Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #136  
fatter than U

Talking I love babies!

Wow, Wabby! That's excellent. You must be so excited. And what a great grandma that baby is going to have. You'll have to give us play by play details so we can live vicariously through you until it's our turn.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #137  
Member w/ messiest house

I know it sounds terribly young, but if they are well-suited to each other, I'm sure they can make it work. When's the due date?
Old 06-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #138  

The due date is February 26th. One month before DS's 23rd birthday.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #139  
loves kleenex box art

A baby !!!!!!!! Are we all remembering when ours were new and sooooo sweet and tiny?? Yay Wabbo.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #140  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my gawwwwwwwwwwwwd!!!! what a great piece of news i have just read about our dear wabby!!!!!-----------------we shall all be cyber grannies to this baby and CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT WEDDING PLANS AND MENUS AND NEW BABY NEWS!!! CONGRATULATIONS DARLING WABBY FAMILY!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:07 PM   #141  

Thanks for the congrats, Cowsies. Its funny - I was looking at baby furniture w/ my friend on Saturday who is a proud gma herself, lamenting about how I would probably never get Grandbabies, and poof! there you go. Just shows you gotta be careful what you wish for..... Of course you realize this is all I can think about, fret over, obsess about. I'm sure to drive you all batty.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:29 PM   #142  
fatter than U

Smile

*runs off to knit some booties*
Old 06-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #143  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh goodie, someone else can drive us batty besides me.

Did I mention that my DARLING DAUGHTER CALLED HOME LAST NIGHT? Not to rub it in or anything. Apparently she tried the payphone and couldn't hear a thing or something, so she borrowed someone's cellphone.

I forgot to ask her what her storefront is called. She was running for State Representative from her Town and, never one to shy away from controversy, she had already drafted a bill calling for sexual orientation tolerance education. Yep, that's my girl.

MMMM I'm having broiled salmon and baked potatoes for dindin. And asparagus. Mmmm. You could have some if you stopped by.

Kiwi
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #144  

MMMMMMMM. Just got back from going to lunch w/ my mom. She's waaay to young to be a great gma - again. We went to a little italian restaurant, shared a Baked Ziti, and made up for it w/ Creme Brule for dessert. Do you know why desert has only one s and dessert has 2? Because dessert is twice as good.

We're headed off to the lake this weekend w/ friends. It's supposed to be sunny and warm. This is what I'll be doing: and eating and reading.

Kiwi, I'm not surprised at all that DD called. They really need their mommas more than they like to let on.

Can you believe that next weekend is 4th of July???!!! Not that it means much to you international types. For youz Canucks - Can you believe next weekend is July????!!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #145  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, sounds like a lovely weekend, Wab.

Just got back a while ago from picking up DD from Girls State. She had a great time, made a lot of friends, totally got involved in everything. It seems to have been a great experience. She is utterly exhausted; her floor stayed up half the night the entirely week . Now she has one day home to get ready for her 3 week long course at Brown. By Monday (after driving her down there) I will probably be so tired I won't be able to move a muscle.

I am very mad at DH for something he did this afternoon: He was driving down to the big city -- only an hour+ drive -- and when we got out of the car, he casually announced that he'd fallen asleep "a couple of times". I thought he must have been talking about some other drive; he'd had to do the same drive this morning because of a dr.'s appt. I couldn't possibly believe he meant he had just fallen asleep twice on the way while I was sitting right next to him! But that's exactly what he meant! Not once: twice. I mean, we were listening to the news on the radio, so hadn't talked for a while, but I had no idea. And what the **** was he doing continuing to drive, for God's sake???? I may never let him drive while I'm in the car again! I'm really pi**ed. I mean it's not as if we were both tired and I wouldn't have been in any better shape to drive than he was! I swear sometimes I think he's turned 80 years old instead of just 48.

Oh, by the way, if anyone has tried to email me since yesterday (Thursday) afternoon, my (stupid ) isp is having some horrible email problems and I haven't gotten any email since then, and may not for who knows when, so if you want to send me something, send it to my hotmail address.

And how are you?

Kiwi
Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #146  
Member w/ messiest house

I want Creme Brulee.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #147  
Member w/ messiest house

Still here. Still no email. DD is having cramp-filled day. We're getting nowhere with her packing. Helllllllpppppppppppppppp
Old 06-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #148  
loves kleenex box art

I cannot help. DS has been gone since Monday and the mail has come today and I have not heard from him. I am unhappy about this. PLUS the camp has a website where they post pictures and news each day. But in reality they posted news the first day and not since and no pictures.

I am mad mad mad. Does mad rhyme with fat?

Kinda, huh?

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-25-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #149  
loves kleenex box art

kiwi since you can't get email, I sent you one. Thought I'd let you know.

I'm watching the Sopranos.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #150  
Member w/ messiest house

In the middle of the day, you're watching The Sopranos? I'm telling.

Thank you for writing to me. I didn't get it.

It is beastly hot today. I washed the car. It did not cool me off. And I got big nasty bug bites. I'm going to go find pictures of the bugs that bit me. Because naturally I have nothing else to do.

Kiwi
Closed Thread