Old 04-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #211  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok. I am with Kim. I think I will stay on Phase 1 another week. I am bored with it,but it certainly won't kill me. I don't know how, but it looks like I gained a 1/2 pound. WHAT DID I DO???? Anyway, I am not giving up. What is one bad week compared to the rest of my life? We didn't get to walk today either. It is so stormy here. Just nasty!!!!! Anyway, Just wanted to post real quick. I will be back later!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #212  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Oh, I am doing South Beach Diet also. Ditto what goddesskim said!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #213  
Support soccer in the USA

I'm simply counting calories (I eat 1200/day) write down everything I eat. Drink a lot of water (8 servings) and exercise everyday.
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #214  

I am doing to same as Soccer, counting calories and exercise, with at least 8 glasses of water.
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #215  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hi everyone Little post of the early evening, before we get to eat dinner, hehe.

Lynn - I follow Montignac. It's mostly known in France, I suppose, but it doesn't matter, I guess. It's mainly about eating foods with lower glycemic index (50 is the max that is "allowed") and not mixing carbs and lipids (so no pasta+cheese, but pasta+tomato sauce/mushrooms is okay). Not too complex to follow in social meetings either, unless said meetings are full of bad foods, but then any plan would be blown up by these anyway. Oh yeah, and I can lose weight while still being "allowed" to eat pasta and rice (provided they're not made with eggs/processed). All good, all good
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #216  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicks! Today was good...stayed on the diet. Not great but still stayed on.
I take Zoloft and it makes me feel like I cant get enough food. So, I stopped that about 2 weeks ago. Now, tomorrow, I will start a new antidepressant called Motival. Its cheaper and isnt supposed to cause weight gain. We'll see. I think that if an antidepressant that causes weight gain sort of defeats the whole purpose. Im going to be even more depressed if I gain anymore weight!!

Anyway, so I've given up getting a rabbit. I went to one of the many pet stores that we frequent and found a new animal. They have a spider monkey!!! We had a baboon when we first got here and we were told it was trained but it wasnt so we got rid of it. I held the spider monkey though. It climbed in my purse. So cute. So, its on my wishlist. My husband wants it too. Its $1,000 though

Ok, Im going to eat some fruit. I bought alot of it. Im going to just cut it all up and eat ALL of it...hehe. Its still in my points.

Ill check in later. By the way Lynn, Im on WW Flex plan. Lynn, is everything ok with you lately??

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:24 PM   #217  

Deanne, didnt you mention being bipolar or was it just depressed?
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #218  

A spider monkey aww that sounds so cute. Oh man Deanne you've had all sorts of animals. Well i have stayed on my diet today so far. i can do it the rest of the day. The past weekend has made me so tired today. But have to go workout today after this weekend cause i did bad. I also need to catch up on some house work.Well talk to you Chics later.

Jessica
Old 04-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #219  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!!

Kim- Yes, I am bipolar. Oh and I forgot to tell y'all what happened the other day. Nic is working nights. Well, his friends were having a bbq out by the pool and invited me since Nic had to work. So, I went out there. This jerk stands up in front of everyone to tell me hi. He grabbed my side and tried to pull me down on his lap. Then, he says"oh wait, you're bipolar, you might kick my a$$". I really dont think i have ever been that embarressed!! It was awful. So, I just said "whether Im bipolar or not, I could still kick your a$$ so sit down".

Anyway, Jessica...good for you staying on your diet!!! I think I did pretty well today too. Just have to keep going

Love,
Deanne
Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #220  

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but i thought that if you were bipolar you couldnt take antidepressants. They tend to trigger manic episodes .. unless there is a new batch of them that are safe.. Dunno, just thought i would ask. And don't be embarrassed over that ***.. whether you are bipolar or pmsing your mental health isn't anyones business. You are who you are.. remember God doesn't make mistakes
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #221  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Deanne, so you got a spider monkey? I am going to have to look that up. I know I have seen them at the zoo, but I don't remember what they look like. You really are an animal lover!
Oh yea, good for you stickin up for yourself. Was the jerk someone you know? What an a-hole .

Ok, back on track for me tomorrow. I am going now to ride my stationary bike before bed.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #222  

Ok ladies, i had to go to the second page of the thread list to find this! We are seriously lacking on posts lately! Everyone get motivated and start typing. I know its spring and there is tons of stuff that needs done, but lets not forget about our commitments to losing weight. This thread is very helpful to provide support that we might not get elsewhere. So lets get back into the swing of things.. for everyone that's struggling its ok, we all have set backs. We just have to get up dust off the powdered sugar (from that awful donut that snuck up and jumped into our mouthes) and decide to try again. It's when you dont that you actually fail. We're all gonna have times that temptation gets the best of us and that's ok. If we didnt, we wouldnt be human.
I wanna hear from some people!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #223  

I know i need to get back in the swing of things. This past week wasnt a good one. But i want to be able to loose ten pounds by may 15th. That shouldnt be a problem. ITs a whole month to loose it. So lets get back in it. I have lost alot of inches but only 6 pounds which feels great because my clothes fit better but i just wish it would show on the scale. I really need to get back in being serious about this. Spring should make it more encouraging to lose weight because of the weather, then next thing you know its gonna be summer.So come on ladies, LETS DO IT. I need your help though, as some may need mine. Love you Vixens. Thanks kim for those encouraging words also.

Jessica
Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #224  

Yaaaahhhhoooooooooooooo Jessica.. congrats on your loss.. inches are in fact better than pounds on the scale. It motivates me more to have my clothes fit better or looser than to see numbers on the scale and my clothes fitting the same. Keep going and those numbers will come down.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #225  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas...

Goddesskim-You're right about the antidepressants. Most bipolar people take a combination of an AD and a mood stabalizer. Some anti epileptic medicines are used for mood stabalizers. This is what I do. Its a matter of finding the right "cocktail". I wish I didnt have to take them at all. When you're trying to find the right medicines, you have to take so many different ones. Which is what caused my weight gain in the first place. Also, you're right. We all need to post when we can. Everyone needs the encouragement.

Kim- We didnt get the spider monkey. I wish I did take Nic to look at it today and he loved it. Its just wayyyy too expensive for us. We're trying to plan our first anniversery so we need to save money for that.

Jessica- Ugh its already summer here. If it were spring, I could say that I still have time to lose weight before summer. I wouldnt be caught dead in a bathing suit right now. Thats motivation enough for me. Just to be able to go lay out at the beach

I just woke up...its almost 9pm here. Im on this weird schedule with Nic. I had some green tea and 2 rice cakes for breakfast. I was just not that hungry for some reason. Which is not a bad thing. I tried something new yesterday. I made some warm green tea and then put a slice of a green apple in it. It was so good! It added a sweet & sour taste to it.
I'm going to be working on this website and adding all of my pictures to it tonight. I will give y'all the link later. If their are any pictures that y'all have, I'd love to see them. Its nice to have a face to the screenname

Love,
Deanne