Old 02-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #76  

MARY!

Sorry I'm late welcoming you. I've enjoyed reading your posts. You're doing well with your weight loss, & hope you'll stay with us.

MISSMUFFET!

You're absolutely at the right place! You don't even have to be over 50 (SunnyD isn't), but, you're right.....it IS harder to lose & maintain as we get older. Stay with us, here. We all encourage each other in weight loss, & well as life's ups & downs!
I'm 55, have twin daughters (36) another daughter (31) & a son (25) & 11 grands! A wonderful husband, who puts up with a lot from me. I've been on SS Disability since I was 36 due to an auto accident that messed up my back. I have severe Osteo Arthritis. Then, 2 1/2 yrs ago I was diagnosed with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I try to keep my weight down, mostly to help with health issues, but it would be nice to look as well as I can, also. I do volunteer work 3 days a week at a local Christian TV Station, as the secretary...co-host for the evening news, weather, etc., host of program "Spotlight on Churches", & my own program "Vision of Heaven", where I do a little singing. This helps me to get out of the house, & not lay around so much. I enjoy it tremendously....+ it keeps me from wanting to gain too much weight! I also go to "Assisted Living" to sing with my BIL. I used to do more, until this darn RA got me down. The main goal is to stay as active as possible....it helps others & myself also. Drink LOTS of water!!

Hi Bluet....yes, so far, everything is normal with the station's website. Maybe it was just kids from Iraq that hacked into it. Sure was scarey to see that on the screen, though.
Well, your weekend of fighting the snow just, almost, made me not want to see any! I don't think I'm going to. Still seeing a lot of rain, though. DH has got the decking on the roof, now. He's got to get the paper & shingles on. His work has picked up, so he's having to bring in a little money. Really needed around here, so roof's gotta wait. Cleaning carpet!! Then, the game....you ARE a busy lady!
I did have a busy weekend, but not the way you did. DH's aunt passed away, so we were going back & forth to the viewing & funeral. They live 1 1/2 hrs drive (Huntsville), so everything took time. DH's dad has Alziemer's, & she was his sister, so we had to watch him closely. So sad.

Hi SunnyD...glad you're feeling better. I think Valentine's Day & Birthday's (Connie's, here) took a toll on a lot of stomach's. I know you really suffer, because of my twin daughters being like that. They just won't watch their diet, though. Except for soft drinks....they've cut them out. Helps a little. Sounds like you had a very nice VD!
You asked about the cervical collar. For now, I'm wearing it to keep my neck stabilized until surgery. I'm having to go through testing, & it's taking some time. I go Wednesday (tomorrow) to get MRI's done. Neurologist is hoping this will rule out RA in the spine. With 5 discs in my neck involved, I don't need to make it any worse. Also, with the circulation being as bad as it is. I was so surprised when he tested me & found my whole right side was effected....blood flow, weakness, etc. He took pics of my thumb. I wanted to ask him why he did that, but thought he might think it a dumb question. (I am blonde. ) I go back to him Monday.
You did not offend me about the sugar. I know you care. It'll take a lot more than doughnuts to interfere with our friendship.....although I may fight you for a doughnut!! I know I don't need sugar...but I've had the problem all my life. Even when I was skinny......yes, I used to weigh 98 lbs....underweight....can you believe that!! Anyway, I've ALWAYS had issues with sweets. When I was in the 3rd grade, my Dr took me off of all sweets for a solid year! I remember, I was going to a little country school....& the stuents took up for me & I received large grocery bags full of chips, nuts, etc that I could have for snacks, other than sweets. I'll never forget what they did! Anyway, if I'm able to conquer my problem with you girls, it will be a real accomplishment. I don't know why I'm that way...but, I crave it.

Sheila....get moved....we're waiting on you!

Everyone have a good Tuesday!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hello from sunny Corvallis!

Two new people--welcome! I think we're an incredibly cool group of supportive people, and we hope you'll stick around. I, too, had 100 lbs. to lose, and managed to get off 82 of it until the holidays hit. Got back to work and, like SunnyD, shed about half of my 7 lb. gain. However, this moving thing always causes me to self-medicate with food (I looked back at the last three times I've moved and each time the minute we found out we were moving, I started to eat uncontrollably--it's pathetic ), and I'm sad to say, I had to buy a new pair of pants in a bigger size. I'm bummed, but determined to get to my goal of 100 lbs. lost this year. We're planning on giving reducing/eliminating sugar a shot because we've all been impressed with Bluet's results and good health. In fact, thinking about it, she's the healthiest darn person on this thread, and I want to be just like her!

SunnyD, hope you're feeling a whole lot better now and are able to get up and around. I've read a little about IBS and have heard that you really, really have to watch what you eat or all heck breaks loose. Yeah, I could have lived my whole life without knowing about that particular weird fantasy life. Haven't seen the previews for this week's show, but will have to check it out before I watch. Sometimes I flip to Extreme Makeover because it's such a happy show with people transforming their lives and feeling better about themselves.

Will you all forgive me if I don't respond to everyone's post? I'm tired, and the setup for the laptop is uncomfortable. After fussing around with who was going to drive the truck and how to work getting my son back to Seattle, we ended up with my DH driving the truck, and my DS driving me and all the pets in his truck. It was definitely a comfortable ride, except for the meowing and whining. Okay, and my son's driving was a bit much for me, but we made it all in one piece.

I realized we went from a 2400 s.f. house in Boise to a 1300 s.f. house in Seattle, and now we're in a 790 s.f. apartment. Now that's downsizing! The major problem was where to put the cat boxes! The first night we were there, we had to put the cats in the second bedroom (which will be my DH's office) because my son had to sleep on the couch. The cats would have been all over him all night if we hadn't shut them up. About 5:00 am, I was awakened by a noise that I thougth was the cats banging on the door a little bit. I eventually went back to sleep, but heard the noise again about 6:00 am. After getting up an hour later, I went to feed and let the cats out and saw that they had dug up about a 50 cent sized piece of carpet from around the door. Aargh! We're there 24 hours and they've managed to destroy the place! Then my dog was on a barking jag and we realized we couldn't go anyplace without taking him because he'd disturb the neighbors. Apartment living definitely is not for me.

But the good news is that we put an offer down on a house. We should know by 6:00 pm tonight. Cross your fingers for us.

Oh, Charlotte, I had to laugh when you asked SunnyD if she had a good VD. When I was growing up, VD meant something other than Valentine's Day!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #78  

Oh Sheila!! You made me blush! I know what VD meant, also I didn't even think of that! We won't tell SunnyD, she's probably too young to know what we're talking about, so maybe I didn't embarrass her.

WOW.....that apartment is about 1/3 the size of your original house. I know it must be rough We don't like apartments either. We stayed in one for 6 months after the housefire. We didn't have any pets, there. Just came home each day to feed the horses. We could hear everything going on around us, & knew they could hear us. Hated it! I always dreaded the widowed lady next to us coming home in the evening. Her TV was WAYYYY too loud! I do hope you get the house you want.

Just found out that our SIL's dad got back from Iraq yesterday!!! Hopefully, this will help our SIL. He's had a rough time, since he got back, last year. Our soldiers have been through a lot.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Charlotte
Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 AM   #79  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Goodness Gracious!!! Is that Sheila??!! I am so glad to see you back!

I haven't read the posts yet since I was last here on the 19th! I cannot believe I have been gone for 3 days I wasn't getting any e-mails, so I didn't realize that anyone had been posting!! I wonder why I wasn't getting my e-mails They must just stop coming if you don't stop by...

Okay... I'm gonna go read your posts, so I can catch up with you all
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #80  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hi Sheila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to see you back already!
I really missed you and so did everyone else here!

Have you heard anything on your offer on that house???

You'll get that weight off again Sheila... stress really does a number on you. Once you get settled you'll be fine. I am so glad to hear you have Sunshine (I only wish!!!)

I am sorry to say that I am still not feeling up-to-par, Sheila But I am giving it a good go! I have been on Rice Protein Drinks for the last week with the exception of going out on Monday (which set me back again). I haven't budged in weight-loss and I really think that it has to do with the fact that I haven't walked! It's been weeks! I haven't even posted on the walking thread I began because I have not kept it up --- I just feel so tired and the spasms get worse after I walk the T-Mill. I so hope that this book I am reading (that I mentioned to Angel) will help me. He gives you a 3 day program of cleaning to follow, but I have to go shopping. First I am going to check it all out on the net and get an idea of $$$$ I am afraid that I won't be able to pay for half of the stuff he mentions in the books. Allot of natural, organic foods... very costly!

How are your furry kids doing??? Just remember... if you are feeling stress, so are they. They pick up from you as well as their own stresses... they will act out. I will say a prayer that you will be able to handle them till you get into your new home and that you don't lose any of them. Especially with your Cats --- they will try to go back to their home when you let them out. I will say a prayer that they stay close to you, whatever you have to do. As long as you are around they should be okay... just give them allot of hugs

Hi Angel, VD... You two are too funny!!! Oh... I am not that young I know what VD is Love you gals!!!!

I was feeling better... then I went out with our friends on Monday (Presidents Day)... I got sick all over again! That's why I haven't been on the computer in 3 days... trying to get better. I haven't walked in weeks, because of the extreme tiredness I feel. I HATE feeling this tired... I don't mean sleepy (I wish) I mean exhausted, as if I ran a marathon or something. This gut is really taking a toll on me. I got this book that I have been reading titled *Patient, Heal Thyself* The guy that wrote the book was so very ill in comparison to me and he got better... so I am going to give some of his ideas a try. There are allot of similarities to Bonnie's program (if I recall correctly - *Radiant Health*)... all I know is that I want to be healthy enough to try anything. His book is very "in depth" to go into here (I am overwhelmed by it all right now), but I will let you and the other gals know how it goes "when" I begin to go on it. He is very extreme, but I am going to try to figure out what I havta do to get my energy back. I feel like sleeping all the time lately.

Oh... I am so glad I didn't offend you I must admit... I did have some dark chocolate covered pistachio's at the movies on Monday SOOOoooooo I am not gonna brag about staying off sugars, I just try my best! I forgot when my girlfriend offered them to me and grabbed me a handful without thinking... oh well. I just began again the next day, I didn't have that much.

Charlotte, please come back soon and let us all know how your MRI went today, okay. *Prayers*

*Welcome* MissMuffet,
yes... you are on the correct thread It's very nice to meet you I am not yet 50 (as Angel mentioned ) but have been warmly welcomed here. I just turned 48, but have many health issues, so it's great to be able to come to these gals for advice and encouragement. You will love it here!

Hi Bonnie, Whew!!! I am exhausted just reading your post!!! No wonder you were gone for a bit --- you were up to your ears in carpet! Reading your post reminds me that I have to get mine done soon. We have our own machine, so that makes it nice. With the cats we really needed to buy our own machine, got us a Bissell Upright... nice. I try to get ours done every Spring and Fall. Do you get paid for doing their cleaning at work? Did they notice that you did it?!?

Sounds like your granddaughter really enjoys her grandmother

As for the snow... we got hit too! Joe got called out to work on Sunday (he had to go ) and about 20 minutes after he got home the storm really hit. Not allot of snow, but allot of wind and blowing snow - making it very hard to see where you are going. I was very happy to have him home & safe.

YES! I saw *American Idol* and agree with you and the judges very much! I really enjoyed that one guy Bo Bice... but then I thought they were all pretty good. I think that their songs were all what are considered "safe songs", like the judges said, and most were... I also enjoyed Anthony Fedorov (the trake kid - blonde with glasses) & I thought the Jazz guy (the last guy) I think his name was Mario Vazquez was pretty good too... it's gonna be real tough!!! The girls were easier for me to pick... I LOVE that country girl!! Her name is Carrie Underwood --- I think she will make it into the final 2 (I hope!) If not... I think that someone will pick her up, she is just too good! The other gal I really enjoyed is that last one who sang, her name is Aloha Mischeaux. The other gal I am watching, but didn't like her song last night is the 16 year old, Mikalah Gordon... she's usually pretty good, but I didn't like her choice of song last night. I hope (in a way) she doesn't make it "just yet", she is so young to go into that business. It really changes them...

Hi Diane, I am so glad to read that you had such a nice birthday celebration... you so deserve it!

75*!!! What I wouldn't do to have some warmer temps and sunshine here again You enjoy!! We have been getting really 'yucky' weather here... 30* and snowy. Over the weekend we got snow (about 4 inches) and then it went to rain... talk about a mess! Then it got cold again and snowed. So to say the least we had a few accidents here during the morning commutes to work.

*Welcome back, Mary*,
So glad to see you have joined us again... you were here some time ago, but you were still learning how to get around the threads. You must be getting this stuff down now? Able to find your way around better good for you

WooHoo for you getting down another 4 lbs!
My weight hasn't moved at all Still haven't been feeling very well lately.

I haven't seen *Million Dollar Baby* yet, sounds good! Joe was off on Monday and so were our best buds, Mike & Peggy... so we all spent the day out together. We went to breakfast, went shopping and then caught a movie *Hitch* with Will Smith (a really cute movie!) and then we all went to an early dinner out. We had a real good time... but I pay such a price.

Yeah... all the CSI shows are great, but they have been getting a little gross these days

*Survivor* was so good! Too bad you missed it... but you can catch up real easy with this Thursdays show. They always recap the previous show

*~*~*

Time for me to get my day going... even though I don't feel like doing anything - I have lots to be done! Lent is a very busy time of year...

Love you gals!!
Please keep me in your prayers as I look into what to do to better my health. The one prgram I found (& mentioned to you all months ago) has helped, but it hasn't healed me... I want to be well and am hoping that this guy has some answers for me

I always hold you close in my *prayers*
SunnyD
<><

PS>>> I was just getting ready to sign off here, when I got a call from my hubby... he is taking this Friday off from work. A Dear lady friend from our church, Sherry, such a beautiful, gentle lady with such talent in playing classic piano (she played for us many years) and always with a smile --- died yesterday of cancer She has been ill for such a long time. Joe will be leading the choir for her funeral service on Friday @ 1:00... so very sad

*Life is just so precious*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-23-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #81  

Good Morning,

Welcome Msmuffet, anything new feels awkward, but your post looked just fine to me. I hope you stay around for awhile to give us a try. You will find a lot of compasionate loving support here.

Mary, are you still around, if so check in with us. Just jump right in and join our conversations about important things and not so important things.

I tried getting onto the internet last night and was not able to. Very frustrating. Ran a virus check on my computer, nothing showed up, so I hope it was just something with the server. (I am at work, talking about my computer at home.)

All Right!!!!! Sheila is back..........Sheila, please, please tell us that the home you put a bid on is the victorian of your dreams...please, please , please. Apartment dwelling is the pits, we did that the first year we were married. UGH!

Hey, Sunny, three days away from the thread is a no, no. Aw shucks, I do it all the time too. Miss you when you are not around though.

Charlotte, thank goodness SIL's Dad is back, things have to turn around for the better for SIL soon. After what he has done for our country, it is not fair that he should have to struggle.

Now that Sheila is back, I think the first thing everyone should do is either go to the library, or go to thr RR site, or a bookstore and pick up a copy of the book Potatoes Not Prozac by Kathleen Des Maisons. Provided you want to try the no sugar, healthy eating way. Reading the first several chapters of this book will help you understand the theory of body chemistry and starting step one of the program which is to have breakfast within the first hour of rising, and have in that breakfast enough protein and carbohydrates for your body weight. Now the next thing you might tell me is, I don't eat breakfast, don't even like breakfast. Well, this is absolutely nothing new to me kids, I hated breakfast, breakfast made me ill, but now I never, ever miss breakfast no matter what. You will find in Kathleen's books recipes for protein shakes, a lot of people drink those. I am not a shake person, I have cottage cheese with Bob's Red Mill Oatmeal raw. The oatmeal has 5 different whole grains and flaxseed which contains omega 3. I just mix the cottage cheese and oatmeal together and that is my breakfast fast and easy. Better than an ole' doughnut, don't you think Charlotte? I am no means an expert or am try to convince you I am an expert. All I know is I feel better when I am steady on the program and I was eventually able to lose twenty pounds and keep it off for two years now. As we read the books together and work the program together, and consult the RR website we will all learn more about healthy eating.

Gotta get back to work. Yea!!! Sheila is back!!!!....Love ya guys....Bonnie
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #82  

Smile

Good Morning Bonnie, Well... from what you wrote about a good breakfast I am starting off the day okay. I usually have a Rice Protein Drink or I'll make Cream of Rice Hot Cereal with Oatmeal mixed in it for my first meal of the day... I also take flaxseed Oil 3 times a day... and try to eat within 30 minutes of getting up. I didn't bookmark the site would you mind leaving it again?

*~*~*

Well, I must make this short this morning...
Joe will be leaving for work soon and I must get his lunch made.

*Have A Good Day! *
(Where is everyone )
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, y'all!

Charlotte, that's wonderful news about your SIL's Dad. We've been lucky with noise because I haven't heard a darn thing from either side. Hopefully they can't hear when I shout "No!" at my cats who are enjoying clawing the carpet and furniture. So when is your appointment??

Bluet, no, not the house of my dreams, but liveable and comfortable nonetheless. I could have had the house of my dreams, but it wouldn't have been in the town of my dreams so I chose the town over the house. Last night we went to the library to get cards and I tried to get the Potatoes Not Prozac book, but it was on the "hold shelf." I put a second hold on it so I'm not sure when I'll get it. Doughnut vs. raw oatmeal and cottage cheese?? Hhmm. Of course, I haven't had a doughnut in years, but cottage cheese and oatmeal?? How about an egg white omelet with fat free cheese? That's what I had this morning.

Now, SunnyD, your breakfast sounds pretty good. What is a rice protein shake, though? You know, I think it's going to be hard for me to give up Splenda. I'm going to have to wean myself off a couple of things that I enjoy that contain Splenda. More snow where you are? Well, snow shoveling is good exercise, right? Will you get mad if I tell you it was 70 degrees here yesterday? That was a record high for the day. It was actually 72 degrees over at the coast, which is amazing. There was a photo of a guy sunbathing on the sand.

Well, we got the house! The realtor called around 10:00 am and gave us the news. The home inspection is scheduled for Monday. It's got a shake roof with some moss growing on it so I know that's going to be something we want fixed. We're trying to think about where we want the cat boxes. Our cats are strictly inside kitties so the cat box question is critical. At our last two houses, we had laundry rooms, which were perfect, but this house has the washer/dryer hookup in a closet-type arrangement. It does have a garage, however, so we're thinking of putting in a cat door to the garage, and hoping they'll learn to use it. Our first set of cats would actually go to the garage door and ask to be let out. The only problem was inevitably someone would come home and open the garage and the cat would run out.

Finally got a decent night's sleep last night. Too much stress, worry, and car noise. One of our friend's here had a cancer scare, but found out Tuesday it's not cancer--yippee! Tuesday was a good day because he found that out, and we found out about our house.

Tomorrow we're going to check out water aerobics at a nearby health club. Hope the instructor is good. Instructors always make a difference. I went back to Weight Watchers (which I don't think is incompatible with the Radiant Recovery so I'll be ready to go as soon as I get that book!) yesterday. Not the best leader so I'm going to shop around. Having a good leader is as important as having a good aerobics instructor.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be vegging out in front of the TV tonight.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #84  

Good Afternoon,

Here's the deal...you never have to give up sugar or splenda, if you choose not to. I chose to, and it is fine with me. You must remember to have your sugar with one of your three meals, thats all, don't have sugar alone. If you do eat sugar alone you will spike yourself and crave more sugar to get that beta endorphine high. ( Self medicating with sugar) What you ladies had for breakfast is just fine, as long as you have enough protein for your body weight. To determine what enough protein is divide you weight by 6 and you will get the total amount of grams of protein that you should have at each meal. So say for instance you weigh 150 pounds, divide 150 x 6 which equals 25 grams of protein at each meal, about the size of your fist. Along with that protein you should have a complex carb, I eat Natural Ovens Bread, 5 Grain Oatmeal, baked potato with the skin on. Right now that is all you have to do, have breakfast within one hour of your feet hitting the floor each morning and get your blood sugar stabilized, to cut down on cravings and grazing. Have that breakfast everyday until it becomes so solid you would never think of starting your day without it. At that point, step 2 is journaling what you eat, when you eat and your feelings. By doing the journaling you will be able to define how you feel when you don't get enough protein, when you have allowed your beta endorphines to spike, so that eventually you will be able to read your body and know when you are not on track. But, right now all you need to do is concentrate on breakfast with enough protein and complex carbs. If you can't get (PNP) Potatoes Not Prozac, try to get (SARP) The Sugar Addicts Total Recovery Program by Kathleen Des Maisons. www.radiantrecovery.com is the web site.

Sheila you sound so upbeat, that is so fantastic. I really do like raw oatmeal and cottage cheese every morning. It is a no-brainer breakfast, I don't have to think about it. I am truly a sugar senstitive person (a SS) I am always in a hurry, need to get it done kind a gal. I am glad you got your house. I see another move coming.

Sunny, Carrie Underwood is my favorite for Idol. I was very disappointed for the kids that were voted off last night, especially those two darling little All American boys. what was the nation thinking? Looking forward to Survivor tonight. Thank goodness that annoying singing woman was voted off, she proboably is a sweetheart, but jeeze, the singing, the singing would have driven me nuts. I did not understand why no one picked the blonde guy, he must have really offended someone. I had hear a rumor that CSI focuses on a group of over weight woman and a skinny man in Las Vegas and that Katherin and Warrick start a love affair. I hope you are feeling better today. Hopefully radiant recovery will be of help to you.

Charlotte, I am just waiting for you to answer Sunny and Sheila's questions about your health. If you want that doughnut every morning have it with enough protein for your body weight.

Computer at home is still not working right.

Gotta go back to work guys, really ran over my lunch break this time.

Love.......Bonnie

Last edited by Bluet; 02-24-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #85  

Smile

Yeah! It's Thursday!
<><
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #86  

Hi everybody,
Please forgive me for not posting to everyone. I'm soooooo tired!

I went for my MRI's yesterday, & had a copy of the report faxed to my house. Well, I'm really hoping for the best, but I suspicion that they don't send the patient the whole report.
What it DID say is that C7-T1 disc is bulging heavily & there are several osteophytes in the spine. (these are bone spurs from Osteo Arthritis) That is just about all it said.

I posted on a site that is about Neurological problems & copied the whole report, asking for an interpretation. I also told what the EMG showed, & what my Neurologist said. I got a few responses that it didn't look like a complete report.

So, I suppose I wait until Monday to find out anything for real. I already knew I had at least one bulging disc & bone spurs. Oh well.........

I'll try to post more tomorrow.......just so tired. I haven't had any energy the last couple of days. Hope the Remicade isn't wearing off, I don't go back until March 21.

Feel better, SunnyD; Bluet, hope your pc is fixed soon; Sheila...glad you got your house & some rest!

Love all of you.
Charlotte
Old 02-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #87  

Smile

*A DIETER'S PRAYER*

Lord, My soul is ripped with riot
incited by my wicked diet.
"We Are What We Eat," said a wise old man!
and, Lord, if that's true, I'm a garbage can.

I want to rise on Judgment Day, that's plain!
but at my present weight, I'll need a crane.
So grant me strength, that I may not fall
into the clutches of cholesterol.

May my flesh with carrot-curls be dated,
that my soul may be poly unsaturated
And show me the light, that I may bear witness
to the President's Council on Physical Fitness.

And at oleomargarine I'll never mutter,
for the road to **** is spread with butter.
And cream is cursed; and cake is awful;
and Satan is hiding in every waffle.

Mephistopheles lurks in provolone;
the Devil is in each slice of baloney,
Beelzebub is a chocolate drop,
and Lucifer is a lollipop.

Give me this day my daily slice
but, cut it thin and toast it twice.
I beg upon my dimpled knees,
deliver me from jujubes.

And when my days of trial are done,
and my war with malted milk is won,
Let me stand with Heavenly throng,
In a shining robe--size 30 long.

I can do it Lord, If You'll show to me,
the virtues of lettuce and celery.
If You'll teach me the evil of mayonnaise,
of pasta a la Milannaise
potatoes a la Lyonnaise
and crisp-fried chicken from the South.

Lord, if you love me, shut my mouth.

*~*~*

I saw this this morning and thought you gals
would enjoy the chuckle too

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #88  

GREAT POEM!!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #89  

Smile

Hi Sheila,
on getting your home!!!

I am so happy for you, your hubby and your furry kids I forgot that your furry kids were all indoor pets ( ) I totally believe in keeping your pets inside, where they are safe... be careful about the garage for the litter-boxes... my sister has lost many a cat via the door being left open

Glad to hear that you got a good nights rest! Nothing like it And you really need it with all you have been busy with lately! Moss? Looks neat, but it's not so good on a roof... hope you won't have to spend much to have it removed. Will you have to get a new roof? Or can you pressure wash it off? Come back soon and let us know if you found a good place for exercise, a good instructor DOES make all the difference ~ *Luck!*

You watch *ER* don't you? It was really good - I thought! You? I really liked the way that they drew in the two areas (the War & the ER) and showing you that there wasn't much of a difference in what they did... and that soon the couple will see one another again Great shows!

To answer your question: I went to the *Vitamin Shoppe* some time ago and got this Rice Protein Powder... all vegan. It's made from Brown Rice and it seems to agree with me. It doesn't have as high of protein as the Whey protein powders, but I cannot have whey, so this works for me. But according to Jorden (mentioned in my note to Bonnie) he says that goat protein is better --- higher in nutrients and proteins... it's called *Goatein* I haven't tried it yet, so I cannot tell you how it is. I do like the Rice Protein Powders... they come in Berry, Vanilla & Chocolate. I'll look for the *Goatein* when I shop this weekend...

70*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooo, not mad at all... just green with envy!!!! I wish we had 60*! I'd settle for 50*! It's 18* here this morning! We have a bit of snow still (aprox 3 inches) but at least the sun is shinning I'll take the sunshine

Hi Angel, I am so glad that you stopped by even though you aren't feeling well... I loved your SPRING animations!!! I cannot wait for Spring to get here! Today we have sunshine - how appropriate for our dear friend and her funeral today... she brought so much sunshine into everyone's life.

I think that the worse part after a test is the waiting!!!! I just want you to know, Charlotte... that we ALL really care for you and all that you have to go through ~ please believe that when I say I am praying that *I am!*

*God Bless you Charlotte*

I love you too!

Hi Bonnie, Another good *Survivor* show! I wasn't surprised at all at who got voted off... she was so ready to go home! You could see it in her behavior and so did her tribe. Sorry... I haven't learned their names yet, but the tattoo girl impressed me... she a tough gal I like her allot, just don't agree with all the tattoo's or piercing's, but when you look past them she is adorable. She reminds me of the lab girl in the Tuesday night show *NCIS* - I really thinks she's cute too.

*CSI-Vegas* was really good too... not as bad as I thought. I felt so sorry for the girl who killed the guy A sad story-line to say the least. It sure did begin gory though, didn't it, Bonnie? Seeing inside that guys dead body right off the start! Ewe!

I taped *W/O a Trace* haven't seen it yet...

As for diet & exercise: I am so excited about us all working together Thanks so much for all your help!!!! I have my Elliptical and my T-Mill here as well as my Walking DvD's (Walking Away the Pounds), so all I have to do is get to feeling well again and just use them. Everytime I go to use the machines at first I feel great; then the spasms begin again... so I really must take care of my insides before I can concentrate on the exercise. And from what I have read in my book - the diet he puts you on to add all the good enzymes into your intestines again will help you to drop weight too Because then the body will function as it should. According to Jorden S. Rubin (the writer of *The Maker's Diet* too) most people with my health problem DO have a very difficult time losing weight (that made me feel validated!) So my next step is to get to the *Vitamin Shoppe* and to this place called *The Mustard Seed* and go by my foods and supplements... hopefully tonight & tomorrow I will go. I am also going to check and see if I can get any of the books from Kathleen Des Maisons & use her info too --- it really sounds like they are in agreement of what to do. Jorden doesn't believe in using Splenda either, he says to use unfiltered honey... but I still use it, I just use less of it now. He said the process used is very unhealthy for the gut

Hi Diane!

Hi MissMuffet!

Hi Mary!

*~*~*

Later gals...
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-25-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #90  

Thumbs up

I'm glad you liked the Poem, Angel
I hope it brought a smile to your day

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><