Old 10-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #136  
I found the 10lbs. u lost

Ok newbie here but just thought i would jump right in here I am a 29 yr. old sahm mom to 2 meg 4 cody 2 i am just starting to try to lose weight and am looking for all the encuragement i can get !! I would like to be at my goal weight by next summer for a very big vacation that we have planned !!!

I live in Ohio originally from oarnge county NY I grew up in walden ny right outside montgomery ! Loved it there

I would appercaite any advice at any time so bring it on !!!
1Fattychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Hi !!!

Glad to have you here. I am a SAHM to Riley (almost three) and Talon age one!! We have such a wonderful group of ladies here. I really think I would have thrown in the towel if it weren't for the friendship and kindness I've found here!!!

Wish you the best!!!
Take care
carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 PM   #138  
Pending Email Confirmation

Carafre: You sound like you had a great exercise day yesterday. Good for you! 2 miles is a long way, that's a great workout. When do you want to start the challenge? I exercised today, so if you did too then let's make today Day 1. If you didn't, let's make tomorrow (Thursday) Day 1.

In case today is Day 1, here's my results: 35/150 minutes cardio, and 0/60 minutes lifting. Better than I expected to do. Also, I ate very badly for dinner. The hotel has free dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week. Tonight it was barbequed pork and baked beans and cole slaw, homemade cookies, potato chips... need I go on? I ate badly, but perhaps not as badly as I would have just a few months ago. And I forced myself to get on the elliptical, for which I'm glad.

Welcome, newbie! You'll find tons of encouragement here. And lots of great advice, too! Good luck with your weight loss goals, stop in anytime!

Cindy B
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #139  

Default ...

Today it is!! I haven't exercised yet but I am on my way. I am feeling better. Exercising has become like caffiene to me!! I have to do it in order to feel rested!!

Good for you! Yikes, free hotel food! I know how ya feel, or atleast I will! We are taking our first family trip ever to Seattle for a week. I am packing apples. I also made sure our hotel room has a kitchen so I can make a few healthy choices!! Anyway, more on that later... Don't sweat it - just remind yourself that (like you said) if you had done this a time ago, it would be worse! Progress . I can NEVER turn down BBQ, ever. So I avoid it like the plague!! C-o-o-l!!

I gotta go rack up some minutes!!! Here's to losing five pounds before my trip in Nov.. I want my family to see a difference. That would be the best.

take care & happy exercising
carafre
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #140  

thanks for the warm welcome !!!
I started my exercising today with a half hour of jumping on the trampoline and then this weekend my Dh and i will be seting up are work out equipment in the basement i have a gymnastics mat, a treadmill a small weight bench a stepping machine and a sking machine god bless FREECYCLE.org so i am hoping to put in a plan of action next week of jumping about half hour every day and then also getting in some weights in the evening !
wish me luck lol !!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #141  

Default good -

Good for you! Keep up the great work!!

I did 40/150 cadio last night and 0 toning! I hope to do some toning today! We'll see...

Have a great day ladies, I've got a ton of things to do! I'll check in later tonight!!

carafre
Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #142  

I don't want to sound stupid but what does " 40/150" Stand for lol i know its probally something simple but i can't figure it out !
Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #143  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Not a good day

We started a 7-day exercise challenge, and it started yesterday. We are trying to do 150 minutes of cardio exercise in 7 days (and 60 minutes of weight training). 40/150 means Carafre has done 40 minutes out of the 150 minutes so far.

As for me, I did ZERO exercise today. But I sure did a lot of eating! This really sucks, I'm in such a rut this week. I really want to go back home or get in our new home, hotel living isn't all it's cracked up to be. I can't leave the boy in the room, even if he's napping, to go to the exercise room. Instead I have to wait for hubby to get home in the evening, and then we've often got something to do. Also, I REALLY miss my Bowflex! I'm getting really crabby about the whole thing. I ate healthy all day until this evening, when I had 2 pieces of pizza (this was in addition to a normal dinner), and a Cafe Latte from Starbucks (decaf and skim milk, but still) and a Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti. Mmmm, yummy... but not so great.

I need to get back into my routine! We'll be going back to TN again this weekend (someone's looking at the house Saturday morning, please everyone keep your fingers crossed or pray or light a candle or whatever you do!).

BTW, 1Fattychick (sorry, I don't know your name!), are you on any special plan (Weight Watchers, etc.)? What sort of exercise are you doing? I'm not any plan yet, although I'm getting closer and closer to seriously looking into one. As for exercise normally I walk a lot (treadmill or walking trails) and I use the Bowflex. I'm a little off track right now because my hubby was transferred and we're in temporary housing for a month.

Talk to you ladies later!

Cindy B
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:36 PM   #144  

Default ok

Cindy, I hear ya... It has to be tough right now for you guys. Just remember that hopefully (my fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs are crossed) your house will sell ASAP. Keep your chin up (if you do up & down you burn more calories! ) Tomorrow is another day. I am here...

I know this isn't helpful, but I didn't get any exercise done today either. All I have are excuses so I won't even bother. I haven't gained, yet. I am working out in the a.m.. I've been doing it at night after kids are in bed & hubby @ work. But I am not able to sleep. Four hours a night isn't cutting it. So we'll see.

Let's shake it off and pick ourselves up. We will do better. My mini goal for tomorrow is to make better choices all day.

take care
carafre
Old 10-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #145  
Mommy9802

Cool Hey Ladies!

Hey Girls! How is everyone doing! I think that an Excercise challenge is AWESOME! Yesterday i did 45/150. I did Taebo, so i guess its a little bit of everything! Well i can't stay on long gotta go run some errands! See you tomorrow at wiegh in. Good Luck to EVERYONE! I hope everyone has a GREAT night!

Welcome you will really enjoy the Slimmin SAHMmies! We are all here for ya!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #146  

Default s

Alisha - So glad to hear from ya! Good for you! Do you like the tae bo stuff? Does it work? I am looking for something to change up my routine. Any advice ya have would help!!

Cindy - hope that you are doing ok and are still exercising.

And to all - 1fattychick, Jenny, Lara, Andrea, Rikki and all the others - I really wish all the best in your weight loss journey.

take care all
carafre
Old 10-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #147  

Sorry I have been MIA, I am doing better than I have, I am almost back to the weight I was before surgery. I think I am going to hit the gym today for some weight training.
AFWjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #148  
Mommy9802

CareFre: Taebo is hard when you first start, but then it gets easier. I actually have the old tape which i think is the first one, i want to get the new one which is the bootcamp workout. It really works you out, and you loose inches fast, or atleast i do. What excercise routine do you do?

Ladies i have a confession, i have been bad this week with my dieting....i have not dieted at all, but i am happy to say that i have not gained a single pound and i have lost more inches, so all and all i am not too disappointed in myself. I hope everyone has a great way in!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend EVERYONE!!

Good Luck

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #149  

Default hi

Jenny - So glad to hear from you , girl! I am SO glad that you are getting better.

Alisha - Thanks! I am going today to get the video. It can't hurt anything!! I haven't done so great w/ my eating either! I am here and back on track. I haven't done any more minutes yet! I think I am still @ 40/150. I plan on racking some up today.

Cindy B - Where are you? Best wishes ...

carafre
Old 10-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I'm glad i stumbled upon this thread I am a happily married SAHM to 2 beautiful kids, Christian 6, and Haleigh 5. I just really got serious about losing weight in August after I had a miscarriage. I desperately want to have another baby, but I want to be absolutely certain that I am in a great level of health and fitness before I try again. I have steadily gained weight since high school (I weighed 155 lbs then) I hit my all time high of 245 in the months that followed my daughters preterm birth and subsequent month in the NICU. I did alot of emotional eating during that time... I then gradually got down to about 220, and after the m/c in Aug. I weighed 218.6lbs.

I have been diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism and currently take 100mcg of Levothyroxine daily. I have started watching (very closely) what goes in my mouth. I cut out regular sodas, and am just making better choices in general. I have lost 4lbs in the last week, mostly water I am sure, but I'm not picky, LOL. I have been drinking tons of water it seems like

Hope you all have a great day...Sorry about the novel
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote