3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 and Getting Healthy #22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/54469-over-50-getting-healthy-22-a.html)

Sheila53 03-10-2005 05:20 PM

Sorry, ladies, the time got away from me last night.

I'm so glad you're getting your home computer back again, Bluet. And awfully sorry you're having to deal with the bully. That can be totally draining. Six above zero. Brrr! I won't tell you the temp here, but will say that I have to go to a consignment store in a few minutes to see if I can buy some T-shirts. I have mostly sweatshirts and long-sleeved stuff here at the apt., and the boxes in storage are so packed that I can't find the clothing box. March isn't supposed to look like this.

Hey, Willow, so good to see you here. I love that peony fragrance, which is strange because I don't particularly care for the peonies. Also got gardenia lily and I don't like gardenias. They just smell different as body lotion, I guess. My problem with Bath and Body is that I get tired of the scent about 3/4 of the way through the bottle and want something different. So maybe I should try the purse-sized bottles. Oh, greasy tallow on the roof of the mouth--yuck, yuck, yuck. We haven't heard from Fatpuss since July, but we're still ever hopeful.

Thanks for the pulse tips. Still can't find it, and the instructor has a hard time finding it. I guess some people are just harder than others. My neck muscles are so hypertrophied from my neuro disorder that taking it that way is pretty difficult. Not sure why it's so hard on my wrist--thick skin??

Charlotte, glad you're back, too. So. . .you were lurking! That's okay. Sometimes I get into lurking mode, too. You must have decided not to change your rheumatology appointment to an earlier one? As you can guess, I'm still praying that you'll hear some good news when you go see the doctor. Any new work on your house? Sounds like spring is springing where you are so hopefully you don't have to worry too much about the tarp on your roof. By the time the new roof is on, you just might be missing that special blue glow that only a tarp can give! :)

Look at those comfy kitties, SunnyD! Makes me want to curl up someplace cozy, too. Bet they love it when you turn the dryer on and make it all warm. My tuxedo cat, Arrow, is a big fan of the laundry basket, mostly when it's full of clean clothes. He's also good at jumping into drawers after I've opened them and turned my back for a few minutes. I go to put something back in the drawer and there's a big kitty sitting there looking at me. Cats can be so darn funny.

Yesterday we went to the DMV and became true Oregonians. I wish I could have kept my Washington driver's license photo because it's a good before photo and the new one is a good (almost) after photo. No more neck "rolls" and double chins. I was nervous about passing the written test, but I did better than I did on Washington's. I almost failed the Washington one, and my daughter did fail it the first time. It seemed to take forever to get the license and registration.

After we did that, I took an hour rest, and then we left to go to Eugene, Oregon's second largest town, about an hour south of Corvallis. My sister turned 55 yesterday and invited us to have dinner with her and her DH. I haven't seen her in over a year so that was nice. DH and I got some dry ice and one of those Omaha Steaks boxes that we saved and went shopping in the "big city." Corvallis doesn't have a Trader Joe's so we went there. Also can't find Boar's Head deli meats, but the one place in Eugene was closed so we still don't have any. Got a dozen bagels, too. Then we went to dinner at a place on the river. I didn't get back until around 9:00 pm and I was tired.

Today my DH got the news that HP is offering people voluntary severance, which means to cut costs they're trying to get rid of people voluntarily before resorting to layoffs. This, of course, is occurring right around the time we close on our new house with the largest mortgage payment we've ever had. My stomach is all tied up in knots now. *Sigh*

Hope you all are having a great Thursday, and TGI (almost) F.

Angel-lover 03-10-2005 06:44 PM

Hello everybody....

Sheila...I really enjoyed reading about your town! Isn't it fun learning a new place?! I sure hope all goes well with DH's job. I know how that feeling is. I DID drop the MRI film off at the Rheumatologist office Monday. I feel if it's necessary to talk to me before the 21st, he'll call.
Yes...yes....there's a few shingles on my house!!!! Should be more this Saturday....it's suppose to be a beautiful day. :)

Hello Willow....try to post often!! :D

SunnyD...so glad you're feeling better today. Been praying for you, girl.

Bluet....Hope you're feeling better, today. Love ya lots!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...outhismuch.gif

I had an appt with my GP today. I let him know just how lousy I've been feeling....which is unusual for me. I think I got his attention. He ordered lots and lots of blood work. Going to check for Lupus, Fibromyalgia, some kind of anemia, & see if the RA factor has gone up. My blood pressure was up, so he decided to check it again, before I left, & it had gone up more! So, he wouldn't let me leave for awhile. They kept checking it, until it was 136/90...then, I left. I have infection in both ears & throat, too. Whew!!!!!!! Glad this day is over! I got lots of prescriptions. (can't fill them...no money. ) & will return in one month. If not better, he's going to get with my Rheumy & see what needs to be done. Maybe I'll find some help somewhere!!! I still haven't heard from my Rheumy on my MRI's. Probably won't until I get a treatment on the 21st.

willow_1 03-10-2005 10:06 PM

Hi! Me again!

Hi Girls,
Charlotte, I think your blood pressure may have been up from the pain. Mine goes up when my hip pain increases.

Sheila, I have relatives in Molino and Mulalla Oregon. How far are you from there? I think they are also about an hour from Eugene, and I have a nephew who does live in Eugene.

Hi Sunny, I'm glad you're feeling better today. You certainly MUST be feeling better with all the work you're doing!

Hi Bonnie. That guy is still at it, huh? And the big shots don't see that, or do anything about it? I gotta hand it to ya, ... you've got a lot more patience than I do.

I thought I'd leave this trivia for you gals and see if any of you remember any of these. or have heard of them. I'll put the answers on tomorrow.
See ya all later! Have a good night!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOUNDS
OF YESTERYEAR

HORSES AND HORROR

Take a walk down
Memory Lane and
Listen to the Radio.

TRUE CRIME, MYSTERIES AND HORROR

1930s to 1950s

1. THE SHADOW, debuted 1930.

The show was based on a series of novels entitled “SHADOW“ by Walter Gibson. Contrary to the title, the show had nothing to do with an invisible man.

Can you remember the bone-chilling quote at the beginning of this radio show which seemingly held the fate of the world in it's embrace for 30 minutes every Sunday afternoon?

A. "Never forget, the shadow is following you."

B. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men“ The Shadow knows!"

C. "Have you seen your shadow?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. GANG BUSTERS, debuted 1935.

The first program portrayed the death of the Lady In Red's friend, John Dillenger, at the Biograph Theatre in Chicago.

The show featured the sounds of violence, police whistles, breaking glass, the staccato bursts of machine gun fire and metallic burglar alarms.

How was this thriller billed?

A. ‘We exist only to bust up the gangs who work to destroy
the American Way of Life.“

B. “Wiping out gangland warfare to save the world.“

C. “The only national program that brings you authentic police case histories.“

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. YOURS TRULY, JOHNNY DOLLAR, debuted 1949.

Dollar was played as a freelance insurance investigator with a keen mind, and a nose for murder. He was known for his shameless padding of expense accounts. As narrator of the show Dollar would begin each show with “Expense account: Item one“ and we were off and running.

How did Dollar sign these mostly fictitious accounts, when presenting them to his companies boss?

A. “Love 'ya boss, JD.“

B. “Eternally yours, JD.“

C. “Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.“

4. THE LONE WOLF, debuted 1948.

The Lone Wolf was the pet name for Michael Lanyard, just another radio gumshoe. He was usually found sipping highballs at the Silver Seashell Bar and Grill.

This show had a very noticeable resemblance to another detective series. Can you name the series?

A. Falcon Crest.

B. The Falcon.

C. As the Falcon Flies.

5. THE INNER SANCTUM, debuted 1941.

Fear was generated by organ music, rumbling and deep, sounding as if he organ was being played underwater.

What was the sound effect used to open the show?

A. The screech of a Raven saying “Nevermore.“

B. The sound of fingernails running down a blackboard. This sound raised the hair on the back of necks all over the US.

C. The sound of a door to the basement being opened, to insane laughter. The groaning and creaking of that door created shivers up and down listeners spines.

6. DICK TRACY, debuted 1935.

The show was based on Chester Gould's comic strip detective and opened with a burst of radio code, and Tracy's summary of the crime scene, all relayed on Tracy's wrist radio.

Can you name some of the character side-kicks of Tracy's?

A. Tess Trueheart, Vitamin Flintheart, and probably the most memorable, the crew cut wearing Flat Top.

B. Mahem Milgilicuty, Virginia Vedders, Plug Norton, Butch Fenders.

C. Joe Bob Skinner, Ralph Malph, and old Doc Fogarty.

COWBOYS AND INDIANS

1930s to 1960s

7. DEATH VALLEY DAYS, debuted 1930.

With stories rooted in fact, this series became one of the most respected dramas of early radio. Written by Ruth Corwall Woodman, it was rich with strange characters, the formost being the Old Ranger who fought the never ending crimes of bushwhackers and cattle rustlers.

Do you remember what sound effect opened the show?

A. The call of an Army-issue bugle.

B.“Giddyap! Let's go catch us some bad guys,“ by an unnamed announcer.

C. “Head 'em up, Roll 'em out!“ followed by the crack of a bullwhip.

8. GENE AUTRY'S MELODY RANCH, debuted 1940.

Aurty liked to tell his listeners that the show was being beamed directly from his home, Melody Ranch, in the San Fernando Mountains. A “Cowboy Classic“musical number and several simple jokes helped round out every broadcast.

Do you remember the name of Autry's sidekick?

A. Right eyepatch wearing Johnny Jakes.

B. The forever jovial Pat Butram.

C. Cowpoke Bill Jenkins and his wonder horse, Davy Crockett.

9. TALES OF THE TEXAS RANGERS, debuted 1950.

Featuring “authentic reenactments of actual Ranger case histories“ this series brought cowboy star Joel McCrea to the radio waves. Only names, dates, and places were fictitious “for obvious reasons.“

Do you remember McCrea's Ranger name?

A. U.S. Ranger Sammy Spade

B. U.S. Ranger Jase Pearson

C. U. S. Ranger John Goodman Thompson

10. WILD BILL HICKOCK, debuted 1951.

Fists flew as Wild Bill Hickock warded off bad men with his knock-out punches and his trusty sidekick, Jingles, butted them with his fat gut. Bad men flew though the air and peace reined once more. At least until the next broadcast.

Who played the title role of Wild Bill Hickock and who played Jingles?

A. Guy Madison was Wild Bill and Andy Devine played Jingles

B. Fess Parker was Bill and Andy Walther played Jingles

C. Clint Eastwood was Bill and Billy Bob Thornton played Jingles

Bluet 03-10-2005 10:50 PM

Hello,

Well, Survivor was interesting, but I really didn't care who left on the team that lost the immunity, I like the other team better. DH thought I was being rather ruthless. He thinks I should be cheering for the underdog. But I happen to have liked the other team right off the bat, so that is who I cheered for tonight. After all they really know how to build a latrine, and I would be in an absolute panick if I did not have a latrine or shower. :) CSI was ok too, at least it was not a rerun, from what I could tell. Interesting how they dropped the Katherine-Warrick thing like a hot potato, perhaps they got mail. Gregg is having fun with the lab tech that replaced him too.

Well, Sunny glad you had a better day. It is nice the Sun was out all day for you. We were very cold with snow showers allllllllllll day, man I am so tired of winter. I am suppose to have the grandboys from Green Bay this weekend for an overnight. They are really looking forward to coming to visit the farm grandma and grandpa. I know I will be exhausted come Sunday night. I didn't get everything done at work this week either. (sometimes I think I am pretending they aren't there, so I don't have to deal with them) :o . I won't have time tomorrow, because Friday is always wrap-it-up day on everything else I do. Oh Well, make the best of it and have faith right? My computer's hard drive failed and it took Joe a bit of time to order a new one and install it and get all the programs back on the drive. I didn't loose the financial parts, I had a good back-up, but I am up and running, which is a good thing.

So Sheila, what are you up to? Are you over at the new house, painting and installing flooring and stuff like that? Miss your posts, I don't think you ever missed two evenings in a row, except perhaps when your were moving to Corvallis. Can we see a picture of your new home sometime and mabe a picture or two of those tulips? :)

Charlotte, has it stopped raining down there? We are still getting plenty of snow. My car was so dirty yesterday, I kept putting off getting it washed, because we had so much sloppy weather and roads of late. so last night I finally broke down and spent the $21.00 for a full interior cleaning and wash and wax, and what happens all day today it snowed and my car sat out in it all day :( Talk about a waste of money. Oh well, the inside smells nice and looks nice and clean. Have you heard anymore news about your neck and your thumb Charlotte? Just wondering how you are doing.

Willow, it is so nice to have you back on the thread. You love winter, but aren't you getting a little tired of it by now too? Did you ever resolve you hip problem?

Wonder how Diane is doing?

Have a good Friday everyone, you are all special!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Bluet 03-10-2005 11:08 PM

Isn't this interesting, when I started my post, Sunny's was the only post, when I posted my post, up popped Sheila, Charlotte and Willow, according to the times, we weren't all posting at the same time. hmmmmmmmm. Well, Sheila you didn't go two evenings without posting, you didn't break your record after all. :-)

Good Night guys, I gotta get to bed, I was yawning all afternoon today.

Bonnie

willow_1 03-11-2005 04:14 PM

Answers to trivia

Hi Gals,
Have you all noticed that 3fc site has a lot of spyware? Every time I come here I have to run my Adaware because my pc picks up spy ware here.

Anyway, here's the answers to the trivia.
Hope you are all having a good day. It's snowing and blowing here and I'm still listening to CD's and transferring them to pocketbooks.

CORRECT ANSWERS

1 THE SHADOW answer: B

2. GANG BUSTERS answer: C

3. “YOURS TRULY, JOHNNY DOLLAR“ answer: C

4. THE LONE WOLF answer: B

5. INNER SANCTUM answer: C

6. DICK TRACY answer: A

7. DEATH VALLEY DAYS answer: A

8. GENE AUTRY'S MELODY RANCH answer: B

9. TALES OF THE TEXAS RANGERS answer: B

10. WILD BILL HICKOCK answer: A

SCORE HOW RADIO SMART YOU REALLY ARE...

5 to 10 correct: WOW! You are a REAL Radiohead!

2 to 5 correct: Oops, you must have been doing your homework.

0 correct: Whatsamatter“ Mommy send you to bed without your radio“

FOR YOUR NOSTALGIC PLEASURE
http://www.rusc.com/old-time-radio-downloads.html

Sheila53 03-11-2005 11:16 PM

All right! I got one right. I come from the first TV generation, I think, Willow.

Hopefully, Charlotte, the not hearing anything is at least somewhat good news because if it was an urgent problem, I have to believe he'd call. That's a bummer that you're feeling so bad these days. I thought disability came with some health care, too, like Medicare or something, although I guess Medicare doesn't have prescription coverage. Maybe a minivacation to Canada? When I went to fill my Actonel prescription, and we were in the insurance "gray area" when the new one hadn't kicked in, the pharmacist told me that the four pills would cost $95. Medication in this country is just too darned expensive. My friend had some leftover antibiotic (they changed the prescription)--I wish I could send you some. Are the infections from the lowered immune system because of the treatments? Every time I hear an RA commercial, they say something about being susceptible to infections. It's hard not to have high blood pressure when you've got so much darn stressful stuff going on.

Bluet, when I read your post and it said I'd been gone for two days, I couldn't understand why you said that. Then I read down further and discovered your other post. I wonder why mine didn't show up? Strange. . .

I'm enjoying the Greg/new DNA tech (what is her name?) interplay, too. Greg is often the comedy relief, which I like. Love his strange hairdo, too. I wonder how he wears it in real life. I wasn't communicating well about the tulips because they're at my old house in Seattle, and I won't be seeing them come up. :( My new house doesn't seem to have any bulbs, or at least I didn't spot any last week when I was there. There was some daphne in bloom near the door, though. I love the smell of that stuff. We aren't closing until April 1, so I won't be seeing the place until then.

Get this, though. HP is sending out letters that should arrive on April 1 to the people that they want to take what's called voluntary severance. So we won't know if my DH has been targeted until the day we close on the house, and probably after because the mail arrives late. We were talking about letting the house go and losing the earnest money and stuff, but we're going to be optimistic and go through with the closing. Even if he gets the letter, we'll have enough money to live off for over six months, although health insurance will of course be an issue. And a 54 year old guy finding a job will be an even bigger issue. Trying not to stress about it, but it's difficult. If I could work, I'd feel a bit better about things because I could go out and earn money while he's looking. I should hear about my disability by the middle of April, but I certainly can't count on that. Oh, well, things will work out.

My friend stopped by unexpectedly today. I was still in my pjs, and I was on the phone upstairs. I heard the dog barking, but since I was on the phone, I didn't do anything. He just wouldn't shut up, so I got up while talking and then heard someone at the door. She was just about to leave, too. We had a nice chat, although while she was there, the chain on the toilet broke (she's taking diuretics and had a big cup of coffee--three times to the bathroom in an hour!) and she ended up messing with it. Don't I treat my guests well?! :lol: Then in the afternoon, another friend and I went to a quilt shop. If my DH still has a job, I'd like to take a quilting class.

Dog show this weekend, along with a wine tasting event. I'm going to take advantage of wine tasting and appetizers for $5. Have a good time with the grand kids, Bluet. Hope you get some rest and feel better, Charlotte, and Willow and SunnyD, hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

candlelady4 03-12-2005 06:48 AM

I'm here, I'm here better late than never. ;)

It has been a gorgeous week weather wise and I have been enjoying being outside instead of in the house on the puter. The weather today is going to be in the 80's, but then a cold front is coming. :(

Enjoyed reading all the post glad you are feeling better Sunny, you sound so joyful. The old saying when we have our health we have everything is so true. I have felt nearly normal again. :cheer:

Charlotte good to hear from you.

Hi Willow and Bluet hope all is well with you girls.

Sheila glad the house closed one less thing on your mind. I would be wearing my socks too, can't stand bare feet even in my own house. I am weird....I hope everything works out ok with hb job, that is scary.

Not much to report from here I am pretty boring but that is ok considering the alternative. I like a nice quiet life. :) Still fighting with my weight as yet I havent made a committment to lose but still working on it but in the meantime I am gaining. :( I am still going to Curve's but I am going to start walking also so maybe that will help.

Have a wonderful week end and thanks for being my friends....

willow_1 03-12-2005 05:54 PM

hello from MN

[B]Hi Friends,
I guess the reason I don't get on here much anymore is because every time I do I have to make at least two tries because my computer freezes up on my first try and I have to re-boot it.

There is a place called Outreach that a friend of mine gets his meds and he only pays $5.00/month per prescription. He said his Dr writes his prescription for three months worth at a time with one refill, and he emails it in and they send his prescriptions through the mail. They don't have all medicines though. He said they have 50-some meds. He also takes Plavix which is like $5.00/tablet and he gets that free directly from the drug company that makes it. You have to meet certain income guidelines though.

Sheila, I hope your hubby's job is safe, but, really, when you think of it, whether you rent or buy, you have to make a monthly payment, so you might as well buy and own it in the end.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hello to everybody. Gotta go. Have a wonderful weekend![/
B]

Angel-lover 03-13-2005 08:57 AM

Good morning,
It is a beautiful day in North Alabama! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...howLetter8.gifDH got a little shingling done yesterday, but he's so very sick with a cold that he just didn't feel well enough to do much. My ear & throat infection doesn't seem to be getting any better. :(

You're right, Sheila, RA makes me susceptible to infections. Then, my white blood count is so low, I can't fight it off. I checked on some online sights for ordering what Dr wanted me to take. The cheapest the antibiotic would cost is $70 & the other (that helps keep the infection off) was over $200! I take meds that I can't do without for other things that come to approx. $400 a month....
Yes, Medicare comes with SS Disability, but it doesn't cover drugs. My check is just above the amount to qualify me for Medicaid.

My Dr also was getting one of my expensive meds through the drug company, Willow, to give to me at his office. Another company bought them out, though, & they won't give the patients the meds. It made my Dr mad & called around for me & found a cheaper pharmacy....but, it's still high. He gives me large quantities of samples of Zertec, so that helps. I told him I couldn't buy it. I'll try to find that Outreach place you talked about, Willow....thanks.
We're not the poorest folks in the world, but we do have other bills to pay other than buying medication. :^: DH is self-employed, so we live from week to week. All savings went into this house, that we wish we had just walked away from 2 years ago. It's too late now, though. We'll just have to do the best we can. We've been really concerned about the fact that DH has no health insurance, & we can't seem to get ahead enough to get him any. It's like DH said yesterday, seems like the Devil is coming after us from every direction. :(

I'm sorry you have problems coming to this site, Willow. I don't have any problems with it. I wonder if anyone else does.? When I first come to it, it's slower loading than some, but after the first page, it's ok.

Hello Diane...glad you're enjoying the pretty weather. I don't blame you! Just let us know that you're still around. :D So happy you're feeling well. :coffee: Love the graphics!

Hi SunnyD...Glad you're feeling better! Now, girl, you've been gone a couple of days, so.............where are you?????????
I'm going to get me a Juicer, when I can. I've been doing research of foods that make RA better or worse, & it seems that fruits & veggies in the juicer is the best way to go. I've got to start helping myself & not count on meds so much. I also found out sweets are my worse enemy!!!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!! I'm going to try, though. I've got to get better.......maybe just one doughnut a day? :^:

Hi Bluet....I know you'll be tired when the weekend is over, but those grands do love us, don't they? My two, that are here every other week with their dad, went with him to get hay for the horses yesterday. They really had a great day! I could hardly find their faces last night, for all the dirt!! :lol:

Well, the house is the quietest it's going to be all day. No one is up yet, except me. I love my alone time in the morning, with my puter, coffee, & doughnut! :coffee: Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Bluet 03-13-2005 06:17 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Grandkids are busy watching ShreikII, so I thought I would drop in for awhile. Those Shreik movies are really weird. :o I like my prince and princess to be gorgeous beautiful people, I am so out of touch with reality. ;)

Well, another cold weekend here in the upper mid-north. Last night it got down to below zero. Everyone you talk to has just had it with winter. Last year Spring was really late and all the farmers had a window of three good days in a row to get all their planting done. Tractors ran around the clock in that race. I hope that does not happen again this Spring, whenever it comes. The grandkids dressed up warm yesterday and went in the woods with the men to make wood. They had a good time running around between the trees and sliding on the ice, they don't seem to mind winter.

Charlotte, I am sorry that you can't get all the meds you need. :( I am sure that sore throat and ear ache won't heal without an antibiotic. If I had some antibiotic you would find it in you mail box as quickly as possible. I am glad the weather is nice for you. That surely is something to lift ones spirits. Isn't that wonderful when the house is very quite and you can sit and meditate without interruption? It is like a slice of heaven.

Sheila, I think my DH was 54 when he graduated from Tech School and got his associate degree in electronics. As I have told you before he has a good job, where he is treated well. He also had your DH's fears about being 54 and not being able to find anything, but he prevailed and I know so will you DH. All will be fine. I don't know what Daphne is, I am going to go look it up on the internet when I am done here. All of my pereninals and roses are still under snow, which is where they belong when it is so cold outside. Hard to believe in a couple of weeks it will be Easter. You have a birthday coming up in April don't you? and Willow does too. So do I, it gets me a little closer to retirement. :) which as Martha would say "Is a good thing". ;) It's a good thing I don't have many morning visitors, because with my naturally curly hair I am afraid I would scare surprise visitors away. :D My hair resembles a bottle brush when I get up in the morning.

SunnyD, now where are you girl? How are you feeling these days? Hopefully well. I still think about our chat on the phone the other night. It was so good to hear your voice. Thank you for caring.

Willow, I got everyone of your radio questions correct. So what does that tell you?.......I am old enough to remember radio pretty well and that makes me pretty old. :( It is too bad that you have so many problems coming to Fatchicks. I don't have DSL at home and the first page loads pretty slow on my home computer, but other than that I don't have many problems with the site. Keep coming back though it is so nice to see you here.

Diane, yes quite it good and safe and restful to the soul, I cherish my quite days. I am glad things are looking up for you, and I am happy that you come back when you can. DH was watching golf on TV today and the game was in South Florida. Everyone was walking around in short sleeves and no jackets. Man, can't imagine what that is like! Take care of yourself. Enjoy your good weather.

Well, it got pretty quite in the house, I better go investigate and see what's up. Have a good Monday everyone. Watch out for all the bullies out there. :lol:

Love.....Bonnie

Sheila53 03-14-2005 12:23 PM

Good morning!

Bluet, just consider the fact that you got all the radio questions correct another step toward retirement. :D Haven't seen the Shrek movies, but have seen the ads on TV, and have to agree that I like my movie royalty a bit better looking. In fact, I'm sure glad that Charles had kids with Diane and not Camilla! :lol: Okay, you're going to have to clarify something for me. How do the men "make wood"? Is that a midwestern term for chopping firewood or something this city girl just doesn't know? Hey, I didn't know that about your DH. I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel. We spent quite a bit of time yesterday researching jobs, and he found 13 in the area. Well, the area extends about 1.5 hours north of here, but I do know some people who make that commute.

Charlotte, sounds like your whole family is succumbing to the creeping crud. I hope your DH feels better soon, too. It's too bad your dr. can't give you samples anymore. I hope the place Willow mentioned will help. I've read a couple of things about RA and nutrition recently. Of course, I can't remember what they were, and by the time I sat down at the computer to mention them to you, I'd forgotten them. But hopefully you can find something on the internet--in fact, I'm sure you'll be able to. So what's in bloom around your house? The cherry trees had a pretty short blooming time around here. Just a couple of days ago, I mentioned how beautiful this one street was with all the cherry trees, and yesterday we went down the same street, and the blossoms were almost gone.

Willow, that's a bummer that you can't get on here easily. You're sure right about having to have someplace to live, although the rent payment here is about half of what the mortage payment will be. But I would feel better having my own house with my own yard to play around in.

Diane, 80 degrees--wow! That's getting almost too hot. :D How are the grandkids doing? I think changing your habits slowly is a great way to go, and the fact that you've committed to Curves is wonderful. Now that the weather is so good, walking sounds like a great exercise to add, too. Have you made any changes with your diet? Sometimes just making small changes like drinking diet soda rather than regular, or using skim milk rather than 2% can result in pounds lost.

We had quite the busy weekend, although lots of fun. We went to the indoor farmer's market and bought a little bit of artisan cheese, and some fresh greens for salad. Then my DH dropped me off at the dog show while he spent his $50 gift certificate at Home Depot. I saw a person I knew in Idaho and stopped her to say hi. The only bad part was that I couldn't remember her name. I remembered the kind of dog she shows, what she does for a living, and just about everything else except for her name. It was embarassing because she knew mine, and I had to ask hers. We then went to a wine tasting event in the downtown area. For $5, we got a wine glass, probably about three glasses total (about 1 Tbl. at each stop), and each business that had a winery rep had appetizers so we ate those instead of dinner. We did stop for gelato. I had never had gelato before--it's good!

On Sunday we looked for jobs, then went for an hour's hike up a nearby peak. I haven't been hiking in years--it was wonderful although painful. I don't know how often I want to do that, but it was great. We went to our friends' house for wine (I way overindulged in wine) and then to an art exhibit where they were serving appetizers. Another free dinner!

Have a great Monday everyone! I've got 1/2 hour to shower and get to my massage appointment. Yikes!

SunnyD57 03-14-2005 03:08 PM

Hi Gals!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I am doing great, feeling pretty good and I even ate a dinner out over the weekend :D :sunny: I just have allot to get done today, so I'll be back this evening to fill you in on my weekend when I have some time to post to everyone. Joe has a practice tonight...

In the meantime... hope you all are having a great day!!
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-14-2005 08:09 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/STPATS17.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/STPATS44.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/STPATS18.gif

I'm back to post to each of you lovely ladies... :)

Hi Sheila, Yes, my boys do love it when I turn the dryer on or fill the laundry basket with fresh warm clothes... especially my little black & white guy, Domino. If there's heat there's Domino. As for the drawers... you should see my 15 lb'er (Zeppe) try to get into the small undie drawer everytime I fill it and leave it open... all he can get into it is his hinny; then he just sits there as if to say, "well, make it bigger, so I can fit!" :lol: I love how they make me laugh!!! :lol: Domino is sitting on my lap right now... making it very difficult to type :o He keeps pawing at my hand & rubbing his nose on my chin trying to get me to stop and pay attention to him & staring up at me with those BIG green eyes of his... such a Cutie-pie. How are you and your furry kids holding up in the apartment?

It's so WONDERFUL to hear that you have lost so much wt. that you have a great looking license photo now. Oh my goodness... I wonder if I could pass the written test again? It's been so long and I am terrible at written test! I'm glad to hear that you had no problems at all ;)

So your DF came through for ya with those Omaha Steaks boxes, huh ;) That's wonderful that you had such a good time with your family, Sheila... you just sound so happy there!

I am soooo very sorry to hear about DH and his HP job! :( I will keep you both in my prayers that he will NOT be on that list!!!! You never know... and if he is... prayers that he will find another job real soon!!!! :crossed: Oh my goodness... I couldn't imagine... prayers, Sheila!

I laughed so hard when I read about your friend catching you in your PJ's - that would be me too! Not to mention the broken toilet chain! :lol: :rofl: I would be running into your bathroom for other reasons :p - you gotta get that toilet fixed soon :D

The farmers market sounded wonderful!!!!! Right down my alley! Same with the dog show... I wanna come 'with' next time ;) Hope you had a good massage today :bubbles: You sure do need it right now :bubbles:

Hi Charlotte, I LOVED your puppy animation!!! I shared it with my mom today in her e-mail... she loves puppies!

I saw on the weather channel that you were having some nice weather :snooty: I WISH ;) But I am so sorry :sorry: you are still not feeling well enough with those infections to enjoy it :grouphug:

I hate to say I told you so... but... I'm gonna! :smug: I knew that sugars would be an enemy of yours, Charlotte... it is for me too! I am very sensitive to it - as is Bonnie. My hubby has RA factor in his blood (I think that's how the Dr. said it), but he doesn't have full blown RA yet... the juices and the vitamins seem to really help my Joe feel better. And he doesn't eat allot of sugar either, but when he does all he does is complain about his hands, elbows and his left hip hurting him. So try real hard sweetie to stay away from sugar as much as you are able to ;) I want you to feel better too :sunny: I love my juicer and I know you would too. It's a little work, but oh so worth it. In fact, this morning I made a celery, carrot and lemon juice that is really very tasty :T It doesn't sound like it would be, but it really is good! I drink a fresh veggie juice twice a day now. It is also very easy for the digestive system to juice, that's why it's great for me. Try 1/2 a donut a day and slowing wean yourself off all together... they are so bad for your arteries & your RA :^:

Thank-you so much for your Prayers... they are sure working!! Like I doubted for a minute that they wouldn't... ... coming from an Angel :angel: Prayers back at you!!! I have said some Prayers for you in that you find out some solid answers to your health problems and that someone will be able to help you. I bet it's hard when you look so good to get people to believe you sometimes... I KNOW it happens to me! They say, "But you look so good!" Okay... so I will look good when I gone too ;) Am I making any sense to you :lol: That's okay... I know what I AM trying to say ;) :lol: Well, you just keep on truckin' girl!!! You will find some answers too, you'll see.

Hi Bonnie, I'm so glad that your pc is up and running again :cp: I don't have DSL either... but I do have an Accelerator from my ATT that really helps speed things up. I hardly ever freeze up now. Plus I keep my computer Defragmented, that really helps allot too!

*Survivor*: I'm so with you! I didn't like KIM and was very glad to see her voted off! She annoyed me so much --- so full of herself and thinking she was above any work! I too like the other team allot!! They work well together... but you know that it won't be too long before the producers throw a money-wrench into it all, mixing things up a bit - allot!

Did you hear about *American Idol*??? Mario left the Top 12 and Nikko is coming back in his place. They weren't clear as to why he left, but the talk is that he got a contract that was far better then if he won *A-Idol*... :chin: hummm

Winter---US TOOOOOOO!!! We are sooooooooooooo tired :tired: :tired: :tired: of WINTER!!!! You know something... my DH came in the house Saturday morning before we went out to breakfast & actually began crying... he is so fed-up with the snow we are having, shovelling and driving in it. He felt so much better afterwards - it's always a great relief to cry it out & I am glad he does (!) and lets it all out (healthier) - it's just that he has to do so much driving in it, it really works on him. Thank goodness that it was a SUNNY day today and is suppose to be that way for at least two more days. It's very COLD (!) but when the sun is out, it doesn't feel so bad.

Oh my... I bet you were very tired this morning having to get up for work today after having the grandkids over all weekend :faint: Did you have a good time with them?

Hi Diane, I don't blame you one bit for wanting to be OUTSIDE instead of at the computer!!! Enjoy!!!! I know I would be if we had your weather!!! I am glad you are doing well yourself :flow2: I will say a prayer for you too... that you feel the "want" to go out for a walk everyday, even if it's short... just to go for 20 min. a day will do you some good ;)

Yes... that saying is so very true! I do so enjoy life when I feel well :flow1: And so far, I am still doing very good. I even put in 30 minutes this morning on the T-Mill again and plan to do that for 5 day out of the week as long as I feel well. I want to do more,but have to be careful not to overdo and become ill again.

Hi Willow, I liked the *SOUNDS OF YESTERYEAR* you posted... my father has the whole collection of old radio stories and he listens to them every night to fall asleep by... I could hear them sometimes when I was a kid... so I did know some of the answers, believe it or not, but not many. It was fun checking out the site though, I sent it to my father to enjoy too.

*~*~*

As for Joe & I: we had such a nice weekend... we went out to breakfast with Mike & Peggy on Saturday morning (I ate before we left & just had my tea there); then we all went grocery shopping. We got home at noon-ish and I had to type up some things for Joe's Choir (Easter Celebration). then at around 4:30pm we also went out to dinner :hun: with our pals (our monthly dine out together :) ) and it was great, because we found an Italian restaurant that is willing to work with my food program... the chef actually came out and spoke with me! I can't believe I ate out and didn't get sick that night or the next day :D We'll be going back there again sometime soon! I had Chicken Marsala - but he broiled the chicken breast (no seasoning, he let me do that) & served it with the Marsala Wine Sauce & mushrooms on the side (no butter, he used very little olive oil instead) & steamed veggies (no butter). All served with a veggie salad (no cheese) and the oil & vinegar on the side - then I can control how much Oil is ON my salad :D Oh and one slice of their Italian bread (no butter)... too yummy to turn away :T

Sunday we went to church and then came home and just enjoyed a quiet day together reading the Sunday paper and catching up with some taped shows I just couldn't stay awake for, but didn't want to miss. It is gonna be very busy for us (mostly JOE) the next two weeks with Palm Sunday and Easter just around the bend. Joe has meetings & practices all this week - I'll be going to one of the practices on Tuesday (for our group), but most of my work will be typing & making photo copies of what Joe needs for his Choir. It's always so hectic two weeks before the holiday's (Easter and Christmas mostly). But... ohhhhh soooooo Beautiful when it all comes together.

Today I had some e-mails to catch up with (to my family) and then I had to begin my cleaning & laundry... I'll get that finished tomorrow, I am plumb tuckered out right now. Lately, anytime between 8 and 9:30 is a struggle to stay awake! :tired: I didn't think I had been gone all that long :sorry: but the last time I was here was on the 10th :o I popped in just to try and keep up with the posts, but didn't have the time to post myself... so I guess I was a lurker too ;)

Well, I am going to call it a night gals... I think I wrote a book! :ziplip:
See you all tomorrow :goodvibes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/STPATS77.gif
SunnyD :df:
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 03-15-2005 09:00 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/STPATS78.gif

:flow2: Good Morning Sheila, Charlotte, Bonnie, Diane & Willow :flow2:

What a great feeling to wake up to :sunny: sunshine
and
the sound of the birds singing away http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/BIRDS21.gif

*~*~*

I hope this finds you all doing well... it's been pretty quiet :^:

I have already gotten in my exercise today :D What a nice feeling!!! To be able to exercise again and feel so well too!! :smug: I didn't realize how much I missed it! I walked on the T-Mill 1.52 miles this morning - Goal (at the moment) to get in 7 miles at the end of each week right now... then as I improve I will increase it, but I think I can do this. I don't do the T-Mill over the weekend... just too much going on weekends and besides - it gives my body a chance to catch up ;) I hope to begin toning exercises next month 2X a week :crossed:

I'll check back later
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/BIGHUGS.gif

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*