Old 04-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #166  
Support soccer in the USA

It's good to see everyone's weight loss tickers going down. It's so inspiring!

This morning I was at the 30 pounds lost mark and I was so excited but then I started thinking about a friend of mine who lost 30 pounds two years ago and she gained it all back. It makes me nervous.

I guess you can't get too cocky about it and start thinking you can treat yourself to a little more because I'm thinking a little more become a little more again and again. How else do you get back to gaining 30 pounds?

This is new to me so if someone here has lost a lot of weight and gained it back could share their struggle it would help.

Thanks!
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #167  
Curvy Vixen

Hiya soccer,
I think it is harder to maintain then to lose. Losing, you stick with the plan and slowly it comes off. To maintain, what are the proper calories?Is there a plan to maintain? The weight loss plan usually goes out the window and we don't know what to do for maintance.

I maintained a large weight loss for years by exercising. I ate very healthy and ate what I wanted ( like pizza) once a week. Then my life changed and the stressors were so overwhelming that I just didn't care. I also suffer depression and with that the gain came on quickly.
I have learned that we are all human and we can't say "I'll never eat this or that". We will and we have to stop feeling guility about it. Even if the loss is slow, it is still a loss.
My good friend needed to lose a 100 pounds. She knew if she dieted she would go off and that would be it. She ate healthy and ate about 1800 calories with a loss of a pound a week. She slowly lowered her calories to 1450 and still lost about a pound a week. It took her two years and she is 100 pounds lighter. She tells everyone she never dieted, she just choose better choices. Now she eats about 1900 calories a day and maintains. What she did makes sense, but I am always looking for the 'quick fix'. I want five pounds off in a week. I know this is unrealistic but I WANT it!
I love your quote in your siggy, small victories matter too.. you betcha!. To see the face of my friend getting on a roller coaster is priceless. Taking her daughter to the movies and fitting comfortably in a seat made me want to cry. Small victories lead to large ones, one baby step atta time.....
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #168  

Whoa, this has grown. I hadnt been on in a couple of days and we have a whole new thread, thats great. Well i weighed in on monday and lost 4 pounds, i was so excited. Now if i can just keep it up i will be at my goal in no time. Well hope everyone is doing well. Deanne, that hedgehog is cute, lol kind of makes you laugh. Well talk to everyone soon.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #169  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas...

Lynn- Everything that you say is so inspiring for me!! I have been up and down the past 2 weeks and its driving me crazy! As soon as I feel that Im back on track, I seem to get off of it. I eat so well during the day and then at night...thats out the window. I need more willpower!!

Soccer- 30 lbs...thats awesome! Are there any tips that you can give to us?

Jessica- Congrats on losing 4lbs! The hedgehog was very cute. I just felt too bad having him in a cage.

Anyway, today I did great! Then, tonight I wasnt even hungry and ate french fries and chicken!! What is the deal? I eat out of boredom. So, I am building a website. Its something I have never done. I wanted something that I could channel that hunger into. Go to the pc instead of the fridge. The website is going to be mainly about losing weight. I will put a weekly journal on it after my Weekly weigh ins. Im also going to add all of my pictures to it. Its faster to upload them to the site than to the photo site that i have them on. Anyway, when Im finished, ill give y'all the link.

So, funny story. Back in september, I wrote a letter to a military newspaper. I was so mad that they had put on the front cover a small article about a beheading in Iraq and then a huge article about the Emmy awards. I really never thought that it would be published. Anyway, my dad sends this email to me saying that he had done a search on Ask Jeeves and the letter showed up. I made sure to put my maiden name on it so that Nic wouldnt get any crap at work. The paper has an office here where he knows all of the people there. So, check it out...its the 4th one down. http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?...9&archive=true

Ok, will check in later. I hope you all are doing well.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #170  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok, there haven't been many posts today! I hope you are all too busy exercising!! Kim and I walked this morning between rain showers. The weather here is really nasty.

Lynn- please let us know what the other kids parents say when you talk to them. I hope they believe you and are willing to do something about it. You are right about some parents attitudes. They should act like the parent and not their buddy. They will have tons of friends in their lifetime. Only one true set of parents. Sad, isn't it?

Soccergirl- I have lost and gained also. My problem was going back to my old way of eating. What in the world makes us think that we won't gain it back? There has to be permanent changes. That is my biggest fear too. I am afraid I won't be able to say no to all the stuff that made me fat to begin with. But I also have learned from my mistakes, I hope. Hang in there.You are doing great! I think the fear of gaining it back is what took me so long to try again. I can lose it, but can I keep it off this time? I am going to go back and look at pictures of myself at this weight (even though there aren't many)! That way I always know what I DON'T want to look like again. It is so hard to do. Don't let fear stand in your way though.

Jessica - YEA! That is awesome! I weighed in Monday also and lost 5. Feels so good doesn't it?? Way to go!

Deanne- good for you doing the website. That is something great to put some energy into. Loved the article too. That is crazy! What in the world were they thinking? Good for you for speaking your mind!

Well, gotta go find something for dinner.
Later Vixens!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:00 AM   #171  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi vixens!

I am still here in the background, more or less. I have been super busy at work lately--and the class I am in right now is intense. So I haven't had much time to check-in! Just wanted you all to know I am still around. It's nearly 2am, just finished some homework--now I need to go to bed before another killer day at work. Ugh! Needless to say the stress hasn't been helpful with my eating patterns. That always gets me! And I keep thinking I have to get myself on track--for good. But somedays it is so hard! Help! Tomorrow is a new day!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #172  
Curvy Vixen

aloha vixens
deanne~ I'm glad I was aspiring to you. Please please give me the link to your web page.. I'd love to read it.Good for you on speaking your mind. Loved the article and thanx for sharing.
karen~~ stop this stress now!! I know things get so hectic... sigh.. That is the circle of life isn't it?? Good luck in your class.
Kim~~ I will let you know what the parents say. I'm getting up my nerve. I have a new dilema now. Heather is interested in this boy ( boy? he isn't a boy, he is 18) He goes to another school and lives in the next town from us. She told me they met through a friend and have been talking on the phone. I googled his name and got his website ( heather doesn't know). This kid is wild!! He drinks and smokes and apparantly has a few girls interested in him. He has met a girl from the next state over and sees her from time to time. He wrote he was in a bad car accident last year and nearly died. I don't think this guy is for my daughter. Now what? fess up and tell her I found out about him, or simply say no when he comes knocking at my door. The drama never ends...
Hi jessica!!!!

write latah vixens...
Old 04-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #173  
Curvy Vixen

vixens, I broke down and went shopping at the new torrid's in the mall
USA
(12 - 28*) USA
(0 - 4) UK / Australia Europe Japan
12 0 12 / 14 38 / 40 9 / 11
14 / 16 1 16 / 18 42 / 44 13 / 15
18 / 20 2 20 / 22 46 / 48 17 / 19
22 / 24 3 24 / 26 50 / 52 21 / 23
26 / 28* 4 28 / 30 54 / 56 25 / 27
*Size 28 in selected styles only.
they had this conversation of sizes, Hope this helps with the confusion
I bough a green dress with a bandana print and a black and white skirt.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product_...0Print%20Skirt
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #174  

oh man Lynn, your in quite a dilema. I dont think i would let her go and hang out with him. But not really sure what to do in that situation. That skirt is so so cute.

Well i had a good day yesterday, ate good, worked out good. But when i got home, by boyfreind wanted to go to a sports bar. So i ate chicken nachos there not good. So i was very upset with myself. So today my goal is to not give into temptation and eat what i have planned out for the day. Well hope everyone is having a good day so far. Hey Deanne cant wait to see your website, im sure it will be great.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #175  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!

Kim- I talked to my Mom and she said the weather there is awful. She said there was a tornado in Brandon. I worry about her sometimes. There honestly is nothing here weather-wise that threatens us. Except the occasional sand storm in the desert.

Karen- You sound stressed! We're here for you, you know that

Lynn- You are so sneaky!! I would be too though. I have no clue what you should do. I don't have kids yet. I what I would want my Mom to do if I were your daughter is to talk to me about it. I just dont know how you should approach it. Im sorry I cant help you more! By the way, I like that skirt.

Ok, Its about 5pm here...just hanging out with Nic before he has to leave for work. So far so good on the diet. I need a favor from y'all. Night time is my temptation for fatty foods. Please...if I get that temptation, Im getting on 3fatchicks. I have my lean cuisine ready. If I can get through tonight, I think i can get back on track 100%. Ok, Im going to take a long bath.

Love
Deanne
Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #176  
...just keep swimming...

Hello all! Sorry to dissappear on you. Had a bad week last week, and was up 1.2 at WI Monday. YUCK! Just been reading along, but not posting much. I have managed to jump back on the WW wagon and have had a fantastic week so far!

Going back to read more...
thatgirldina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

I am going to vent a bit, hope noone minds.....

Am I strong enough to lose weight? Am I strong enough not to eat the cookies in the cookie jar? Am I strong enough to take care of myself?

I don't want to spend another summer embarrassed of myself. I don't want to spend time at the pool watching my children play ---- but not going near the water myself. I don't want to go to another of my dhs work events wondering if he is embarrassed of his fat wife. I don't want to be embarrassed of myself any longer.

Am I strong enough, committed enough to eat the right foods? Am I strong enough to live my life in the present and not keep holding off till I weigh 150, 140, 130? Am I strong enough to be myself now so that I can lose the weight? Sometimes I wonder that I need to embrace the me that I am now to become the me that I want to be.

Thanks for listening.

Lynn --- my sister is going thru something similiar with her 15 year old dd. Mollie likes a guy at her work who is 19, high school drop out, had his car shot up by gang bangers, will be spending a month in jail for reckless driving and to top it off he is an illegal alien. But Mollie is convinced he just needs a 'friend'. What do you do? My sister feels that to completely go to war against the guy is to make this a Romeo and Juliet sitiation, but there is no way they are going to condone it. Teen age girls are so tough to raise.
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #178  
Curvy Vixen

Hiya vixens
Deanne.~. we are here for ya girlie!! Just get through tonight... (( sending ya willpower vibes)) I'll be here my time around 9ish.. that would make you 5am... LOL.. hmmm

back to me~I have those same feelings. Do I really have what it takes to lose weight for good this time. Do I have the energy to NOT eat the cookies.. ((( well last week, no infact). This is a constant battle, but in the end we will win the war. Small changes lead to big. Keep the faith.. Thanx for the insight about your sister with her daughter, it is such a hard age, they aren't babies but not yet adults... This too shall pass..

dina~~ howdy vixen.. what is up with you??

Jessica~~ shake off those chicken nachos, today is a new day. It is ok to eat what we want at times, because this is life. As long as we recover and move on.. You can do it.

I am planning an anniversary party for my friends this summer. I am having a blast planning this with other friends of ours. My friend lisa is low key, conservative and shy. I can't wait to see her face when 50 people yell surprise. Her hubby a few weeks ago took her to an "adult shop". It had cutesy stuff, like playing cards, and choclate lolipops shaped like well you know... she was mortified!!
so my inviation starts like this ( of course I can't send this to family only close friends )
Come celebrate the anniversary of Lisa and Fred
a rumor is going around their sex life is dead
Fred took Lisa to 'Giggles' to buy her a toy
Lisa said to Fred, "My what a dirty boy"
I'm still working on the rest...
I think she is going to kill me.. LOL...
Old 04-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #179  
Movin' right along...

Lynn...that is going to be hilarious!!!
Oh, did you send me pictures to my email address?? Someone sent them from a cell phone from sprint. I have no clue who the girl is!

Love,
Deanne
Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #180  

Lynn, as far as your daughter goes I'd steer her to his web site. If you can maybe ask her if she thinks he might have a web site since so many kids do nowadays.. help her to stumble onto it. Maybe it will give her insight into who this kid really is. I know, slippery slope, but its better for her to know now then find out to late. I wouldn't take a stand and say no you absolutely cant go out with him, but I'd definately make it so it would be a chaperoned event lol. If she insists on dating him, then say "fine we'll make it a double date..you and him, me and your dad.." she if she's still into him. I have 4 daughters and I'm trying to come up with ways to torture them as they grow up lol.
Kim
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote