3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65500-sheep-puppy-mixes-up-cow-herd.html)

Cowpernia 09-20-2005 05:44 PM

Sheep puppy mixes it up with cow herd

Now ... if only I had something to say. I would love purple taters as I mostly eat veggies that are fresh and veggies are so limited. I also eat chicken bones but am out. My knitting project is over 1/6 done. My hair either needs cutting or needs to grow out. Not sure.

If y'all haven't seen "In Good Company," I recommend it as something you can watch with your kids AND it was very fun to watch. Has Dennis Quaid in it ... ummmm.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 07:55 PM

Peachie. I'm getting ascared.. I have such a sick visual of your DS in a panel walled basement bedroom facing a yard full of plumb hens..facing east (yes, my visions are vewwy exwact) is a butchers block and spit roasting a dogpatchish chicken and you in a rocking chair Discarding the meat and sucking toothlessly on bones and purple potato skins!

I'm done scarred for life.. :yikes: soothe me please say it aint so

Cowpernia 09-20-2005 08:00 PM

Shots, you is one sick puppy .. I mean cow. Chicken bones is a candy that Bagz sends me once a year. She sends me only about a half-cup or I'd share. And we're in Flawridder wherer there ain't many basements. No paneling either.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 08:16 PM

CANDY????

CHICKEN BONE CANDEEEEEE????????
I should be grossed out by the sheer thought of candy chicken bones... BUT of course if it is creamy, sweet, nutty, syrupy, chocolately, crunchy..I don't really care WHAT IS IN IT..I want some chicken bones

Dear Santa, (or in Sugs case: Dear Santasnarfelofest)
Please give me some a that thar chicken bones.

Schatzi 09-20-2005 08:18 PM

P.S. Paneling, Like bell bottoms and shag rugs WILL COME BACK.....

SugP 09-21-2005 01:59 AM

Schatzi, you're making me spit my tea again. :lol:

Peachy, the blue taters looked interesting but didn't have that much taste. They were called "Blue Swede". We bought some long skinny ones too that tasted much better. They had about 20 different kinds of organic taters there. And bratwurst. And little moldy thingies that would enable you to grow your own Shiitaake (sp????) mushrooms in a log. You need to grow your hair out. I'm growing mine really long and looking like a hippy these days. Makes me feel younger. That must be why I still get zits at 42.

IF I had a dog, which I don't, I would choose something from the category "Names of Female Superheroes". Shazam! :D

Wabby 09-21-2005 12:07 PM

Re: the great hair debate - I've been thinking of something drastic too. Like going either long or very short. I'd go short, except I'm worried about a couple things 1. Will short hair make my fat face look even fatter? 2. My hair is very fine, so will it make it look like I have even finer hair? 3. Should I color it blonder? (right now it just has some blondish highlights) and drumroll....... 4. Who really gives a rip whether I do anything with my hair. Maybe a paper sack might work just as well.

I'm in a mood. :mad:

I spent yesterday driving Grandpa Jim to Dr. appts. They put him on a heart monitor, even though he says he's perfectly fine and his heartbeat has always been irregular and he's lived just fine so far. I went into the exam room with him on that one, (because he's so deaf he needs me to translate for him - doesn't matter how many times you tell a Dr. he can't hear they still talk way too fast and they don't understand that when he laughs and nods that means he hasn't heard a dang thing you just said) but the 2nd appt. was for a urologist and I told him I wouldn't be going in with him for that appt. He said "why not?" and I had to explain to him what a urologist examines. Then I had to explain what a prostate gland is. Between his deafness and the subject matter, I finally just told him it had something to do with his "man parts" and I was just taking orders from his Dr. to take him to the appointment. Of course all of this conversation was yelled to him at the top of my lungs. I'm sure anyone around for 10 miles heard the entire thing. How does a man get to be over 90 and still not know what a prostate is? :dizzy: He informed me that "all that equipment works just fine". Good to know, Grandpa, good to know.

Cowpernia 09-21-2005 12:45 PM

I have fuzzy hair. If I cut it short, will it look even fuzzier? Will it leave my wrinkly neck stick out in the wind?

Grandpa is lucky to have everything working so well but I don't know what a prostate is either. I know presidents have them. They seem to have surgery on them about every term.

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 12:45 PM

Maybe I should name her Clipper. She just chewed through the phone cord when I wasn't looking. :rolleyes:

We are thinking of Jet.

I am tahred. I wish I had some chicken bones. Schatzi, I'm sure they have another name, although I can't think of it. They are sort of pink tubes of ribbony looking candy that are crimped on the ends -- and they have chocolate inside, don't they, Miss Cowpea?

Chateaugay's Cowgirl of Katahdin. Chateaugay's Katahdin Cowgirl. It's not bad. I have to use the breeder's kennel name at the front. Chateaugay's Jet Black Lawnmower. When she's not eating the phone cord, she's grazing on my toes.

Hey Bagz, I am very sympathetic right now about your puppy experience. This little girl is a bit more difficult in some ways than Molly was. I don't remember Molly whining at regular intervals all night. Last night we tried her back in the bedroom again, and it was pretty awful. She woke up every hour and started fussing. Twice I took her outside, which was fine the first time; the 2nd time she didn't go at all and I was so wiped out I put her in the x-pen and went and almost fell asleep on the toilet. When I managed to drag myself out of the bathroom, she had peed and pooped, sort of on the newspaper (she means well), so I had to clean that up before going back to bed. Not 45 minutes later she was inconsolably whining again. We decided to see if she would stop if we ignored it. :lol: Good one. :lol3: We listened to it escalate for about 10-15 minutes, to the point where she was howling, barking, thrashing about the crate like a mad thing. I finally gave up and sat on the floor and got her quiet in about 2 seconds. I don't know; she just hates to be without one of us and confined. I'm sure if I slept with my hand inside the crate she would be quiet most of the night. :shrug:

But the good news is she is adorable and hilarious and soft and furry and I'm a big sucker, so we soldier on. Can hardly wait to tell DH about the phone cord.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 09-21-2005 01:06 PM

I don't know about Jet. It automatically become Jetski which is a vehicle.

Kiwi, get on the phone, call your vet and ASK THEM what to do about the puppy whining at night. After they quit snickering at you, they will have sound advice. I know this because I know a woman who got a new lab puppy this year. She took it in for shots and complained that she was tired from getting up every morning at 5:00 to take it out to potty. They politiely asked why the puppy had to go potty at 5:00 and then told her how to train it.

Are we all growing our hair long, then? Are we dying it?

I was just at the supermarker where, over the candied apple carmel stuff, they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."

Bagzz 09-21-2005 02:52 PM

i am meaner than you kiwonk----we finally put the whining doggie out in the porch with the kennel door open so he could go in or out and let him hang out in the porch----if you shut the kitchen door AND the bedroom door,you couldn't hear anything,so i think he finally stopped that problem----what i couldn't stand was all the destroying of funiture legs that were being chewed and the fact that EVERYone who wanted the dog was unavailable when the huddas and wheepers needed to be cleaned up.-----YOU want doggie,YOU love doggies----so YOu will deal with all of this and end up with a fabulous pet!!!!I LIKE JET AS IN JET BLACK BUT ANOTHER NAME FOR BLACK I LIKE IS "RAVEN'.---our chestnut tree was hit by lightening last night and a giant branch fell on the sidewalk---had to pay to get it cleaned up!----------funny---today mom and i and my friend were talking about chicken bones and how they have new ones that have a chocolate covering over the pink cinnamon candy covering which covers the chocolate---i guess they just sell those fancy ones at the Ganong Candy store!!----- go here http://www.ganong.com/index.cfm?section=3&page=10

Wabby 09-21-2005 04:33 PM

I am amazed. There is a candy out there that I know nothing about. I always thought you were referring to Chick-o-stick candies when you talked of chicken bones. I have never seen these newfangled chicken bones. We're so primitive out here in the west.

Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do? I love it on soda crackers. There is 100 calories per tablespoon of Nutella. I should throw it away.

I have no wrinkles on the back of my neck. I have no wrinkles. I have sags and bags instead.

Kiwi, my sympathies during the puppy stage. Lordy, I remember those days with my Dotty dog. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

SugP 09-21-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
Does anyone love Nutella as much as I do?

I try not to but I can't help it. Try mixing it 50/50 with peanut butter and you'll want to take a bath in it.

Are chick-o-sticks those brown ones made of sponge toffee or something, Wabby? Those are what I know as chicken bones.

Jet is a nice name, Kiwi. Or what about Jette? Or Fluffy? I like Fluffy.

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 05:52 PM

Wabbit, here's my helpful answer to the hair question: If your hair is already very fine, why change it? :rofl:

Dang I'm funny. Must be all that sleep I'm missing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
they put a sign reading, "Try are apple kits."

Yeah, I hate it when people whose job it is to write the simplest things, can't even get that right. Earlier today I saw on TV one of those little promo lines at the bottom of the screen that said "Congrates to Patricia Arquette". I mean they managed to get her name right, but apparently no one bothered to read it before they put it on the air.

Bags, I like Raven too, but DD says it just reminds her of some dumb pop singer, so I guess that's out. Ah, the chewing. Well, we will be dealing with a lot of that, it seems.

Well, if I don't post this it will be tomorrow....

Kiwi

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 05:54 PM

Peanut butter is 100 calories a tablespoon too. So is almost any fat, isn't it? Uhoh, I hear DH going "Aaaargggghh". Better get out the paper towels.

K

Kiwonk 09-21-2005 05:56 PM

Yes, Sugar, I was thinking it would be better Jette. Well, Fluffy she certainly is, but I always think of cats when I hear that. By the way, the puppy made friends with one of our cats today. The cat let her sniff her and everything. Then Puppy chased her into the woods. Heehee.

k

Wabby 09-21-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Wabbit, here's my helpful answer to the hair question: If your hair is already very fine, why change it?
Kiwi, that was very corny, but very funny. har har. :lol:

I like Jette, but only if you spell it with an e on the end. I don't know why. Just don't name her Spirit. That's the goofy name our neighbor named his dog and I cringe every time I hear it. Our dogs are named Lucas and Dotty. Lucas was 2 when we got him, so we didn't want to confuse him by changing his name, and Dotty just looked like a Dotty. I called her Damn
Dog for a long time until she was housetrained and she stole my heart. She was given to us by our former Doctor, who only gave his very special patients one of his puppies. I wanted to strangle him when DH and DS came home from an office visit w/ a dog.

Sugar, I'm going right home to try your nutella/p-nut butter mix. You are a bad influence.

Did anyone see the new sit com on NBC called My Name is Earl? It was hi-larry-*** (as Bagzie would so delicately put it).

Painty? you still out there?

Schatzi 09-21-2005 09:18 PM

Bagz--Thankyou for clearing up the chicken bone issue.. awhile back I recall Peachie asking for 10lbs of chicken bones.. Hmmm I thought, I guess she is making mass quantities of soup..Who Knew!

Kiwi: Ah yes, puppy training days! I walked around with a roll of Brawny under my arm for bout 2 weeks..Darby and Casey aren't chewers.. our first Muffin went through 2 telephone cords..learned to scale the puppy fence and had a fetish for snooping in unattended handbags. These two loved to play with the toilet paper on the roll providing them with hours of entertainment whilst I dealt with cleaning up all the shreds! These two are now into terrorizing the resident toad. hmmmm.. did you know that when they try to nip the toad, the toad must produce some icky thing that makes the dog start to foam at the mouth..
Jette is a nice name... I can't think of any neat names for consideration.

Peachie..I have very straight,limp, thin hair... I dyed it and its too dark...now I look like a Fat morticia...I did trim it last night with kitchen shears..yes... I get impulsive like that... It looks horrid and I will be forced to go to a real salon.. I'm thinking of a shag with bangs ..cut to the top of my shoulders. I also have been cursed with the Hanaway Wattle.. I'm getting that throaty crinkly wrinkles..I think I shall wear turtle necks the rest of my life. Sigh

Wabby: so glad that grandpop's plumbing is working ok.. and blonde highlites sound loverly...
Sug: I've seen Nutella, but never bought it ..but may pick up a jar...That's all I need is some other new high fat crap to get addicted to!

Bagzz 09-21-2005 10:49 PM

i like Jette--------reminds me of Paul McCartney----the cute one---oh that reminds me of lushie---she used to love us-----------------time to get organized,or go to sleep-------hmmmmmmmmmmmm ----who is in the way of Rita??? not peachbuns i hope??

Schatzi 09-22-2005 11:20 AM

hmmm Rita is heading for Texass... I'm hoping Painty is not near the coast... :?: maybe time to evacuate and use some duct tape on that Sea Urchin HEAD dress miss Painty!

There are too many reptiles here. A herd of toads (or is it a pride or gaggle of toads? KIWI??? )and I'm not likin them one bit.. and a big fat Black snake has taken up residence in the wood pile...I hear both reptiles are "good" and take care of the bugs and skeeters... but oh Lushie... what's it like back home? Whine.. are you wearing long pants yet? Is it Autumn? It's 90ish ...there's something wrong with being in the end of Sept and Sweating!

Did I tell you all that We went for a hike on Saturday, looked for places to put the kayaks in.. and went to look at some houses... we hit on a development that had the acreage.. the houses are way so over the top big .. and the price tag was like 600,000. RIDIKULOUS! We asked about a lot, and if they put in pools and he asks... are you all from NY/NJ? He heeeee...seems having pools was never a NC thing, but since lots of us yanks are moving down they get lots of requests for pools. I'm looking at the neighborhood.. younguns, wives in polo shirts,sun visors and Talbot shorts... Young..tan .. pretty.. how do they AFFORD these monstrosities? I am so freekin bored now that the move is over.. I'm doing all that domestic crap u wish (or were glad you didnt) have time for.. clean the crack mobile, wash windows...bleah... I want me a chicken bone.

Cowpernia 09-22-2005 12:51 PM

1. The chicken bones are MINE ALL MINE.

2. It is perhaps not swimmingpoolness that gives you away. It is perhaps your odd vowels.

I just got a haircut. Called yesterday and asked for an appt with Amanda who has cut it before. She was busy all day. So I asked about today. Busy all day except 8 am. How about 10:00 Friday, she says. So I ask if Someone Else could cut it and got the time I wanted. I was there an hour. During the whole complete hour, Amanda sat and read a magazine. All's I know is I won't ask for her again.

The person used a straight-iron on my hair and now I want one.

Shots, do you have love bugs in NC? Would you like some? They don't bite or anything.

Kiwonk 09-22-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Did anyone see the new sit com on NBC called My Name is Earl? It was hi-larry-*** (as Bagzie would so delicately put it).

It was! I really liked it -- somebody finally had a new idea.

What's wrong with Spirit? Not that I'd use it, mainly because I am superstitious: I figure calling a dog Spirit will make it become one soon. No doubt Jet/Jette will always zoom around like a jet.

I've got too much fat on me to have any wrinkles. Probably that's why I am psychologically unable to lose weight -- I will look like an old crone if I do.

I can't wait to see grandpa's blond highlights! :chin:

A Hop of Toads? A Wart of Toads? Perhaps a Gallop of Toads.

I used to get so mad at people in NC. We moved there from Buffalo, NY, and one of the first things my parents did was join a swim club (actually our nextdoor neighbor had a pool but never invited us over to swim in it) and I thought it was really mean of the club not to open their pool until Memorial Day weekend! And then they would close Labor Day. It's ridiculous -- I swim here in September! In NC, you could easily enjoy a pool for 5 months of the year, but they're never open that much.

Gotta go try to find some sleep.

Kiwi

Schatzi 09-22-2005 02:16 PM

Peachtree: post a peecture of the new DOOOO. I need inspiration!!!I have mine in a pony tail..must "trim" areas I missed before I go to the real salon to repair my damage.. ...Love bugs? hmmm I just KNOW you southern folk make up these cute names for some of these large Prehistoric monstrosities..PULEESE don't tell me it's one of those exoskelton armadillo like large cockroach like thingies..EWWWW...and peachers youse think I godan aksent but I don't
Kiwinie Puppy mommy:hmmm "SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. "GAWD that sounds Gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) But it sounds not only whiney but like WHO IS THAT LOONEY WOMAN CALLING OUT TO NOW!

I took a break from cleaning windows... the hop of Toads don't liken beein squirted with windex...
and why did you move from the humid sweaty south to the fridgidness of the north.. ?

Mus check out Earl... sounds right up my alley

Wabby 09-22-2005 02:20 PM

Kiwi, now you're confusing me, and you know how easily confused I am. I have the blonde highlights, Grandpa doesn't. He likes to ogle blonde women, (not me of course) but he's not blonde. He does, however, have more hair than DH does.

Ppl here don't have pools either, Schatzi. I don't know why. Supposedly our summers are too short, but our spring and fall are long and warm. When I get the House of My Dreams I want a pool, with a cute pool guy to go with.

I don't know why the dog name Spirit gives me the heebeejeebees. It just does.

Insects and reptiles are two reasons I couldn't live back east. The things we don't have are 1. poisonous snakes (except east of the Cascade mountains). 2. ticks (except, again on the other side of the mountains) 3. Big ol' toads. We have tiny cute tree frogs. 4. As a rule, cockroaches. 5. Blackflies. Another thing we don't have is hurricanes. Poor ppl down south. Especially the ppl who have evacuated to Houston and are now being evacuated again. The bad stuff about here - 1.too much gray weather in the winter. 2. housing prices are horrendous. 3. possibility of earthquakes, but nothing like California. 4. All the other cows live too far east or south.

Peaches, tell us about your haircut. I'm thinking I want Charlize Theron's hair in the movie Sweet November. Google it and tell me what you think. I'm sure it would make me look like Charlize's twin sister.

My mailman just gave me a 20 minute blow by blow of his latest back surgery along with x rays of somebody pokin' a honkin' huge needle in his spine. For some reason he thinks I'm interested. Sometimes he brings me pictures of his moto-cross track and motorcycle. I must have a huge "bored to death, talk to me about anything" sign on my forehead.

In spite of having a nasty headache, I've managed to blather on for quite a long post. Do you'all have one of those signs on your forehead too???? ;)

PainterWoman 09-22-2005 10:58 PM

I am avoiding the premier of ER. Too much drama.
Rita will probably "only" be category 2 or 3 by the time it reaches north Texas... but the evacuees from Galveston and Houston have already filled all the hotel and motel rooms between there and AMARILLO. Good grief. (go look on a map... anyplace else it'd be three states over.)

I'll lash stuff down on the porch tomorrow as we're not supposed to even get rain til Saturday morning. Till then, it'll still be 100 degrees during the day time. It's 10 pm and still 83. :devil:

I have given up candy and peanut butter (and Nutella... I don't buy it that often...). I've put on 10+ pounds with chemo and since I'm to tired to exercise, I guess it's up to the water-flushing routine and decreased calories to make a difference. My "winter clothes" don't have the same expansive qualities that my summer ones do... so it is high time. Sigh.

Color me :(

Cowpernia 09-22-2005 11:02 PM

Painty .. this should cheer you up. While looking for knitting materials online, I ran across these boys . Probably bored Canadians.

I can't tell about the haircut as it is sprayed and straightened all stiff-like. After I was the appleness out of the shape, I can explain better. It's just short and brown anyway.

SugP 09-23-2005 07:34 AM

I'm fat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
While looking for knitting materials online, I ran across these boys . Probably bored Canadians.

Hill-larry-***! Bored Canadians 4 sure!! Looks as if they filmed that at Bagzie's house out back. :lol:

Wait! I just checked. One of them is from New Jersey. Even better. :D

My hair is more than shoulder length now and wavy and mousie brown and I'm thinking of buying one of those highlighting kits and having dh help me because there's not way I'm spreading bleach on the back of my head when I can't see what's going on. I guess I could go to the hairdresser, but who has the $$$$?

Wabs, I think a bit lighter is always better than darker. Darker makes one look wrinkly, I think, unless it's your natural colour. What about a blondish colour with darker blonde lowlights or something? Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about.

Painty! I am glad you're not too much in in Rita's way and I hear you on the non-stretchy winter wardrobe. NOTHING I have fits except for an old pair of camel stretch cords with a broken zipper. Went downtown today and got two pairs of s-t-r-e-t-c-h pants in a size that actually fits without cutting off my circulation. Nearly cried at the back view in the changing room mirror though.

Kiweeeenie - having that pup must be almost like having a newborn in the house. But she sounds so adorable and I'm sure she'll be great once she settles down and gets used to y'all.

Schatzi - reptiles??? Eeee! How do the Talbot's crowd deal with those? I guess they get the pool guy to take care of it? :D

Wabby 09-23-2005 02:26 PM

Painty, if there was any time in your life that you're allowed to cut yourself some slack, now is the time. Think kind and healing thoughts about your body. I'm sure that once some of those chemicals leave your system, you'll start feeling more like yourself. :grouphug:

I actually prefer winter clothing. You can cover so much more up. All my winter things are too tight, but I've decided not to fight it and just go shopping. I don't need a bunch of clothes, because I don't do all that much, so I figure I'm just going to resign myself to the reality of what size I really wear and buy some things that fit. Sugar, don't look at the back view. Saves you from a lot of heartache. I should know.

This is day two of the nasty headache. Doctor gave me some new migraine drugs to try. I took one 45 minutes ago. Hasn't worked yet. At least my migraines haven't been getting to the excrutiating level lately. Here's my report - blood pressure is up, weight is up, waiting for cholesterol and blood sugar report. Bleeh. Why do I not exercise, not watch what I eat and expect any different result?

Peachez, where do you find stuff like the punk knitters???!!! Cwazy.

Sugar, send me a ticket to Germany and I'll help you do your hair. I do DH's mustache w/ Just for Men. Heee.

PainterWoman 09-24-2005 12:18 AM

Cowabunga! LOVE those Jersey Gangsta Knitters!

Wabbs--I hope your migraine goes away... FAR away. Maybe to N. Korea?

Sug... I totally recommend RED!! don't have to mess with bleach that way. (Bleach has scared me ever since a Surfer-boy wanna-be fried his hair so bad in the 8th grade that most of it fell out.)
And, Why, I don't know, but DH seems to think having a red head in the house is hot. What a silly man... I'm still droopy (in many more ways than one), tired, and waddling... but the red hair perks him up. Which is a happy thing to be able to do!

Schatzi 09-24-2005 09:25 AM

The Gansta Knitters are priceless! Hmmpf Princeton was only 20 minutes from me.. too bad, I would have gone to see that Santa P and the Elves show..
Painty..Glad you are far from Rita! Texas is such a huge state..

wabby..I hope your head starts to feel better.. I've only had a handful of migraines in my life.. I can't imagine having them weekly or monthly! :(

SugP.. I tried that home highliting kit.. Another disaster ... My hair was bozo orange streaked! He took a picture and sent it to all our friends.. oh yeah he's a funny one!

I read up on these Toads and apparently they are very poisionous to dogs.. Yesterday both girls came in all frothy .I had to spray out their mouths.. and watch them for any cardiac prob.. So that does it! I am now on a mission to de-frog the yard..I put a bucket out under the porch light last night and caught me one big toad.. took it down the street to the woods and let it go.. DH is going to find some reptile Go Away Spray or whatever.. but I don't want him to kill them...just deter them from entering our space.

Cowpernia 09-24-2005 09:42 AM

Wabbo ... I don't know how I found them. That was yesterday. Too long ago. Now, I know you don't post on weekends; I know you stay home and make muffins and barbecue shiskabobs and such; but I'll pretend you're here and say that for many many years of my life, I had headaches more than I didn't have headaches. I went to sleep with them and woke up with them. I had migraines that lasted for days. I remember one I had when DS was a toddler. I fell asleep with him sitting on the bed with me and woke with the entire bed covered with his books. I have used every migraine medicine that was available up to imitrex in its many forms. I have been to the ER and been knocked out several times because of the pain. For all that, the best thing that works for me, the only thing that works and it ALWAYS works for me, is Excedrin Migraine. Somebody in the drugstore said the ingredients were no different from regular Excedrin but if she's right, I sure don't care. Before Excedrin Migraine, I took bottles of pain killer with me everywhere and left them in my friends' houses if they didn't regularly stock that kind of thing. I couldn't be without it. Was always in pain. Regulary ... I mean way way regularly .. I would throw up in the car because of the migraine. I used to drive DS to school with a bowl in my lap. I didn't get more headaches during menopause but more of them were migraines. Bottles of Excedrin Migraine are in my purse and on several surfaces in my house. (I must address that with Flylady.) I love this product more than chocolate. Also, one thing I learned accidetnally was that citric acid gave me migraines. I once drove to Atlanta and back in a day and, on the way, heard an add for Citrical on the radio. I bought some on the trip and was sick for weeks and weeks. I thought it was the trip. My joints hurt and I thought it was the sitting. Then I quit the Citrical and felt fine. Since then, I notice that if I have a drink with citrus acid in it, I get a headache.

There is this PERFECT JOB open that I am so qualified for and would love. The problem: it's with the agency that's overseen by the woman I previously worked for. It's a separate agency but she can .. and probably will sometime in the future .. put them out of business. That is, unless the state sees that she and her counterparts are superfluous and a waste of money and get rid of her. Anyhow, I guess I'll apply for the job but she so intimidates everyone that it would be a miracle for me to be hired.

Kiwonk 09-24-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
"SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:.. "GAWD that sounds Gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) But it sounds not only whiney but like WHO IS THAT LOONEY WOMAN CALLING OUT TO NOW!

Okay, you've got a point there...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
and why did you move from the humid sweaty south to the fridgidness of the north.. ?

Done found me a lumberjack to get hitched to. Well, not exactly a lumberjack, but he did live on an idyllic pond in a cabin. So I escaped the overheated overcrowded Charlotte milieu and never looked back.
Quote:

Kiwi, now you're confusing me, and you know how easily confused I am. I have the blonde highlights, Grandpa doesn't.

HeeHee Just kidding, m'dear. I knew it was you. I was enjoying the image of Grandpa with blond highlights, though...

We do have blackflies here (oh boy do we have blackflies), but no poisonous snakes, supposedly, in the state of Maine. Not much in the way of roaches either.

Painty, it just doesn't seem fair that you gained weight with the chemo. A little gauntness ought to be one of the side effects. Not fair. Hope you haven't gotten anything much from Lovely Rita.

This is as far as I've gotten reading posts. You'd think I'd been out of town or something. Will read more later. Must go now and clean out the dog crate. We had a visit with the vet yesterday (he claimed that Jet is the "nicest puppy he's seen in a long time"--but you knew that), and I asked his advice about the whining etc. He said she should be able to last for 4 hours in the crate at night and to put it in another room so you can stand to ignore the whining until she settles down. So we put her in the kitchen, she calmed down after a while (or I fell asleep) and I set the alarm for 3+ hours later. When I got up to take her out, it was like **** on a stick. She had pooped in the crate and apparently thrashed all around and the entire crate was covered with poop, and she had it all over her paws and belly. I took the crate out into the mudroom and left it there, and gave her a bath (at least the best I could in the middle of the night). Not good. We're going back to my method tonight. Anyway I have to go hose out the crate. CU

Kiwi

Bagzz 09-24-2005 04:53 PM

I Forget What Your Method Is???? Tell Us!!!---i Tripped On The Stairs Going Into My House And Smashed My Knee Into The Cement---it Hurts Like **** And I Am Limping ------------what An ***.

Bagzz 09-26-2005 11:10 AM

i have it on good authority that Kiwonk is exhausted -----Jette has totally worn her out----she will need two carafes of coffee before she is able to report in-----WHERE THE **** WAS EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND------I BOUGHT CHOCOLATE COVERED CHICKEN BONES AT THE GANONG FLAGSHIP STORE ON FRIDAY-------------DIVINE.

Wabby 09-26-2005 12:21 PM

Poor Kiwi reminds me of newborn baby days. Why don't you try setting your alarm for only 2+ hours. At least you'd get a couple hours rest inbetween potty breaks. Thank goodness you really wanted this puppy, huh? The last puppy I got was brought home by DH and DS and left to me to housetrain and take care of. I still don't think I'm over it. :mad:

I bought 2 pair of pants in my new size yesterday. Guess what? Even tho my pants are bigger, I look thinner because they're not stretched tight across my fat arse. I also bought DD a new warm up suit, & sweater, and the future DIL 2 maternity tops. I like buying other ppl clothes more than me. They're all young and cute.

Peachez, I used to have those horrible sick, sick, I feel like dying migraines. Now I just have low grade not quite bad enough to stay home from work but still nauseas migraines. I've tried Excedrin migraine before, but I might try it again since my latest prescription ones are so darn expensive. 8 bucks a pill, even with insurance. It's called Zomig. It did work, but made me feel kind of funny. And not funny ha-ha.

Remember the intersection that I almost ran into the person at on my way to work? Well today I almost turned left in front of a huge SUV that would have flattened me at the same intersection. Screeching of brakes and honking of horns. Eeeek. You'd think that on the 5 minute drive to work that I have that I could stay awake and pay attention.

Schatzi, I have never heard of poisonous toads. How strange. I suppose your doggies think they're fun to chase.
Quote:

SppppppIRIIIIIT.. Spppppirrrritttt:..
That is exactly the way the neighbor calls his dog. Heebeejeeebees.

Has anyone seen the movie Crash? It's out on DVD. It is sooooo good. Not a happy feel good movie, but it really, really makes you think. Watch it.

Owie, Bagzie, you talk mean to yourself when you should be talking nice and buying yourself extra chocolate to make yourself feel better. Oh yeah, you did that. ;)

We bought Grandpa a lift chair off of Craig's list. It's like new. He insists that he has no problem getting in and out of a chair (yeah, right, that's why he won't sit in anything but a hard, upright chair). Anyway, he's a happy camper.

Sugar, I second RED haircolor. Maybe a dark auburn color. So stylish. So sexy. Like that skinny Bree character on Desperate Housewives. Vaaa-vaa-voom. It sure seems to be working for Painty :s: :devil:

Kiwonk 09-26-2005 01:51 PM

FYI Toads and frogs are amphibians, just in case that makes a difference in the choice of deterrent, Schatzi! Good luck. We had a fat toad that lived on our doorstep for years. We called him Clarence. My old dog never tried to eat him. This puppy probably would; she likes to eat everything.

Gotta go do errands. Later, gators (now that's a reptile!)

Kiwi

Cowpernia 09-26-2005 02:38 PM

I need to see more pictures of Jettsie. In that running one she looks JUST LIKE Angus the Scottie Dog that lived by the geese and the mulberry tree.

Bagzz 09-26-2005 02:53 PM

yes,more pictures of Jette please------------how did you like my Brown Cows??? when i approached them for a picture,they rose up as if to greet me and politely posed---i was enthralled----i think we should learn from these graceful fat ars-ed ones.

Cowpernia 09-26-2005 04:06 PM

I haven't seen the brown cows. I got email from Sugar saying she liked them. Show me the cows.

Wabby 09-27-2005 12:37 PM

I could show you our cows. They're not as cute as Bagzie's cows. Our cows are black and white and are beefier. You know why. We only have 2 cows and I try not to get to know them personally.

My DH has his heart set on buying a Harley that our Elvis friend is selling. I told him no. He says it's a good investment and he could sell it for a profit. I'm afraid he would want to keep it. It's just always something. Men. He's stopped smoking and he thinks he deserves a reward. I've never smoked and so far I haven't gotten any rewards for it. :tantrum: