to a party. I didn’t want to go but now I’m glad I did. I did some dancing and most of the people were nice. I have quite a bad tummy upset now really rumbling but I’m not sure what caused it.

i also mowed the lawns and went for a short walk with the dogs. all and all a good night. oh and the dancing would have burned some calories too!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #104  

HI Sweet Pea! WOW sounds like you had a great time!I love dancing!I try to get out on Tuesdays to go country dancing(2 step,swings,chacha,etc.)but it's hard to find a babsitter sometimes!
Hope your tummy is feeling better!
Wendy
Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #105  

Hello ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted but I have been very busy so far this weekend. School vacation is starting here this week and we took our niece in for the vacation so it has been hectic esp, with the 2 we already have. I must say that I have done an awful job dieting today and I am ashamed of myself. I must have drank 3 or 4 sodas which has always been my downfall, and I was doing so well with just drinking water and diet. As long as it doesnt happen again anytime soon, I cant kick myself to hard. I just joined the gym this week and boy are my legs burning. I am a bit upset that I didn't make it to the gym today and wont be able to go tommorrow because they do not have childcare on Sunday. I will have to do a tae-bo video to make up for it. Well I gotta go gets these kids settled down and to jammies. Have a good evening ladies, I will talk to you tomorrow.
bigbootie is offline   Reply With Quote