Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:37 PM   #121  
I CAN do this!

oh my! I forgot!! Day 8, done Adn today was the day Iw as worried about! I almost skipped thinking "Who'd know it?" But then I thought some more... I'd know I skipped...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:40 PM   #122  

Default Go Curly!

Congratulations Curlylocks! You Rock!

mscat
Old 07-31-2005, 11:53 PM   #123  
The one called Physh

Default my banana won't dance

did I say hat out loud?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Day 4, done! It's late here, so I'll do individual replies and a more interesting post tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 AM   #125  

Hello! Because I miss you so much, RED and because LEGAL you are inspiring!! (Over on the basics thread) I am going to jump in on this 21 day challenge. Now my usual problem is a daily beer I seem to need, but I KNOW I will fail that one because I'm going to be hanging out with my brothers in a little more than a week and that involves beer, no way around it. So my challenge will be to resist temptation at least once a day. And I'lll post the temptaion daily. This actually sounds like it might be fun. I'd like to include an exercise challenge too, but that would be tough while I'm away. Next one, 3 weeks from now!
I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #126  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up Day 3 in the bag!

Hello all you challengers! Ok, I did it. The cleaning, like 1nceagin said, just a bit. Tonight I didn't worry about finishing one specific thing or area, because that would take too long. I just did one area for about 15 mins and see that, yes, it does make a difference. I wrote the rest of this post before I did that and now am going to send it off since I have wrapped up my day, I think it was Day 3. Yes, it was. I made a mistake this morning, called it Day 4, but it was only 3 since I had to start over on Saturday. I went back and fixed the earlier post. .... And I didn't have sugar. And though, exercise is not part of this challenge, I got to the gym and only did cardio, 5 K of jogging. I've just been hitting the weights and leaving the cardio. Though I walk and cycle and ride, I think, as mscat says, am just going to have to raise that bar and raise that metabolism by getting the heart up and keeping it up. I also ate well, a huge salad and also two meals of whey protein. I'm trying to get more protein in and am seeing that it really does stop the hunger. I also had fresh fruit. So, it was a tough day, but a good one. Thank you all for being here. I couldn't have done it without you!

mscat -- Hope you got started again. Too bad about the foods you forgot. I can do that easily! Thanks for the encouragement. My life is very irregular and this was the reason for the weight gain, much of it. If I had a routine, both exercise and food things would be easier. Still, I have to get this weight off and that is going to take increased effort. I know. Also, inconsistency takes its toll with me. But I will definitely keep your words in mind because I know I'm going to have to raise the bar. There's just no way around it!

1nceagain -- Glad you were enjoying your day. But, I hope you were able to get to the gym. Your husband is away now, isn't he? Is that the empty nest you speak of, or your son? Try to make new friends. I know it's tough where you are, but just maybe... And congrats on sticking to the plan! You will soon be into Phase 2, no? And, thank you too, for the encouragement. I had another cold day at work, surrounded by schoolboyish men...sigh...but reading your words makes me feel better.

carla -- You're a sweetie! I'm glad to be your favorite cheerleader. But, sometimes I need cheering too. Glad to see mscat back too. Java's down too. But, we'll bounce back, I'm sure! Tell me, what was this something you were looking to do today? Was that the cleaning bit? No need to blush when you're talking to me, the biggest non-cleaner of all time! for getting to Day 7. How did it go today?

curly -- And curly!! There you did it again, you are really showing us up! That's two whole rounds! Fantastic, awesome and yes, we'll have to start worshipping at your feet! Like this, right???.....

No, really, great going, kid!

Brunette -- Excellent going on Day 8!! But, I'm confused, what did you almost skip? Maybe this is an expression I don't know, do you mean cheated? I think so, right. Yes, I know, I've been there, but decided against it. Of course, it's all an honor system!! But you are the one it'll hurt and you'll remember it the whole challenge. Good going for you! Remember, too, you have a free day to take.

gray -- Excellent! Day 4 in the bag!!

Apple -- Hello!! So great to see you over here. I was gong to say to come over, since I saw Legal posting about the challenge on Basics, but I didn't want to pull people away from there. You're a sweetie, too, saying you missed me. I do feel a bit bad about not being there for you all these days, but as you can see and I have said, I'm over here and the place is hopping and I'm kept busy with my own challenge so it has been tough to post over there and even if I do it's often a rehash. Still, I haven't given up on Basics, just been too busy here over the weekend, which is like midweek for normal people! Okay, so you're in with an interesting challenge. I like it. Resisting temptation! Good luck!

Everyone else, where are you all! We got some regulars still MIA! Come on, people, come check in with us. You can see there's always someone back on Start or at least in the early days. Newcomers, welcome!
Everyone else, write soon!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-01-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #127  
The one called Physh

Default I think I "over-did" it . . .

Red-I am so proud of you! I am glad you got your 15 minutes in. I knew you could do it if you just broke it down a bit-made it less menacing! I am a bit lost about you "cold at work" comment. I assume you aren't talking about the AC. Whats up?

As for the empty nest thing, it is mostly about my boys. I miss them very much and worry about them even more. I think worry is a waste of time really-but I can't seem to help it. It will pass. They are good boys. I am also missing my travel buddy. A girlfriend I made here early on. She has moved back to the states. You see my husband left for the middle east 4 weeks after I moved here and was gone for 8 months. I met my friend and we had a blast. Went on tons of day trips and mini vacations to Okinawa and Korea, etc.. Lots of fun. Now, besides work, gym and mandatory errands, I am a borderline recluse. Pitiful. Part of it is because we don't live on base so am not "in" the military social circle. I have a couple of Japanese friends but one just got married and is moving to the states and the other lives with her elderly mom and doesn't get out much-ok, thats enough. I'm done. I feel better. Thank you. . . I do need to get out more-and will soon.

As for the gym-YES. I went after work. Unfortunately when I got there all the elliptical machines were taken. I decided to try the stair climber thing Oh- my -goodness. That thing is torture! Fortunately someone got off the elliptical after about 10 minutes, so I switched. So I did 10 on the stepper, 65 on the ellpitical, then I was just getting into a movie-Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood-so I had to keep going! I did switch to the bike machine-You just peddle-no arms. I did another 63 minutes on that so I could finish the movie. Not having english TV at home does have an upside! I will probably regret it tomorrow, but it felt good while I was doing it. The down side is, I missed dinner so I am grazing on some canadian bacon and I am going to have a V8-both on the SBD plan.

Anyhoo, I am a bit wiped, so I will stop in tomorrow to catch up. Have a great day all!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #128  
On My Way...

Day 18....Sorry for the delay in posting, Red! I don't get on too much over the weekends!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #129  

Default Day 13 Done!

Hi all!

I have successfully completed day 13, and on to day 14 - I'm very impressed considering I was on a little vacation last week. I did have to use my free day though. I forgot to weigh in before we left on Thursday, but just did now, and I'm somehow down a pound - have no idea how that could have happened - I really ate crappy all weekend.

Sorry I can't go back and read, I'm exhausted from my trip, and need to get ready for work, and the kids ready to go to their dad's house for the night.

Hope to be back soon!

Kelly
Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi everyone! I'd like to join. I usually post one 100 club. I lost 40lbs then gained 16 back.
I believe this challenge will get me back on track. Thanks for offering such a wonderful thread!!

Mez 21 day Challenge - Don't go over my WW Points. Daily 24 not including activity points. I'm going to allow my activity points. One of the big reason is it motivates me to workout. I get a extra points and that might mean a treat. Sometime I use them sometimes I don't. I'll post if I used them.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #131  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Post Day 8

Yep, on day 8 and it's been a real struggle. Last night at twenty until midnight, while watching a Bruce Willis movie, I had to set my timer and do twenty minutes of WATP moves, just to fulfill my goal. But I did it. I don't like barely squeaking by with the bare minimum, but I'm still OP and moving on.

I called two doctors today to see about getting my health issues looked at. Big Sigh.

Great job to everyone and continued good luck. I'll be back to deeper posts come Tuesday evening (at work).

Also wanted to add that I found an awesome new magazine at Kroger. It's called "Looking Good Now." It's all about exercise and weight loss and I found something for ME on every page. No super models here. I loved it so much, I think I'll subscribe. Maybe it's on line too.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 08-01-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #132  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool now starting Day 4....

Good morning, all. It's 4:30 a.m. and I have to be out soon. Bad dreams all last night. Wow. Strange. Oh well, maybe it means something in my body is changing, like the fat melting.... So, ready to slug through another day. Will try to hit something a bit more substantial on the cleaning. I really, really hate this cleaning part of the challenge. I hate it so much it just shows how much I need to do this. God, when it makes giving up sugar look easy, it must be hard! Glad to see you mez! Will talk to you all later.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Default bad day :(

Back to start for me! Couldn`t sleep, horrible cramps all night...pounding headache. I feel so yucky and bloated. I could care less about exercise right now. I`m trying to push the water and stay away from salt. Maybe I can try for day 1 again tomorrow, or maybe rethink my challenge. I thought I could do it but I don`t know... I dont feel like exercising at all. I know I have to snap out of this and keep going. 30 minutes every other day is not going to cut it. It`s only been a week of slacking so I can recover if I just do it, and I am going to do it tomorrow. Eating is still going well, at least I have that going for me.

I really want to get on with challenging myself!! I just don`t know if I should rethink my challenge. My husband has been gone 3 weeks, when he gets home Wed. I`ll have an even harder time doing anything in the morning. Oh I dont know, but I promise you all I`m working on it. Just have to give me til tomorrow to think clearly!

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #134  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!

ty ty ty for all the cheers!!!!

Back to Day one.... got my 30 min of exercise.. I have 60 oz's of water and will have 80 by bedtime.... lol i'll probably be running to the bathroom all nite!!!

but i really need to challenge myself to drink the water..
Old 08-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #135  
I CAN do this!

I really REALLY mean to read and reply to everyone's posts!! i've been so crazy busy lately though... Wednesday I have a full day to myself and I promise to get caught up!

Day 9 went smooth! My hubby and I went on a rather hilly walk (We live in the foothills of the rockies) and my calf muscles ached so bad! And I wanted to stop several times, but I kept my butt a walkin!! It was wonderful! I'm starting to think that I REALLY can do this!! Except for that the last week of this challange I will be on vacation Although I'm sure I can find a way to get at LEAST 30 minutes of cardio in!!
Closed Thread