Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #76  
fatter than U

Cool

Peachy! So glad you got that over with. Did they make you drink that barium stuff? Bleh. I'm sure they will give you a clean bill of health and you'll feel muuuuuch better.

Nothing much to say. Tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? I can't. We're having sushi. I may get drunk but I'm not sure yet. NOT.

My gyn exam was fabulous. For an extra €25 I got a guided ultrasound tour of my female inner workings. Seems I have the ovaries of a 30 yr old. How exciting.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #77  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar, this means MORE BABIES???? YAYYYY ... Little Sugarettes.

Drink the barium stuff. Well. No. There was barium stuff but they .. uh .. put it where they wanted it by themselves. They were so sweet and the male nurse or whatever he was kept apologizing.

DS has talked to the preacher. I don't get to learn about the conversation, OF COURSE, but his attitude is softened and he has a card in his pocket which you have to fill out to join the church.

LIttle Sugarettes!! i am so excited. Don't name them Paris.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #78  
fatter than U

Ah, THAT kind of test, was it? Nice. But necessary.

NO MORE BABIES!! Well at least not with this husband. You know, The Big Snip and all that. Can you imagined how cheesed off he'd be if I suddenly had twins?

I'm glad ds talked to the preacher. Now he can make an informed decision.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

In kilos, no less...

Hmm, is your weight loss temporary? Will you be discouraged if your ticker is lower than actual? If the ticker reads too low, will your house be T.P.'ed by angry mobs?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #80  
Member w/ messiest house

apparently I missed the intervening posts. So I am replete with non-sequiturs. eh, what else is new? So I guess it is a good thing to have a 30 year old's ovaries. Probably delay the onset of chin whiskers.

My kid is cleaning her room. Is this normal?

Kiwi
Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #81  
loves kleenex box art

My kid cleaned HIS room also. It looks so odd. He asked for a filing cabinet and put papers away. The rest of house looks like always.

Weight loss is temporary unless I continue in a permanent fast.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #82  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, then I don't think you should change your ticker. Will only get your house t-p'ed for nothing.

I think that maybe DD's cleaning spree was partly spurred on by my telling her that I would appreciate it if she picked up the stuff off the floor so that I could clean her room while she was gone. But the fact that your DS is also doing this makes me wonder if it's some 17 year old rite of passage. Is he going away for a long period of time soon? She's leaving on Sunday for a week, will only be home one day after that before going away for 3 weeks of summer@brown and then another week+ at the beach . So essentially she'll be gone for 5-1/2 weeks.

5 1/2 weeks. Reality sinking in.

Kiwi
Old 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #83  
loves kleenex box art

DS leaves Monday (6:25 a.m. .. yawn) to spend four weeks learning Japanese. Then he's home for a week. Then I take him to Gainesville for a two-day thingie for honors students (recruitment) then he goes to see his dad for a few days. It's less than 5 1/2 weeks so you win.

The number this morning was 137.5. That's with NO food yesterday and .. you know.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #84  

So I'm understanding that the procedure was a success, however not especially pleasant. Gotcha.

The reality sinking in here is that DS isn't going anywhere for the next 5 weeks. Hmm. He is starting to look at houses to buy, though. The only affordable ones are way far out of town in the next suburb further away from Portland. I'd like him to move out, but not too far away.

DD has cleaned my carpets and scrubbed my bathrooms, complete with interior cabinet cleaning and purging of old makeup and hair styling products. For money of course. I don't know who taught her to clean so well - not me.

Sugar, young ovaries.... there's got to be a punch line here, but I can't think of it.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #85  
Member w/ messiest house

Cool. Japanese camp. Hope he likes it. DD is going to political science camp.

See, that's where I've goofed up; I should have been paying DD to clean my house. I wonder how much I'd have to pay her. Too late now, she won't have time until August.

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2005, 01:35 AM   #86  

Kiwi-- Magnificent moose.
Sug... glad your ovaries are young and fresh... so what's that gonna getcha? Sorry that anything was going on that they wanted the ultrasound invasion.... I wonder if they'd charge even MORE if they vibrated.
Hmmm. Must be feeling MUCH better.

CowPeach... keep us posted. The medical tests are surely some of the biggest indignities heaped on venerable older folk.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #87  
loves kleenex box art

older folk? Hrmph
Old 06-16-2005, 10:17 AM   #88  
Member w/ messiest house

heh heh
Old 06-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #89  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm going shopping today in the "big city". Any requests? What should I get for DH for father's day?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #90  
loves kleenex box art

I'd like some big dresses in subdued colors and, for DH, a new knife and bottle of peroxide for when he cuts himself.
Closed Thread