Old 04-25-2005, 09:09 PM   #136  
Student of the Hoof

Hidey hey folks.

I'm suffering from the good thing bad thing stuff. I worked out, did my Couch-to-5K this morning. Ate perfectly all day. Drank my water. Came home, ate my dinner - then stuffed myself with black cherry jello and cool whip. Ok, so it was lite cool whip. It just sounded SO good!! *lol* Anyway, now I'm slightly sick to my stomach. That'll teach me, huh? Probably not.

ANYWAY... I did my workout, and that's the biggest deal. Tomorrow I do pilates. I'm feeling better. My job still totally sucks, but hey - one day at a time. I have someone an hour or so away who has 4 horses and she's told me she'd love to have me practice on them. With that, I can get her testimonial on my website. There is nothing that beats happy customers, yes?

I've made a goal to lose 30 pounds by the end of July. That is how much I've gained. That is way, way sad. But it is not the end of the world, and 30 pounds by the end of July is doable. It's a challenge, no doubt about that. But it's also not the end of the world if I don't hit it dead on, but it gives me something to really shoot for.

Tanzie - I can really relate to your focusing on what you look like doing forms. I used to do the same thing. Course.. that could be one reason my sex life suffers so much, too. And hey .. I claimed the fantasia hippos first. I swear I feel like them on a daily basis. But you know.. they're kinda cute......

Derry - One thing about kids... we can't *make* them do anything. If your daughter is going to get healthy, it has to be because she wants to. I know, I'm going through the same thing with mine.

The accomplishments thing. Red, Jolly - I think I'm somewhat of a mix of both of those. ****, I'll use anything and everything to keep people away from me. Then wonder why the heck I'm always so alone. I just don't know how to relate to people in general. In general, I don't even like most people. Bah.

Ok, so I have the exercise getting back on track, I have the eating going in the right direction, and water is getting there. I need to work on portions now. And this weekend I'll be able to buy better foods than I've been able to in a while. That always makes a big difference, the ability to keep healthy food around instead of cheap crap.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Chachee?? Where are you? I hope you're ok.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #137  

I'd like to comment on the subject of people liking/disliking. I agree mostly with Red, people like people who like them and make them feel good.(I don't think my brain is up for this in depth.) And people like to find common threads, interests, experiences. Personally, I think experience and maybe "achievements" are great as long as they don't get too self absorbsive. Ego can get in the way.
Anyway, my slightly self-absorbed brother-in-law had a birthday yesterday. We had a fun time. I had 3 beers and paid for it. My stomach has been very strange lately and I'm pretty sure it's the alcohol that ties it up into painful knots. I was feeling crummy enough that I couldn't eat dessert and I was very uncomfortable all last night. Slept terribly. I'm begining to wonder if it's my stomach that is causing my weight loss. I tend to think there is something drastically wrong with me when I do manage to lose a little. Well, I'm pretty sure it's the breast feeding thats causing the weight loss. And now that I'm physically unable to drink alot, that will help.
My kids are whining for dinner so I gotta run.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 PM   #138  

Hey all. Sorry only time for a quick post. Job(s) have been hectic, and I don't want to post from work anymore. Trying to set a good example.

A great big hello to everyone. Raven, congrats on the guinea pigs - I mean guinea horses. That is great news. YOu will do wonderfully.

My positive thing for today is that I was craving a ton of junk food, and I was able to recognize the tapes, and head straight home without finding an excuse to stop at the store.

I will try to post more tomorrow. TAke care everyone.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:37 AM   #139  

Tanzie, hope you do ok with the rank test. I do think that people of all sizes and shapes can do well with this kind of thing, plus the exercise and movement is so good for you! You go girl! Is it a belt or a stripe?
I need a mini goal too, perhaps I'll think about that today. I am going to my ww meeting today with no prayer of losing anything. We went away over the weekend and I was fed, a bit problem for me! Also, I didn't use much restraint when I took my son out to lunch yesterday and it was DH's birthday this week. All of this added together sounds like a gain to me. But, I am not quitting and I will go to my meeting and try to "start over" for the millionth time.
I think I am going to have to change my user id here at 3FC (only kidding) to the start over gal or something like that... I keep doing that.
I journalled last week until Friday and then lost it.... will start anew today and hopefull do better.
I am feeling like an alcaholic who has slipped and can't get back "on the wagon". I keep trying and then something happens and I fail again.
Continuing to try,
Linda in NH
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #140  

Hi all. Derry, I think we all feel like that from time to time. Give a shout out. There is usually someone left on the wagon to drag you back up. Or, just tie a rope on and drag behind like the rest of us

Exercise? Poor. Food? All I can say is I am trying.

Sigh.

Hear me bouncing along behind the wagon???
Old 04-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #141  
Student of the Hoof

I am the queen of starting over. I lose 30 pounds, gain some back... start over. Lose 30 pounds, gain it ALL back, start over... rinse, repeat.

Every time I get to the point where I'm not invisible anymore, I gain the weight back. My daughter did the same thing. When I said I didn't like people in general, that also translates out to a total inability to cope with attention. And if anyone dares to think that overweight people are not treated differently than their more slender counterparts... I have a nice plot of swampland to sell them. I have GOT to deal with it this time.

Jolly - I'm so sorry. I know how insanely frustrating it is to keep trying, and trying, and trying... and not do what you know you need to do. I'm slowly clawing myself back onto the wagon, but I slip too often at this point to say I'm actually on it.

Derry - Same. This year has been a hard one it seems. For a lot of people. And it's only April! My great hope is that the worst is over. For all of us, and that we can start getting on with things now.

My food was on track as far as I am taking it. A success today. I haven't started logging calories or anything yet. I just wanted to get a handle on being able to decide what I was going to do and do it. It's been getting better each day. Now, today, if I can stay away from the dessert goodies for the rest of the night, I'll have it made.

I did my pilates this morning. I did not want to, Sam I Am. And I caught myself making excuses as to why I "shouldn't" do it. But I did it. Finally. And it was hard, and many swear words were muttered under my breath as I was gasping and flopping, but I did it. And I know that as long as I can keep from giving in to the urge to throw a brick through my TV, and keep doing the pilates three times a week, in about three weeks, I'll be ok.

Tomorrow it's Couch-to-5K again.

One
Step
At
A
Time
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #142  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh guys, a quick and selfish post here. My tracker has moved! Yeah!! Just a bit but anything is better than nothing. I confess to having a can of beer last night. But just one. I was chatting with a friend on the Webcam and he was drinking and I just couldn't resist not joining him. Is this a strange world or not?! Drinking with people cyberly.

That train accident was horrible. They still don't have all the bodies out. Maybe at least 20 more in there and it's now 48 hours later. Looks like the death toll will be around 100. I'm used to it now but yesterday the reports on tv were really bothering me.

Anyhow, back to work. Take care all! Sorry I can't address you all personally.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #143  

Hey y'all. REd, I was thinking of you when I heard about the train accident. I hope nobody you know was involved. So sad.

Well, I guess I have a mini save to report. I decided to skip the barn tongiht and veg out at home with, you guessed it, junk food. I picked up a bag of baked cheddar and sour cream ruffles and a HUGE sized Hershey bar. I came home, made dinner, had some, but not the entire bag, of the chips, and the Hershey bar is sitting there, untouched. I realize I am overtired and overstressed, NOT hungry. So, after I type this, I am off to bed. And hopefully back to the gym tomorrow.

Have a great day all. I may have one finger hooked back on the wagon.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 PM   #144  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks, jolly. I didn't know or don't know of anyone involved in the accident. thanks for thinking of me.

Yes, though you had some chips, you didn't have the chocolate. And that would mean a major save in calories! Good for you. I have been really good but kind of lost it yesterday. Have found that if I munch celery or carrots or radishes, it really helps. Usually, I'm just bored and can't leave my desk because I need to do work and that, of course, makes me eat out of boredom and frustration that my activity is being so curtailed. You really should check out the McDougall site. I find that whenever I concentrate on veggies, I lose weight. It's very hard to do over the long run, but I'm thinking if I just do it for a day here or there, interspersed with not-so-veggie days, that I will stay come out ahead.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:41 AM   #145  

Sounds like we are all struggling with our own set of demons. My deamons are keeping me up in the middle of the night. I'm bummed out and can't get my mind from racing from one thing to another. Of course, I want food to help calm me, but I had only one piece of bread, period.
Red, I also thought of you with the train wreck. Not very comforting to think of as DH is going to NYC in the morning (actually it IS morning, but very early here) and it gives me one more thing to worry about.
For one day, Tuesday, I did ok. I was on program, the first time in ages and I did fill out my journal. I think my mini goal will be to journal every day this week, not a weight goal, but a back on track goal. I think I can handle that.
Journalling is a good thing for me, it helps keep me centered. I need that!
Anyone got a really yummy recipe for chili that is low fat/high protien for me to make for my daughter by the way?
Linda
Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 AM   #146  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey there chickies,
The worst thing we do is dwell on failing and the circle of starting over and over again - at least that's my opinion. I think it comes down to taking it one day at a time, thinking about what we're doing and just getting through the day.

Just like you with the Hershey bar Jolly. There will be days we reach for that stuff and you have to stop, think and push yourself to do the good stuff and maybe rethink the bad stuff. Good job on ignoring the candy Jolly.

The most important thing is that we try. What happened to all the good vibes at the beginning of the week? Keep posting those little "saves", ok?

Today is my birthday. I have the day off. I am ECSTATIC!!!!! My mom is visiting this week and I'm going to spend the day with her just roaming around having a mom / daughter fun day. We'll meet up with the hubby after work and have a nice dinner together.

And I feel soooo good today, and I realized that it's mostly because day after day, there doesn't seem to be too much that I look forward to. Most days are just another one foot in front of the other, get to Friday death march. Then I'm happy for 2 days on the weekend and start the cycle all over again. Comes back to that attitude thing I guess.

Well, I'm off to go take care of some morning chores before the morning is gone. Have a better day today. Celebrate the wonder of being you and why you make this earth a better place for us all.

And Derry - Turkey chili is pretty good and it's a fantastic source of low fat protein. Beans are a great protein source too - feel free to do more than just the kidney beans. The only "fat" is the olive oil and that's a good for you fat. It's the spices that make the chili so you might not notice the turkey instead of beef. First time I made a pot I did 50 / 50 ground turkey and beef until I weaned us off the beef completely. Hope you enjoy...

TURKEY CHILI
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups water
1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

**Obviously you can let it simmer more than 30 minutes - the longer it cooks, the more flavorful it gets.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #147  

Thanks for the recipe, Happy! I'm going to pick up the stuff during this week's shopping trip and try it out.
I feel like you do sometimes where there seems to be nothing from one day to the next to look forward to, we've got to stop that and find time to smell the roses each day!
Linda
Old 04-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #148  

Short post-today is my mother's birthday and I have to start getting things in order.
Congrats everyone on your small but important successes!
My stomach is alot better and my old appetite is back so I need to be more careful.I ate too much for dinner last night. I might have been able to post another pound lost but.....I'm hungry now but I'm going to have a bowl of yougurt & granola.
Well, lets get the wagon rolling, chicks! Hang on!!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #149  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Blossom
Short post-today is my mother's birthday and I have to start getting things in order.
In case you were wondering, no I am not Apple's mom. We just share the same BD.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #150  

Happy birthday happy if this is your special day!
As for me, I've kept on program today, thank goodness and did 40 minutes on the treadmill as well. I feel less out of control. I hope I can keep this up.
I set a mini goal for myself that is not a weight goal, but a journalling goal. I do well if I journal and I hope to journal for this entire week, with no slip ups! If I journal, I should probably lose weight - just the way I am!
Linda