Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #241  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Great job girls. Everyone is doing so well. I wish my body didn't have the love affair its having with 85kgs that its having at the moment, but it will move eventually. I'm getting back to the gym tomorrow, and I'm going to start working hard again. Doing weights and cardio. Get those muscles hard, and the flab gone. Maybe then I'll start losing again.

Mind you, while bending over the bath tonite washing DD's hair, my jeans fell down, so thats not a bad thing. Good thing it was just DD, DH and myself here tho. Teach me to take my belt off...lol.

Cya's Tuesday night
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Kathy, I am sending vibes to your scales encouraging them that they can continue to live a happy life by showing you a figure less than 85kgs!!

Good luck, and don't give up (even though you have shown no signs of doing so). I keep expecting to reach a period when I stay level for some weeks too, I actually fear that time because I know it will be a time when I will become quite despondent and probably consider giving up

And well done Angel!!! Isn't wonderful to watch the kgs fall? Keep that 5kgs in mind and make it your next short term goal. I keep mental short term goals of about 5/10kgs all the time - I am currently aiming for 92kgs, that'll make me 20kgs lighter than when I started! Your sounding very positive too

I've had quite a busy few days both physically and mentally! My routine has been mucked about a bit but that will come back to order come the new week. I have had to really hit the books hard with my study and I managed to get two assignments done. Unfortunately I am not much of a self-motivator when it comes to home study so I have had to really push myself. Over the last few days, my study time has overlapped with my cycling times so I continued with the study and put off the cycling. On a good note though, I still managed to do my two cycles a day, although most often my morning cycle would be at about 1am

Saturday was a huge day physically. I spent two hours mowing the lawn - front and back yards, including the verges!! I then did a bit of slashing around the edges before the heat of the day got the better of me. I also did my 45mins of cycling. I felt pooped...but it felt good. And I slept well!!!

I am really hoping my efforts are going to be reflected in tomorrows weigh-in.

I've waffled enough!!!

Good luck everyone with your weigh-in tomorrow
Old 04-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #243  

Well I am in shock...almost worried

I am down 3kgs this week, can't help but worry that that is unhealthy? Nothing has changed in the way I am doing things - this week is the same as every other week.

I suppose if I try to justify it - when I am at a half kg I round it up to the nearest whole kg and last week I was actually 95.5kg. I feel well...I feel good.

Am I going down too quickly???
Old 04-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #244  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hi guys
Long time no chat. The computer decided to die...been off for a few days now. DH got it back on track but the sad news is that we lost everything. It took me ages to even find this site again as it has been so long since I first found it...where it was who could remember. Here I am again though and had a good long read about all your successes.

All are doing well. Lindor you have overcome the compulsiveness and now know that you do have self control...you good girl. That is one of the hurdles we must overcome if we are to be successful in our weight loss journey. 3kg is amazing. All your hard work and determination has paid off. It is definitely not too much to lose...remember your body will only do what it wants to..sometimes to our advantage and well others not. Your weight loss will continue Kathy you will see.

Me well..this week..another 2kgs down... I still am not back to my 83kg I started at the beginning of my posts but at least I am on the downhill slide again.

Still walking with the neighbour and now go about an hour. Food wise been great this week and only snuck one chip of the sons and today 2 sugar coated peanuts...oh the guilt
I will try to get on the chat tommorrow now I am back and running...it seemed like my throat was cut without the computer and you guys to chat to.
What ever did we do before computer days ...probably more exercise eh
leeny
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #245  
Aussie Chick

Wow Lindor and Leeny, you guys are doing so well. 3kgs and 2kgs, is fantastic. Congratulations.

I know what my problem is at the moment, I haven't been exercising, for nearly a month now, and I'm really feeling it. On the upside, I have "normal persons" blood sugar levels, except for first thing in the morning, darn Dawn Phenonemum (sp?). That I feel good about, so this diet is worth it. I am so tempted to cheat this weekend and scoff myself full of chocolate, so I'll have to decided whats more important, my health or a few moments of chocolate joy.

I'm fighting some bug at the moment, with regular moments of dizzy spells and nausea, not good for exercising. But I'll head to the gym tomorrow and get back into it, its about time I did something. Catch you in chat in 38 minutes.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:15 AM   #246  
Aussie Chick

I waited girls but no one in chat. its 8.15 and I see no one in there. See you soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #247  

I forgot!!! Sorry

I'm burning the candle at both ends at the moment - late nights and early mornings. Study to be completed and exam fast approaching. Work. Domestic life. Exercise.

I am tired (I actually fell asleep on the couch this evening too!!!). Something is bound to give soon. But, I don't want to give anything up, so I am really pushing myself.

I am hoping, come the end of the Easter Weekend, I'll be done with the study other than six weeks of revision before the exam in June. So things should start to lighten up a little from there.

So hopefully I will make next weeks chat...if I am given plenty of reminders

Sorry again Kathy
Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #248  
It's ME!

You ladies are all doing so well, quite an inspiration.

As expected, my conference was so full on that I didn't have any time to even think about exercising! Most of the food was pretty good but I did have a few naughties ;-)

Got back home on Saturday night and was so tired I went straight to bed and stayed there most of Sunday as well. Unfortunately all my good work last week has left me with an injured knee so I'm off to see a physio today to hopefully confirm that I can still work out.

Gotta keep moving!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #249  
It's ME!

Oh yeah ... another thing I've done for motivation is put an old photo of me in my diary. I was HOT!!! So now every time I open my training and nutrition diary, there is a gorgeous thin me smiling back at me. I miss her and I hope I get her back soon.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #250  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hi guys
Sorry to hear you are still not well Kathy...keep lots of fluid going won't you...flush out all those badies. Remember you are worth eating healthy for and those darn easter eggs are usually yuk (i'm trying to convince myself as well)!!!

Lindor you certainly have your life full at the moment and dieting as well has got to be difficult. Keep up the good work won't you.

Little Kiwi you did well also. It is oh so tempting when all the "illegal" food is put in front of you....you did well and hope your knee improves soon.

Sorry Kathy about the chat on Tuesday. I remembered too late as I had a bad day that day. The neighbour I go walking with discovered her dad dead on the toilet that morning. She was in a mess understandably. We had to ring the police and the ambos etc. Her poor kids were devestated as well so I had a bit of a yuk day and promptly forgot about the chat. Definitely next week..I have made a mental note now.

My diet..still going great this week although I must confess I just ate a chockie chip cookie I was baking for the neighbour as I'm sure she will have lots of visitors. I made her date and walnut slice, banana cake and the bickies and I only ate 1 bickie...good girl. I have a goal I am working towards at the moment. My husband is best man in a wedding at the end of July and I have a great dress I have only worn once when I was skinnny and felt skinny. I am determined not to spend any more money on a wedding outfit when I have a perfectly good one sitting in the wardrobe so I must get to my goal of at least 70kg by then. I should be able to do it if I keep my eye on the prize as they say.
Keep
going
girls and keep posting..leeny
Old 04-13-2006, 07:41 AM   #251  

Just a quickie to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter

If you have some chocolate, enjoy it and don't punish yourself for it!! It is a time when we should feel happy eating it!!

Take care everyone
Old 04-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #252  

Hello all...hope the weekend is going well for everyone

Just dropping in with my weigh-in...I am sitting on 93kg this week. I am wondering if my scales made a mistake last week and my 3kg drop was wrong? Just find it odd that I can lose 3kg in one week and nothing the next when nothing has changed in my diet or exercise routine.

I have been good...not eaten one easter egg, despite been given plenty!!! I have smuggled them all home and hidden them at the very back of the fridge

And I did get my course finished!!!

So I am a happy lady!!!

Hoping all else are well
Old 04-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #253  
..This too shall pass..

S/C/G: 140/140/70 kg

Arrow weigh in comes a day late..

Hey ladies,
how is everyone going?
I'm in a pretty bad way..can't seem to get a hold of my mother, have bronchial asthma flaring, an ear infection that popped up yesturday, DH is headed off to NZ tomorrow on business and comes back friday..AAAAND
yesturday the 19 inch screen blew up so now im dealing with something half the size. Just plain not happy.
Last week..the scales also broke..
On the upside, since i havent had my tastebuds for like a month now ive been REALLY good with binge-eating..hehe. We have a massive stash of easter goodies in bags beside the bed and we can trust each other to not eat them all..hehe.
The last time i weighed stepped on the scale i was 123kg which is plain great..
Oh, and my second eldest brother in law and his wife are expecting a baby bundle in october...i'm soooooo clucky..
Old 04-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #254  

I am sitting chat right now - I remembered!!! But I am alone

Angel, sorry things are not so good for you, hope they start to improve very soon. Well don't to on your control with the easter goodies!!! I have to say I have a stash hidden at the back of the fridge...but I have not yet been tempted. Doesn't it feel good to have control again?

And congrats on the good news of the pending new arrival...gotta love babies!!! Especially when they are someone elses

Well I'll hang about for a bit in chat, if nobody arrives then I shall head for the bike for half an hour
Old 04-19-2006, 05:45 AM   #255  
Aussie Chick

Well easter has been a bust for me, well and truely fell off the wagon. I cant wait for there to be no more chocolate in the house, its turned out to be reall hard for me to resist.

I'm changing my diet, still low carbing, but I'm going to up the carbs a bit. What I've been doing the past month wasn't making me lose weight, I had no energy what so ever, and haven't stepped foot inside the gym in ages.

So this week I'll get the food back on track and then back to the gym too. I feel terrible with myself cause I'm still paying for a gym membership that I haven't been using.

I watched the Biggest loser tonite, and thought, I have to do this for me, I have to lose weight, I have to get healthy. Whats keeping you girls going?
Closed Thread