Old 04-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #31  

Tanzie, welcome and I sure don't mind having you aboard.
Jolly, glad you are getting back into the "swing" of things.
I had a really bad day yesterday, guys, this is just overwhelming to me. My dad was diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday, he's had "under control" prostate cancer for years, but now it's spread and this is a very painful type of cancer. He's 82 years old, keep us in your prayers please.
I totally lost it yesteray, don't want to get into it, but today I dug out my journal and logged in breakfast. I will work out. I can't let what is going on cause me to lose direction, even if it did for one day.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #32  
Scootin' On Down The Road

So sorry to hear about your Dad, derry. I'll definitely put you guys in my prayers.. Goodluck with the journaling. It's something I've never been able to maintain. Too much trouble, I guess. I know it makes things easier, but stupidly, I've never been one to do things the easy way.

I got up this morning and walked after the bus came by and picked up the heathens. They are the first ones on, so it runs by here at 6:00. I bought an IPOD shuffle for walking and listening, but somehow it just seems wrong not to listen to the birds wake up, yanno? Anyway, I listen to it when I walk in the afternoons, or when I'm bebopping around the house cleaning. That way, nobody else has to suffer through my 80's hits collection.

Hope everyone else's day is good,
Tanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #33  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello ladies.

Sorry to be MIA. I haven't been able to get on the website since March. I don't know what happened, but I have been checking daily and today was the first day I was able to get online to the site.

I'll keep this short, because I'm heading out the door, but I wanted to let you know, Derry, I'll keep your dad in my prayers. Sorry to hear it has spread. I lost two grandparents to cancer and I know how horrible it is.

Hi and Welcome to Tanzie.

I'll try to post more often, but I need to make sure I can get online to the site. I haven't talked to Raven, but will try to email her again next week.

Happy Friday to all.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #34  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Jolly, thank you for your inspirational statement of recommittment. Your list sounds like everything I am trying to do : workouts every evening (5x/wk), with weights and the bike; I've signed up for some weight loss classes (though I could probably teach them, I figure they will help keep me motivated). I have cut back my intake both on calories and fats. I'm journalling. I've eliminated sodas and chocolate (Yes, I've read the latest on it, but it is my worst trigger to eat.). I've basically returned to a vegan diet, except that I have about 1/2 c skim milk on my oatmeal or cereal for bfast. All this is working, if I can just stick with it. Thanks for the pep talk! It really helps maintain resolve.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #35  

HEllo all. Derry, you are definitely in my prayers.

Did not make it to the gym today, nor to the barn. Justin (my dog) got his drainage tube out last night, and there is quite a bit of drainage. I really need to go take care of him. I feel like a bad horse owner, but there is only so much I can do. Sigh. I wish I could clone myself - but only need enough money for one of me Too bad it doesn't work that way.

Welcome also to Sea. Have a good evening everyone.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #36  

Hello everyone. Or should I say, Hello anyone??? Not much new to report here. Did get to the gym today, and got everything else I wanted to do before work done. Got a nice ride in. though I was riding to the soundtrack of Moulin Rouge, and found out my horse really does not like violin music I am making better food choices, so that is good.

Have a great day all.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #37  

Hello everyone!
Sorry I've been out of touch. Easter week/spring break was really busy and then my husband was working on taxes and I haven't been able to get near the computer until today, and only because he left this morning on a business trip. He is awesome with our finances, I don't think I could do our taxes without help and he was able to figure it all out. It was a little more complicated this year because we sold out rental house and there were some changes in the tax laws yadda yadda yadda.
Anyway, I was able to achieve my goal of losing 2 lbs before Easter. And even though I've been really lax diet wise, I've only gained 1 back. I'd like to lose 3 more while DH is gone. There is no beer in the house and it's going to stay that way!!!
I've been walking regularly too, that shouldn't be too hard to keep up.
The pool we swim at opened today. Swim suit season is not too far away.....
I am sad to hear about all the sad things that are going on with everyone. I'll be thinking about your dad, Derry. And the doggies too.
Talk to you tomorrow!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #38  

Howdy girls.

Well, the weekend has come, and is halfway gone. The weather here (In Southern Miss.) has been wonderful for the last few days, and I got out in the sunshine today and put in an impatient bed and planted a few shrubs around the house.

I'm doing really good on my water! I'm finding it's getting easier, as I go along. I didn't walk today, but I figure the work with the shovel has to count for something.

On another note, I got back on Abby for the first time in over a year. I took a really bad fall off her the last time I rode, and it put the fear of hospitalization in me. Anyway, I did get back on her right after it happened, but I was terrified. (I'm too big and too old to hit the ground that hard too many more times.) So, I watched from the sidelines as hubby and son rode off into the sunset without me. Until yesterday. I only rode around in the round pen, but it was a start. Yay me!

Anyhoo, hello to anyone I've missed saying hello to and I hope you're all doing well.

Have a great tomorrow~
Old 04-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #39  

Hey, guys. Good to hear from you. This weekend is going fairly smoothly. Getting everything done I need to. Had a nice ride on my pony today. It is so nice when he uses his brain for good! Justin is slowly healing. I am making some better food choices. The big news is (drumroll, please) I started my 10 weeks to your first 5k running program again. It felt so good to just get out there and do it. Hurray. I would like to get a couple of 5k races in this year. We shall see.

Have a great day all.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #40  
Student of the Hoof

Heyas chicks.

I think I'm starting to get better.

I got on the treadmill yesterday, and did three miles. After that, we went out to the stables and I faced the evil Shadow monster and actually trimmed all four of her feet. I am intimidated no longer. Today I feel (imagine) like I wrestled with an 1100 pound horse for an hour. So I gave myself a bit of a break and watched the history channel all day. Yeah, that's motivation for you.

My daughter told me a week or so ago "Mom, something has to change." I thought about what she said for a long time, and she's right. Something does have to change. That something is me.

Again, I'm letting fear rule my life. Again, I'm letting fear paralyze me into inaction. Again, I'm letting fear push me into feeling sorry for myself, into sitting in a corner and waiting for something good to happen.

I know better. I need to make the good thing happen. I know that. How can life be so bittersweet? How can so much beauty and joy exist in the same time and place as sadness, loss, pain? It's so contradictory. I guess I was having - and probably still am - trouble accepting both without feeling guilty in one form or another.

Tomorrow I'll trim Eve's hooves, and I promised Ian that I'd show him how to start working with her in the round pen. She's so bloody smart, and so eager to please, she makes training an absolute joy. But then, I get such an immense satisfaction out of working with any of them, truly.

I've come to the conclusion that not only do I truly despise shopping, I really loathe cooking as well. That was a rather surprising conclusion for me... I've always insisted that I liked to cook, I just "didn't have the time" or "didn't like cleaning up after." Honestly, I'd rather clean up after than do the cooking. So .. what am I to do? I resort to pizza, fast food, instant meals FAR too often to be healthy. Interesting little question for myself. I was hoping someone here might have suggestions. Two kids, a boyfriend, and myself. If it were just me, it would be SO much easier. Rawr.

I'm sorry I'm not up with everyone. I've been rather lost in my own little drama.

Jolly - I really hope Justin is doing ok. Please give him a huge hug for me, ok? Our little dog Ursa is very needy lately, always underfoot, always up in your face. She makes me cry, because it's obvious she misses Callisto too. I keep finding pictures of her, keep seeing her everywhere. The walks are the hardest... outside last night, in the dark, I kept looking for that bright white flash of her running... I've never lost a dog to anything but old age before, and it's like a very large hole has been torn in my heart. She was so much my companion.

Enough.. I'm making myself cry again. Jolly. I'll join you. I'm going to go to the coolrunning site and Ian and I will be doing the couch potato to 5k program.

Last edited by RavenToy; 04-10-2005 at 11:36 PM.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #41  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey chickies,

Welcome to the new folks.

Derry, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad - my prayers go to you. My brother had bone cancer so I know how you feel. Be strong for him - at least when you are around him. And it's ok to cry too.

Raven, it's good to see you again tho it's pretty late and you're still on the site - still getting up so early in the morning? I'm afraid I don't have any answers for the cooking if you hate to cook and shop and clean up - usually you have to give in to one, yah know? Can BF fire up the grill when you're on your way home? Grilled fish, lean pork chops or chicken, a salad or cut veggies and some fresh fruit and you've hit all the food groups. Easy to prepare and low fat. Grill up some extra chicken, slice cold the next day over a salad - remember that fabulous Carribean Chicken salad that you liked at Chili's was it? That's not too hard to make. Maybe you can convince your daughter that she has an untapped talent as an excellent cook????

Good luck with the running program Jolly, it's good to hear that you're getting into it again. Like Tanzie it was a great weekend out this way and we did alot of digging, cleaning and planting in the garden ourselves. I really felt it this morning when I woke up. Ouch!

Ok, I walked away to take care of a load of laundry and here it is 2 hours later and way past bedtime. Going to be a loooonnnngggg day tomorrow. Better leave now and get some shut eye in. Hellos to everyone I didn't get to yet, will catch up tomorrow. Make it a good one...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:14 AM   #42  

Hi guys, haven't read all your posts, will be back later on today. Have to run a huge errand and I kind of blew it all weekend and took time off from everything.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:18 AM   #43  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh guys, sorry I can't post. Just have no time and haven't been doing anything that warrants a post here anyhow! meaning I've been eating and not exercising. Raven, very glad to have you back. I'm checking at coolrunning. Had never heard of it. Looks like fun. I may do that program too just to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for the tip! OK, can't write now. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Best of luck. I'll be back. . .
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 AM   #44  

Hey all. Payroll Monday here - fun, fun, fun. I did make it to the gym this morning - though did not get much of a workout in. I am so overtired, and not feeling the greatest. But, I figure some workout is better than none. Right?

I am glad you will be joining me, RAven. I have to find the money for decent shoes, but figure what I have will work for now. I am doing more walking than running anyway. But soon.

I am glad it was such a beautiful weekend, and sounds like people were able to enjoy. One step at a time, everyone.

Oh yeah, Raven. What I found works for me is making a menu. I look at what I am doing when, and plan meals around the amount of time I have to cook. Do bigger meals on the weekend when I have time, freeze stuff, etc. It helps me to know what I am making, instead of having to "decide." The chicken breast/salad thing is a good idea. A lot of stuff you can microwave. Check out microwave or slow cooker cook books at your library.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #45  

Hey chicks,

The morning is easin' on by.. and here I sit. :P I'm attempting to put our finances in order and have only manged to waste a bit of time surfing.
Goodnews is that I walked this morning-- and yesterday. Foodwise, things went OK.. no seconds and I kept my portions reasonable. We weighed yesterday, and I'm back down 2 pounds, which is good. It would be greater if I hadn't put back on the five I lost earlier in the year!

Still thinking about you and yours Derry. I hope all is going well.

I can totally empathize Happy-- funny how putting a few greens, flowers, shrubs (take your pick) will put the hurt on you in places a regular workout won't touch!

So sorry to hear about your puppy, Raven. Those fuzzy little heathens have a way of crawling right into our hearts and then leaving big holes when they go... Give Ursa extra cuddles. It'll do you both good.

Hey, jolly- like Red, I took a peek at the coolrunnings site. Looks good. Even I 'm tempted by their 'couch to 5k' program. I've never been much of a runner though.. darn fallen arches. Perhaps if I worked my way slowly up... who knows. Anyway, goodluck with it!

Laters,