Old 09-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #16  

Welcome Alisha!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #17  
Proud Navy Wife

Smile My Intro

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tricia and I am a SAHM to 4 kids, DD 9, DS 6, DS 3, DD 1. My husband is in the Navy and we are currently in San Diego. I homeschool my two oldest and I also just became a Representative with Avon. So as you can imagine, I'm pretty busy.

I have about 60 pounds to lose. I am planning on trying Body for Life again. I've always had good results but I can never stick to it. I think my biggest problem is my eating out. I do it way too much, especially when my hubby is gone, which he is right now. It just seems easier to go grab something to eat than rather try to cook with little ones running around. I guess that's about it as far as the intro goes.

I'm really glad this thread is here now. Being a SAHM makes the battle with weight really hard. You are home all day and food is always available and it is so easy to just sit and do nothing when you don't have anywhere to go....at least for me. Well I better get, I need to get the kiddos to bed so I can have a little P&Q. Bye for now.
lovingmysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #18  

Hi & welcome!!

I agree that being a SAHM makes it hard to loose.... I always feel like I should be cleaning or doing something w/ the kids instead of working out. And then when they eat snacks I often sneak a bite or two trying not to tho!!
loosinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #19  
dog Mom to Karma

Hi Alisha - We have the same goal weight. You lost 9 pounds in about 2 weeks, what a great start. That is really motivating. I have to focus on shorter term goals like losing the 1st 10% because my goal weight seems so far away at times.

I totally did not exercise when my son, now 10, was small, I could never find the time. I consider it a success that he and I both survived his colick, ear infections, terrible twos and threes, tantrums, clinging etc. Fortunately, in between each episode, he was the sweetest little angel. I hope some other moms can give some practical ideas.

Hi Andrea - Congrats on losing 60 lbs. That's great. And 20 more pounds by thanksgivingday, you go girl! Can I join you in your (mega) Mini Goal? Losing 20 pounds in 9 or 10 weeks would be a very serious, but realistic push for me. I better get off my butt and get to the gym, NikeRunning has me doing 5 miles on the treadmill today but it wont happen unless I put away the Guiltless (yeah right) Gourmet Black Bean chips, brush the crumbs off the keyboard, and get to the gym.

Nice to hear from you all - Lara
karmasdogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Checking in

Good evening, everyone! I was feeling very unmotivated today. After an exercise-free weekend, I felt like a slug and had no energy. I really had to force myself to go into the garage and address the Bowflex machine. But I did it, and I feel much better. Also did my cardio this afternoon and took my son for a walk this evening. It's amazing how much better you can feel after exercising. Must get some sort of hormone or endorphin flowing (what do I know, I'm no doctor!).

I was wondering if anyone could share some snack ideas. At night I get really snacky and want to eat, eat, eat. Lately I've been drinking a ton of tea and it sort of helps, but then I'm in the bathroom all night long because of the caffeine. I like popcorn but not the microwave kind; I cook it the old-fashioned way, in oil, which I'm sure isn't good. Yes, I have the mini carrots on-hand all the time but I usually have them for lunch and don't feel like having them in the evening. I'm just out of ideas for a healthy yet satisfying snack. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #21  

Hello everyone! So glad to see we haev some new gals that are joining us here! Welcome one and all!
Cindy I like you did no exercise over the weekend. I also was not the best food wise either. But today I was back on track 100%. For snacks I like to have fat free frozen yogurt, cheese stick, celery with reduced fat PB, or if I need something crunchy, maybe pretzels or dry cereal. Hope this helps!
PJ
SicknTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #22  

Hi Lara! Did you make it to the gym? How long does 5 miles take you to do on the treadmill?

Becca
I know what you mean about always should be doing something else besides exercising. For now I am just trying to get soem walking in. I will take the kids with me sometimes. The house work will always be there for me when I get back.
As for their snacks, yes it is hard not to munch on them. I try to have better snacks in the house, like pretzels, goldfish, reduced fat cookies or just stuff that I don't like. Now i am trying to write everything down that I eat to make me accountable for it. All those little bits add up!!
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #23  

Hi Tricia and welcome! WOw you are busy! Is it ahrd to homeschool the 2 children while the younger two are home? You sound like you have very full days! I hope yoru lil one sleeps through the night for you!
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #24  

Hello all!

Cindy--I am with you--I feel very unmotivated now that I am out of habit on the exercise thing. I just didn't feel like it! :-) I need to get my but moving. I did see myself in the mirror tonight and was SHOCKED at how big I looked. :-(

Snack ideas?? I do love popcorn, which you mentioned. Otherwise, chips and fresh salsa or fat free pretzels with honey mustard.

Later...Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #25  

Hi Andrea and welcome. I am worried about my older daughter as well. I don't want her to follow in my footsteps eating wise. In school last year she did study the food pyramid and what she should be eating so we try to use that as guidelines. I tell her only one snack a day. I try to get her out and active. I don't want her to lead a sedentery life style. Even if we just walk up the hill and back, at least it is something. The doc tells me not to worry about her lack of fruits and veggies in her diet, but to keep trying to introduce them to her. What I am doing as well, is usinga juicer and adding some veggie juice to her 100% fruit juices. Also I will add that to my baking as well. I will take a cake mix, add apple sauce for the oil and carrot juice and any otehr fruit juice for the water. I will add egg whites as well and bake. It doesn't taste the same as regular cake, but she eats it. I am hoping that when she gets older she will eat a more balanced diet.
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Hi ya!

I know how you feel! I think the reason I am still exercising alot is because I LOVE how I feel afterward. My husband says that it is endorphins that are released during exercise. Good for you, getting some time on the bowflex and walking. If I feel like I don't want to exercise, I 'll make myself atleast put my shoes on and do five minutes of whatever! Usually I end up finishing my routine.

As far as snack ideas, the only thing I would suggest is protein/fiber of some sort. Like an ounce or two of cheese, light, whole wheat/grain toast, or a banana (small). I miss my evening snack the most. I don't eat after 7:30 p.m.. That was so hard for me. I am (was) a night snacker for a long time. But I read somewhere that if you can't do anything else - atleast stop eating 3 hours before bed. I have dinner about 5/6 then we walk. After walking I have a snack - whatever i feel like eating. Usually a fruit smoothie w/flaxseed meal. I know that sounds weird, but it tastes so good! My mom says I am crazy. She will never (said w/ extreme emphasis on never) ever give up her icecream & popcorn snack before bed!!

Didn't mean to post so much - can you tell I have no friends? LOL! Hope I helped some!
Take care
carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #27  

Cindy
You have 9 cats?? YIKES!! That is a lot of cats! I wish we could have a pet, besides fish. I am highly allergic to cats and I don't think I can handle a dog right now. Down the road though, I am getting me a dog!
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #28  

Lara
Wow you are doing great with your exercising! Half a marathon!! WOW! Great job with the Wendie plan.. I have heard of it, but never did it with WW. I don't think I was on WW long enough......Keep doing what you are doing.
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #29  

Becca
I know what you mean about wanting to have another baby. Youa re so young though so you have plenty of time. My hubby and I want to have more. Well he wants 2-3 more. I say go for one more, 2 or 3, I am not sure. I am not ready yet to have another baby. I know I can go back to the RE and take CLomid, but if I get pregnant with triplets again........OY VEY! LOL I need to get to a better healthier weight. I can't be on bed rest as I was on my past 2 pregnancies with 4 little ones running around.
PJ
Old 09-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #30  

Carafre
I am sorry about your m/c. I know your pain.
{{HUGS}}
PJ