Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #16  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OOPS-----------kiwonkers!!!! that's quite a story about the GRade 12's!!!! you are right---hopefully your dd and her cronies will take note!!!!----the hockey team got caught drinking a few years ago and the principal cancelled the entire hockey season----the kids went nuts they were so upset,but that type of 'incident' never happened again~~~!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Off to the coffeehouse, tough duty I have as a parent....

ta

Kiwi
Old 06-05-2005, 03:40 AM   #18  

Better to stick it to the HS kids than have any of 'em killed. I still get chills when I think about the capital "C" CUTE captain of the drill team who was killed while riding in her drunk boyfriend's car after homecoming... or the guy who lettered three times who got broadsided and brain dead by a drunk driver.... Being a teenager is dangerous without having free rein to add bad decisions.

Don't you wonder about the "guards" in Guantanamo or Abu Greve and who forgot to teach them to make "good" decisions? or even ask "What WERE you thinking?

I finally finished preparation for the work/conference/retreat I'm facilitating Monday and Tuesday... Then i have a couple of appointments Wednesday (am skipping staff meeting).

Thursday's my engagement with the scalpel and dye (did you know I might be all blue?! I am looking forward to Tylenol with LOTS of codeine, long naps and seeing Oprah on the day it was first broadcast (at least on Friday... probably won't be very awake Thursday!

Thanks again, y'all for your rabble rousing support.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #19  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, I wonder about my fellow Americans who are not outraged by the guards in Guantanamo. In fact, I wonder at times if this is another difference between the two political parties.

Blue is nice.

I feel blue but in the other way. Not nice.

Burp.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Blue is beautiful.

I am allergic to June. Not the sleep lady in leopard jumpsuit, the month. I am sneezy wheezy and itchy.

Have a good day.

Sneezy, Wheezy & Itchy
Old 06-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #21  
fatter than U

Cool Meh.

I am crampy and headachy and just want to sleep but I must go the the library and teach other people's children how to behave. I kicked two boys out of last week's group and it was much more pleasant.

My house is a mess. I am wading in dirty laundry.

Oh, Painty! I can't imagine what you must be going through. We are all behind you and we love you, you know that, right? You've got at least another 40 years in you yet.

Kiwi- haven't had time to read your adventure yet but it looks kind of messy. Will comment later. I'm in one of those "can't concentrate on anything much for more than 30 seconds" phases right now.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Sorry you feel carpy, Sug. I feel carpy too. I'm not sure it's just allergies anymore, maybe I have a cold or something. I have to go to DD's end of year school awards program. All I really want to do is take more decongestants and go back to bed.

I think it's great you can kick out the troublemakers from library. How nice. When DD used to go to story time, there were 2 boys that couldn't behave ever. It was very annoying. They had mullets.

Must go blow nose. Bye.

Kiwi
Old 06-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

Do I feel carpy?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

No, you feel fishy.

So I'm back from the awarding. Our little cowlette received 10, yes 10 awards. She got lots of exercise going up and down from the stage. She also had 2 surprises--she got the Williams College Book Award for English and, most shocking, the Society of Women Engineers award for science and math. Apparently her chemistry and math teachers colluded on that one. So, even though she has sworn she wouldn't touch engineering with a 10 foot pole, she has an engineering award. DH--electrical engineer that he is--is beside himself.

Guess what we decided to give the kid for working so hard this year -- a 4-track recording studio! Well, it's a palmpilot sized device that she can plug in guitar or mike cables to and record onto, and then transfer it to the computer for mixing music. Cool huh? She is very excited.

So what's everybody doing this summer? I got bad news today that I haven't even processed yet. Our sailing friends who have been living on their boat in Florida were heading up the coast this spring and were planning to spend the summer on the Maine coast -- apparently they have decided not to go any further than Washington DC, so we will probably only see them if they drive up here for a week or two. This is very bad news because DH will be done with his job in 3 weeks and I was planning on him amusing himself on our sailboat alongside those 2 for most of the summer. I already know he's not going to look very hard for a job, and if he really does something on our house I will be so shocked I will need CPR, so if he doesn't have friends on the coast to spend time with, he will be hanging around here moping and playing the same 3 chords on the guitar. And I will be going f-ing nuts! I swore I wouldn't go out looking for a job at least until after DD graduated next year, but.....

Here's what I'll be doing this summer: a lot of laundry and a lot of driving. DD has 3 trips back to back from the middle of this month to almost the end of July when we get back from the NC beach. In August I want a puppy. Work on that, eh?

Kiwi
Old 06-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #25  
loves kleenex box art

My only comment (because I am brain-full) is now DD can make recordings like my friend with the website who has sweaty bald pictures on it.

You still proud?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #26  

Something seems a little fishy around here.... Hey! speaking of which, DS and gf went to the grocery yesterday, bought halibut and cooked DH & I dinner. Wasn't that nice??? He's been skating on thin ice lately. DS, that is. He wants to behave as if our home is his own personal dwelling. He has many friends who have a problem with boundaries. They chased DH & I out of the house Sunday evening because they just wouldn't all go home!!!!Oh well. I got dinner and a movie out of the deal.

I couldn't even imagine how proud you are Kiwi. My kids were always the ones being called up to the principal's office, not called up for awards. I feel for you if DH is hanging around all summer. That's one of my DH's best attributes. He's very good at amusing himself. Sometimes too good. He was out working in the barn on his car last night until 10:30. He just sold a '71 Chevelle that he restored. Now he's working on a '48 Ford streetrod. And he already is planning on building a '32 Ford 3 window coupe when the '48 is done. It keeps him out of the bars. Kiwi, I got the speakers fixed on my computer finally, but when I went back to try to listen to your DD's music it wouldn't let me into that website. Can you email me directions to the site again?

Peaches, get back here and give us a real post.

Sugar, I can't imagine you being tough with the little library kids. You're too sweet.

Nevermind about DD's music website, Kiwi. It let me listen today. She's really fabulous, isn't she?

Last edited by Wabby; 06-07-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

Here is my real post:

Last night, I was close to being teary-eyed because some people were unexpecetedly SO NICE>

My DS is in scouts and if you make Eagle Scout, you got to do it before your 18th birthday. He's 17 and has NOT BEGUN three requirements. HAS NOT BEGGGUNNN. HAS been supposed to do it for two years.

So I said to him, "I am tired of scouts. I do not want to go. I do not believe you will make Eagle. If you want to go to scouts, you will have to tell me each Monday or I'm not going."

I told some of the parents at the scout meeting this last night and TWO of them saw my seriousness, apprehended DS and told him what to do and when to do it (this week). One signed herself up as counsellor for the two merit badges he needs and she and a man both quizzed and instructed him on the Eagle project requirement. It was a commitment by them, especially her, that no one has made before. There are other counsellors but they're too busy or they put things upon DS that he, being so shy, can't bring himself to fulfill.

Anyhow, it was good.

I'm still not taking him unless he remembers and asks me.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #28  

Cowie-- Isn't it great when people understand you AND are nice? Cool. I think you did the right thing by DS, too. It is up to HIM to decide whether to make Eagle or not. If he has other things that are important to him, let him be responsible for the choice... (as long as it isn't CRACK or something!)

Kiwi--
Congratulations on having brilliant daughter who gets her talents recognized. Hope that slacker (?) DH (or is there another explanation for "finishing his job" in 3 weeks....?) manages without on-going project as well as old friends who are planning to be becalmed in DC/Baltimore. Wishing you smoothsailing however it goes!!

I hope everyone is past feeling carpy. Gives a whole new twist to carpe diem, doesn't it?

Didja all read Dear Abby about Marian the Librarian and her need for a PR campaign. I think folks who don't "act right" need to be told firmly (and preferably civilly) exactly what the standards are, the consequences, and then HELD TO THEM. DD was telling me about a TV program with people TRYING to get fired by the end of the day... (if they did they won big cash prize)... and how managers just got frantic rather than setting standards OR firing them... No wonder the service industries are going to H*ll in a H*ndb*sket!

Ya'll take good care of your sweet selves, OK? I've got three clients who think THEY have problems coming in tomorrow... then I'm cleaning my desk and office, pulling weeds and heading to the hospital so that MD's can help me retrieve my future!

Love to all. (I'll probably be on again tomorrow... so stay calm!!)
Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #29  

Peach, it's the hardest thing in the world to let our kidlets experience the consequences of their actions (or inactions). You get the good parent award for the month. Hope DS pulls through for you, though.

My accountant lady was just here. I heart my accountant lady. She makes me feel competent. She tells me I'm doing a good job. For some reason I always have the feeling that I'm just not doing a good enough job. Owning your own business is hard. She told me so. She's right. Did I mention I heart my accountant lady?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #30  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

keeeeeee----wonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMAGINE ALL OF THESE AWARDS IN GRADE 11---SHE WILL BE ON THE STAGE THE ENTIRE EVENING IN GRADE 12!!!! BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!----AND WHAT A GREAT GIFT!!!!---- get one for dh too ,maybe he will learn three more chords!!! tell him to sail up to New Brunswick----going through the Reversing Falls could keep him busy all summer!!!------PAINTY!!! ALL THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU TOMORROW----------------YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!! TAKE CARE!!!! XOXOXO
Closed Thread