Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Kaylets ~ I relate to your "washing the floor" thingie! So simple and yet so tiring and complicated. Believe me, it has nothing to do with the floor, it is all in my head, hahaha! But, sooo worth it!
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #32  
Empress/Queen

Well, I deleted a previous post 'cause I am feelin' somewhat better, thanks in part to noble K ... thanks for the conversation today, K!

Did well in the workout and food division today ... half an hour of circuit training, no sugar, also cut back on milk today for cal purposes but never regret the amount of milk I drink as at risk for osteo ... cals good so far ... am cooking a steak ... bye, Queens!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #33  
Hot Stuff

Day 1 done, and feeling more in control! Made DH take all the random chocolate that was hanging around from stocking stuffers, gifts, etc., and put it downstairs in his desk. That eliminates mindless munching on the worst of my diet demons (that being chocolate) because I have to get past DH to get it! (He has been instructed to fight to the death.)

Scale was most unkind this morning, showing 2lbs up from the holidays. Don't plan on it sticking around, though, so not changing the ticker! Thinking positive!

Ain't no stopping us now...We're on the move!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Be careful, Wildfire, those random chocolate demons have been known to escape faster than Houdini from INSIDE locked drawers, even when the desks were wrapped in chains and dropped in Lake Michigan during the winter freeze.

Yep, we're on the march now! Let's get 'em! Not the chocolate ...
Old 01-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #35  

Hello all!

Well, I did it. Got back on the scale. First time in about 2 weeks..... and was grateful that at least this morning it was lower than the last time.... Less clothing probably but no matter, I am taking all the positive I can from that one.....

As you know, I am doing a major sort at my house. Found a bottle of unopend B12 vitamins. And decided to start taking them. Just a few days now.
Is it me or do I feel a real boost of mood and energy??? Is there really something to B12 making you feel zippier? This whole time I thought not......

hmmmmmmmmm

Wildfire....If it were me, I'd have broken into DH's desk in the middle of the night.....

This past holiday sugar freeforall, eating like I was eating for 6, and still wanting MORE< MORE<MORE!!! only served to reinforce that
I CANNOT CONTROL SUGAR< WHITE FLOURS< and all that....

Much less, it also makes me feel bad.... not just physically but mentally.
Miserable the days after I have it and then fighting the physical cravings later too....

so....

common sense says.....

HERE WE GO TUESDAY, HERE WE GO!!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #36  
Momma Frog

Hola Chicas!!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, long time no log in....
I'm SO busy (and love it )

Still holding strong at 8lbs loss total. Getting back into wanting to get into shape. (But isn't wanting and doing 2 different things? Yes, but I haven't really WANTED to for so long, it's a step in the right direction for me.)

Hope everyone's Holidays were fantastic. Mine were so so. DH and I had a near knock down drag out on New Years Day night. I don't know what got into us!!! (Ok I do, I've been feeling like the chamber maid in my own house for far too long). Nothing like starting the New Year with a fight!!! We both said some very hurtful things and I think I may have stepped over the line (I've got a hurtful tongue when provoked.) I made him cry. I actually made the one man I love in the world and cannot possibly live without, cry and for that I am truely ashamed. We're working what my problems (sheer lazyness of the men in the house.

Let me be right back....

OK...

Anyway, lazy men (I mean, they hardly get up to go to the bathroom on their own now a days). I just had enough is all. Things better change around here!!!

Have a productive day everyone.

Last edited by frogger; 01-03-2006 at 08:47 AM.
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Yo, s, here we go 'n so happy to see thee Froglady!!! Sorry thou hast had a spat with thy spousie but t'will likely be a good thing in the end ... these things are good for marriages, I hear tell (I'm not married, so t'is only rumor I have to go on)! Congrats on holdin' the line at thy great 8 pound loss!

Nay, K, it is NOT your imagination ... in my not humble O ... B12 especially, but really all the Bs are a great help in energy production and they also don't really have (in my limited scientific opinion) side effects or toxic dosages as some vitamins do ... as we age (not you, speakin' generally), the Bs tend to be less and less apparent in the bod (apparently, or so I've read, again, not an expert) and so it's not a bad idea to supplement (IMO). I oft resort to a bottle o' sublinquil (sp?) B12 tabs and they act very quickly to help me keep going and feel better, although, again, there's always the possibility of the placebo effect, but anyway ...

World, I feel much better today than I have for awhile and lo it is DAY 3 o' the 365 days o' no refined sugar I intend to live ... maybe I should count that backwards ... 362 days to go ... or would that be 363 days, since I'm only 2/3s through this one? MATH MAJORS, HELP! I'm not graspin' the concept ...

Gotta go to mountains to work but at least don't have to work tonight!

Instructor not at exercise class so there wasn't one, so went upstairs to fitness area and did 15 minutes cardio, 10 minutes ab/core work, 10 minutes stretch and 20 minutes jog/walk on treadmill.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #38  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

OK. am marching. Glad the holidays are over, although they were fine. I just dislike the lack of routine.

Have lurked a couple of times but no time to post. Am taking a minute amount of time now.

Will check in again...

Ceara
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #39  
Momma Frog

Morning all!!!

I'm tired today for some reason. I just want to crawl under my desk and nap....

Not much going on here yet, everyone I work with is just starting to stragle in. (They get in between 9 and 11am everyday. I'm here at 7am).

I'll check back later.
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #40  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

One normal routine day!

Goals for this day...no sugar and lots of water.

Saw part of an interview on Oprah the other day with Jonathan Frey. I know he is addicted to drugs but I am addicted to food. He emailed a woman who'd contacted him for help and told her just to hold on, hold on, hold on. This worked all day for me yesterday...a mantra against the cookies.

Also, a long term goal...to take my ruddy vitamins!

Ceara
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #41  
deleted2

I'm still here. Off to a rocky start. Over the holidays I got into the habit of nibbling here and there and now it's hard to break that habit, particularly at night. I did okay over the holidays on my own, then the socializing and eating!
My weight's up by about 8 pounds according to my new oh-so-accurate scale. Trying not to panic........... but am feeling more distressed about it then I'm willing to admit. One step at a time......

FINALLY saw my doctor about my broken toe, only 3 weeks after the break. I feel reassured. She told me that it was normal for it to be tender for a few weeks and she even gave me the go-ahead to start working out again, [as long as it doesn't cause excessive pain] so that's good. Maybe that'll speed up my weight loss!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #42  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello girls glad to see your still around! Well I'd like to join in with the challenge. I am off to see my son and his wife in Hawaii in March. So thats reason enough for me to get serious and take off 10lbs. I started this week to get back into the swing of eating better not so much junk stuff and really think before eating. It is going okay could aways be a bit better yah know how it is. But all in all not so bad of a start after all that holiday goodie stuff. The ref. is got good choices in it and I have been packing healthy lunches. I have managed to get a few goodies into my diet but not many. Big changes from christmas. I figure this week tackle the food choices and increase the water next week the exercise. If I did it all at once it might of sent me in a whril wind. I am going to clean the ref. and freezer out this weekend that will be my spring cleaning start. Hope your all ready to make some changes with me! Lets go girls! March is coming quickly and this is a new year!!!!!!!!!!! Lets make things happen for ourselves.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #43  

Hello all,

Short work weeks wind up being the same 5 days amount of work crushed into 4 days....
So...

As for no sugar at all, I literally walked the edge of the cliff but got lucky... the m & m cookies ( luckily only 3 were there) were made of peanutbutter so I am sure that's why I didnt go right off the deep end.....

But the key is really as Ceara says..... Hold on ...Hold on...Hold on..
In my opinion, that was the absolute best part of the entire experience of his book...

So.... the first 3pt sweet potato tasted so good I decided to make it the better part of my meal and am now cooking the remainder...

DH is at a meeting tonight and so far has called me aprx 6x.... the first 4, I had the phone on vibrate in my handbag so I didnt realize he was trying to "make sure nothing had happened going home".... then, he called back moments after we did connect to have me get something online so he could speak about it at the meeting...
Last minute assignment...
Luckily, just research about the spring show at the local dinner theatre....
Funny how you can get no calls for days and then 7 in less than an hour. All from DH...

anyway...time to get some things done....

Anyone see any of the New Biggest Loser?
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #44  
Hot Stuff

Hola chicas! Struggling to stay on the straight and narrow, but today was a decent day.

Destiny, thanks for popping in! Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I am enjoying my new stove. It has the option of cooking regular or with convection, so I am experimenting to see which is better and when. Roasted chicken is great with convection...cookies, not so much. I've gotten over my fear of damaging the cooktop, although still being careful to lift, not drag things across it.

Had a yummy salad for dinner tonight...baby spinach, chopped pear, walnuts, and goat feta in balsamic vinaigrette. Copied it from one I had in a restaurant, except theirs had caramelized walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. The gorgonzola was too strong for my liking. I have discovered I really like spinach! Nice change from the various lettuces.

Welcome back, cacmsc! Oooh...Hawaii...you lucky gal!

Greetings to all!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #45  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Wildfire I love to cook and a new stove sounds like fun! Enjoy and make something healthy!
I agree Kaylet shorter weeks are packed for sure. I have to be real organized when I plan my 2 weeks off in March. I have to see 25 clients in the month and write reports etc. and hope there aren't any huge problems. Oh I know it will all work out I have done it before. It surely takes planning.
Well I got out my white square today and I was up 4lbs. from the holidays so don't feel alone Edyie. I am right there with yah. But we are going to lose it for sure. The scale I haven't decided if its a friend or not? It does help us from getting off course too far. What do you all think? I am going to do it again on Monday I think and then friday. 2 TIMES A WK?
I am trying to make my changes with foods this week and increase the water next week I will tackle the exercise. One step at a time works better for me. I have to get myself motivated. Well good luck everyone. I am off calorie counting and trying to make healthy choices. I like that note on hanging on! It might just help I am willing to try anything almost!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote