3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65500-sheep-puppy-mixes-up-cow-herd.html)

Kiwonk 10-06-2005 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagzz
---in fact,our SUNLIGHT hours are the greatest in winter----------there is always sunshine and blueskies and forty below zero weather!!!

Ain't that the truth? How great that you'll see DD19! Kind of mind boggling that it's been so long, isn't it?

Peachie, don't be so hard on those church folks. They did make an effort, after all. It's not like they're in the employment business. You could just thank them for asking around and tell them you can't afford to work part-time because you'd lose your unemployment and still not be able to make ends meet, or something like that. Ignore the fact that some of them were full time slave wages :rolleyes: . Or you could just say you appreciate those leads but they didn't work out. I know how you feel about those jobs where they test you. I've been through that, where they tell you you got the highest score they ever saw and then don't hire you. I have also had the experience of hearing that and being hired on the strength of it. Frankly I think they made a mistake -- I was totally unsuited to supervise other people and I sucked at it (also hated it). So you never know.

DD and The Guy did a wonderful job last night at the coffeehouse. They did "Piano Man", "My Immortal" (they performed that for the highschool variety show 2 years ago -- that was their first collaboration, isn't that sweet?), 2 songs from "Phantom", and an Alicia Keys song. Then DD soloed with her guitar on some of her favorites. She debuted a new song she wrote which was very cool. And she finished up with (Lush would be so jealous) Etta James' "At Last" -- which I have to say was lovely, but so out of character for DD that it was quite striking.

Also Jet was an absolute angel, sleeping in the car and meeting people all over the place.

Oh yeah, and the bf had the highest score for their school at the math competition. DD had the next highest. How cute is that?

Wab, your headache gone yet?

I think there's something dead in this house. I've been smelling something foul all day. I thought it must be a puppy accident that didn't get completely cleaned up, so I got down on the floor and sniffed the carpet all over the living room. Nothing (incredibly). Then I realized that it was more of a dead mouse smell. And I can't find it. Gross, huh?

Look what I did to my arm. I was trying to get the puppy inside, while balancing a big flashlight and the storm door bounced back on me and creamed my arm. Ouch. :stars:

Kiwi

Kiwonk 10-07-2005 12:40 AM

http://www.isengardbelgians.com/Cory_Kozy.htm

Cowpernia 10-07-2005 07:32 AM

That's a great picture of Jet but Diva looks so sad and lonely. I think you need to get her, too. Why do some ears stand up and others flop?

Cowpernia 10-07-2005 08:14 AM

what do Yankee/Canadian people do about frost being on their windshields in the morning? You cover them with something? With what?

Schatzi 10-07-2005 09:48 AM

Peachie: I totally agree with Kiwi... and have you posted your resume out on Monster and Careerbuilder?

Kiwi: The puppies are adorable! And you are so blessed to have such a talented DD who is using her talents and not hanging out at the Mall...or wherever you woodsy folks hang...and that's some bruise ya got there..what the heck is that door a steel one! Permission to do nothing but heal today and take care of Jettttt.

Painty: Was it your birthday this week??? Happeee Birthday! Knit yerself something nice! :D

Wabby--U feeling better? Did you have a nice visit?

Me: A steady rain here in Nerth Caroliner but we do need it.. so, I will do more crafty things today. I was laughing hysterically at how my first carved pumpkin came out.It's suppose to be 3 ghosts, a haunted mansion with a bat in the air.. It looks like 3 Ameobas, a shed and chicken in flight... .. Obviously this pumpkin will sit wayyyy in the back of my holiday display! Ah what the heck, I'm having fun with it!
Will Check back Mooo-Cha-chas

Wabby 10-07-2005 12:27 PM

Yes, my head is finally well. Anyway, it doesn't hurt. Thanks for asking. :)

Kiwi, I so wish I could come listen to DD & bf at a cozy coffeehouse. I love those songs! (anyway the ones I know). At Last is going to be rattling around in my brain today. Jet looks lovely in her publicity shot. We've lived thru the nasty-smell-somethingmustadied experience. I think it's one of the pleasures of living in the country. We found a squirrel in the basement who decided to move in for his final days. Can't figure out how he got in.

Schatzi, girlfriend, you'd better hold off on carving those punkins. Won't they be all oldy moldy by Halloween? and yes, I had a nice visit w/ my mommy. She's moved out of her big house on the hill and she & my dad are living in their motorhome at an rv park until the 16th, when they're leaving to go back to Arizona for the winter. They're having a smaller, one level house built here in Oregon for the summertime. Makes more sense than having a McMansion up here that they only use for 3 months of the year.

Big news --- my mixer was sitting on my front porch this morning! I don't know how many days it had been there - we never go in the house by the front door, but I guess the UPS guy didn't know that. Anyway, I wanted to stay home and play with it, but I had to go to work. Dang.

Peachy, we either park in the garage, or run out and start our cars early and turn on the defrost, or use the dreaded ice scraper and freeze our fingers off. 'course the weather is mild here compared to Bagzie and Kiwi's northern exposureland.

Guess I'd better do some work. Payday. Ppl expect checks.

Schatzi 10-07-2005 12:47 PM

Wabby U scwewy wabbit..I'm carving plastic pumpkins right now.. will wait till hmmm 2 days before halloween to carve some real ones..cuz they do go moldy and shriverly with a few days... Glad you had a nice visit with Mum.. now that's livin! I keep telling my DH that when we get older I want an RV to travel about and just have a house to pitstop into..
Well I stopped in to see Mr Lyn about the stinko hair .. he was mortified to say the least.. He tried some Stink away shampoo and a 15 deep moisturizer..may have to follow up with a tomato juice rinsing.. GOD I HAVE NEVER smelled a perm so bad for soooo long.. especially when wet. Anyhoo, we may try a redo next wednesday..sigh, perhaps I should just get a sea anemone bathing cap like painty.

Schatzi 10-07-2005 01:22 PM

PS Wabby: My mixer order still stands... please send the banana walnut bread asap! :D

Schatzi 10-07-2005 04:04 PM

my leetle Mooo-Cha-Chas still readin banned books...sigh no one to play with
If I had chicken bones I would eat them all..sigh

SugP 10-07-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
what do Yankee/Canadian people do about frost being on their windshields in the morning? You cover them with something? With what?

1) ice scraper. platinum american express card will do in a pinch.

2) big ol' piece of cardboard

3) a large garbage bag cut open and held over the windshield by the doors. please watch fingers on this one.

4) giant plastic elasticy fitted sheet type thingies that cover entire car aka "garage in your pocket"

5) remote controlled block heater

6) (my personal favourite) spacious two-car garage, preferably attached to 10 bedroom, 4 bath house with pool and tennis courts.

Kiwonk 10-07-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

That's a great picture of Jet but Diva looks so sad and lonely. I think you need to get her, too. Why do some ears stand up and others flop?

I wish I could get Diva too. But I could never handle two of these wild beasts! Their ears begin to stand up around 8-10 weeks; I'm sure Diva's are up by now. Some of those pictures were taken around 7 weeks and some are more current. The one at the top left lying in the grass is Yellow.
Quote:

Aww, how cute, they're going to have frost in Flawridder? We scrape it off with ice scrapers (not the useless kind on the other end of snow brushes). Some people use credit cards. It's a good way to stop all that pesky shopping.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
We found a squirrel in the basement who decided to move in for his final days. Can't figure out how he got in.

We had a squirrel in our walls one time. I was really afraid it was going to die there, but we got a humane trap and set it up in the garage, and believe it or not caught it in just a day or so. So now we know how it got in, at least theoretically.

Yay on the mixer!! Don't worry, it couldn't have been there long, it would have started calling to you. How about I come make cookies with you after you hang out at the coffeehouse with me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
.I'm carving plastic pumpkins right now..

Well, I saw that you wrote that and I still thought you were carving the real ones. How the heck do you carve plastic pumpkins? Don't they splinter really badly? I want to see.

By the way I'm available this evening for photo resizing advice.

Kiwi

Schatzi 10-07-2005 07:01 PM

Can a new cow start a thread?

Bagzz 10-07-2005 07:24 PM

of coures shotz-cow----just make sure it has something cow related---i am tired of this longgggggggggggggg thread too.gotta go party--it's margie night

DixieAmazon 10-07-2005 09:43 PM

Hi Cows! I'm back (again). :o I am still fat and my house is a wreck. Glad y'all are still here.

Cowpernia 10-07-2005 09:52 PM

Hi Cookie. Tell us about Katrina. You do ok through it all???? Seem unlikely considering what we hear in the news.

Shots, as soon as it reaches seven pages, you can start a new thread. My personal request is that you end the current thread by saying there's a new thread because I've gone years looking for posting on the old thread and no one telling me.

I just had chicken piccata at a decent restaurant. Was invited, of course. Was nice. My new philosophy: when anything good show up, take it.