3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Over 50 and Getting Healthy #22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/54469-over-50-getting-healthy-22-a.html)

SunnyD57 03-31-2005 09:05 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...terFlowers.jpg
*Good Morning Gals!*

Hi Bonnie-2, You almost got the Font & Size & Color to work for you... the beginning is correct you just forgot to add to the end of your post the same thing, but with this symbol [/ at the start of each... and you may not want the size to be 7 - that's pretty big... maybe 3 or 4. As for cents I just write cents or use a small c and degrees is on the #8 key (example: *) just use the Shift ;)

Sounds like you had a great start to your day with that breakfast :T I had my 8oz. of Very Veggie juice and fiber @ 6:30am (a must for me) and then at 9:30am I will have scrambled eggs with 1/2-C of cooked Old Fashioned Oats and 1-C of fresh blueberries added to it for my breakfast. I hope you have a great day!

I'm glad we got that all cleared up, Angel ;) I have lifted you up in prayer this morning along with your friends at the station. Here is something I though you could latch on to today to put your mind at rest.

Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by God All-Powerful. I will say to the Lord, "You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God, I trust you."
Psalm 91:1 & 2

I do hope and pray that you have a better day today... I found another Angel for you ;) She's appropriate for the reading I left you, don't you think so :^:

Hi Bluet! Did you see *A-Idol* last night... Jesisca Sierra got voted off. I really thought that Anthony would - but I hear allot of 9 and 10 year old kids think he's cute and are voting to keep him on... too funny :smug:

:wave: Hi Sheila!
Hi Diane!:wave:

*~*~*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...unnyDaySig.gif

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bon5000 03-31-2005 09:17 PM

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=Magenta][/

SunnyD57 03-31-2005 09:20 PM

Hi Bonnie-2, Here is a LINK that will help explain everything to you.

Just click on this link I give you here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bluet 03-31-2005 11:14 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just a note to let you know I am ok, but depressed. Had a rough work week so far. Not the OB, but the owner. Oh my gosh, and the beat goes on.

I am going to be very busy the next few days. My DH's siblings and spouses and I are going to wash walls and paint the walls at my dear MIL's duplex. Tell you more about it later.

Sunday grandson next door is having his First Communion so, if you don't hear from me don't worry. I'll be back.

Charlotte, we are so lucky to have each other, you are so right. Thanks for the love. Hope you are ok and things are looking brighter. Oh by the way, I don't think those ruffians we aiming for you and Connie, I think they just firgured the money was in your office some place. Also, I think you video idea is super. I would love to hear you sing something. :)

Sunny, can't wait to get your CD, I am so excited. Idol.....Scott should have gone, based on performance, Simon was right. I would have liked to see Jessica stay around for awhile. I am shocked that Nadia does not have a bigger fan base. Survivor.....I feel so sorry for the tribe that keeps losing, I guess they are going to have to merge now, since Bobby Joe and Steph can only vote against each other. That Colby is so entertaining. What a hoot. CSI definately had a new twist tonight, who would have thought that they were all working the same case. Good job on your walking. :D

Sheila, are you paint head to toe? Hope all is going well.

Bonnie2, Keep trying. 60 degrees! We haven't had that warm of temps yet. 99% of the snow is gone though. :cool:

Diane, hope you are doing well too. Don't forget about us.

Love...Bluet

Angel-lover 04-01-2005 10:40 AM

Hi everybody,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I spent most of the day trying to find a way to burn my pictures on to a CD. I'm suppose to have a CD burner, but, kept getting the message that it couldn't find the CD-R driver! :( I did an extensive search for free downloads for burning pics. I could find a lot for audio........
I went to the beauty pageant last night. :) My 3 girls were BEAUTIFUL!!!! The middle one (Jessica) got 2nd alternate out of about 15 girls...so that's good. The other 2 didn't place (but, SHOULD HAVE!)...at least in my opinion! They were ok about it.

I haven't heard the results of the award banquet....probably would have if I had won. One of the camera men (Bobby) was asked by the Chamber to film it, so he said he would make a copy of the tape for me to have....they were going to give lots of recognition to all the nominees. At least, I'll see how it was. I admit I was a little "down" yesterday & even shed a few tears(that no one here will ever know about). I'll be posting some beautiful pics in a couple of days for you all to see. :D

SunnyD...what a beautiful angel!! Thank you. :) We are working out a new system at the station, so people won't know so much of the "business" part. A lady that helps in the studio (Marilyn) presented me & Connie with a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers during "Tennessee Valley Now" yesterday. That was so sweet of her! She said it would make our desk look a little better & cheer us up. It did JUST THAT! :D Thank you, also, for the verse.

Bluet...I'm sorry you're depressed.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...throwingxs.gifI love you, friend. I can call YOU, too, you know! :D Hope all goes well with the communion!
I hope the intruders weren't aiming for me & Connie....but, everyone knows I collect angels & she collects lighthouses. Those kinds of things were broken. They had to go in between roll-a-dex, phone, adding machine, etc to get to those things. Also, some of my things were actually stomped on! It's ok. Not everyone is going to love us, it would be nice, but not going to happen. Everyone also know we are close friends. I may go ahead with the video idea, if I get up the nerve. I don't know if I want you all to hear how I sing....I have tapes out, but I'm not a professional.
Please take care of yourself.

Bonnie-2...Bless your heart. Just put the [....] at the beginning of the post, and the [/....] at the end of the post. Just need the / at the end...that / means to stop! I know it's not easy when you're first learning. When I bought my computer 3 yrs ago, I didn't even know how to turn it on. I didn't have anyone to teach me any of this, so learned by trial & error....so keep trying....you're getting close. I'm on another thread that a lady had a very hard time learning. Now, she posts better than I do, & more beautiful graphics than I can find!!!! Not fair when they get better than the teacher! :lol:

Sheila... stop painting long enough to post! Love ya........
Yes........hi to Diane.......

SunnyD57 04-01-2005 12:32 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FDragonfly.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ing20ahead.gif

I'll be back later to post, if I am able...
{{{hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sheila53 04-01-2005 01:38 PM

SunnyD, sounds like you and Joe had a relaxing Easter after church and a whirlwind couple of weeks. I'm glad the program went so well. Hey, I'm in total agreement about brick red. Yellow with white trim sounds good for a house, but I'm not sure about this particular house. Since painting it is far in the future, I'll have time to think about the color. So where are these photos??? :) And I can't wait to get the CD--how wonderful you are for doing that!!

Charlotte, although the vandals only broke your stuff and your friend's stuff, I don't think it was a targeted attack. I think it was just easy to break little things in the back where nobody could hear them. They're cowards and I bet they knew that stuff was personal and you'd be upset more about that than other things that belonged to the station (although of course you'd be upset about that, too!). I sure hope they catch those horrible people. Yes, you DO want us to hear you sing!! Please, oh, please! The tape idea is wonderful!

I'm so glad you went to the pageant, although I can understand how hard it was not to be at the awards dinner. Your granddaughters will cherish this, and you've set such a good example about keeping promises even when something else comes up.

Bluet, sorry you had such a horrible week at work. When can you retire? I bet you're counting the days. Is your MIL moving, or are you just helping her with some spring cleaning? Sounds like you've got a lot going on this weekend. Hey, I finally got Potatoes, not Prozac, but I haven't had much of a chance to read it. The floor refinishers are at the house today so we won't be doing too much in the next few days and maybe I'll have a chance to read it then. Glad to hear that most of the snow is gone. Hopefully since it's April 1 there won't be another snow storm again until, well, next January?? :)

Bonnie2, you'll get the hang of graphics, etc. soon, with all the help from these wonderful ladies. I'm too lazy to learn how to post much of anything else so I admire you for trying. How is Jazzercise going for you? Are you going to be a registrar, too? 60 degrees--lucky you! Are your trees and flowers blooming?

So I'm stiff and sore and I told my DH to schedule my knee replacement for the near future. I spent four hours pulling up tack strips and staples out of the hardwood floors so the floor guys could start refinishing today. Tell me your DH doesn't do that on a daily basis, Charlotte! We could save a little money on the carpeting if we pull up the carpet and remove the staples, but after yesterday--no way!! I'll pay full price and have everything done.

Had to hire someone to finish removing the wallpaper, and what he's actually going to do is re-do the walls because the wallpaper wasn't put on correctly. So far we've painted the dining room, living room, hall, master bedroom, and three walls in the office plus we've painted the casings around the linen closets in the hall, and I've primed the linen closet doors and some drawer fronts. I have to mess with the one office wall where I removed wallpaper, and then I'm going to paint it an "accent" color. After the floors are done, and the wall guy does his thing, then we'll paint the guest bedroom (and I'm scrapping the two-tone look because I'm too tired!) and the two bathrooms. We're painting the family room and priming the kitchen this weekend because we don't have to walk over the newly refinished floors to do that.

So that's what I've been doing. And I want to abdicate my role as a parent. Oh, my, it's tough when your recently married youngest calls from across the country with marital problems. I'm glad she feels she can talk to me about stuff, but it's so stressful, and I've got enough stress with the house and the potential layoffs. Right now we're waiting for the FedEx truck to stop by our apartment (that's how HP is notifying people). Every time I hear a truck, I look out the window. Gonna be a long day. . .

Sheila53 04-01-2005 08:12 PM

Well, my DH is one of the "chosen." :( He has until the third week in April to decide whether or not he wants to take the money and run. The question is, where does an almost 54 year old man run to? He's had two phone interviews, and another scheduled for next week plus he had to fill out some information on another job. He can always decide to stay where he is and hope that enough people take the voluntary severance package so that he won't get laid off, but that's sure a roll of the dice. However, his high-up manager said that she doesn't want any of the developers leaving the one area of the company that is making money. If they persist in this brain drain, then they may have cut costs, but they'll have a lousy product.

What to do, what to do.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The floor guy said the stench of the floor would drive us out plus he doesn't want any drafts on the floor so we're staying away until Monday. I think we need a nice, relaxing weekend right now.

bon5000 04-02-2005 06:45 AM

Good morning all
Sunny d how & where do you get all your great graphics? I enjoy them.
I don't plan on being a jazz. registrar, just was curious as to the benefits.
I go to town for groceries On saturdays. We are babysitting 1 granddaughter tonite for a few hours while they go out. Jenna is just 1 yr. old .
Made french toast for breakfast. Nice change as I had the time with no weekend work. dh & I have a business together, have had it for 30 yrs.
I better get my day started. :coffee: [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]/

candlelady4 04-02-2005 07:35 AM

Good Saturday Morning

Goodness gracious I have missed you girls. I am so far behind on the post so I am going to just send some hugs from Texas to all.

I hope everybody is doing fine.

Sheila sorry to hear about DH, I will keep him in my prayers. Everything always works out when we think it won't so just hang in there. You have been one busy woman. I can't believe you can even move. I know the house is looking so good, I am very happy for you.

Charlotte I am so very sorry to hear about the break in. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would want to destroy another persons property, especially one that is doing so many people such good. It is getting really scary how the world is getting, so many mean people. Congrats on your nomination, way to go girl. I hope you are feeling so much better.

Bluet it is the week end, I know you are so glad. I am sorry you have such bad times at work, been there and done that. It makes life so miserable, I used to try so hard to not let it get to me but could never do it.

Hi Bonnie hope you are having a good day.

Sunny how are you feeling sweetie?

There hasn't been much going on here just staying busy with Bradley and I mean busy!! Just ten more weeks and the baby will be here, so hard to believe the time has gone by this fast. Man oh man I am going to have my hands full. :dizzy:

We got quiet a shock on Easter morning. We woke up to snow!!! It hardly ever snows here so it was quite a shock, it didnt last long but was beautiful while it lasted.

I don't have much going on today just need to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some much needed groceries. :( Then guess I will veg out the rest of the day. I have been seriously trying to lose some weight, I was put on Lexapro for depression a few weeks ago and my weight jumped up, so don't know what to do. :?: I have a appt. Wed. at Dr. so will discuss it then. I do not want to take something though that puts weight on you. My daughter went on it and she gained 30 lbs. very quickly and then she got pregnant and went off and lost weight.

I will try and check back more often sure did miss you girls.

Hugs, Diane

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:10 PM

Sheeeeeilaaaaa??? Here are the pictures...

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:15 PM

Easter Gift from my Joe

This the Teapot Joe bought me for Easter...
aren't the colors just beautiful!
It's hand painted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...asterGift1.jpg

The tea cup is one I had in my collection:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...asterGift2.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:27 PM

A Happy Camper!

Joe standing next to his new 2005 Work-van :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...andNewVan2.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 04-02-2005 04:28 PM

Weather???!!!

Sunrise on March 30th ~ Beautiful... NO SNOW:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...seC3-30-05.jpg

TODAY! SNOW!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Snow4-2-05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tures/Snow.jpg

I believe that Alabama got hit hard with this same system and had to deal with floods... but here in NE, Ohio --- we got SNOW :faint: It's darn-right yucky out there! Cancelled all our shopping plans for today... it doesn't look like it but we got around 4 inches. Joe is in the living-room playing with his DVD Recorder and I thought I'd catch up with you gals :)

Be back...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bon5000 04-02-2005 07:28 PM

[....]testing[FONT=Impact][SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple][/....]/