S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Day 10

Day 10 - Stayed in my Pts. No activity pts used
Old 08-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Good morning!

Red, hope you are okay. You`re very quiet.

Well I broke that short, fluctuating plateau, and I am 196 today, actually the second time said 195 but I`m not going to buy it. I was hoping to get to 197, so 196 is just fine. I`m so thrilled. I had my workout lastnight and the last 3 days, but I had 3 pieces of Domino`s pizza for dinner so I was wondering how that`d play out. I thank the pizza Gods for being so kind to me.

I`m just so happy I didn`t give myself another week to slack off before jumping back in a challenge.

Go lots to do today, nothing will stop me from working out though. Lots of luck to you all on your challenge!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #305  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

I'm here! I'm okay....now. Will write in the morning (in about 8 hours). Good night! Caro, congratulations!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #306  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Cool Just so you'll not worry

I just wanted to let you all know (so you'll not worry) that I probably won't be posting in this thread for a while. I'll still keep UP on you all (can't forget about my Chicks) by reading all your posts. I care, I really do. But right now, I'm just fighting to get back in the swing of things and I'm not quite up for a challenge yet. My over time details will increase triple fold over the next few months and I'll do well to just keep my head above water. I'm so thankful to all of you for motivating and inspiring me and keeping my head on straight when I freaked out and whined and had my little pity parties . Thank you all, so much. Please don't count me out. I'm just easing in a little slower than a 21 day-er. You all mean a lot to me. Thank you! WHEN I get my full head of steam again, I'll be back, right next to you, grunting and growling on the front lines.

Until then, I'll keep (hopefully) my daily journal and PIC (partners in crime) posts going. Best of luck to you all. Love Mary P in WV AKA/ Java Turtle
Old 08-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Default Day 4!!

Day 4 done! I did it early too, getting it out of the way and not having to worry about it was nice. I might even do some more later, but I did my challenge of 30 minutes so figured I`d check in.

Sure has been slow here, hope you all come back soon! Maybe it`s the full moon, I know I`m feeling all out of sorts.

Red, thanks for popping in to let us know you`re okay!

Turtle- I`ll be checking in on your journal and posts in the other thread... lots of luck to you.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #308  
Never give up

Thumbs up starting Day 19 here...

Good morning, all. Friday morning here, my Monday-ish. Really wanted to get to the gym today but didn't get in till late last night, so I didn't go. Would have been too tired. Well, I got through Day 18. This is 19 and just three more. I can't believe how slow this challenge is going, how many, many times I would have reached for something sweet, some sugary junk. I think I perceive this challenge as going so slow because of all the times I am NOT reaching for sugar but am still wanting to and without it there, I am feeling so frustrated, so like a wailing toddler who doesn't get what she wants!! Isn't that ridiculous?!

Caro -- Thanks for thinking of me. I'm sorry you've been writing some nice long posts and not getting replies. It's just been a busy last two days, especially yesterday. I have a lot of financial problems and I'm so sick of it. It's hard to come in here and get psyched up about things when I have big, big bills hanging over me and no sign of work in sight. But I will press on! Your asking about me does help though. The only way to get out of the problems is to keep moving. I tend to get paralyzed, the worst thing really. So, whether I'm coming out for this challenge or whatever, it all helps. Really wish I could have gotten to the gym this morning. Well, you're doing great again. So glad to see you pressing on and racking up those numbers. And seeing your weight move down to 195 (why not buy it?!) must be thrilling! I am inspired by your determination because I know you were/are not having an easy time of it. I see the moon will be full tomorrow. I usually have a great two weeks when it's waxing but these last two have been pretty bummed. Let's hope the next two will serve to get some of the unwanted things in our lives, such as the tire around the middle, OUT!

Java -- I'm glad to hear from you but very sorry you won't be joining us. I can imagine how you feel though, sometimes you just don't want to get up and go for a real push forward. It sounds like you need to recoup and recharge. Thanks for telling us though. Most people, if not all, would have just disappeared. And we'll check in at PIC and see how you're doing and that way not worry too much. You take care and I do hope to see you back here soon.

mez -- You're rolling right along too! You're on top of the mountain! Hope it's an easy downhill for you from here! That was no doubt a nice thing to realize you were a day further than you'd thought! How's the head? Oh, and thanks for the info on the TV drama. Might not see it for years or never. I have never seen most of the most popular shows for the past two decades or longer! Have heard the names and watched them go into legendom without even having seen one episode! I don't think I'm missing all that much somehow.....

curly -- You're notching the days in your usual way, it seems. You're two-thirds of the way home! Keep it going!

Sushi -- How are you doing? Get those zzzz's in? Good for you for making it to Day 12!! Hope you're sailing along!

Marti -- You are a rare sight around here. Who would have guessed you were moving right along and staying nicotine (and all that other gunk) free!! Good for you! This is major stuff! How are you feeling? Can't expect much the first thing weeks actually. The body has to get rid of the gunk and ugly things can show up. Hope you'll breeze through it though!

gray eyed girl -- Thanks for your long post and for your support for everyone. It sure helps keep the thread alive...especially when I'm AWOL.You must be on your last day or very close, right?! Wow. You must be proud of yourself. And what a great display of determination at the burger joint! You ARE eating like a woman on a mission!! Keep it going!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-18-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #309  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

a fly by here... another day completed but i feel like crap mother nature is working me over (tom) dont know whats up ive never had cramps like these...(3rd day) but i did drag myself to workout
Old 08-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Day 19 and 20 are done Tomorrow is day 21 for me! I HAVE to get to the gym tomorrow for a great workout. I've really slacked off with my exercise this month. I am aiming for 2 hours tomorrow. I am getting over a cold so I haven't felt like exercising, but I need to just do it before not going becomes a habit.

I weighed in yesterday at 205. That is THREE pounds lost since Saturday! I must have been retaining water or something, I know that I didn't lose 3 pounds of fat in 3 days. But I'll be happy if even one pound is still off on Saturday .

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Day 11 - Stayed in my Pts. No activity pts used

Red - My head felt ok. Much better than yesterday!! Thanks for asking.

gray eyed girl - Congrats on the 3lbs loss and hitting your 21st day!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #312  
Never give up

Thumbs up

Calling Day 19 a wrap!!

"Out of the strain of the doing,
Into the peace of the done."

Julia Woodruff

Last edited by redballoon; 08-19-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:03 AM   #313  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Day 15 here.
Veggies going great.
This new pack of herbal tea doesn't taste any better... yuck!!! Someone asked for the ingredients... they're in a foreign language, and I tore off the English sticker when looking for the expiry date, so I can't list them, sorry. It's basically herbs that are known to help with "detox", I think. And like with all herbal products, you need to drink it for quite a while and regularly in order to get the benefit. This line has at least 3 teas, which are to be drank in order.

My boyfriend has been so sweet... helping me with the challenge. He boils water for me and prepares the mug and the tea bag... and some days he asks if I had my tea yet and offers to prepare it...

Lots of here, dark outside.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #314  
Never give up

Cool starting Day 20 out right!!

Starting off Day 20. Ready to leave for the gym before work. It's a different branch so I have to take more with me. Ugh. It's a workout just lugging the stuff there, 45-min walk, then 45-min train ride. But I'll be closer to work at the end so I should get there on time. I almost blew it off but am really wanting to get to the gym so forced myself out of bed at 4:30 a.m. anyhow....

Today and tomorrow are my last two days of the challenge. Every day I want to eat sugary junk food. I don't know what happened other than I probably just want the seratonin lift or something like that. Oh well, I'll slog through without it. The scale hasn't moved much but the fat around my middle seems like less and I really, really hate the feel of it there. I'll take this, even without the scale going down...

Sushi -- Good going on getting your tea down. I hope it does something for you. If anything, it'll teach you some discipline. I like the vegetables even more. Reminds me I gotta get some into me. Horrible how eating out here just doesn't give you vegetables. Ridiculous really. Well, hang in there Sushi, you have very few days left!

mez -- for you!! Keep it going!

curly -- Hope you're feeling better.

gray -- This is it, isn't it? Your LAST day!!!! And congratulations on the weight loss! Why is it that everyone poo-poos the losses but gets upset over a gain. It should be the other way around! Get excited over the drops, ignore the gains. Come on, gray! a 3-lb. drop means something is shifting around in there! Hurrah!!

Okay, gotta run. Ciao!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-19-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #315  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Back to day one! dam TOM wont leave and is making me .. feel worse each day... now day 5 .. when he usually is only here 3 max! if the cramps dont go away i am gonna lose my mind
Closed Thread