Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #1051  
It's ME!

Ani, sorry to hear about your gain. I know the feeling of doing everything right and getting a gain as a result and it sucks. Don't let it get you down though, you know that you've done the hard work so just keep plugging away at it and you'll get there.

I think I'm finally clicking into Christmas mode and that's not a good thing ... I don't wanna go to the gym today

I took yesterday off because I was so tired from my night of dancing on Saturday - I hardly drank on Saturday night which was great but instead of a hangover I was just super tired. Have to get back to the gym today as much as I can't be bothered.

Goal for this week: Exercise at least 3 times!!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #1052  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Thanks Little Kiwi. The thing I need to keep telling myself is that I will get there, and that it's really, really important to not give up. I think it's times like this when we are in most danger of throwing our hands in the air (or in the fridge or pantry) and saying "it's too hard - I can't do it". It's so frustrating when you work hard, do the right thing, and still make no progress in the right direction.

Maybe I have hit my first plateau, and if that's the case I just need to take a deep breath and stay really patient - because I know it will pass. I've been doing this now for almost five months, and I need to to think about the positive changes I have already made to my life. And while I feel proud of what I have achieved, I know it isn't enough yet.

We have got 12 days until the beginning of 2007. Since my body has decided to become as stubborn as my scales, I have to make sure my head is in the right place now. It's possible that I will still be more than 95kg by the end of the year. And that will mean I won't have made my first big goal.

But will that make me a failure? Not in this lifetime - no way. It makes me human.

Has anyone else thought about their personal weight loss goals for 2007? Mine are pretty simple:

1. I am going to make walking a part of my daily routine all year, at least five days a week. Not only will I walk for exercise, but will find incidental ways to walk more often.

2. I am going to lose at least 20kg throughout 2007.

3. I am going to reward myself, when I have lost 20kg, by spending two weeks in Bali being pampered.

How is everyone else going?

:-)
Ani
Old 12-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #1053  

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies. Well after last weeks attempts to post I'm finally able to today!

I've put on 1/2 a kg this week, which is to be expected with all the crap I've been consuming! But I'm not going to beat myself up about it I'm just going to put it behind me (which is probably where it is anyway!) and soldier on. Its so hard to stick to any kind of plan in December. I've had a few family gatherings on and nobody else is watching their weight, even though theres a few than probably should be, so theres not a lot of healthy choices. I had the inlaws bbq on Sunday and all they had were sausages and patties, and creamy salads, no lettuce to be seen anywhere! If I had know I would have packed my own lunch. Oh well not to worry. I still haven't had a fruit mince pie yet, will have to remedy that real soon!!!

Ani.
You have done so incredibly well over the last five months you should be proud of your achievements. Keep at it and I'm sure that this week you'll have a loss. Maybe you should start measuring yourself to gauge how much weight your losing. I know for myself that I've only managed to lose a couple of kg's but I've actually gone down a whole dress size Can I ask, whats TOM stand for? I know its your period but what do the letters mean?
Little Kiwi.
My plan is to stay where I am for the next couple of weeks and seriously get back into it all after all the festivities are over and done with! I'm a bit like you and can't really get into it all at the moment! I'm sure you'll make your three gym sessions and you'll do well this week.
Augigi.
Congratulations!!! You doing so very well. Right on track to make your Christmas goal. Yo go girl!

Anyone heard from Leeny? Wonder how Lindor is managing?

Ok off to the gym now.
XX
Barb
Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #1054  

Hey Barb, TOM is an abbreviation for *time of month*. I agree that Christmas is hard for everyone, and especially when you have a lot of social engagements. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to be able to choose healthy food at a BBQ or party. It's as if it doesn't even occur to people to make good food.

I think my chest infection is back (if it ever went away) and I'm going back to the doctor in the morning to see what can be done. I tried going for a walk today and only lasted 10 minutes before I felt awful.

I'm very happy I have found Aussie Chicks. I must say it has been a huge help and inspiration for me, and I am looking forward to what we can all achieve together next year.

Ani
Old 12-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #1055  
It's ME!

I weighed in on Tuesday and am sitting at 95.3 which is a tiny loss. I'm happy to be maintaining at the moment to be honest as I'm not making much of an effort with my diet.

Don't think I'll be doing my 3x of exercise this week as I'm really just not into it. Tuesday with my PT was hard but now I think I'll just chill and enjoy the holiday season and will get back up and running in the new year.

The weather here is abysmal right now, has been pouring with rain the last 2 days and also very cold. It's December, it's meant to be hot!!!

Maintaining is key at the moment!

Keep up the great work ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #1056  

I walked for an hour this morning - at LAST! Maybe I can get back on track now, and see if I can't shake the plateau, or whatever it is that's holding me back.

I went back to my new doctor today, and he said my sinuses are still infected - so more antibiotics for me. But more importantly, he did a *care plan*, and we worked together to set 3-month goals for next year. He said he will be more than happy if I lose a kilo each month (in my head I thought I would like to do a little better than that) … but he wants to weigh me in three month's time and see at least a 3kg improvement. You could have knocked me over - a doctor who actually appears interested in working with me? Stunned!

So even though the scales tell me I am 96.5kg I am feeling much more positive about my weight loss today.

How is everyone else going?

Ani
Old 12-22-2006, 04:45 AM   #1057  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hey all

Well I am still here. It is Xmas time and i am soooo busy that i just don't seem to find the time to get on the computer. Another reason...my bloody kids are constantly on here so it is a fight to see who wins....tonight it is my turn....and thats that i told them. It takes too long to catch up on everyones storys otherwise.

Glad we are all still here and still plugging along. I agree it is a hard time of year to diet and actually motivate oneself. Ani...i am sure with all your antibiotics/sinus stuff that was the reason for the slight gain. You retain fluid from medication remember. Keep doing the right thing and your weight will surprise you one day. You are such an amazing person with the right motivation that i KNOW you will get there. You have changed your life for the better and just remember that and you will succeed.

I think we all have to remember that when little temptations get in our way...we have come a long way and that 2007 we will make our dreams come true together.

Me....went to WW on Wed and put on 0.1kg...nothing i know but in the wrong direction. I was surprised it was not more with all the crap i have consumed in the last week. TOM is here as well so maybe i did lose something and it was "disguised". Have been doing lots of cooking and too many "licks" so that not good either. Been to a party but surprised myself...no wine nor nibblies and ate only chicken and a tossed salad thing. Going to my sisters for Xmas lunch and i am bringing the "right" salad so have to resist the sweets and i should be OK.(maybe only a small piece eh????)

Anyhow guys, keep going and will post tommorrow if i can beat the kids in here...ha ha(my son just typed that)....xxxleeny
Old 12-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #1058  

Alright - I admit it, I've succumbed to rubbish food today so I don't expect to be able to report any stunning results with my weigh-in. With Christmas and all its excesses I think I'll wait until tomorrow week to weigh-in again and see if I can have a good post-Christmas week.

I mostly came in here today to say I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas. It's been fantastic getting to know you all a little bit, and I really enjoy the support, and the sense of a shared journey we have :-).

I'm really looking forward to what we can achieve together next year.

Stay safe everyone, and have a great Christmas.

Ani
Old 12-24-2006, 05:21 AM   #1059  

Hi everyone! I just registered a few days ago and it's nice to see that the southern hemispherers have there own little corner! Heh, I say little... but I don't think I'm up to reading all 70 previous pages..

Now we're a few hrs ahead of everyone so it's practically Christmas... so I'd like to wish everyone here a very merry Xmas! I hope you can kick back and enjoy the day... I personally hope this weather picks up, or there will be a lot of families having to re-arrange their beach barbies!

I'm heaps glad to have found this board because I've had such a good week and it's keeping me motivated. Normally I start to flag around the 5 day mark (I don't know whether this is common or just my lack of persistance) but I think having a place for support and venting will make a lot of difference. I'm one of those people who wants immediate results and perfection so this weight loss journey will teach me some patience, I guess!

I think I have to take it one day, one week at a time for a while... I haven't added anything to my sig yet but I hope to see a bit of a difference in my face and have stacks of energy to do longer cardio sessions by feb. That would be a great start to the spring semester at uni!

Merry Christmas everyone! xx
Old 12-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #1060  

S/C/G: 135/130/95

Hello everyone,

I joined the site about 14 minutes ago now.
Over the last three days I have read 71 pages of pure insperation!
I feel as if I know each and everyone of you, so here is a bit of my background so you can get to know me.
I am 35 years old, I don't have any of my own children. I am engaged to be married on the 1 September 2007.
I have been on every diet known to man, and my weight has yo-yo'ed from 75kg to my highest at 135kg in the last 5 years.
Over the next 34 weeks I would like to loose 34kg or more! I want to look my best at my wedding and intend to do my absolute best to loose this weight.
So here I am, 1 day after Christmas Day starting my new healthy eating plan, my very first goal is to have lost another 5kg by the 30 January 2007.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #1061  

A big HELLO to the new women who have just joined us. Welcome aboard :-).

I don't know where all the regulars have gone to … except that Lindor is trotting around the southern parts of WA with her mum and her menagerie at the moment. I suspect that everyone else is tucking into the Christmas leftovers, and hoping that extra kilo magically disappears before they come back in here and tell us they've been very good over the festive season ;-).

With me, what you see is what you get. I ate more than I wanted at Christmas - not because there was an abundance of food, but because I really missed my family this year (who are all in central NSW), and I'll confess I emotionally ate.

But today is another day, and I'm ready to go again. I didn't weigh in this week - and it wasn't because of my Christmas overindulgence either. Sometimes this perimenopause is hideous. I went for about five months without having a single TOM moment - but in December I have made up for it. I am currently having my THIRD TOM this month. Grrr…

I suspect I am around 96kg, and that's OK. Not quite the 10kg I had planned for, but close. More importantly, my motivation to keep going is as strong as ever, even after 5 months.

Now, where is everyone hiding? I want to know how your Christmases were - and I'm looking forward to getting to know our new members as we head into 2007.

Ani
Old 12-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #1062  
It's ME!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our new chicks, I hope you get some benefit from checking in here like most of us do.

I had a nice Christmas day, got spoiled by my man and didn't go too far overboard with food. My favourite thing about Christmas lunch is having a ham. Yum! I've been carving bits off and munching away ever since which is probably not the best idea but hey, we only have a ham on the bone once a year and I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm going housesitting tonight until the 5th of Jan and am looking forward to that - I'm 28 and living with my parents at the moment so it'll be a nice break

Looking forward to the new year starting next week and feeling excited about what it will bring. I treated myself to a swanky new leather bound diary yesterday and I'm going to write my goals down - something I've never done before.

Hope everyone is happy and enjoying the holidays
Old 12-27-2006, 01:14 AM   #1063  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hey all

Welcome to the newbies. Hoping everyone had a nice Xmas with not too much Xmas cheer. It will be nice to chat to you new guys this new year(you may well inspire us "oldies"). I too am looking forward to what this new year will bring...I'm hoping a lot of weight loss for us all.

I have had tooooo much Xmas cheer and feel like i have put on about 1000kg overnight. I did intend to "indulge" in some festive cheer but as per usual "overindulged". NOt that i care too much(Xmas only comes once per year thank god) but i seem to continue with the festive cheer for too long. I did intend to start the diet again today. It is usually weigh in day today so thought it is the beginning of the week again so start again. Well...not so...still eating the lollies, cheesecake, Xmas pud, leftover meats etc etc. Tommorrow maybe better as most of the goodies i have devoured today.....no more left. No more parties to attend so things should improve. I have told myself that next Wed i will go to WW no matter what the scales say...i need to report to someone.

Anyhow, hoping that this new year will bring us all a little thinner and happier and look forward to chatting with you all and of course sharing our journey together. I am hoping that this new year i can finally make it to my goal.xxleeny
Old 12-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #1064  

A thousand kilos leeny? I suspect that might be a small exaggeration :-) but there are very few people who manage to avoid the tempting Christmas goodies! Good to hear that you're going to WW next week. Just let this be a bad week or so, and jump back on the bandwagon. That's what I'm trying to do.

I'm feeling good at the moment, even though I haven't walked for a few days. I'll get back into it in the next couple of days. I'm back to work next week, and that should be fun! In the meantime we have New Year's Eve to get through, and I have a party to go to - and then a recovery bbq the following day … so best I watch myself.

And my next weigh-in day is New Year's Day, so who knows what numbers I'll pull? Although I do expect to gain a little.

Ani
Old 12-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #1065  

Hi everyone

I jumped on the scales this morning and was very pleased to see I am 94.9kg. It's my lowest weight sofar, and I was surprised by that - I was expecting to have gained a little.

I'm eating reasonably well but haven't done any exercise this week - and I definitely haven't drunk enough water. And it is STILL TOM for me, so I can't complain about my scales today :-).

I'm going to try and walk this morning, and then I might venture off to the shops for the end of year sales. My mum gave me some money for Christmas, and wants me to buy some clothes. But the problem is that if I do that, they won't fit me in six months from now. Ah! What to do?

OK - I am now beginning the journey from 95-90kg (for those of you who don't know I am just losing weight 5kg at a time), and I have set the goal for the end of March. To reach that goal I want to:

• Walk for an hour at least five days a week;

• Eat no more than 1700 calories;

• Drink 2 litres of water every day;

• Do abdominal crunches 4 times a week;

• Go to the pool 2-3 times a week and swim/walk 40 laps.

What are everyone else's 2007 goals?

Ani
Closed Thread