3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65500-sheep-puppy-mixes-up-cow-herd.html)

Cowpernia 09-20-2005 05:44 PM

Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd

Now ... if only I had something to say. I would love purple taters as I mostly eat veggies that are fresh and veggies are so limited. I also eat chicken bones but am out. My knitting project is over 1/6 done. My hair either needs cutting or needs to grow out. Not sure.

If y'all haven't seen "In Good Company," I recommend it as something you can watch with your kids AND it was very fun to watch. Has Dennis Quaid in it ... ummmm.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 07:55 PM

Peachie. I'm getting ascared.. I have such a sick visual of your DS in a panel walled basement bedroom facing a yard full of plumb hens..facing east (yes, my visions are vewwy exwact) is a butchers block and spit roasting a dogpatchish chicken and you in a rocking chair Discarding the meat and sucking toothlessly on bones and purple potato skins!

I'm done scarred for life.. :yikes: soothe me please say it aint so

Cowpernia 09-20-2005 08:00 PM

Shots, you is one sick puppy .. I mean cow. Chicken bones is a candy that Bagz sends me once a year. She sends me only about a half-cup or I'd share. And we're in Flawridder wherer there ain't many basements. No paneling either.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 08:16 PM

CANDY????

CHICKEN BONE CANDEEEEEE????????
I should be grossed out by the sheer thought of candy chicken bones... BUT of course if it is creamy, sweet, nutty, syrupy, chocolately, crunchy..I don't really care WHAT IS IN IT..I want some chicken bones

Dear Santa, (or in Sugs case: Dear Santasnarfelofest)
Please give me some a that thar chicken bones.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 08:18 PM

P.S. Paneling, Like bell bottoms and shag rugs WILL COME BACK.....

SugP 09-21-2005 01:59 AM

Schatzi, you're making me spit my tea again. :lol:

Peachy, the blue taters looked interesting but didn't have that much taste. They were called "Blue Swede". We bought some long skinny ones too that tasted much better. They had about 20 different kinds of organic taters there. And bratwurst. And little moldy thingies that would enable you to grow your own Shiitaake (sp????) mushrooms in a log. You need to grow your hair out. I'm growing mine really long and looking like a hippy these days. Makes me feel younger. That must be why I still get zits at 42.

IF I had a dog, which I don't, I would choose something from the category "Names of Female Superheroes". Shazam! :D

Wabby 09-21-2005 12:07 PM

Re: the great hair debate - I've been thinking of something drastic too. Like going either long or very short. I'd go short, except I'm worried about a couple things 1. Will short hair make my fat face look even fatter? 2. My hair is very fine, so will it make it look like I have even finer hair? 3. Should I color it blonder? (right now it just has some blondish highlights) and drumroll....... 4. Who really gives a rip whether I do anything with my hair. Maybe a paper sack might work just as well.

I'm in a mood. :mad:

I spent yesterday driving Grandpa Jim to Dr. appts. They put him on a heart monitor, even though he says he's perfectly fine and his heartbeat has always been irregular and he's lived just fine so far. I went into the exam room with him on that one, (because he's so deaf he needs me to translate for him - doesn't matter how many times you tell a Dr. he can't hear they still talk way too fast and they don't understand that when he laughs and nods that means he hasn't heard a dang thing you just said) but the 2nd appt. was for a urologist and I told him I wouldn't be going in with him for that appt. He said "why not?" and I had to explain to him what a urologist examines. Then I had to explain what a prostate gland is. Between his deafness and the subject matter, I finally just told him it had something to do with his "man parts" and I was just taking orders from his Dr. to take him to the appointment. Of course all of this conversation was yelled to him at the top of my lungs. I'm sure anyone around for 10 miles heard the entire thing. How does a man get to be over 90 and still not know what a prostate is? :dizzy: He informed me that "all that equipment works just fine". Good to know, Grandpa, good to know.

Cowpernia 09-21-2005 12:45 PM

I have fuzzy hair. If I cut it short, will it look even fuzzier? Will it leave my wrinkly neck stick out in the wind?

Grandpa is lucky to have everything working so well but I don't know what a prostate is either. I know presidents have them. They seem to have surgery on them about every term.

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 12:45 PM

Maybe I should name her Clipper. She just chewed through the phone cord when I wasn't looking. :rolleyes:

We are thinking of Jet.

I am tahred. I wish I had some chicken bones. Schatzi, I'm sure they have another name, although I can't think of it. They are sort of pink tubes of ribbony looking candy that are crimped on the ends -- and they have chocolate inside, don't they, Miss Cowpea?

Chateaugay's Cowgirl of Katahdin. Chateaugay's Katahdin Cowgirl. It's not bad. I have to use the breeder's kennel name at the front. Chateaugay's Jet Black Lawnmower. When she's not eating the phone cord, she's grazing on my toes.

Hey Bagz, I am very sympathetic right now about your puppy experience. This little girl is a bit more difficult in some ways than Molly was. I don't remember Molly whining at regular intervals all night. Last night we tried her back in the bedroom again, and it was pretty awful. She woke up every hour and started fussing. Twice I took her outside, which was fine the first time; the 2nd time she didn't go at all and I was so wiped out I put her in the x-pen and went and almost fell asleep on the toilet. When I managed to drag myself out of the bathroom, she had peed and pooped, sort of on the newspaper (she means well), so I had to clean that up before going back to bed. Not 45 minutes later she was inconsolably whining again. We decided to see if she would stop if we ignored it. :lol: Good one. :lol3: We listened to it escalate for about 10-15 minutes, to the point where she was howling, barking, thrashing about the crate like a mad thing. I finally gave up and sat on the floor and got her quiet in about 2 seconds. I don't know; she just hates to be without one of us and confined. I'm sure if I slept with my hand inside the crate she would be quiet most of the night. :shrug:

But the good news is she is adorable and hilarious and soft and furry and I'm a big sucker, so we soldier on. Can hardly wait to tell DH about the phone cord.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 09-21-2005 01:06 PM

I don't know about Jet. It automatically become Jetski which is a vehicle.

Kiwi, get on the phone, call your vet and ASK THEM what to do about the puppy whining at night. After they quit snickering at you, they will have sound advice. I know this because I know a woman who got a new lab puppy this year. She took it in for shots and complained that she was tired from getting up every morning at 5:00 to take it out to potty. They politiely asked why the puppy had to go potty at 5:00 and then told her how to train it.

Are we all growing our hair long, then? Are we dying it?

I was just at the supermarker where, over the candied apple carmel stuff, they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."

Bagzz 09-21-2005 02:52 PM

i am meaner than you kiwonk----we finally put the whining doggie out in the porch with the kennel door open so he could go in or out and let him hang out in the porch----if you shut the kitchen door AND the bedroom door,you couldn't hear anything,so i think he finally stopped that problem----what i couldn't stand was all the destroying of funiture legs that were being chewed and the fact that EVERYone who wanted the dog was unavailable when the huddas and wheepers needed to be cleaned up.-----YOU want doggie,YOU love doggies----so YOu will deal with all of this and end up with a fabulous pet!!!!I LIKE JET AS IN JET BLACK BUT ANOTHER NAME FOR BLACK I LIKE IS "RAVEN'.---our chestnut tree was hit by lightening last night and a giant branch fell on the sidewalk---had to pay to get it cleaned up!----------funny---today mom and i and my friend were talking about chicken bones and how they have new ones that have a chocolate covering over the pink cinnamon candy covering which covers the chocolate---i guess they just sell those fancy ones at the Ganong Candy store!!----- go here http://www.ganong.com/index.cfm?section=3&page=10

Wabby 09-21-2005 04:33 PM

I am amazed. There is a candy out there that I know nothing about. I always thought you were referring to Chick-o-stick candies when you talked of chicken bones. I have never seen these newfangled chicken bones. We're so primitive out here in the west.

Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do? I love it on soda crackers. There is 100 calories per tablespoon of Nutella. I should throw it away.

I have no wrinkles on the back of my neck. I have no wrinkles. I have sags and bags instead.

Kiwi, my sympathies during the puppy stage. Lordy, I remember those days with my Dotty dog. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

SugP 09-21-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do?

I try not to but I can't help it. Try mixing it 50/50 with peanut butter and you'll want to take a bath in it.

Are chick-o-sticks those brown ones made of sponge toffee or something, Wabby? Those are what I know as chicken bones.

Jet is a nice name, Kiwi. Or what about Jette? Or Fluffy? I like Fluffy.

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 05:52 PM

Wabbit, here's my helpful answer to the hair question: If your hair is already very fine, why change it? :rofl:

Dang I'm funny. Must be all that sleep I'm missing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."

Yeah, I hate it when people whose job it is to write the simplest things, can't even get that right. Earlier today I saw on TV one of those little promo lines at the bottom of the screen that said "Congrates to Patricia Arquette". I mean they managed to get her name right, but apparently no one bothered to read it before they put it on the air.

Bags, I like Raven too, but DD says it just reminds her of some dumb pop singer, so I guess that's out. Ah, the chewing. Well, we will be dealing with a lot of that, it seems.

Well, if I don't post this it will be tomorrow....

Kiwi

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 05:54 PM

Peanut butter is 100 calories a tablespoon too. So is almost any fat, isn't it? Uhoh, I hear DH going "Aaaargggghh". Better get out the paper towels.

K