Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #181  

Height: 5'1"

Talking So glad to be back!

I'm glad to be back! I need a challenge! You should've PM'd me and I would have come running! You know I like a challenge!

I'll have to go back and read the revisions, make sure I'm on track and all. Also need to read all the others post so I can get to know all the members! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ok, I need to get ready for work.

I'll post my day one tomorrow, since today is still running for me! Take Care!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #182  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day # 4: got in over 100 oz water and 45 min at the gym!!

u guys were right it does get easier gettin the water in... but geez do ya ever run to the ladies room. i also have stayed away from the diet sodas for 4 days!!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #183  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I am going to whack myself as soon as I finish this post...

Sushi, on the way home from the gym: "Hungry a bit... finish the 5 baby carrots from lunch, take my iron, and have a tomato/parsley/onion salad."

Sushi, arriving home: "Hey hi sweet, apologies for being late, I remembered about the 10 mins. on the treadmill I promised myself to do. Didn't think it would take me so long to get back, that's why I didn't call."
Sushi, washing her hands and responding to whatever bf said about some way of doing the chicken: "Sure, I'll try it. Hold on, it's 6:45, gotta have my food fast... would you like some orange?"
Sushi cuts up the orange into 4 pieces, eats one standing, pours the iron stuff onto a spoon, closes her eyes and swallows the yucky stuff. "Oh, I didn't have the apple at lunch, I'll eat it now with the carrots..."

Like I said, carrots don't count... my tomato salad got lost...

I guess I'm restarting tomorrow...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #184  

Marti, quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did, and also the thing I'm most proud of. It is SO worth it. Don't give up!

Red, just wait a few years and you'll be lying in a pool of sweat at night even in winter. I decided tonight it was just too hot, so I squeezed on a swimsuit and drove off to the lake for a quick swim. The water was lovely - I'd probably still be there (slight exaggeration) except there was a thunderstorm brewing. Tomorrow I'm going to a friend who has access to a private lake, so I'll get lots of swimming in. I just hope I don't burst the seams of the suit... Until about a year ago I had never been over 185, and 2 years before that I'd never been over 170 (and so on, and so on), so I find this amount of excess weight hard to deal with. But I'm not obsessing, and I'm very pleased that I'm losing at last, bit by bit. The challenge really does help.

Just FYI, the Humidex is the perceived temperature, taking into account temperature and humidity. (In winter, we have the joy of the wind chill factor, which is almost as much fun.)

Sushi, is it possible the goals you're setting are just too hard? A challenge is great, but if it's impossible to achieve, it'll just bring you down. By the way, thanks for the link to Flyday. I'm going to clean my sink tonight.

Right now I'm trying to decide if two Nature Valley crunchy PB granola bars should go into the candy bar category. What do you all think? Do I need to start over or call this my free day?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #185  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up granola bars get a shruggin' nod....

Just a quickie for carla. You know, I think you're okay with the granola bars. I wouldn't consider them candy bars. But, I would be careful not to eat them often. They are 190 cals. each, full of simple sugars and only a couple grams of fiber. They're not much good for a healthy eating program but I think they're a far cry from a chocolate bar. Roll on, baby!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-04-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Day 4 - Used Activity Pts. Stayed in my allowed points
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #187  

Default Thursday Night Report

Just a quickie - nursing a sore back - finishing the day under points and drinking last 24 oz of water. Day #2!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #188  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

No, they're not too hard. Just keep on running into trouble!
First I couldn't meet my bedtime goal because of taking a nap, that was my fault. The power outage yesterday I couldn't do anything about. But forgetting about the tomato 5 minutes after having decided to eat it is my fault as well. I'll be ok though.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #189  

Thanks Red, I agree, not to be eaten too often. They were on special, I forgot to take real food with when I headed for the lake, and then I enjoyed the first one so much... My total intake for the day is still pretty good, even tho I probably shouldn't have bought the Kashi GoLean Crunch at Costco. Yum.

Mscat, sorry to hear about the sore back, but glad to hear the challenge is on track.

It is SO hot here, and so humid. The humidex was 110 degrees Fahreheit, and we are so not used to that, especially for such a long period. Some posters, maybe from Texas, have talked about the heat index. Is that the same as Humidex? No trouble getting all the water down in this heat!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:13 AM   #190  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up Day 12 on SBD almost over . . .

Marti-Very nice to meet you! Yip-Cold Turkey-the only way.
Curly-day 4-so glad it is getting easier for you!
Sushi-awe man, do-over. great mini drama though!
Carla-swimsuit-big step-you go girl!
Mez-keep on movin on!
Mscat-so sorry about your back-can empathize. Take it slow.
Red-Still hanging onto that free day-awesome!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #191  
On My Way...

OK....done round 2! Onto round 3...

During this round I will be in Old Orchard beach, Maine for a week (the 13th-20th) so don't worry that I don't post that week. I will not be near a computer! However, because I will be on vacation on a beach daily, it's going to be importnat to up my water intake, so that will be my challenge this go-around.

I did some research and found I should be taking in at least 110oz of water (is that right...it seems like a lot)! Aw well, I will shoot for 80 oz a day to meet goal. If I go over, great, but I will be happy getting at least 80oz in!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #192  

jkg, congrats on completing round 2!!!! And enjoy your vacation - don't forget the sun screen.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #193  

Height: 5'1"

Smile One

!!!TA DA!!!!

Day one done and completed w/no cravings or stressful times. Not even a "witchy" attitude! Can't get any better than that now can it??

Oh, but it can.....instead of sitting on my breaks stuffing my face at work, I went to the gym and worked out!

So, I'm tackling two tough things as I'm doing this.

Curly--Getting in more water is SUCH a great thing. You're going to notice little changes in your body such as your skin and hair looking more hydrated. And of coarse there is the side effects of having to pee every 15mins. But that WILL subside! So keep up the great work!

Sushi--Don't worry so much about restarting. It's ok and we all probably have. I had to restart many time before while doing this challenge in the past. Just remember, that if you see yourself restarting more than you want, then it's time to fine tune the challenge and make it work for ya. Good luck on day one! BTW....what is your challenge?

Carla--I'm w/Red, I wouldn't consider them a candy bar,.....but do be careful as they can be addicting!

JKG--Congrats on getting through a round!! Enjoy your time on the beach and good luck w/getting the water down. 110oz is a lot of water, but I hear it can be done. 80oz. is a better aim to go for....but if you actually hit that 110, well then hurray for you!

Mscat--Hi again! Just realized you were posting here! How have you been? I'm sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. Hope you heal quickly!

1nce--I think Cold Turkey is how it's going to happen! So what is your challenge and how are you doing?

Red--Are you doing a no sugar challenge? Or is it something different?

I'm sure there are probably more of you out there and I'm sorry if I didn't get your all. I only scrolled down to my last post. But I will eventually meet you all.

Good Luck on today! I'm off to read more of your post.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #194  

Hi all - just a quick post to say that I have made it through day 17, and doing great on day 18.

I'm super tired, and feeling kind of yucky - I will be back to post more later.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #195  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation Still on Day 7.....note rule change!!!

Morning, all. I had to take a free day (one of my two) yesterday because I didn't do any cleaning. Was out early to the gym and home too late. It's a shame, because I have a double challenge, which means I should have eaten sugar too if I was going to blow it with the cleaning.....nah!...that's stupid thinking. The sugar is more important anyhow and I should be glad to be off the stuff!

RULE CHANGE!!!!

Now, I am implementing a challenge rule change. This is it!! Free days are to be PAUSES in the counting, not replacements for days. This way, you will still be doing 21 days of challenge, no matter what. It also means there is a bonus for NOT taking your free days. Since they don't carry over, it seems a shame not to use them, but this way, if you don't use them it means you get your challenge over faster. This adds up if you have like three or more free days. OK!! Everyone?! Got that?!!

So, since yesterday was my Day 7, but I had to take a free day or go back to Start (and I'm taking the free day) I am STILL on Day 7 today. It's a Groundhog Day kind of thing!

Oh, yes, and one more thing, I am psyched. The fat on my thighs feels looser and grosser, which is actually a good thing because it means it's moving around and probably thinking about disappearing or has disappeared and the skin is still hanging there going, yeah, what's all the room about here?!!? Still, it's hard to gauge things because it is so hard wriggling in to pants when you're soaked in sweat. Ugh!! Yesterday at the office, though, where there is a/c I think I did definitely notice things to be looser. And yesterday morning I did a major thing. Instead of eating my big oatmeal breakfast and then going to the gym, I packed it into a lunch box and took it with me and ate it AFTER the gym. So, instead of just wearing off my breakfast, I was wearing off some fat! I really felt tired after that but I know this is what I have to do more of? Wish me luck!!

dkkrf -- Good for you! You're almost there! Hope you feel better. :

marti -- Wow, a smooth Day 1. If you can do that, it will only become easier, at least physically. However, that said, you may get a cold or something as the body works out the gunk that has built up inside you. I did and it pissed me off because it was like, I'm trying to get healthy and I'm getting sick for trying, but again, that is stupid thinking. I was getting healthy and the body was having to deal with the withdrawal and all. Good luck! And yes, I am doing a sugar challenge but also a behavioral, counter-procrastination thing involving cleaning some part of my living abode, cleaning, organizing, whatever. My place is a disaster. I despise cleaning. But this place also depresses me and is a block to doing things, can't have people in, have no room to exercise, it's a weight around me, like the fat around my belly. I feel working on this will also free me up emotionally and help me get my eating and exercise habits in order.

jkg -- Heh, I think I missed your completing your challenge! Congratulations!! Great balls of fire!!!! You have done it!! A wallop on the back to you!! Have fun at the beach and, yes, you should be drinking extra water. It is very important when you're out in the sun. 110 oz. is about 3 liters. It is a lot but I easily go through that in a day, especially now when I'm sweating all the time. I probably drink 5 liters. I also drink ice water all the time to cool me down. Good luck!

1nceagain -- How did Day 12 go? Did you get through it okay? I hope so!

carla -- You too. How did the day pan out? I hope you got through okay. What is your challenge again? Calorie limit? Hope to hear from you soon!

Sushi -- What a bummer having to start over, but yeah, it's no big thing. What happened to your salad? It seemed like it was right there within reach, then...oops!! No salad. Very strange. Yes, I'm very leery about fine tuning challenges. When you decide on it you should be very realistic and then stick with it. This is why it's a challenge. They are supposed to be hard. But the thing itself is not necessarily hard. Just hard for you to do consistently. And that's what habits are all about. Once you get into it, make it one, it comes easy. It doesn't mean it is actually an easy thing in itself, it's the doing it that becomes easy. For you, obviously, eating vegetables is not an easy thing, but it's certainly not a hard thing in itself. You can do this! Sushi, come on, plan a little bit and execute the plan! Good luck and I am behind you! As a vegetarian, I say, more power to the veggies!!!

mscat -- Ouch. Hope your back gets better soon. Good going on Day 2.

mez -- for you. You're doing fantastic!

curly -- Double challenger, you! Look at you go! Excellent stuff! And staying away from those sodas. That is awesome! Keep it up!

Caro, Java, Trixi, gray, Legal, happy, Apple, where are you?!?!?! Come back!!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-05-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Closed Thread