Old 02-09-2006, 06:45 AM   #166  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Anagram becareful with that cold if it gets any worse you should visit the dr. I had to in order to get med's. They say if it gets worse antibotic is the only answer. Good luck and get some soup into yourself and some hot tea.
Arabella thanks for the support. I need all I can get somedays. I am trying my best to make some positive changes. Yesterday was a healthier day for sure. Still have those brownies in the house. They are going to the grandkids today! Those little ones can use a choc. boost mom will love it!
28days to Hawaii boy I gotta be good to make some great changes before I go. My son told me he has avocado trees, tangerines, mangoes and those little bitty oranges? Can't remember the name. So lots of fruit at his house. I will love it and plan to make some mango salsa hot of course. I have had a crazy busy work week. I plan on working reg. hrs. today if its not snowing hard I will go to the gym before coming home. If it snows video workout. I gotta keep it going here!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day everyone eat healthy and move alot!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #167  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Just checkin' in. Having the February meltdown...but am fighting it. Got in a walk yesterday, and am on Day 4 in a mini healthy streak.

Frogger, hope your rainbow is fading...tough on the boring job front.

Arabella, take time for you....you are more important than the job.

Anagram...a cold! Yuck. Pamper yourself. I'm using a lot of hand sanitizer at work...nothing worse than a contaminated book!

Aria...is your ticker moving down? Good work!

Hawaii?!? I am jealous. Motor on Cacmsc.

Where's K these days? I guess we are all busy, busy, busy.

to all Queens!

Gotta (run...hit the roads)

Ceara
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #168  
Momma Frog

I too have had a few crummy days lately. I weighed last night and I'm now up to 238. I'm not sure what's going on. I think I'm just eating too much again. Will try to control

Other than than that...Sydney fell in the tub night before last. So now we are both black and blue. She stood up after Mommy told her not to and slipped and busted her noggin (actually her left brow bone). Big swollen shiner! She's alright though. Cried for 5 minutes and then was playing with her toys like nothing happend!
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #169  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Hallooooo, Royals!

Wasn't the greatest visit with the guys yesterday -- DS was not in his usual easy-going, open mood; I was tired and beleauguered. DGS was absolutely his own charming self, though, so the day had some highlights. And we can't expect every day to be perfect. I think I need some "me" time... I WILL meditate today and I WILL get out for a walk in the sunshine.

I have to get back to work -- 2nd "emergency" assignment in as many days. Love to all!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #170  

Hello all!~

Sorry for the long absence ....

I finally was offered the position w/in the other division of the same company.
AND I ACCEPTED...
I begin my new position 02/27....

Interesting how that interview was what I had thought so awful......
At one point, I laughlingly said to someone that perhaps the long time to make a decision was what finally did it .....that perhaps all the other candidates dropped out .... found something else after such a long time....

Either way, I will prove that they wound up with the best anyway.
As I might have mentioned, this is a field that I have nearly 8 yrs experience, much less I really do enjoy this facet of the insurance world.

so YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be right back... need to move laundry ...
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #171  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

Anagram ~ Hope you feel better!
ceara ~ Thanks for the encouragement!
frogger ~ Hope your luck gets better this week! Thank God Sydney was not hurt!
Kaylets ~ Congratulations on your new job!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #172  

Finally hie-ing off to the doctor this afternoon. I've been hearing so much about this crud - I'd have been satisfied with second hand information. Keeping me from pool too after I'd just paid for the month.

Congrats, K - yes, they will be getting the best candidate, for sure. Wood Nymph - here's to your "ME" time. It's funny - even now when I have only ME - it seems like I'm not taking 'ME' time but always thinking of what I "must" do. Must be something built-in.

All that fruit sounds like a real treat, Firefly. And congrats on 4 day ministreak, ceara. I had one going last week. Alas not this week.

Expecting to be snowed in tomorrow - looking forward to it in a way. A strange bird, I am.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #173  

Smile Happy Saturday, Queenlies!

I haven't gotten terribly sick with the cold and today even feel some energy returning. I did shopping and vacuuming yesterday, to keep chores from eating up my whole Saturday, DH has signed up for dinner duty, I have sworn not to work this weekend. All this makes me pretty happy -- I knew yesterday that life would seem much sweeter this morning if the house was relatively clean and tidy. 'Tis so!

Have done yoga (after lounging in bed with newspapers and coffee for hours!), now will meditate and take a walk in and around town. Trying to track down my sister to have lunch.

Surprisingly difficult to keep myself from working but I absolutely won't allow it. If I get any big ideas about new projects, I'll just make a note and then go back to not working.

I'm very happy to report that the cold didn't manage to knock diet off-kilter, although scales show a couple pounds up (does that happen to anyone else when they get a cold? Seems to always happen to me. And face looks puffy -- must be puffed up with something, right?).

Anagram, there's something so cozy about a good storm, isn't there? As long as I've got books and etc. I love being housebound while nature does its wild thing outside. Re: me time -- I've always got to be in the right frame of mind for it to be good. I know often I've looked forward to DH going on a trip and then just wasn't able to enjoy the time at all. Ah, we're complex beings, are we not. It's supposed to storm here Sunday night into Monday and I'm looking forward to it.

Kaylets -- congrats on the new job!!! I hope it turns out to be even better than you anticipate.

Frogger, hope the technicolor fades soon!

Amarantha, how beith thee? I saw somewhere that you were still not feeling up to par. Don't you hate the way these things drag on? Makes life so much harder!

Ceara, how are the hounds? Congrats on the mini-streak!

Eydie, how's winter going for you? I'm ultra-impressed by your workouts, I must say! Gonna emulate, I am.

Firefly, hot mango salsa sounds fantastic -- got a recipe?

WSW, how goes it? Still managing meditations & tai chi? I've been pretty regular with yoga, walks, and gym but haven't managed tai chi and have been slacking on the meditations. Think I'm going to do a brief meditation to start days from now on. So that will give me at least a little and might get me in right frame of mind to do more after.

Aria, isn't that bizarre the way the same thing happens to people at the same time, like falling downstairs. Almost like it's the alignment of the planets, or something in the air.

Love to all Queenlies mentioned or un-, within palace or AWOL (missing Punkin & Cerise ) Onward!

Old 02-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #174  

Looks like we're not going to get as much of the storm as predicted earlier. But still some. And I'll enjoy it anyway. On antibiotics, stronger cough syrup, etc. Feeling slightly better. And happy though I sometimes feel a little guilty about feeling too happy. DH would not want me to be down though. I find my thoughts re him always bittersweet because even though I miss him sorely I always smile when I think of him. 'Twas a month yesterday.

Having a leisurely day for sure. Doing a little this, a little that, as mood strikes - a little tea, a little time on the sofa under a throw - a little read - maybe a little music - my idea of an almost perfect day.

Yours sounds great so far, Wood Nymph. May it continue.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #175  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Yes Anagram...drugs are always good in this case! There are some virulent viruses out there!

Nice sunny day in the neighbourhood...snowed at the north end of the county but not too much here. Had a nice walk...a little nippy on the cheeks...face. Am off to church (annual meeting ) and then have a meeting here...then..work work (only a little bit) and then I am going to reaquaint myself with free weights. Slowly.

Have a great day and get movin'!

to all S
Ceara
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #176  

Smile Sunday, Sunday

Lovelies,

Here we are, mid-Sunday afternoon and all is relatively well. I'm reminded of how effortless the whole food thing is when I keep wheat and sugar out of my diet. I remember coming to this point before and thinking how I'd always assumed that it was deep psychological issues that kept me overeating and how, to my shock and amazement, it seemed to actually be completely controllable with just a shif t in foods. Must always remember this

My SIL has been sick since the fall and went to a naturopath who put her on a wheat, sugar, and dairy-free diet. A friend was planning a birthday party for her and asked me whether I'd rather do apps or attempt a cake. I opted for the cake, because my mom makes THE best cake -- chocolate/raspberry with a sublime texture and taste. Anyway, I'd been thinking that it might be adaptable to a no-sugar no-wheat recipe. Soooo I made it, substituting honey and fruit concentrate jam (I did strawberry because I couldn't find raspberry) for the sugar, soy-based sour cream substitute (I was amazed by how good that was -- will definitely buy again -- and using spelt flour and ground almonds. I used a little stevia to boost the sweetness without using more honey. The icing was unsweetened chocolate melted and mixed with the "sour cream" and fruit concentrate -- it set up to the perfect texture. The texture was lighter than the original recipe, but then I realized that I'd halved the original but forgotten to halve the baking powder and soda. Nevertheless, it was a fabulous success and got rave reviews. I'm thinking (not really seriously, I guess, but thinking a little) about starting a sideline of wheat and sugar-free goodies. I wonder if I could test at the local farmers' market....

Cold here yesterday, but beautiful. I didn't manage lunch with my sister but did catch her for coffee later. And such a lovely walk home! Just getting on for sunset, and I saw the reverse of my moon setting/sun rising scene. The moon was risen, but not too high, a huge pale disc in the sky and the sun setting in on the other side of the sky. I was walking through the old part of my town, the harbour visible at the ends of streets both to the south and west. As I neared the park, heading home, the sun was a huge fireball on the horizon and the crows were gathering in the trees. So much beauty out there! I resolve to be outside more.

Anagram, I was thinking that, in some ways, happiness must be easier now that the crisis is past. You were so worried about your darling and knew he was suffering. Now, although you miss him terribly, you know that he's safe and free of pain, with nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. And I can tell that you're still buoyed by the love and life you shared with him -- what a wonderful gift!

Ceara, hope the meetings aren't too onerous or ornery! Free weights are good -- I'd like to get some, for those days that I really don't feel like going to the gym. 6:30 a.m. is not my best time, as far as getting out of the house goes, but it works with DH's schedule. And it's always nice to feel like I've got it done early, too, I guess.

I did a neutral henna treatment -- supposedly fantastic for giving body and shine. Now I'm off to the jacuzzi to soak and give self enough of a pedicure so I can go get a professional one later this week without TOO much embarrassment.

Love!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 AM   #177  
fIREFLY

Arabella I will ck out my recipe for the mango salsa and share it with yah. I am getting so excited 25 more days to go. I haven't seen my son and his wife for a little over a year. We wil have a great time. Lots to do, see and catch up on stuff.
Kaylet congrats to you on that job. Good luck!
Frogger you two better becareful yah sure are showing colors. Stay safe! Sometimes the scale isn't so friendly but measuring or seeing with your own eyes how things fit helps more. Ck it out and it might get you more of a jump start than the scale. So folks on the scale get discouraged I have been there before. I will do the scale later on this week.
Yesterday my walking buddies and I did a 4 mile walk around the lakes in the state park. It was tough not as easy as regular walking when there is snow and inclines etc. But a great workout and I feel it today. I am feeling better finally that virus with the cold stuff is awful. Started to feel better after a week or so then back down again. What the heck who has time for not feeling well. So I am feeling good again and ready to challenge myself to healthy eating and some exercise. I am going bathing suit shopping on the 25th. I set a date so I could get a grip on things before hand. I think it has helped. Well eat health and stay motivated we can do this.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #178  
deleted2

Arabella, the cake sounds fabulous! I have a list of sugar-free cook books if you're interested.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:24 AM   #179  

Cake does sound scrumptious. But it's Monday - no guilt/fresh start day - so I guess I'd best not be thinking of scrumptious (yum, yum).

Two days of being "snowed in" are enough. Ready to move on. Actually we only got about five inches, could have gone out all day Saturday and driveway/roads were cleared by mid morning Sunday. But decided best course with cough, sore throat, etc. was to veg. Got lots of stuff done despite myself - stuff you'd only do on that kind of day. Feel better rested. Feeling slightly better finally but note that Firefly did too (I'm on day ten) so won't go crazy until I feel LOTS better. As she says too much to do to feel sick. Was going to go down with princesses for a day or two but definitely not up to that yet. Feeling too good to huddle on sofa another day - middle road, middle road. No pool again though - have mostly been doing stretches.

Hawaii, bathing suits - aah!!! And was listening to birds sing this a.m. I'm sure we're all looking forward to spring! But what else? Firefly - Hawaii, Kaylets - new job. What's getting the old motivation into gear and moving us onward? I've scheduled a (reward)massage for each of the next three months but that's not enough. Ceara, any good shows coming up for you? wsw, when do you expect your earlier-than-mine spring? Other vacations being planned?

Sky's so blue today, snow outside the window to my right is still so pretty, it's Monday. A perfect day for the next day of self improvement......here we go, Monday, here we go (missing you, Kaylets).
Old 02-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #180  
fIREFLY

I am up and movtivated this a.m. and off to the gym in 20 min. before work. I have made every excuse possible lately even though I was sick for not getting to the gym. So today is it. I am up early of course went to bed at 8:30. I got 4 miles in around the lakes sunday, plan on going on thurs again. Then today and friday workout in the a.m. maybe I can reach my goal by 3/9 if I keep it up. I am journal writing my intakes and exercise, wt. That helps me to keep and get some control. That cake sounds wonderful. You might surely be a hit at the market. Sounds like we are all venturing out there to look forward to some positive changes in our lifes. Lets go Girls!