Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #151  
Momma Frog

Pass me one of those FRESH START CARDS! I noshed on pizza yesterday.

And I fell down the stairs....with the baby...

She's alright, as I was carrying her in front of me against my chest. I don't know if I slipped or what, but I found myself backside down on the stairs (more like a slide/fell). All bruised up. Both elbows, big bruise on my back and my rear end. She got up and stood there looking at me like "Are you going to get up now Momma?" Funny, my mother did the same thing with me when I was Sydney's age. Except she slid/fell down the back cement stairs that were covered in ice and broke her tailbone.

Well, I must run for now dearies. Check in later
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #152  

Height: 5'1"

Frogger, sorry to hear you got hurt! Thank God your baby is ok!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #153  
Empress/Queen

Froggie, so glad you and the tadpole are unharmed!

I've broken a tailbone btw and believe me you are lucky ... hurts for months and months!

Stay safe.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #154  
Empress/Queen

Queen K!!! Sorry I didn't see thy plea for cooks, scribes, etc., earlier, but have asked Pirate Paula the Personal Trainer (she's hard to describe) ... I posted about her on the BFLFW thread ... to drop in on thee !!!!

Anagramatic, I do think you can reach Onderland by spring, depending on your definition of spring, as this differs from place to place, but do be gentle with yourself ... you are doing great ... maybe just a goal to maintain and feel good, take gentle walks for awhile ....?

Hi, cacsmc!

Huzzah to the good Wood Nymph and noble Ceara!

Hi to Wsw, hope thou be doin' ok!!!

Also a huzzah to all s, mentioned 'n unmentioned.

I need to get a little more sleep as I'm workin' tonight. Sort of have a sinus thing going, but enjoying my BFLFW daily exercise a lot.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #155  

Ooh, Frogger, glad you're ok. Did same carrying 2 week old (40 years ago) and still remember that awful feeling of "is he ok?". He was but I had elbow problems for a long time.

I did it - sort of. I've strung together TWO GOOD DAYS, ONE pretty good day and one okay day. I am being gentle with me - more just aiming to eat in a more healthy way than I had been, get a teeny bit of exercise, get some sleep, come out of the fog. High functioning but still grieving, of course. Terribly lazy this morning so far - good thing No Guilt Card covers that too

Braved lunch yesterday - ok. Will do more next week I think. Gradual. Small steps.

Have done 85 thank you notes to people who sent Mass cards, flowers, food, other kindnesses. Plus gobs of sympathy cards. Many people I need to call, etc. People came who worked with dh 45 and more years ago, many mentioned how he had helped them with their careers and many young ones said same.

I truly miss my Prince Charming and I know this could be a time when I could give in to eating everything in sight (and even things I've hidden). So that's really my first goal - to keep in mind that doing that is NOT in my best interest. No need to be a Drill sgt. right now - just head in better direction, make some better choices.

Right now I'm choosing to get ready to go to pool. Blah, rainy day here so I need that warm water.

HERE WE GO, QUEENIES, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #156  

Great job, Anagram!
How sweet to hear all these nice comments about your "Prince Charming"!
Hope you had a nice time at the pool!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #157  
deleted2

Frogger, glad you're okay? Are you sore today? Sometimes there's that delayed reaction....

Anagram, so happy to hear that you're coming thru this difficult period with grace. As usual, you're an inspiration!

I'm doing BFL For Women with Amarantha--still on week one and it's never too late to come check it out. It's really thrown me back on track!

K, I remember pet rocks but never owned one. Ah nostalgia!
Old 02-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #158  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Frogger glad your going to be okay. I feel like that when my baby was only 2 months old many years ago. I was doing laundry at moms the baby was upstairs napping. I caught myself with the railings and sprained both wrist. Lucky it wasn't worse oh not fun! Hope things are going better now.
Well I feel overall very motivated this weekend. I had pretty good intakes made some better choices with foods and portions. I walked around the lakes in the local state park. I did 8 miles total and it felt great! I am charting my intakes, exercise and wt. I need to do that in order to gain the control of what lifestyle changes are going on. So it will be good to reflect back to later on as well as keep me on track. It helps having a friend whom enjoys walking too. Good luck everyone, spring is on the way! Bathing suit time is next month for me with the vacation coming quickly. That sure helped motivate me.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #159  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! Just checkin' in to see how the palace is regroupin' after the server change. Everyone seems pretty motivated here ... Anagramatic, you are doing so well. Thinking of you ...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #160  
Momma Frog

Hello All!

Yes, still black and blue (and PURPLE!!!) I've got a huge bruise on my right elbow, a huge bruise on my back right by my shoulder blade and although no buise is present, I have a VERY tender large area on my rear.
I am now officially scared of stairs....

So I've given this job a good trial run I think, 2 full months. I don't know that it's for me. I am again finding myself with nothing to do. The lady I bunk with in my cube here is currently looking as well. She said that she didn't like the job from the start and has been here a year. I like the company though. I guess just not what we are doing here for the client. I'm dare I say it...BORED...
Been seriously thinking of going back to school, but I don't know when that will happen. I don't have the time/money to do that right now. DH still has all of this semester and he plans on taking summer courses and then all of next year to go. I'm thinking a radical and totally not typical career change. I must be mad!

And to top it all off, I'm attempting to do the taxes, and I must be doing something wrong, because it says we owe like $2000. I hate this online site I'm using. But I hate the paper version even more (and Turbo Tax even more than that!!!)

Ok, guess it's one of those days!
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #161  

Hmmm -- have I missed the bread crumbs? Or are we all just having a midwinter blah spell?

Visited with the princesses over the weekend - first time in almost nine months I've been there. Enjoyed it but since coming home I've been a bit off sorts. Also seem to be "enjoying" a cough, sore-ish throat thing that I hope just evaporates.

Wandered through Wally World a bit ago and couldn't find a thing in the grocery department that appealed to me. I know I'll eat anyway and would rather it be something that I'm really hungry for. Just couldn't figure out what that might be for today. (Fortunately that included all those candies packaged in red.)
Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 AM   #162  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Anagram hope your not getting that cold thing I had it wasn't friendly. It will be 3 weeks on thurs. and I am just getting over it. Good luck and drink a lot of water and have some chicken noodle soup. Hope you feel better soon.
I had an emotional brownie attack last night. A client I have been working for 5 years has made a choice that I feel is totally wrong and going to change his life something fierce. My heart felt like it was torn out of me at the end of the day we have worked so hard together and he's come so far. So some emotional baking and eatting came down. I just induldged by the fire with my book and brownies in hand. Sad as it was it is over and I am feeling better and more in control this morning. I have preplanned my foods for the day and a workout. That always helps me get back on track journaling for me is like quick fit to get back on track. Thank goodness. I just started to gain control I am not ready to stop having it now. So I am head strong today and motivated once again to get back on track! 28 DAYS TIL HAWAII! NO TIME TO MESS UP WITH BROWNIES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day everyone and less shake it up! Yes Anagram we were having a melt down! But lets pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:38 AM   #163  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Good morning, Queenlies!

Sorry to have been AWOL, but have been still busy. After my announcement last week that I felt reinvigorated, diet-wise, I had a stretch of crummy days. By Friday, I was so fed up and discouraged that I just snapped. I thought "Is there anything that's worked for me?" And I remembered that going low-GI worked like a charm -- less hunger, better energy, no cravings, etc. And I've been on that plan ever since.

Seem to have managed to catch a cold anyway -- seems to be almost inevitable after stress-filled meetings and too much work. Ah well. I don't feel totally wretched and maybe it won't last too long.

Firefly, Hawaii in 28 days sounds woooonderful! Let no brownie stand in your way!

Anagram, you're doing so wonderfully well. Having off-sorts periods is part of the deal, though, I know. And incipient colds don't help a bit. I really believe that colds and viruses often have an emotional component, too, that makes it that much harder to feel "ok." Glad you had some nice time with the princesses -- my princeling and his dad are spending the day today. Me too, not hungry or very interested in food -- boy, that doesn't happen too often, maybe something like appearances of Halley's comet.

Frogger, I'm so glad you and tadpole survived the fall intact (if a little on the technicolor side). My sister was the one to fall downstairs carrying my son. No injuries, except to the leather-soled slippers she was wearing, which she cursed and threw in the garbage! This seems like a very good time for you to start looking around and thinking about your career options. Good luck!

I must be off to accomplish a thing or two before the boys arrive. Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's take this day and do the best we can with it!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:04 AM   #164  

Hoboy! I think I'm in for it coldwise. Seems to be worsening. Yes, I have been going sort of full tilt and probably an enforced rest wouldn't hurt. To have lunch w/friend today though. But if i'm hacking and sniffing, I won't be any fun for sure.

And Hawaii - what a goal!!!

Enjoy your boys, W.N.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #165  

Lightbulb

Hello!
I hope everyone feels better!
It seems that so many people are falling down the stairs lately (not only on this site!)
Let's be careful, everyone!