Old 01-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

A good Friday to everyone!

SunnyD, I was disappointed to see that CSI was an old one (another maggot extravaganza). Tonight's the new mystery on Hallmark--gotta tape it again. Ah, the poor kitties! We took our cats' favorite place away, too, but the box lid we left on the floor seems to be a hit. One of my cats must be feeling a bit unsettled by all the packing and cleaning. Yesterday he was bugging my DH all day to sit in his lap. Usually he sits in my DH's lap after dinner, but he was almost frantic to get in his lap. Needs to feel a bit more secure, I think. Look at all those angels--how cool! Oh, and I think we're a great group of people!

Charlotte, that's pretty funny about the people at work and their Christmas tree. Wonder how often they have to dust it, though?? My DH has always wanted two dishwashers--one for the clean dishes and one for the dirty dishes. Would save on cupboard space. So when is your appointment? How is your thumb doing? Telephone, Texas? Would love to know the story behind that one!

Today we had our fireplace painted. It looks great--should have had it done a long time ago. Also had the door painted on our master bathroom (it's only a 1/2 bath). We'd taken it off when we moved in because we had two dressers that wouldn't fit if the door was on. My DH had put it in the storage area and put stuff on top of it, and it got pretty beaten up. We also took some food to the food bank, and they were really grateful. I guess donations are down this time of year. I was a little astonished because the stuff we gave them was kind of weird (like pepper jelly, hot sauce, Sudden Salad, risotto), except for the Campbell's soup.

My son just sent me an e-mail, and he made the Dean's List last semester. He works full time, goes to school full time, and has joint custody of his daughter so making the Dean's List is even more impressive. We're really proud of him.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Bluet, have a relaxing weekend, okay?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #17  

Did everyone have a good weekend? Guess what I did? You guessed it--it involved packing and cleaning. Well, I also attended a memorial service and did some shopping, too.

The memorial service made me realize how much I didn't know my BIL and how much I don't know my sister. Do you guys think it would be weird if I wrote to her when I move? I'm thinking about going to visit her before we leave. I don't like the fact that she's family and I don't really know her. She had two of her four siblings from her Mom's side there (she grew up with them), and I remembered their names from when I was little. I had a really good time talking to her only brother. In fact, I feel I know more about him than I do about her. I learned a lot about my BIL at the service. Just wish it had come earlier.

We bought some flowers to plant in pots to spruce up the front of the house. Tomorrow I'll buy some fresh flowers for the inside. The broker's open house is Tuesday. We're going to be eating microwave meals from now until the house sells or until we move, whichever comes first. I don't want to have to keep cleaning the kitchen. We decided today that we're going to move over the three-day weekend. I don't want my DH to have to take vacation because we're saving vacation for next year's trip to Hawaii and, hopefully, Alaska.

Hope you all have a great Monday (if that's possible)! Will you kill me if I tell you that I have crocus blooming?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #18  

Good morning, friends.

Hope all are having a good week. I'm just not feeling well, these days. For one thing, my Remicade appt got messed up & I'm having to go 2 wks overdue.....not good. I'm waiting for Monday. (7th) My neck & shoulders are hurting a lot & my thumb is in a mess, again, from circulation being cut off. I can't turn my head much...not just from pain, but just won't turn! Going to get that cervical collar today I was told to wear. Maybe it'll help. In my researching, I found Cervical Radiculopathy with RA is very complicated & dangerous. Also, it'll keep happening. I DON'T think I like the future. Sorry for whining....maybe, after Monday, I'll feel better about everything.

Sheila...I think it would be a good thing for you to write your sister. The hardest, & loneliest times are coming up for her. Any contacts will help her, I'm sure. Try not to look back on the past....just what can be done for the future. If it's something you want to do, then, I'd say to go by your feelings. They're usually right.
I wish I was good with plants. I know you're going to have your new place looking beautiful. We want pics!
Congratulations on your son making the Dean's list! That IS something to be proud of. Especially with all he's doing.

SunnyD...That was a beautiful picture of your angel shelf. Thank you...I really enjoyed it. I also liked the picture your dad painted. How is he doing now? How did you & Joe do at the eye appt?
I'm sorry about your brother. I've/we've been in that situation with our son. Until he's ready for help, there's little you can do, but what you already are doing. Maybe, someday, you'll get a call, as we did, & he'll be ready for help.
I don't like the fact that our son got divorced, of course....but, he's been drug free for a year (next month) & has gained weight & works out at the gym. He has joint custody of his two little girls. He's still living us, so we have all of them every other week. Everyone seems happier, even the girls.

Bonnie...Did you enjoy your trip? I do hope you're feeling better, now. Hugs & prayers going your way! Are you still keeping grands on the weekends? You must be a wonderful grandmother.

Candlelady...Hope all is well with you.

Hello & hugs to everyone. I just noticed...it's 7am, & I'm still up alone! Better get off of here & wake up my 2 work men, & two school girls!

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #19  

Hello, ladies!

Where are you all? I refuse to let anyone else leave so you all just better get back here.

This morning I typed a post while sitting at a Starbucks down on Alki Beach, looking at the beautiful blue Sound under a hazy blue sky, with the cityscape in the background. Quite lovely. But I lost the darn post. I'm using a laptop (right now I'm typing this while lying on my bed) and I'm not that experienced with the keys. We had to be out of our house from 8:30 to 2:00 so we were gone most of the day.

Tonight we had to leave about 5:30 pm because our realtor was showing the house. The wife wanted to make an offer tonight, but the husband wanted to see it during the day, which I think is reasonable. We must have had 75 realtors leave their cards during the broker's open house. Not much inventory, I guess. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

When I went to give my Dad his mail, he asked if we were leaving soon. I asked if he was trying to get rid of us, and he said he thought we wanted to get rid of me. I mentioned something about him not wanting to come with us, and he said, "You never asked." So I asked, and it turns out if we could find an assisted living place in Corvallis, he'd move. I couldn't believe it. I asked him three times if he was serious. That would solve everything if he'd move. I'm so excited! Cross your fingers he remembers our discussion!

Charlotte, I'm so sorry about all the pain you're experiencing. I wish you didn't have to endure a single moment of this. It must be awfully scary to read all that stuff on the internet. Hopefully you're checking out the best case scenarios, too! I'm glad that you have your faith to see you through these hard times. And you have us to help you through, too. Know that I'm praying hard for you.

Well, I'm exhausted. Keeping the house clean, and being unable to lie down during the day has taken it's toll. We have to be out of here by 7:20 am tomorrow. Have a good Wednesday and think sunny thoughts. Spring is almost here (actually it's pretty much here where I live)!

Last edited by Sheila53; 02-01-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #20  

Good Evening Ladies,

I haven't been here since last Thursday, shame on me. :-( Really having a problem shaking the gloomies. Sorry, girls and thank you for your patience with me.

DH's company is in Appleton about an hours drive from here, but he works the Lakeshore area where we live. The country club where the banquet was held was beautiful, the food was excellent. I turned down a good white or red wine and dessert. Dessert was a chocolate swirl on a dessert plate with a chocolate mousse in a flaky pie crust with whipped cream placed on top. The main course was salmon and a small piece of beef that was absolutely delicious, green beans and a rice dish that had cherries in it. I can't tell you the last time I had such a good tasting meal. DH did not take any accolades this year (which by the way is just fine with him, he says) (he is rather shy when it comes to special attention). He was happy to see his friends and co-workers take honors. We had a nice time and we were home by 11:30 p.m. but for some reason I did not go to bed until 1:00 a.m. I couldn't believe I did that, especially since I had to work the next day.

Well, Sheila the move seems to be going along quite smoothly. Good for you !! and good for you for calling in extra help If I were you Shiela, I would spend some time getting to know your sister more. Life is so short and, if I could do things over Shiela, one of the things I would make sure I did better is to get along with my siblings and DH's siblings better than when I was younger. I don't know why we wait until we are so old to discover how much we need one another. Well, we aren't soooo old, but I think you know what I mean. There you go again talking about that darn cat wanting to sit on your DH's lap, well you know what I told you last time. How wonderful for your son and how proud you must be for your son making the Dean's list.

Charlotte, I am so sorry that you don't feel well. I just wish there was some way we could fix this for you. I pray for you a lot Charlotte. I try to be a good grandmother Charlotte, but I get tired easier than I used to. They think we can just keep up at their pace all the time, bless their hearts. Did that ice storm have much impact on Alabama Charlotte? Ice storms are the worse, even worse than snow storms. Most of our snow has melted again, the temps have been in the mid 30 range so far this week. I think we are experiencing our January thaw in February. We are going to get too spoiled with the mild temps and then all of a sudden it will get cold again.

Sunny, we don't talk diet and have little plans for weight loss, and motivators for excercise, and things like that, I think that is what Gloria was looking for. We are good people, just not as exciting as some other forums. I hope Gloria is really happy at her new thread. We are good supportive friends though and that is what is important to me. I did watch the Mystery Movie Friday night and it was pretty good. It is on at the same time as Numbers, so I didn't get to watch Numbers. I missed watching Idol tonight. I went after work to get a hair cut and then did a little shopping and got home too late to see more than just the very end. Don't tell Sheila and Charlotte shhhhh, but I don't undecorate my two little trees every year either, I just put them in the storage room until the following Christmas. The only time I undecorate them is if I change their theme. :-) Bet you never thought you would get a confession like that out of me huh? Now that Charlotte and I are back, we are wondering "where is Sunny?" oh where oh where can she be?

Diane, hope you and family are feeling better, and that we hear from you soon.

P.S. Sheila, yes I probably would kill you if you told us the crocus are blooming, but then on the other hand I like you way too much to cause you any harm. But, can you imagine how long it will be before a crocus blooms in Wisconsin this spring.

Have a good Wednesday everyone, half the week is almost over again.

Bluet

Last edited by Bluet; 02-01-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #21  

Hi, all!

Do you think you have SAD because of all the winter weather, Bluet? Do you take vitamin D? It's supposed to help with that, along with special lights. We sent my cousin one of those lights because her therapist recommended it. You are so incredibly commited to no sugar or booze--you're my hero! I really need to require more of myself and just say no. You are one party animal, Bluet. On a work night, no less.

Aha! Now we all know Bluet's dirty little secret. Maybe we should have a true confessions day. Let's see, well, sometimes I brush my teeth while going to the bathroom. I believe in multi-tasking, you know. Okay, so I won't mention the crocus or any of the other lovely flowers starting to bloom here in the 60 degree weather under blue skies. Don't worry, though, we're going to get our share of rain and gloomy days soon enough.

Well, on the market yesterday and sold today. We accepted a full-price offer on the house this afternoon. And I asked my Dad today if he was really serious because I got on the phone and talked with facilities in Corvallis. He said semi-serious so I said either you're serious or you're not. He said serious (as long as the price is right, of course!) so I'm going to look at places while I'm there this weekend.

I've caught the Thursday bug from you, Bluet. I kept thinking, oh, boy, CSI is on tonight and ER, but then I remember it's only Wednesday.

Hope everyone (where is everyone?) has a wonderful Thursday!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #22  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile I'm here...

Hi Gals,

Just a quick note right now to let you know that all is just fine with me --- I just have allot to get done by the end of this week and by the time I have a moment at night I am so tired I cannot focus

Thanks Bluet for checking up on me

Sheila, how do you do it???? Packing up a house and still have time to post? I give you allot of credit!

Angel, I knew you would like to see my humble collection

Diane, we miss you!

I will post more the first chance I get, okay.

Love you gals!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #23  

Hello--

Glad you're doing okay, SunnyD. What's going on with you this week? I'll have to go back and see if I missed something. Writing is relaxing for me. I used to work as a writer (ha--you wouldn't know it with all my typos and bad grammar!), and I wrote for newspapers, brochures, and stuff like that, so writing is an outlet for me.

Charlotte, I meant to add that I'm happy your son is doing so well. I bet you and your DH are very proud of him. Does he have plans to get his own place soon? That would probably be a mixed blessing. Nice to get your place back to yourselves, yet I bet it's fun having the girls every other week.

So we were home today when my DH spotted a woman in the backyard wandering around. Then she walked through the side yard and met what we assume was her husband in the front yard. We're pretty sure it was the parents of one of the homebuyers (the wife is Korean, and the couple in our yard were older Koreans). We were a bit creeped out by the whole thing and called our realtor. If they would like to stop by, they can call first, or wait until we're not here or something. But to just wander around, looking in our windows, well, it was a bit much. When I lived in Boise, our crazy neighbor almost didn't sell her house because the buyers drove by her house slowly the day before closing. The crazy neighbor was livid, and almost called off the sale. Can you imagine if the buyers' relatives wandered around her yard? She would have called the police or worse.

Yeah, Thursday! Don't fall asleep early tonight, SunnyD. Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #24  

Good Evening,

Sheila how cool that Dad is going to move to Covallis too. He needs to have you near by as much as you need to have him near by. At least for your sanity's sake. Hey Sheila when you move to Corvallis are your taking us with you too? I certainly hope so. Goodness your house sold really fast, houses stay on the market a long time around here. You couldn't resist, could you? You had to be smucky about your wonderful blue sky and your lovely spring flowers all in bloom and your 60 degree temps didn't you? Well, that's ok, because I am not one bit jealous, I simply love our cloudy days and our 30 degree temps and our dirty snow piles, just couldn't live without them. I had to miss the beginning of CSI tonight and the end. So I don't know why the ladies were buried in tar and how they were found in the first place, and I didn't find out who dunnit either. I was kinda hoping the husband was the quilty one. He came off as a real sleeze. I am concerned for Jorja Fox, did she get fired or not tonight? I really should get a sun box. They aren't as expensive as they used to be when they first came on the market. I take vitamins, but perhaps I dont take enough of vitamin D.

Charlotte, tomorrows your station day, hope you feel well enough to go.
Have a good weekend.

Sunny whatever you are doing, don't work too hard. Take time to smell the roses babe. I am not telling you anymore secrets, Sheila and Charlotte listen in.

Yea FRIDAY!!!

Bluet
Old 02-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #25  

Yes, Bluet.....it's FRIDAY!! I think of you every weekend, knowing you're finally off work for a couple of days. I really don't have the energy to go to the station today, but going anyway. If I stay home, I'll just lay around & feel worse. Darn this RA. The cervical collar is helping my neck quite a bit. Thank you so much for your prayers. I've been through so many surgeries in my life, that I get nervous when a Dr mentions it. Maybe I can stop whining a little.
We didn't get any of the ice storm in this area, just lots of cold rain. In places surrounging us, & Tennessee, they had ice. I still would like snow, just one time this winter.
I came across this last night, and thought of you, Bluet.......

SunnyD....good to hear from you. Glad you're ok. We miss you when you're gone.

Sheila...I'm glad your house sold so fast. I know that took some stress off. Also, glad your dad is moving with you, especially if that's what you're hoping for. I wonder, though, if he gets to disliking the assisted living place there, will he start wanting to move back in with you?
I'm afraid I'm guilty of being one of those "peeping toms" of empty houses. I don't know about Corvaliss, but here, if we're interested in a place, we look around to make sure we want to call about it. Also, there's usually a name & phone # on the front door for contacts, so that makes it virtually impossible to not look through the windows, unless there are shades drawn. And I AM jealous of your beautiful weather! We're suppose to have a nice week end, weather wise.
To answer your question...we would LOVE for DS to get his own place. Not any mention of it, yet. DH is going to have a talk with him next month. It will be a year. He will have to start helping on the bills, if he wants to stay here. We just can't keep paying for everything ourselves. He helps a little sometimes. But, all of our bills have doubled & tripled in the past year. Don't mean to be harsh, but we're poor folks.

Hello to everyone.......TGIF "THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!" & "THANK GOD I'M FORGIVEN!"
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #26  

1. In a beautiful victorian on Cape Cod.

2. Soft jeans and a sweatshirt

3. Willie Nelson

4. 6:00 a.m.

5. Ice Crusher on my refrigerator

6. Violin

7. Pastel blue

8. Car

9. Yes.

10.I don't remember the name of the book, but I read one book to my kids all the time about a little girl who had a smooth stone and used the stone to make friends

11. Early summer, June is my favorite month.

12. To protect all children of the world and to make it a peaceful world to live in.

13. No.......Say What? :-(

14. No

15. I would like to meet my grandfather, my Mother's Dad.

16. Friday

17. Extra winter boots, gloves, hat, first aid kit, fire extinquisher and jumper cables.

18. I would never ever eat Sushi (yuck) the right answer is hamburger.

19. 1950

20. Easter it lasts ONE DAY and it is close to summer.

21. Next to Charlie, my children are my favorite people.

22. rose

23. A good chicken casserole or chicken and dumplings.

There you go Sunny. Hey, the sun is out here today and the temps are in the 40's, how's that for being hopeful?

Bluet

Last edited by Bluet; 02-04-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #27  

Wink Here I am...

Hi Gals... I wonder if will I ever catch up I didn't think I was gone that long

I have been sooo very busy... I just had so much to get done this week - and all at once!! Have you ever begun one project to find yourself up to your neck in another... it's like a Domino effect It all began with us buying storage bins on Monday for all my Decorations... Joe had the day off for our dental appointments & we went shopping afterwards. Tuesday I began cleaning things up to store them and then went into another project and into another and I had to get it done so things would be in my hallway or in my living-room... I am still not finished, but got enough done for the moment to give it a week or two of rest before I begin again. I also had a deadline today to e-mail everyone with the music lists - I am in charge of selecting music for the musicians at our church for each month and I was way behind in getting started. But I did get it finished and even got it done for next month too! So now I am all set till the end of March What a relief!

Joe & I also got our taxes done last night too - so I was brain dead by 9pm. We mailed that off this morning - nice to know we'll be getting a bit back this year Oh... and I had to make a couple cards too... a friend is moving and another is ill. That took me a bit of time to do too... I enjoy embellishing them.

I still haven't paid my bill's this week! I usually do that each Thursday, but with so much to get done this week I have neglected *us*. Maybe I will squeak in a couple hours tomorrow... we'll see. We are going out to dinner with our friends tomorrow evening to celebrate my 48th birthday together... we always have the best time out with them!! Don't know where we are going yet - it's my pick as to the restaurant we go to, but I can't decide. My birthday is actually on Tuesday and my hubby is going to take off that day too Don't know what we'll do yet, but we always have a good time.

*~*~*

Thanks Bluet!! You are too kind Now I have everyone's survey from here I liked what you said about protecting all children from the bad in this world - I so wish that too! It's a shame that a wish cannot make it so, huh.

You made me with the secret telling --- you are too funny Bonnie! I so wish that you didn't have to work anymore... it sure does a number on you. I too think of you each weekend and how relieved you much feel each Friday evening

You are right... we don't talk diet too much and I too enjoy that!!! I do it enough on the other threads I belong to. It's wonderful coming here just to chat

I missed the last two Hallmark Mysteries --- I hope they repeat them, so I can catch them again. So many shows to watch. I ended up taping allot of them because I had a hard time staying awake! I like that new show *Numb3rs* --- it's really good, but it's up against another show I watch, so on goes my VCR! It's a good thing that I have the days to catch up in watching them and being they are recorded I don't have to sit through the commercials.

You turned down that dessert Goodness gracious, you deserve a big ole pat-on-the-back girl!!! I don't know that I could have done that... I would have still had a bite or two I think. Good for you!!!! And the meal sounded delish Made my mouth water reading your post

I have heard of those SAD lamps and they do help people that go through the winter blues ~ maybe you ought to give it a go for next winter Bluet? I think I am gonna... I had mentioned it to my mother just two weeks ago (before all this sun we are having now) that i might get one for next winter. It is just too hard getting through Oct. to April with hardly any sunshine... makes me bonkers.

Funny Sheila, you mentioned that too --- stay awake for the Thursday line up!! I have two small VCR's and believe me I had them both going, cuz I was not able to stay awake!! All really good shows - didn't you think so

Nope, you didn't miss anything in my posts I didn't post about all I had to do this week because I didn't know I was gonna be doing it till I was doing it. Did I just make any sense I just thought I could keep up with it all and couldn't... something had to give and unfortunately it was posting on the forum. I am

I bet that your kitties are really feeling the move!!! Cats are so sensitive to changes. My *Tang* kitty (now passed on) did not do well with changes - he would become very ill whenever something changed his routine. I will say a prayer that your furry kids stay well, Sheila.

Oh... you were asking about dusting a Christmas Tree that stays up - I got to talking with some friends about the topic and they leave theirs up too! They said that they just put a king size sheet over it to keep it dust free and put it in the basement and then come Christmas they are all set. I cannot believe how many people leave them up.

You mentioned Spring!!!! It's almost here I can just feel it I CAN'T WAIT!!!! It has been sunny here 6 days now and it even went up to 50* today And it's suppose to be sunny all weekend too - I'll take it And you should see the birds at our feeders - what an awesome sound!

Sheila, I would have called the realtor too!!! What were they thinking that they could just wonder over and peek into your windows?! It's hard enough to be going through all you do as it is. Whatever came of it --- has your home sold yet? I think I missed something somewhere in your posts in trying to catch up quickly When are you making the move? Is your DF adjusting okay? That would be so cool if your DF could move closer to you and you could visit

I think it would be great to reconnect with your sister again, Sheila --- life is just so very short... go for it!!! Wanna bet she misses you too

Angel, my father is doing very well - thank you for asking. I just got a note from my mother this morning telling me that his sores are taking their time, but healing nicely... praise GOD!

Nope... we haven't made eye appointments yet - will soon. We both really need to go. I am so very sorry to hear that you aren't feeling very well again... darn it all anyway! You DO know that I keep you in my constant prayers I know how hard it is to live with chronic pain... whine away, sweetie!!!!! Whine away, that's what we are here for {{{Hugs}}}

Thank you so much for your concerns over my brother, I am sure you totally know how hard it is. I know... he must be ready for change for change to happen. I am here when he is and he knows it too.

*~*~*
Okay, enough of my bantering, it seems like I have written a book I will catch you all again when I can, okay. We have a very FULL weekend this weekend - what with a Super Bowl this Sunday... anyone having friends over to watch the game? We'll have our buds over with their kids --- it'll be fun!

Have a *GREAT WEEKEND* ladies, whatever you do
{{{Hugs}}}

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-04-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #28  

Smile Just popping in...

Hi Gals,

Ohhh so quiet here today - hope I didn't frighten you all away with my last post Maybe it's because everyone is out enjoying their sunny day I know we sure are! In fact, just as soon as I finish with this post we are heading out again. We just got home from breakfast out & grocery shopping & I have the beef in the slow cooker with bar-b-q sauce for tomorrow's game. Then when we get home @ around 5:00 today we'll be heading out for dinner with our friends. It's such a beautiful day!! 53* and the clearest blue sky! Just Beautiful.

Hope this note finds you all well
and
having a great day
Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #29  

Unhappy

Okay... where is everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #30  

Hi,

Uuggh, by dose is all tuffed ub! Just got on to say I'll post later when I feel better. I can't remember when I last had a cold. It's yucky. . .