3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65500-sheep-puppy-mixes-up-cow-herd.html)

Cowpernia 09-24-2005 09:42 AM

Wabbo ... I don't know how I found them. That was yesterday. Too long ago. Now, I know you don't post on weekends; I know you stay home and make muffins and barbecue shiskabobs and such; but I'll pretend you're here and say that for many many years of my life, I had headaches more than I didn't have headaches. I went to sleep with them and woke up with them. I had migraines that lasted for days. I remember one I had when DS was a toddler. I fell asleep with him sitting on the bed with me and woke with the entire bed covered with his books. I have used every migraine medicine that was available up to imitrex in its many forms. I have been to the ER and been knocked out several times because of the pain. For all that, the best thing that works for me, the only thing that works and it ALWAYS works for me, is Excedrin Migraine. Somebody in the drugstore said the ingredients were no different from regular Excedrin but if she's right, I sure don't care. Before Excedrin Migraine, I took bottles of pain killer with me everywhere and left them in my friends' houses if they didn't regularly stock that kind of thing. I couldn't be without it. Was always in pain. Regulary ... I mean way way regularly .. I would throw up in the car because of the migraine. I used to drive DS to school with a bowl in my lap. I didn't get more headaches during menopause but more of them were migraines. Bottles of Excedrin Migraine are in my purse and on several surfaces in my house. (I must address that with Flylady.) I love this product more than chocolate. Also, one thing I learned accidetnally was that citric acid gave me migraines. I once drove to Atlanta and back in a day and, on the way, heard an add for Citrical on the radio. I bought some on the trip and was sick for weeks and weeks. I thought it was the trip. My joints hurt and I thought it was the sitting. Then I quit the Citrical and felt fine. Since then, I notice that if I have a drink with citrus acid in it, I get a headache.

There is this PERFECT JOB open that I am so qualified for and would love. The problem: it's with the agency that's overseen by the woman I previously worked for. It's a separate agency but she can .. and probably will sometime in the future .. put them out of business. That is, unless the state sees that she and her counterparts are superfluous and a waste of money and get rid of her. Anyhow, I guess I'll apply for the job but she so intimidates everyone that it would be a miracle for me to be hired.

Kiwonk 09-24-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
"SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. "GAWD that sounds Gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) But it sounds not only whiney but like WHO IS THAT LOONEY WOMAN CALLING OUT TO NOW!

Okay, you've got a point there...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
and why did you move from the humid sweaty south to the fridgidness of the north.. ?

Done found me a lumberjack to get hitched to. Well, not exactly a lumberjack, but he did live on an idyllic pond in a cabin. So I escaped the overheated overcrowded Charlotte milieu and never looked back.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
Kiwi, now you're confusing me, and you know how easily confused I am. I have the blonde highlights, Grandpa doesn't.

HeeHee Just kidding, m'dear. I knew it was you. I was enjoying the image of Grandpa with blond highlights, though...

We do have blackflies here (oh boy do we have blackflies), but no poisonous snakes, supposedly, in the state of Maine. Not much in the way of roaches either.

Painty, it just doesn't seem fair that you gained weight with the chemo. A little gauntness ought to be one of the side effects. Not fair. Hope you haven't gotten anything much from Lovely Rita.

This is as far as I've gotten reading posts. You'd think I'd been out of town or something. Will read more later. Must go now and clean out the dog crate. We had a visit with the vet yesterday (he claimed that Jet is the "nicest puppy he's seen in a long time"--but you knew that), and I asked his advice about the whining etc. He said she should be able to last for 4 hours in the crate at night and to put it in another room so you can stand to ignore the whining until she settles down. So we put her in the kitchen, she calmed down after a while (or I fell asleep) and I set the alarm for 3+ hours later. When I got up to take her out, it was like **** on a stick. She had pooped in the crate and apparently thrashed all around and the entire crate was covered with poop, and she had it all over her paws and belly. I took the crate out into the mudroom and left it there, and gave her a bath (at least the best I could in the middle of the night). Not good. We're going back to my method tonight. Anyway I have to go hose out the crate. CU

Kiwi

Bagzz 09-24-2005 04:53 PM

I Forget What Your Method Is???? Tell Us!!!---i Tripped On The Stairs Going Into My House And Smashed My Knee Into The Cement---it Hurts Like **** And I Am Limping ------------what An ***.

Bagzz 09-26-2005 11:10 AM

i have it on good authority that Kiwonk is exhausted -----Jette has totally worn her out----she will need two carafes of coffee before she is able to report in-----WHERE THE **** WAS EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND------I BOUGHT CHOCOLATE COVERED CHICKEN BONES AT THE GANONG FLAGSHIP STORE ON FRIDAY-------------DIVINE.

Wabby 09-26-2005 12:21 PM

Poor Kiwi reminds me of newborn baby days. Why don't you try setting your alarm for only 2+ hours. At least you'd get a couple hours rest inbetween potty breaks. Thank goodness you really wanted this puppy, huh? The last puppy I got was brought home by DH and DS and left to me to housetrain and take care of. I still don't think I'm over it. :mad:

I bought 2 pair of pants in my new size yesterday. Guess what? Even tho my pants are bigger, I look thinner because they're not stretched tight across my fat arse. I also bought DD a new warm up suit, & sweater, and the future DIL 2 maternity tops. I like buying other ppl clothes more than me. They're all young and cute.

Peachez, I used to have those horrible sick, sick, I feel like dying migraines. Now I just have low grade not quite bad enough to stay home from work but still nauseas migraines. I've tried Excedrin migraine before, but I might try it again since my latest prescription ones are so darn expensive. 8 bucks a pill, even with insurance. It's called Zomig. It did work, but made me feel kind of funny. And not funny ha-ha.

Remember the intersection that I almost ran into the person at on my way to work? Well today I almost turned left in front of a huge SUV that would have flattened me at the same intersection. Screeching of brakes and honking of horns. Eeeek. You'd think that on the 5 minute drive to work that I have that I could stay awake and pay attention.

Schatzi, I have never heard of poisonous toads. How strange. I suppose your doggies think they're fun to chase.
Quote:

SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:..
That is exactly the way the neighbor calls his dog. Heebeejeeebees.

Has anyone seen the movie Crash? It's out on DVD. It is sooooo good. Not a happy feel good movie, but it really, really makes you think. Watch it.

Owie, Bagzie, you talk mean to yourself when you should be talking nice and buying yourself extra chocolate to make yourself feel better. Oh yeah, you did that. ;)

We bought Grandpa a lift chair off of Craig's list. It's like new. He insists that he has no problem getting in and out of a chair (yeah, right, that's why he won't sit in anything but a hard, upright chair). Anyway, he's a happy camper.

Sugar, I second RED haircolor. Maybe a dark auburn color. So stylish. So sexy. Like that skinny Bree character on Desperate Housewives. Vaaa-vaa-voom. It sure seems to be working for Painty :s: :devil:

Kiwonk 09-26-2005 01:51 PM

FYI Toads and frogs are amphibians, just in case that makes a difference in the choice of deterrent, Schatzi! Good luck. We had a fat toad that lived on our doorstep for years. We called him Clarence. My old dog never tried to eat him. This puppy probably would; she likes to eat everything.

Gotta go do errands. Later, gators (now that's a reptile!)

Kiwi

Cowpernia 09-26-2005 02:38 PM

I need to see more pictures of Jettsie. In that running one she looks JUST LIKE Angus the Scottie Dog that lived by the geese and the mulberry tree.

Bagzz 09-26-2005 02:53 PM

yes,more pictures of Jette please------------how did you like my Brown Cows??? when i approached them for a picture,they rose up as if to greet me and politely posed---i was enthralled----i think we should learn from these graceful fat ars-ed ones.

Cowpernia 09-26-2005 04:06 PM

I haven't seen the brown cows. I got email from Sugar saying she liked them. Show me the cows.

Wabby 09-27-2005 12:37 PM

I could show you our cows. They're not as cute as Bagzie's cows. Our cows are black and white and are beefier. You know why. We only have 2 cows and I try not to get to know them personally.

My DH has his heart set on buying a Harley that our Elvis friend is selling. I told him no. He says it's a good investment and he could sell it for a profit. I'm afraid he would want to keep it. It's just always something. Men. He's stopped smoking and he thinks he deserves a reward. I've never smoked and so far I haven't gotten any rewards for it. :tantrum:

Cowpernia 09-27-2005 06:17 PM

get him another cow as a reward and show us the pictures. A picture of Elvis with a cow will be very appreciated.

I had an interview today. The job is a good .. not great .. the pay is good .. not enough .. the boss is nice .. I've known her a long time .. doesn't mean she'll hire me .. there were male applicants and personally I'd hire one of them.

Kiwonk 09-27-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
My DH has his heart set on buying a Harley that our Elvis friend is selling. I told him no. He says it's a good investment and he could sell it for a profit. I'm afraid he would want to keep it. It's just always something. Men. He's stopped smoking and he thinks he deserves a reward. I've never smoked and so far I haven't gotten any rewards for it. :tantrum:

Ha, I can identify with that. I begged DH to quit smoking before DD was born, when she was a baby, when she was a little girl, when she was old enough to know what he was doing. I quit talking about it finally when it became clear that she thought smoking was really stupid. I figured he'd reaped what he'd sowed. Then he finally quit, incredibly enough for good. And now he wants a new guitar (he owns 3, he had bought another one and sold it) as a reward. I think he should get a good job as a reward. :s:

Puppy is adorable/driving us crazy. She found her way into the cats' food box and ate everything in their dish -- probably 2 cups of dry food. She's been sleeping it off for an hour and a half. On a positive note, she is going about 4 hours at night without messing in the crate. Yay, me. I take full credit.

Kiwi

Kiwonk 09-27-2005 06:33 PM

Why would you hire the guys instead of you? I hope you get it. Well, it would be better if it paid enough. But still.

Schatzi 09-28-2005 01:42 PM

How Now Brown Cows!

Peachie..I hope you get the job! Fingers Crossed darlin'

Kiwi: oooh Amphibian Schmevians.. As for my on going battle against the FROGS and TOADS... my Bucket traps aren't working! So... last night, DH being the anal retentive analytical type surfed the net to find all the variety of frogs and toads in NC... Well, I was subjected to listening to "clips" of frog sounds..which gave me the heebyjeebies... Here's my DH, squinting and cocking his head..listening intently to EACH and EVERY frog.. "rrrt rrt rrt "..Hmmm , No,no, that's not it...ERRRRRRRRIT ERITTTTICKICKICK..no, Thats not it" WHAT THE HOODLEDOO! ...Yes Folks, I know, I know, the fun never stops at the Schatzi household..

Bagz: Hmmm, I like my cows with sleeves, or as handbags... and a GOOOD STEAK!
Wabbu: Do you milk the cows? I never had fresh milk...

Went to visit the Village Hair Saaaaylon this morning.. He did not like my hedge clipped do it yerselfer job.. I have a body wave and cut to my shoulders and shall return in 2 weeks for Color correction...I sure done botched my hair but good this timeeeeeee.

Later PerTaters ( I believe that is a tuber)

Schatzi 09-28-2005 01:47 PM

Texas Surgeons

Three Texas surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries
they had performed.
One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in Texas. A concert pianist lost
7 fingers in an accident,
I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for
the Queen of England."
One of the others said. "That's nothing. A young man lost both arms and
legs in an accident, I
reattached them, and 2 years later he won a gold medal in field events
in the Olympics."