Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #31  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up whatever it takes!!!

That's great! Brunette! What great support you have. I'm so happy for you and Day 3 will be a breeze I'm sure! Good luck!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #32  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Evening ladies, excuse me for being selfish tonight but I had the most rotten day of the year today. It started as soon as I opened my eyes today and it carried on all throughout the day. One of those days when you wonder "why do we bother?"

In spite of things, I did not take it out on food and more importantly, I was so ticked off at one point that I went and bought a pack of cigarettes. (I quit smoking over a year ago in April). I am happy to report that not only did I not smoke a cigarette, I didn't even open the pack. So even tho I didn't get in my exercise - well actually I took off and walked off my anger in a store - I'm considering avoiding the cigs a major victory so I'm keeping my counter at 2 today. The good thing about days like today is that tomorrow is (hopefully) a new day.

Congrats Red on fitting into those skinny jeans and the loss on the measuring tape. I think you really needed that kind of a victory and you certainly EARNED it. Yay for you!

Sorry, I do have to run, will try and be back tomorrow in a better mood.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #33  
Never give up

Cool when the going gets tough....

Ouch, happy! Sounds like a devil of a day! But, what resolve! You were outstanding. Very inspiring stuff, you! Not taking it out on food or cigs! Way to go! Well, hope you feel better tomorrow and thanks so much for the words of congratulations on my body change! You bet I needed it. It's been so long since I've had any positive reinforcement and I have been in tears lately for the lack of it. But now I feel like I can carry on, second wind and all that! Hurrah!

Oh, and your snapdragon quote really gave me a chuckle! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #34  
The one called Physh

Red face can I go to bed now?

Well,
It is 7:30pm on the end of day 3. I have eaten everything I was supposed to eat and I am still hungry. I am tempted to go to bed just to keep from slipping. I wanted so bad to get on the scale today, but I didnt. I look back through the posts and they give me strength. Some of you have had some amazing progress and are still going strong. I am a wuss. It's only day 3. I am not a head-achey person, but I think I am getting those low carb headaches I hear about. I have had one the last two nights.

Curly-day 16. That is awesome. You are so-so close to your mini goal. I know you can do it! I hear ya about the pictures though. I hate my picture taken. I look much better in my head! Close your eyes-try it. Visualize it. We will get there.

Gray-wow. How do you stick with it? Any helpful hints? You did awesome on your exerxise today!

Caro-ready for another round? Have you picked your next challenge yet?

Mscat-On to day 3 today! Great work on the bonus goal.

Carla-amazing willpower. Man, what I would give for a glass of wine right now. My husband bought this cool fold-out bar recently and its fully stocked now. I need a padlock-that would be good. I think I get wine on phase 2 of SBD-still 11 days away.

LB-so wonderful to have a partner to spur you on. 0-2.5miles!!!!!!

Happy-I'm sorry your not right now. Tomorrow is almost here with a fresh start for you. You handled it so well.

Red-Thanks for all of the wonderful support. did you pick a challenge yet?

I will close for now. I will push throuh for another couple of hours. Drink some water and maybe watch a DVD. I'll catch up later.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #35  
On My Way...

I am through day 13....still chuuging along eating tons of fruits! I'de forgotten how much I liked them, now I can't seem to get enough! Especially banana! YUM!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #36  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Cool Ya'll sitting down?

I did five miles on the outdoor track last night. I "Jo-wuffled" FIVE MILES! It took me a sad two hours. I still can't believe I did that for two hours, but I did. I also did a half hearted two mile WATP before work yesterday, and stayed on program with food and water. When I got home, I put the garbage out (doing litter boxes and all) and didn't get to sleep until 0300! And unfortunately, I was awake and up between 0800 and 0900 because it was just too hot to stay in bed. I went right outside and cut the hedge before I had time to whine about or decide I was too tired or sore. Today is day three (I think) and I see no reason it'll go sour. I had to give my coworker all my money to hold all day to keep me from the pretzels, but it worked. Tonight is weight lifting.

I'll address you all from work. I'm sorry I've neglected you all. I'm forever thankful for you AND this site.

Oops! Checked the calendar (something I should do BEFORE posting) and today is only Day #2, but I'm not worried. It's looking good for today.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 07-27-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #37  

Day 2 down.. excersize in.. calories perfect..
Day 3
Half hour walk this morning + 15 minutes resistance bands..
Scale showed a 4 lb. loss this morning after stalling last week!! Boy that gives me incentive.. 1 more lb and I'll hit 30!!
So I'm planning on walking again tonight.. want to get that one more pound off before the end of July!!
Yeah!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

JavaTurtle - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

5 MILES! 2 HOURS! That's incredible, amazing, stupendous! Whoo hoo...

Old 07-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #39  
I CAN do this!

Java, 5 miles?!!? YAY!! CONGRATS!! I wish we had a track near-by, I'd probably walk there a lot more!

Day 3 was so easy! I did an hour of cardio at the gym!! Followed by a nice long sit in my hottub here at home! Now I'm debating a nice long nap
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #40  

Seeing all your exercise posts makes me feel a little guilty about my easy goals. For some reason I'm not really missing wine and candy bars right now, so maybe after week 1 I'll add an exercise goal. By then all the cat adoption excitement will have died down, and I'll have no more excuses. (I do admit that I've decided not to go to a cottage where I always drink "a whole flock of wine" - quote from The Philadelphia Story.) So I'm not all THAT sure of my will power...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #41  
I CAN do this!

Carla, you're goal sounds just fine!! I almost died when I gave up wine and chocolate!! (I am a HUGE fan of both, and used to enjoy them almost daily!) So don't worry about "easy sounding" goals! We all have our own hills to climb!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #42  
Never give up

Smile It's Day 3 of something....

Good morning, everyone! I am up. It is early. I have to get out but there were so many posts I thought I'd catch up now while I'm ingesting coffee and trying to wake up. I have kind of decided on my goal for this challenge and I will tell you later. I have done all the things I could think of doing for a challenge for the past two days just so I could keep going without really having declared it. Is that funny or what? I think I do better without commitment! Always have been the contrary sort, they tell me!

1nceagain -- Good for you! I know the feeling, wanting to get to bed so you won't screw up the challenge! Headaches are no fun! Yes, stay off the scale! Do NOT measure your effort by the scale. It is so, so dangerous! You say it's "only" Day 3 but the first week is the hardest in many ways. Not to say the other weeks are easy, but the early days have no momentum and after about three days, with me at least, the initial gung-ho initial enthusiasm fades. Hang in there! You can and are doing this!! And, thanks for the thanks. Thank you as well for your great supportive post to everyone!

jkg -- Excellent going! Fruity tooty! Oh, isn't summer just the best time for fruit too. I love it, just finished off a bunch of watermelon last night. Yum! Good luck!!

Java -- !!! You rock!! Now we know why the turtle won the race! There's no keeping you down. Pull the rug out from under you and you're back up!! I am SO proud of you! And I bet you're winning tons of respect from your officers. Planning with the money and the pretzels! Keep it up. You are awesome!!

dona -- to you too! And congratulations on the weight loss! It's so nice when we see results from our efforts. Remember these times and use them to get through the times when things look bleak. Have a good walk!

happy -- Hope you're feeling better!

Brunettte -- An HOUR of cardio! WOW!! Oo, and the hot tub sounds wonderful. Excellent work!

carla -- You are doing fine! What do you mean, you're not really missing wine and candy. Just a few posts before and you were saying how much you wanted them! Don't compare to others' goals and don't belittle your own! I'm with Brunette when I say, your goals are very challenging! Besides, you can't change your challenge partway through, I, the official rule maker, say!! You hang in there, wine and chocolate bars are tough! You're doing great, so keep it up and give yourself a big pat on the back!

Old 07-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #43  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

dang turtle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that makes me tired just readin it... 5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #44  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Day 1 was a success.
Day 2 is a 50% success already, now I just need to get to bed in time (any tips for falling asleep?)

Red, you asked what's with the sushi.... well, me loves my sushi ...and penguins as well

It's so cool to read what everyone else's challenges are - very inspiring and motivating. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #45  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up Hump day for me. . .

Still on track! Not one deviation from the SBD. I couldn't get to the gym yet. I had to get up early to call a realtor. The later in the day, the harder it will be to drag my butt there. I think I will wait until 2pm now so I can catch Opra. English tv is a good incentive!

Sushi-if you can make yourself get to bed, try this. . .
Starting with your feet and working your way up to your face, tense and hold each muscle group for 5 seconds, then go through again and stretch each area, It doesn't always work, but sometimes it helps me find those little areas of tension that are keeping me awake.

I will check back in after my workout!
Closed Thread