3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65500-sheep-puppy-mixes-up-cow-herd.html)

Kiwonk 10-05-2005 12:26 AM

Yes, DingyBatzBagz, the kids are seniors. you really are in a fog. :lol:

Schatzi 10-05-2005 10:18 AM

I second Kiwi's get a second opinion...the poor kid sounds like he is in agony :(

Bagzz 10-05-2005 10:46 AM

just make sure it's not the appendix---hopefully they are not too stupid to miss that----anyone can have hernia---even little babies -----my girlfriend has had hers stitched in twice-------for sure,take him somewhere where they will DO something-----

Wabby 10-05-2005 12:51 PM

Geez. I don't think "wait and see" is good advice if DS is in pain. I second the second opinion idea. I know their are lots of good PAs and I think they're fine for colds and ear infections and such, but they're not a substitute Dr. We had one who cauterized DS's big toe when he had an ingrown nail and she almost caused him to lose it. She didn't realize you were supposed to put something on to neutralize the acid after cauterization. Caused him to lose an entire month of school in the 7th grade, not to mention all the agony he went through.

Schatzi, scrambled egg salad sounds delish! :lol:

The mixer is white, Kiwi. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that.

The headache is on the way out. It's down to a little twinge in the left temple. I ended up going home from work early yesterday and even missing my nail appointment (you know I felt sick). DD came over and made me dinner, though. She loves her mama.

Kiwi, maybe when you tutor Schatzi, you could include me. I'm still a puter dunce. :doh: How sweet DD has a sweetheart. Ain't love grand? Remember how wonderful that time was? Sigh.

So Bagzie, has the fog moved in for the winter? We started our rainy season. The first weekend was nice - cozy fire, old movies on tv cuddled up w/ DH. Now I'm already sick of it. I need some sunlight!!!!

Cowpernia 10-05-2005 01:04 PM

ds has an appointment next Thursday with a surgeon.

But ... better. He has a JOB!!!!! He starts today as a cashier at a big grocery. Not Winn Dixie .. Food World. But still it's ok. Minimum wage in Florida is higher than the federal one. $6.15.

But .. sadly .. I have not found a job. I am very sad, depressed, despondent, unhappy, hopeless, you know. I have an appointment in an hour with a woman who helps other women gets jobs, education, ahead in life. She seems to be reallly wonderful. It's a program through the local college.

I have been looking at Painty's blog and the blogs of her friends and their friends, etc. I am knitting a boring vest that I already don't like and have ordered yarn for other stuff. I don't have money to do this so don't tell anybody.

Our paper, the one I used to be associated with, is printing recipes. One was making Cole Potato Soup out of purchased Potato Salad. Do you see the problem? the Salad has mayonnaise in it and they're messing with it and leaving it out.

Kiwonk 10-05-2005 02:03 PM

Ew, potato soup out of potato salad? Sounds pretty bad to begin with, but I wonder how you take the mayo out of the potato salad :lol:

White is a good choice, Wab. Speaking of mixers, DD had to do a recipe for her French class and went over to her bf's house (sheesh, that's weird to say) on the weekend to get his twin brother to help her -- he's a great cook. She's doing chocolate mousse. So yesterday, the bf came over after school to help her make the final batch for the class. She's so ditsy in the kitchen it's laughable. She put egg whites in the mixer and turned it on full speed and they flew all over the place.

I think I'll go give the puppy a bath. Dare me? We're going over to Othertown tonight so Dd and bf can play at the open mike night at the coffehouse there. Fun fun. Must have a clean dog.

Kiwi

Bagzz 10-05-2005 02:41 PM

wish i could go to the open mike night----------what fun to have a dd who has a musical bf-----------and a clean doggie-------------HAVE FUN AND I AM JEALOUS---- i am seeing dd19 for the first time since AUGUST=====FINALLY it's THanksgiving weekend!!wabbby---we don't have fog in the winter----in fact,our SUNLIGHT hours are the greatest in winter----------there is always sunshine and blueskies and forty below zero weather!!!

PainterWoman 10-05-2005 03:07 PM

Glad to know you've all been having fun during my absence! Really.
I will NOT be doing massive Halloween decorations any time soon. Martha, I hardly knew you!
DH may OD on candy corn, though.
I've started a 21 day challenge and now have to start it over (I think that's how it works) because I was too pooped to exercise yesterday.

Cowie-- by all means get a second opinion... My DS had to have his gall bladder removed at 22... nobody expected that... turns out is was nearly gangrenous. YUCK. They had to do a couple tests because it was so leaky it didn't even show up on the first one..... He's much better now. Hope your boy makes it through work training And finds a solution to his pain.

Knitting a boring vest is better than no vest!

This is banned books week. Read a banned book.

Take care y'all.

Wabby 10-05-2005 06:02 PM

I'm reading Ireland by Frank Delaney. I don't think it's banned. I just finished Brick Lane, which was supposed to be such a good book, but I had to force myself to finish it. I dunno why - it just seemed to drag on. Like this darned headache. It's trying to make a comeback. :headache:

I just got back from lunch w/ my sister. Tomorrow is lunch w/ my mom. and I wonder why I'm fat.

Should I take up knitting, Painty? or should I crochet a baby blanket for my Grandbaby? Which is more fun to do? We were supposed to find out if we're getting a boy or a girl today, but the hospital called and cancelled the appointment. This is the 3rd cancellation. It's driving us nutz. I've got shopping to do.

Peachez, congrats to DS on the job.....and I sure hope the Dr. can figure out whats going on w/ him. Minimum wage here is $7.50. Still not a living wage, but better than the federal wage. I wonder how many states actually follow the federal guideline? Don't be sad, depressed, despondant, Peach. The job you want may be right around the corner. You just need one person to realize what an exceptional woman you are.

Cowpernia 10-05-2005 10:41 PM

where do we find a list of banned books?

Schatzi 10-06-2005 08:40 AM

Here ya go Peachie:
http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedboo...dbooksweek.htm

interesting lists.... I remember quite a few of them were required reading in middle and high school!

Cowpernia 10-06-2005 09:30 AM

"In the Night Kitchen" .. I am shocked. I read this to DS about 10,000 times. What have I done??????? Nudity I remember but offensive language I do not. Must check.

Wabby 10-06-2005 04:36 PM

Is everybody off reading banned books?

Cowpernia 10-06-2005 05:56 PM

I am remembering In the Night Kitchen.
Quote:

I'm not the milk and the milk's not me. I'm Mickey.
Anyhow, rant time. Here I am with no money coming in just about and it's de pressing. DEEEEP pressing. Bado. A few days ago, I applied for a job and was told that I scored best on the test they gave. This made me feel I'd get the job but I did not. I felt I had done all I could and I was kicking my legs in the air trying not to fall as there no floor. Somtimes you got to talk to somebody so .. this time .. I called my preacher who was nice and said he'd talk to some people and see if he could come up with job leads.

Today his secretary (not him... men do not talk to women and are, in fact, rude often) called to say he'd found these leads from this one guy. The leads were parttime jobs or jobs that paid just a bit over minimum wage. While it must be said, they put forward some (tiny) effort on my behalf, I was deeply offended. What would be the point of my accepting a job that will not pay the bills and therefore halting my search for a better one?

It made me feel that they would begin saying I was unappreciative. My Sunday School class (women) took a collection and in an anonymous sweet way, gave it to me and I so much appreciated it. But now ... I am feeling that they will say Why Should We Help Her when she won't help herself. ??

Today, I redid my resume and applied for two jobs. Somebody tell me not to accept a 30 hour job at Walmart or an underpaid job working with low-income toddlers ... I just can't see doing that for a ton of money.

p*ssedly yours,

Peaches

Wabby 10-06-2005 06:28 PM

Don't worry what ppl may be saying, Peach, because they probably aren't. I'm sure they understand that any job you take has to be one that will pay you a decent wage. Maybe the guy was offering you the only leads he had, not trying to insult you. Even so, I'm not surprised that the women in your Sunday School class were the ones to come up with some real help for you. Women can relate. Wish I had something that was actually constructive to add, but I'm at a loss. Hang in there (I know, easy for everyone else to say) and know that things could turn around for you tomorrow. And I sure hope they do.