Old 01-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #106  

Sending vibes for a great trip, Wood Nymph, and also that you have the get up and go to get it all done and together before you go~~~~

Walked today, briskly at first, and then round and about. all told about an hour. Felt good!!!! Large salad for lunch but unfortunately I didn't stop there. Still it was mostly salad.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #107  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks, Anagram! Salad is good, as is an hour's walk -- good on you, kiddo!

I just managed to push self out the door a half-hour ago and managed to get round the harbour for "crow time." We've got a lot of crows living in the park (at least in the winter) and they herald sunrise and sunset. I was stressed on the first part of my walk, although always restored a bit to be at the harbour again. Round the end, the sun was setting, pretty colours and clouds on the horizon and the waves splashing in. The crows were settling on the tops of trees like big black leaves and on some signal would sail forth with a great caw-cawing, wheel overhead in one direction and swing back again, as if imitating the waves. Another surreal moment at the end of the boardwalk. I thought, walking back homewards, that it could have been a dream sequence .

I'll get done what absolutely must be done. Heigh-ho!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:50 AM   #108  

Hello all,
A week ago today, it was so cold w/ intense winds I was wearing a long coat w/ a big shawl wrapped around my head to keep my ears from falling off...
Today, they say it will be "Suprisingly warm"....

Scared the heck out myself in the grocery store this morning when I thought I could button my shirt anymore. That I had gotten to big for it to fit....

This is a new issue for me... guess because I have gained and feel so little motivation to be on program...... Guess my subconcious thinks I can gain it all back... so I guess I better put some thought to that subject....

Speaking of food....
Dh and I bought a loaf of bread from the Big Sky Bread Company yesterday.... Garlic Olive Bread.... With whole black and green olives in it...
YUM>...
Will have to try it at home.....

How is everyone ??
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #109  
wsw

good morning, all!

have been thinking of you. so good to see you, anagram! haven't been op as diligently as i would like, but the past few days have been back on track. my food choices have been pretty good, though. portion control is still my demon. i have also kept up with my exercise, at least. breakfast was nutritious and the right portion. so far, so good. well, take care, all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #110  
Empress/Queen

Hope you have a good trip, Wood Nymph.

I'm trying to push ahead with work today also ... even if it takes all night ... so tomorrow will be better. But I'll probably just go to bed and leave it, in the end.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #111  
Empress/Queen

Hi, W!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:17 AM   #112  

Hello all,

Las night, my back was so sore and tight I went to bed covered in liniment....
and now, this morning, it is monsoon like...... just goes to prove the theories about folks being able to predict the weather are TRUE no matter that science cannot prove it.....

Empress, my belated birthday wishes to you....
Remember that song " getting better, not older"?

Wood Nymph... Business travel is not my favorite but sometimes enjoyable so I'm hoping you have some fun on your trip....

As for the blahs so many of us have been noticing around the palace....

Supposedely, the 24th of Jan is the 'calculated day' when the blahs are due us..... the doldrums of 'winter', flus/cold season, as well as lack of sunlight....

In other words, we are not alone.....
hmmmmm........

Anagram.... Reading about your walk is so motivational to me.... I remember years ago when I was without a car, how I discovered how walking could clear my head and help lift my mood.... Knowing your RA might be aggravated in this rainy weather, I am even more impressed you are walking....
Imagine us with you, although you might have to slow down to have me keep up!

Eydie! Ceara! Frogger! WSW! Aria2000! how goes it?

here's our thought of the day.....

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."
--- William James

Question of the day :

"Would you consider yourself an artist?"

Take care all....

Anyone ready for tea?
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #113  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Arabella I felt like I was on that walk with you. Nice trip thanks! I have a bit of a cold dry cough and ache. Not so nice! I have soaked in a hot tub a couple of times this weekend just to relax with some nice bubbles of lavendar scent. I didn't do too bad on my intake this weekend except for some cinnamon buns I bought for the hubby. They are almost gone thank goodness and I had my whole wheat english muffin for breakfast with blueberry jam. Well off to work and I am going to go to the gym just to do the treadmill after work for a bit. My body won't take more than that today. Still not feeling great if the State wasn't coming to ck out the books on my caseload I would stay home and rest.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:26 AM   #114  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Cac 'n K!

Running late. Wanted to re-recommend a book called Body for Life for Women ... I was just reading it (during my weights at home day) ... I am trying to de-emphasize the gym scene in my life and enjoy more home workouts. I have a crazy feeling that I only do well at the gym with a personal trainer and that's crazy ... I've fired (nicely) another trainer and cut gym workouts to classes only for the socialization and general conditioning ... sometimes will do weights at gym as they have heavier poundages and machines, but really, my body and mind enjoys not taking the time to drive there and realizes that actually I know a heck of a lot about lifting weights and exercise in general, as well as weight loss (see ticker ) ... so why am I always seeking external answers and a "guru" to help me out when all I need is already present.

Anyhow, I really like this book, which I believe was originally recommended by the noble queen E!

Ok, I am late. I only have four hours to do on the beat, see the publisher, etc., then I will work at home until finished.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #115  

Hi, there. Walked again somewhat yesterday with dd & princesses (here for an overnighter). Not a lot but faster than my usual pace w/these companions. Yes, K, RA is flared. actually was flaring a couple of weeks ago so back on prednisone (###s) but this weather has been so bad for it all. However, once kids left, I ran two errands and then had a good, relaxing sitdown plus a good cry because dh isn't here to watch his beloved Steelers in the Superbowl.

Now, I'm more relaxed and going to start another round of doing odds and ends. I'm accomplishing a lot but in a very serendipitous fashion. DD nagging me to take better care of me - doesn't believe I'm a step ahead of her but I am. Going to, going to. Am, am. Slow steps, right direction.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 AM   #116  

Height: 5'1"

Lightbulb

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't been visiting lately, just very busy.
Nice to see you are doing so well, Anagram!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #117  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! Cross postin' again from far far diet lands as I have only so many analogies in me feeble brain to explain my current fitness program:

"We're on the march!" saith Crone Jana the Jungle Lass, Exercise Queen o' the Wild Exercise Amazonian Tribe, which has latterly taken over Diet Town Village. Finding the folk there to be sedentary 'n set in their exercise ways, the Amazonians decided that instead of issuing new laws for the place, they'd just kidnap the noble Inspector A ..., latterly in command o' the No Refined Sugar Demon Fighting Precint House, and initiate her into their tribe.

Time passes.

Newly initiated Amazonian A ... realizes that the tribal religion forbids fornification with Demon Refined Sugar and so decides she can in good conscience give her all to membership in this sisterhood. Deep in a jungle clearing, by the Sparkling Superhealthy Magickal Waterfall, with the Beneficial Sun relaxing her every pore, she swears eternal fealty to Tribal Principals: LIFESTYLE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY OR FORMAL EXERCISE 24/7; and, of course, NO REFINED SUGAR FOR 365 DAYS IN A ROW!

"Let's go!!!" confirms Crone Jana the Jungle Lass, the leader o' the pack!

So everyone went off to do a Leslie Sansone video, thus demonstrating the First Spiritual Principle of the Amazonian Exercisers: WE DON'T NEED A GYM TO BE FIT AND WE DON'T NEED A PERSONAL TRAINER TO TELL US WHAT TO DO 'CAUSE WE KNOW!

Then members of the tribe went off on their personal jungle errands for the day.

Film at 11!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #118  

Methinks thou hast probably more knowledge than most physical trainers and $$$ would rest as well in thy account as anyone else's, Queen A.

Made it to pool today. Stiffer than I expected to be. But that will go in time. At least my exercise time has increased if no other improvements being made (well, some are but not yet enough).
Old 01-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #119  

Plus tried scale again today. Up about 8 pounds from lowest - back to where I had plateaued for so long. Well, did it once, can do it again, I guess. And still feel even heavier than that. So I'm glad that's all it is.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #120  

Height: 5'1"

I know you can do it, Anagram!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote