Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Painty, good luck tomorrow. I know you have a good attitude and I'm sure that will help. We're all behind you with our support.

Quote:
slacker (?) DH (or is there another explanation for "finishing his job" in 3 weeks....?
Wellllllll, let's just say his attitude isn't as good as it used to be! When the paper mill went bankrupt and threw everybody out of work, he did not deal well with it and it was a very un-fun 9 months before he got a job in an entirely different field. That job was funded by federal grant and the grant has run out and there just isn't anything more they can squeeze out of it, so the job is finished the end of June. I mean, it's not DH's fault that the job funding is running out, but it's not exactly a surprise either.

Yay for accountant ladies. And insurance. We have to buy our own health insurance starting in July; that will eat up some big $$$.

Hey, good idea, Bagz. Sounds like reversing falls could be pretty much of an endless activity...

I saw that show last night about getting fired, it was sort of amusing. And sort of pitiful. If I had been one of those store managers, I would have been on the phone with the owner asking what in he** she/he was thinking hiring these psychos!

I'm so glad to hear that someone is stepping up to help DS with the Eagle Scout award, Peaches. I know how it feels to get the impression that nobody out there cares enough to actually do something. We are the midst of that right now. We got a letter from the GT program at school saying they recommended that DD place out of Senior English and take college English instead, so DH looked into it and all he gets is a list of reasons why the school can't do that (yes, I know, it was the school that recommended it! ). People say they want to enable students but actually getting them to do it is something else indeed!

So. All medical endeavors today and tomorrow are slated for excellent results. Everyone on board?

Kiwi
Old 06-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #32  

It's a gluttony record. I've eaten my lunch by 8:45 am.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

Not me. I've only had 8 cookies and 2 granola bars.

Appointment with Herr Docter resulted in another appointment for a ... I don't want to say it and can't spell it anyhow. Xray of the lower torso. Next week.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

I believe the medical term is "tummy look-see".

Don't feel bad Wab. I was getting into the habit of taking a nap in the middle of the day, so I was skipping lunch frequently, so I started eating breakfast shortly after I got up and did the kid lunch and/or drive to school, and then eating lunch about an hour later. Then I'd have a light snack in the afternoon, eat dinner and eat a huge snack around midnight. Totally messed up. Not to mention way too much food. I'm looking forward to summer (just 3 more days of school for DD) so I can sleep a little later and stop napping (heaven forbid I just go to bed at a reasonable hour, eh?). Only problem is I'll probably skip breakfast entirely. aaaaaaaaaghhhhhh I have no discipline.

What I do have is an earache. Blecch. Very congested.

8 cookies? Wow. Were they big?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #35  

Anyone interested in a hilarious but slightly off color video joke email?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #36  
Member w/ messiest house

Do you have a url I could go to to see it? My inbox is a bit limited (and slow).

It is so hot here, it's ridiculous. Last weekend the temperature swung 40 degrees in 2 days. Of course, it's always hot for Dance Recital weekend; it's a tradition. The kids put on 3 performances that each last 3+ hours and the auditorium is packed for every one of them. And not air-conditioned. I've quit going to the daytime Saturday one because it's unbearable, but tonight I'm sure it will be a sweatbox too. Yippee. I hope I remember to bring a water bottle. DD is in the last dance number. But I can't stand to miss the little kids at the beginning, so I'll watch the whole durn thing.

I have an earache.

How's everything? I wonder how Painty is doing?

Kiwi
Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #37  
fatter than U

I'd love to see it but my e mail is really slow too, Wabs.

Nothing new here. Birthday present from my mother finally arrived (bread basket with matching napkins all made by her) and we went strawberry picking today - yum. Have eaten too much and must go to bed.

Sending healing thoughts to everyone who needs them right now.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #38  

Smooth sailing....
I am still a bit dopey, but the surgeon is happy with how my surgery went. She guessed that the cancer hadn't spread because of the way the injected dye didn't spread just all over the place. I DO hope she is right!!!! I have a big eggplant colored bruise in my armpit. It's a little swollen, but doesn't hurt much. The strangest part is how much my abdomen is stiff/sore. I feel like I did situps the whole time... No Way!! Oh, well, they DID give me strong pain killers, that make me sleepy. I think I'll go sleep through Dr. Phil and the evening news. Thanks for all your encouragement.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #39  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yayyyyyyyyyyyy for painty!!! imagine posting just for us at this time---you are a serious Trooper!!!! good for you ! naturally we all are still sending out the best cow vibes ever
!!!! xoxoxoxoxo bagzzzzzzzzz who is slightly tipsy,since it's Friday and i had three Baileys with amaretto!!!hey kiwonk----it's still FOGGY and only 13 degrees=-==here is where we part the ways concerning WEATHER!!!!!!

!!!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #40  

Default More good news...

The surgeon just called me… on a Saturday morning no less!!!!
My cancer was “only” stage I.

No lymph involvement. And they got it all… although part of the “margin” (which is apparently like a seam allowance when you’re sewing) is a bit narrow. At this point, if they decide to go back for a bigger margin, that’s fine with me.

Thanks for your support ladies...
I think I've indicated that I became a therapist because of a less-than-ideal set of parents... It just occured to me that I haven't felt so accepted and loved until all this happened and I let people know what I wanted/needed... AND THEY RESPONDED. Jeez it feels good to be cared about. Thank y'all so much.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #41  
loves kleenex box art

I can relate to that Painty and I'm THRIELLEDDD that you made it through and got such good news!!! Being accepted and loved is the key for me, too. Hoo ray! ! ! ! !!
Old 06-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Painty, I'm so happy for you! That's the best news ever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Birthday present from my mother finally arrived (bread basket with matching napkins all made by her) and we went strawberry picking today - yum. Have eaten too much and must go to bed.
As long as all you're eating is strawberries, have at it!! Strawberry season is going to be really late here, they say, because of a cold spring, so we're getting them in the grocery store from other places now and in a few weeks we'll be able to pick some nearby. It could be a strawberry summer! I discovered I can keep them really fresh with my Foodsaver machine. I should go on their infomercial.

I cannot believe you are getting cool weather and fog, Bagz. I am absolutely dying of the heat. DH put a couple of fans in the windows last night, but all it is doing is blowing around hot air. It's not even sunny out, but I can barely breathe. If I sit perfectly still I can almost not notice it. However if I move, the sweat. Oh, the sweat.

Saw a wonderful movie last night. I'm sure you have all already seen it -- The Hours. I hadn't, but I picked up a used DVD for cheap recently and there wasn't anything to watch on TV, so we put that on last night. I warned DH it was a chick flick and sure enough he went to bed about halfway through. DD and I really enjoyed it though. Very thought-provoking. I thought Nicole Kidman was astonishing. So was Meryl Streep, but I always like her. The little boy was really incredible.

The dance recital was fab, going to see it again tonight and videotape DD's performance. Her group is so huge, I hope I can actually get her on camera.

Well, off to sweat a little more (you know, by getting up and walking into another room )

Kiwi the Sweaty
Old 06-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #43  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Talking hurrah PAINTY!!!!

HOW ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TO HEAR THIS GREAT NEWS!!! AND YOU HAVE BEEN SO FABULOUS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE ORDEAL====SO CALM AND ACCEPTING!!!!THIS IS THE BESTTHING I HAVE HEARD IN SOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!! BRAVO MISS PAINTY COW!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #44  

Thank you. Thank you very much. You guys are the best!
Old 06-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

Hmph. Have you all noticed that someone's slider is reading in the 130's???? How long has this been going on? Do I need to come down there and take you out for pizza again?

Dance recitals over. Heat wave still here.

Kiwi
Closed Thread