Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #1201  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Morning girls.

I really really have to do something with myself. I was a bad mother today and slept while dd watched tv waiting 2 hours for breakfast. I told her she had to start getting up at 8am, and there I was still in bed at 10.30 wishing I could sleep all day.

I think that if I get exercising again, I'll be tired enough at night to not need something to sleep and then i wont be sluggish all day the next day. What a hole I've dug for myself. Maybe I should go run around the back yard for the C25K at least then my dd knows where I am and I'm still exercising. seems a bit silly, I could exercise on the oval across the road, but I ont like the idea of leaving her in the house on her own for that time. Oh I'll drag her over there, its only 22c at the moment. Its been pretty cool round here these past few days.

I can do this, I must do this, I will do this.

Kathy
Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #1202  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Hey Kathy

Why are you taking something to help you sleep? Is this a reaction to the pregnancy and miscarriage or were you taking sleepers before?

I know when I've been through serious trauma the first thing to suffer was sleep. And when you can't sleep everything else goes out the window - you can't think straight, your will to eat healthy and exercise goes out the window… it affects everything.

The tough thing is that your body needs to get plenty of sleep in order to heal from both physical and emotional pain - and you've had a big whack of both recently. Is it possible to take sleeping pills at around 8pm and try to go to bed early?

And do you have someone to talk to? Friends to support you?

Ani
Old 01-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #1203  
Aussie Chick

Thanks Ani,

I haven't been able to sleep for ages. I've been using Mersyndol to sleep and I really have to pull away from it. I know its not good for me. I haven't gotten out there an run yet, I'll do it this evening now, and hope that it wears me out enought to sleep well tonite.

Kathy
Old 01-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #1204  

Kathy, as someone who uses Mersyndol, can I make a suggestion?

I use it because I have three prolapsed discs in my lower back, one of which is completely ruptured. And I take it most nights, otherwise I have great trouble sleeping… but that's related to pain more than an inability to nod off.

If you're using it to sleep, it might be better to go to the chemist and get some Restavit (that's the ingredient in Mersyndol that makes you drowsy and tired, and you get a bigger dose buying it that way). The panadol in Mersyndol can harm your liver, and the codeine can be addictive (and constipate you).

Or go to a Dr and ask for some Normison. It's on prescription, it doesn't leave you with a hangover the next day, and the Dr can make sure you're not taking it for longer than you need.

I agree that exercise will help.

Be gentle with yourself, hey!

:-)
Ani
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 AM   #1205  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Normison can indeed be habit forming. There are newer sleepers that are not addictive and not from the same family as that - ones like Zolpidem. I also take Mersyndol for neck/shoulder pain, but it wipes me out and it's definitely not good sleep like I get after a hard day's exercise - plus I wake up with bloodshot eyes feeling crap.

As for me, I've had a crap day, meeting with the big boss which did not go well and ended with me in tears. He's such a supercilious pig. Anyhow.. must hang on a month to get my shares and bonus!

I did lose 1.1kg last week, quite disappointed it wasn't bigger as I exercised an hour every day, but maybe it will take a bit longer for the scales to catch up.

Tonight going orienteering in the bush with a friend - sounds fun! I would have never attempted something so energetic before I started this journey.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:00 AM   #1206  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Orienteering/rogaining was so much fun! 45 mins of run/walk (some people run the whole thing), going to collect checkpoints according to the map they give you. Went much quicker than 45 mins on the treadmill, and it's on twice a week, $8 a time! Will definitely keep doing it!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #1207  
Aussie Chick

Orienteering does sound fun. I've always enjoyed a bit of bushwalking, so I reckon that I'd have fun orienteering.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 AM   #1208  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hey girls

Firstly Lindor don't worry about you weight being the same. As Ani said...you did the right thing and the scales will play your game when they want to. I do feel for you though as when you do all the right things it is definitely not fair and not right eh! Keep going the scales will play your game next week i bet. I know i rely on the scales telling me i have done the right thing all week even though i know that they are only "part" of my dieting game.

Ani....your last comment about the scales only being part of the game really hit home to me. I rely on them too much and feel they are measuring my success(even though my head tells me otherwise and i am smarter than them so i know i "win"). It really hit home and i even read your comments out loud to my husband who constantly reminds me that the scales aren't the enemy....the chocolate fudge i ate was.... Thanks for making me think straight as sometimes i get so caught up in "the number" i forget about the bigger picture at times.

Kathy....listen to the girls about sleeping drugs. I know nothing about them but know they are necessary for some in some instances. Please go to your Dr and discuss options with him/her. You need your sleep to get over your emotional stuff....look after yourself

Augigi...sounds fun your orienteering. Great exercise too and you wouldn't realise you are exercising...i must look into that as i hate exercise so maybe that won't feel like it....i'll have to see...

Littlekiwi....yes i hate bosses that make you end up in tears. The last 2 i had did that to me constantly. I hated going to work and thought it was me....too sensitive or something but soon realised it was them. My mantra used to be...don't let their problems become mine and i survived a bit better. Saying that..i ended up quitting that job and have never looked back.

Me...good today. Still hot so lots of water but no exercise again. Did swim a bit in the pool(yes Ani...i love my pool..big deep inground yummy pool). It was a new car or a pool a couple of years back...the kids won and the pool was dug...never looked back there either(DH cleans it...so i win on all counts). I lost the plot for about 4 days solid and now feel gross and weigh in day on Wed so i have pulled my horns in for the next 2 days...better late than never as they say. Foods been good and my mind is back where it is supposed to be again...may it stay there. Both kids back at school tommorrow and i'm in for a new hairdo...that will make me feel better...always does...i'm a bit of a "girlie-girl" so looking forward to pampering me.

Anyhow ladies...this is our year i know it...keep going
Old 01-29-2007, 04:59 AM   #1209  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Starting at day one again tomorrow

Deep down I think I knew it anyway.

Keep up the good effort ladies! And that goes for me too!

And orienteering sounds like fun!!!

Will post more when I get over this moment of misery

Sorry.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #1210  
It's ME!

Hey everyone

I think it's great that despite the fact that even if we struggle, we are all able to come here for some support. It's really important to have the positive vibes being sent.

I weighed in yesterday and was disappointed that the scales had only gone down 200 grams but I'm trying not to worry about that. I feel better for exercising and therefore am going to keep at it. I feel better for putting good food into my body and therefore am going to keep at it.

Must start taking measurements again as I really do believe that they are a better indication of progress.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #1211  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Can I just apologise for that post of mine up there?

It was just a momant of regret after making a bit of a pig of myself - I am over it now

And after sleeping on it, yesterday wasn't all that bad considering I had done all my exercises, drunk my 2lt of water and eaten properly up until that point.

And lets face it, if I had gone out for dinner at a restaurant or something, I'd have probably equalled the calorie intake there anyway. And I can usually forgive myself after that!

LittleKiwi, you are spot on too...the support here is fantastic. I know I wouldn't be where I am now with my weight loss if I wasn't posting and getting the support from you lot here.

Alright, coffee, breakfast, shower and then off to work...with more overtime this evening! And more overtime again tomorrow (have I done my share yet???)

Have a good day ladies.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #1212  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Well, after weeks and weeks of not even thinking about my weight or loss thereof, Im back.

How is everyone??

Im so sorry that I completely dropped off the face of the earth...many things have been going on and although there is no excuse for just leaving, I do apologise!

I wont even try and go back to read the many pages of posts that I have missed, but will be on a lot more....I was diagnosed with PCOS after trying to get pregnant for a few months as you know...and as a result, have insulin resistance, which explains why I couldnt lose weight no matter how hard I tried. Well, long story short, I am now going on a low-GI diet (proven to have the best results with PCOS sufferers), and will be starting insulin balancing medication in March. We are giving ourselves one more month to try and get pregnant (with the help of fertility drugs) and then if no success, I will be focusing wholeheartedly on just getting healthy. But, I figure I can do that while trying to get pregnant as well. So, here I am.

Hope you all are really well and are going strong!!! Will pop in again soon!

Britt
xxxx
Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #1213  
Aussie Chick

Welcome back Britt. Its a good idea to work on losing weight for bub number 2. I read someones post this week somewhere as how much easier her 2nd pregnancy was after she had lost weight, and how much easier labour was as well. Often losing a few kg's or 10 (for me it was 10) one can fall pregnant more easily.

I had a really bad night last night, I had about 1/2 and hours sleep all night, and just managed to drop off when dd got up at 8am. Then she was dragging me out of bed for breakfast, and then the phone rang and the morning has gone down hill from there. Argh! No I didn't run this morning, put it off again.

My body is running on adrenalin at the moment and I can actually feel it pumping through my body. I'm in a really bad mood and managed to take it out on my dd already this morning. I'll make it up to her later.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Catch you all soon

Kathy
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #1214  

Britt - welcome back. We have missed you :-)

leeny, I had to go back to my post to see what I actually wrote that resonated with you. It's something I keep needing to remind myself of, because we get so caught up in the numbers on those scales.

Scales are a good tool, but a hideous master! That's my mantra for the week. And you can bet that the next time I actually drop a kilo or two, I'll be in love with those damnable things for a day or two and singing their praises *sigh*. Us women are too complex for our own good sometimes.

Kathy, I reckon I could match your mood today. In the last four nights I have had a total of about 16 hours sleep. Add to that the fact that I worked 16 hours yesterday, and then have ALREADY done eight hours today - I'm ready to mangle something.

For the sake of the preservation of my friends and family I have turned my phones off. I'm way too overtired to sleep - but just won't inflict myself on anyone today.

Hopefully I won't do any damage with food - being deliriously tired is dangerous to willpower. Maybe I should go for a walk and completely wear myself out.

:-)
Ani
Old 01-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #1215  
Aussie Chick

Good idea Ani, I'm at the point that I'm too tired to sleep too. and nauseated, but I'm putting that down to either, not enough sleep or my hormones still mucking around with me.

Here's to a better day tomorrow. I got The Lake House out on DVD to cheer me up tomorrow.

Kathy
Closed Thread