Old 09-16-2005, 09:36 AM   #61  

I had a good lose but I still feel fat. Its ridiculous, when I weighed 140 pound before my DD's, I felt like a pig. I wish I was 160 now. That would make me happy.

Today should be a good day. Doing a toy purge (wish me luck).....

Have a good day Ladies!!
AFWjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #62  
Mommy9802

Default Good Morning To All

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today! I am doing ok i guess. I am happy to report that i have lost another 2 pounds so that makes my total weight loss for the week 4 pounds! Not bad. I think it could of been more, but last night was not a good night for me, i went out for pizza! *I know* I am really disappointed in myself, but i guess you do have to treat yourself once in awhile, right? And to top it all off i didn't do my excercises. It was just one of those days yesterday. So i probaly gained water wieght. Anyways i am back on track today and plan on staying on.....but then i know i will have to break it a little cause my son 7th birthday is in a couple of days, and i can not "not" eat a piece of his cake. You know? Well even though i am a little disappointed with last night, i think overall for the week i did pretty good. So good luck ladies. And just remember one day at a time. And hopefully for all of us, with the help of friends like everyone in the Slimmin SAHMmies group we can continue to become healthy again! Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

Alchina:
I have only been doing Taebo since Monday of this week. Its the original Taebo tape, i think the first one! But it still works, my clothes are getting looser. And i SURE do work up a sweat Which Taebo do you do? Have a good day!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #63  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default The big Saturday WI

Good morning, ladies. Well, it could have been worse. I lost 2 pounds and I think that's wonderful considering how badly I felt I ate all week. But the saving grace was I kept doing my cardio every day. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say one scale said I only lost 1 pound and the other said I lost 2. I am going with the second scale, so now I've completed my first mini-goal! My reward is a shopping spree, and I think I'll get a bunch of exercise outfits and new bras. I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but it is to me as I HATE shopping for clothes, and I don't think I'll hate this.

Jenny: How did the toy purge go? I made a rule when my son was born that every year around his birthday we would purge toys and donate them, that way he wouldn't end up with tons and tons of toys he didn't play with anymore. I've already done it for his first birthday, but it was easy since he's so young he didn't even notice. I'm sure it will get tougher as he gets older!

Alisha: Congrats on the loss! 2-4 pounds a week is enough to lose, any more and you're losing too fast and not as likely to keep it off. Good job!

Have a great weekend, ladies. I'll check in later, but for now have to finish cleaning the house. There are people coming to look at it (to buy) this afternoon and I have to take myself, my son, and 3 of my most outgoing cats out of here for an hour. Should be interesting!

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #64  

Default One more thing

Has anyone tried that Kashi Go Lean Crunch? I'm eating it for the first time as we speak. I feel like I'm losing as many calories as I'm taking in, because it takes forever to chew! And it doesn't really taste as bad as tree bark, but it's close. But it's supposed to be healthy, so I'll keep eating it. Hopefully it will fill me up so I won't feel like snacking later.

Cindy
Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #65  

Cynthia... Have you tried mixing the Kashi with Yogurt, I do that with alot of cereals, softens then and makes them platable!

I am here, gave up on the toy purge but hopefully this weekend it will get finished!!

My DH is getting on my nerves so I cannot wait to go to work!!1
Old 09-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Wi

Hello all!! - Jenny, good for you! I am happy for ya! Keep up the good work!

Alisha - Four pounds is a lot! You are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you guys.

Cindy - two pounds gone, cardio everyday! That is wonderful. Shop away and remember that even though you plan on buying exercise clothes, it's the reward for hard work. Such an accomplishment!

I haven't lost any this week - I might have gained a pound. I am not sure. I forgot to weigh until tonight, after dinner (pizza). I had two down days. I felt like I wanted to eat all of the time. I didn't do as bad as I make it sound. But I feel defeated, having not yet reached 199. I've worked out everyday except one. We'll see. I send the best out to each of you and let's all have a great week and keep going. One day at a time.

take care
carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #67  

Carafre: You didn't gain; you lost 2 pounds when you weighed earlier this week, didn't you? So it's still a good week for you! But I know what you mean about wanting to eat all the time. I had pizza too, last night, and someone else on this thread recently mentioned ordering pizza. We must all be having the same kind of week! But working out everyday except one, like you said you did, is great! That in itself is an accomplishment. I think some weeks we're going to find that, no matter how well we do, we're not always going to lose as much as we want. And then other weeks we'll be pleasantly surprised with a bigger loss than we expected. Keep your chin up!

Cindy
Old 09-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #68  

Default I know...

Thanks for the encouragement. I think you are right, Cindy. Some weeks are going to be great and others ok. The key is to stay focused and not give up. I wish all the best for this week.
take care carafre
Old 09-19-2005, 05:24 AM   #69  

I had another Gallbladder attack today. (well two of them) This alone is enough to make me terrified to eat anything bad!! I hope I can get in with the surgeon too. Not sure on weight, and dont really care right now. I am still in alot of pain. I hope everyone has a good morning!!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #70  

Jenny: That's horrible! I hope you're feeling a little better by now and that the doctor sees you soon. Take care of yourself, I'll send positive thoughts your way.

Cindy
Old 09-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #71  

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I was wondering , when you snack what is your favorite thing to snack on? I am trying to make my snacks as healthy as possible!! I am feeling better today. Just groggy from the pain medication. I wish my husband had stayed home. Two kids seem like to much to handle today!! Well wish me luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #72  

Default here for ya

Jenny - I am so sorry that you are in pain. I remember when my mother had gall bladder surgery. She was in so much pain. I can't believe that you are taking care of the kids also! My mom couldn't move. I am sending you best wishes to recover soon. We are here for you.
take care
carafre
Old 09-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #73  

Cool Hello

A big hey to all the Slimmin SHAMmies! I'm Angelia a SHAM of 2 kids ages 7 and 5. In school all day(YEAH!) So now I feel I have the time to devote to me and my weight loss goal. I'm 33, live in Owensboro, KY, am an aspring writer. I have started a novel, just not finished yet. Any who, hope to see and talk to everyone on here.
pixkieangel@adelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #74  

Default hello

Welcome! So nice to meet ya! I am also a writer & poet! - There are so many wonderful ladies to meet. I can tell you that the support is tremedous. I've lost lbs. and gained friends! What a deal!
I am a SAHM to Riley (three) and Talon (one). I have trouble finding time to exercise. Somehow I have managed to exercise everyday, except one, for the last two weeks. That is amazing for me.
Happy to have you w/ us on our journey.
take care
carafre

P.S. CONGRATS on your loss of 2 pounds!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #75  

Default Now...

I just wanted to report that I finally did it - 199 as of this a.m.. It's been a very long time... I am so proud and so scared at the same time. Anyone ever feel like that? I don't even know where the "scared" feeling is coming from. I can actually see some changes in my body. I was so pumped and excited this a.m.. Now I feel that icky need to eat, eat and eat. I will not give in this time. I just wondered if anyone else feels the same. I am off to exercise! I hope to hear from ya'll.
carafre