Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #121  
stormy1

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello. I have not had a chance to read through everyone's posts b/c I am at school. However, I want to say I did well today. Workout for 45 mins. Ate subway-wrap, and a Healthy Choice dinner so far. I hope everyone is doing good. I'll try to check in Sat.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi there - Redballoon sorry I was MIA. I had to work all day at the admin part of the office so I didn't get to check in. How was your day? Things went pretty well for me - just have to be strong as we go out to eat. I think I want to get a good steak and veggies - side salad...a steak though

Hello -stormy!! I am glad school is going well and congratulations to you for working out 45 minutes today! Good eating too!!! Way to go!!!

See everyone later tonight.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #123  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation

stormy, good to hear from you. I'm really lonely here wondering why no one is posting. I, unfortunately, got on the scale and I absolutely can't believe it. I did well this week and from the looks I've it I've gone up nearly 4 lbs?!! That's just not possible. I even changed the batteries in the scale thinking they must be screwing up. Ok, I worked out but the soreness is gone and there's no way I gained muscle that quickly. Shouldn't be retaining water now either. Could it be from salt I ate, didn't have that much though. They say before the body loses fat it retains a lot of water but I don't know. It just doesn't make sense. All I can think is that my starting weight represented a "low" day and I was actually hovering around a much higher number. "Hover" doesn't seem like the appropriate word here actually as I feel much too heavy to be anything but grounded, like a slug!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-07-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #124  
Never give up

Unhappy

grass -- you were posting when i was posting my slug report. Can't believe it. What do you think is going on (I ask bewildered that my previous three months of gluttony and sloth have resulted in, gasp! a weight gain). well, my day is just starting out here and it's not looking up just yet. Glad you're doing better!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #125  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Me...

Hi everyone!!
Well-
big surprise but I fell off the wagon- I had wings and fries then a burger and onion rings for lunch and I feel absloutely miserable! I got depressed, was still sick, huge fight with bf, and this morning I just didn't give a fig. I am so disappointed in myself! Great example I am. I have worked so hard this week and in one day I blew it so I am now even more down.
I have gone from camp counselor to downer..
maybe I should get off the board a few days so I don't mess everyone else up..
Oh yeah- had a donut today too..
when I screw up I like to be an overachiever..
Anyway-
Old 01-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #126  
Never give up

Red face a leg up onto that pony for you!!

Oh, come on, Crime girl, you can't be up, up, up!! all the time. We do want to think of you as human, our leader or not! Just get back on the horse before it gallops away without you and you have to walk all the way home, moping and eating donuts along the way. It's no big deal. One fall does not a screwup make. I, at least, hope you, in some way, enjoyed your indulgences, despite them having been triggered by unpleasant things like scrapping boyfriends, depression, illness and the likes. Just look in the mirror, say, "Mommy's going to kiss the boo-boo and make the pain go away!" (that's me!) and then smile and do a little jig to shake off some calories and kick on, my friend!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #127  
Trying or Dying

Red balloon- I just read your post and that is the first time I have laughed in over 24 hours (which is NOT like me). I will get back on that horse- I am even more determined now to get this weight off and on the bright side- I won't do this again for awhile. I am as sick as a dog with all this horrible food in my system. It was SO not worth it!

Okay so no more doom and gloom for me! I WILL NOT sit around and feel sorry for myself and stuff my body full of food. I am going to go for a walk, get up tomorrow and it will business as usual. My bf can go ..... himself if he doesn't like it. I am not going out like this- it is just freakin embarrassing!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #128  
Never give up

Thumbs up Up and at 'em!!

That's my girl!!!

While you're ready for a laugh, check out this abbott and costello classic. who's on first, I was just downloading it for my cell phone ringtone!

http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_..._first/listen/
Old 01-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #129  
Trying or Dying

Default Thanks..

Thanks for the support everyone (especially red and NBK). I am feeling better and the crisis I think is over.

Let's get back to it! Tomorrow is Sat and is recap day. I want to try to talk about ways to handle stress other than eating. We have all had a rough week and I think we should talk about ways to cope that don't involve throwing in the towel. I especially need some ideas because I can't go through life eating every time I get stressed out or depressed. Help me out everyone!

Red- don't sweat the 4 pounds- you know how scales are- you can flucuate from time to time. Give it a day and go back and look at it again. Look at your salt intake and remember if you weigh right after eating that the food you just ate will weigh some until digested. Don't worry! Keep up the great work and hang in there!
I am so happy to hear that work is getting better. That is really good news!
To answer your question- I would not want to have a year of great times and no memory afterwards. What is the point? I treasure my memories and they are priceless.

little grasshopper- steak and veggies aren't bad- you have been doing so good!
How did work go for you today??

kjk- I get 2 points today- eating was horrible but I walked and drank tons of water. Haven't heard from you today- how are you doing? Was your day any better? What happened anyway? Anyway we can help?
WOW- I am full of questions..hope you are having a great Friday!

stormy- glad you got to jump on for a sec!
how is school? sounds like you are doing great!

NBK- if you are lurking- hop on and chat..tell us about yourself. We would love to get to know you.

Michimesh- Hope all is well with you- your mother is still in my prayers- hop on and let us know you are OK sometime.

Jazzmine, Oraki, Phoenix walker, Donna, susanne, cinisha- we miss you! Come back and join us!

Okay- need to go to bed! Thank you all for the support!
Tomorrow is a new day and it will be a great one!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #130  
Never give up

Crime girl,
I'm at work. Having a rare peek at the site. Looks like we're only ones around. I wonder what's up? people with more of a life on the weekend? Nah!! Couldn't be.

Hey, did you check out that comedy link? That was fun. I've always heard the 'who's on first' joke but never heard the original. It's a great laugh over frustration, which I thought we all here would know a lot about.

As to your thoughts of what to do instead of eating when bummed out I think listening to comedy or reading comedy might be one good way.

As for the happiness question I would say, **** yes! I want a year of pure happiness. Something good would have to come of it. I mean, that happiness would be linked to certain things, no? So, even if I couldn't remember being happy, I would still maybe have those things. Or not? Maybe it wouldn't work that way. Well, in that case, then I would still say yes, because in a year we would have come in touch with a lot of people and such and would no doubt have spread so much happiness that even though we wouldn't remember it we would have made the world a better place, or encouraged so many people. Seen the movie, 'Pay it Forward?' Kind of like that.

Ok, gotta run before my coworkers get angry that I'm playing on the laptop while they're doing the work.

Ciao bella!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #131  

Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been out - we went to dinner and then BF took over the computer for hours.

Crime girl - I agree with Red. One fallen day doesn't a screw up make!! You always have tomorrow. You didn't undo all the good in one day, I promise.

Red - The only thing I can say about what is going on is that you are under great amounts of stress and your body is detoxing from your old eating habits and you're working out harder suddenly. Maybe your body is doing the same thing mine was. You need a mild exercise that is stress relieving.. I know riding your horse would help, but in the mean time is there anything mildly cardio that you can do - walking, riding the bike.....that you can do gently to relax? If this is what's going on and you over work yourself your adrenal glands can't keep up producing the DHEA and you will gain weight instead of losing it. Since the doctor told me what was happening I have lost all the weight i gained in that week period - almost 7 pounds. It's been 1 1/2 weeks since he told me. I have been walking or riding 30 minutes a day no faster than a 15 minute walked mile. I did do some weight training but kept everything mild and if the day was really stressful I made it even more mild. He says two weeks of this and my body will be ready to push harder.

I know it's abstract but it worked for me. If you have any kind of sugar issues, low or high, or ADD, or seasonal depression, or low thyroid...any of those are endocrine issues. If one endocrine organ is struggling, they all are a bit and having a hormone imbalance can slow your weight loss. Just something to think about. Also, if you have just had a really cold snap, and you have any thyroid issues at all, it will slow your thyroid down making it harder to lose weight and easier to gain. Nice set up, huh (keeps you warmer in the winter...thanks to our cave man relatives

I have a poem for you ...i'll post it next. Crime girl - I hope you enjoy it too.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #132  

This poem use to be posted in my office. I read it every day. My favorite part is "my head is bloody but unbowed." CG - you're down but you will live to fight another day See you tomorrow!! Red, I hope this inspires you as much as it did me! I'm sure you've both seen it a million times - but worth seeing again, I think.

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #133  
Never give up

Thank you, grass. Yes, I know that poem but it's been years since I've read it and, now, after, all those years indeed of, well, life, it takes on new significance. Very strong stuff. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #134  

Hi all...

Sorry, was really busy today and went out a bit tonight.

GH - hope you're sitting....I didn't get my morning walk in today. I was absolutely exhausted and needed that extra hour of sleep. I really don't think I would have made it through the walk successfully again anyway....but the way I'm looking at it is that my starting commitment was only 30 min/5 days a week. So if I walk tomorrow, I will have accomplished that, and that's a huge goal for me! And awesome for you....5:30 is amazing! Welcome to the early risers!!!

CG - don't sweat today. It happens! I didn't do great today either, so don't feel bad. I hit my range (just barely), but know I could have done better. I went to Applebee's for lunch and tried the WW Onion Soup and Chicken Salad, and they weren't too bad. Only 8 points for that, so I was happy!

Red - sorry no one was here when you needed us! I hope that you are going to enjoy your weekend and that next week is an improvement over this week....I mean, really, could it be worse?

Stormy - way to go at school! You are a rock star! I am so proud of you. Keep it up, hope you have a great weekend of classes, check in when you can!

Ok, going to read for a bit and head to bed....have a great Saturday everyone. Talk to you tomorrow!

kelly
Old 01-08-2005, 07:08 AM   #135  

OH THE SNORING! I can't sleep. I EARNED this day to sleep in!!!! I'm going to crash on the couch for a bit.

Red, how did your day go? I hope it was better!

Crime girl - feeling any better? Physically and emotionally. Being sick constantly will bring your down! Did you ever get to pick up the vitamins stormy recommended? I hope you can start getting those in your system to help build up your immune system.

KJK - don't sweat the no walking....just because that's what pulled me through at the gym..... just kidding!! I only have to get up that early 1 day a week - you have to do it every day!! You're still the champ. And way to go exercising 5 days a week!!

Well yesterday I found out that my md appointment might be moved to monday! This is when I'm going to have him food test me again to see if I'm strong enough to get any forbidden foods back Cross your fingers for me! I did find out from him yesterday that in the past 20 years the "healthy" weight for women has been steadily climbing as our average weights have been steadily climbing...we're being told that the old charts were unrealistic - this also happened at the same time the heart attack rate in women started steadily climbing. It's interesting - I want to look into it myself. At any rate, the md wants my fat % between 15-22 where the charts at the gym say between 16-26 labels me FIT. I'd like to know if there is a magic way to know how much weight that means I need to lose. When you consider that I have to build muscle and lose fat, I dont' know if there is a magic number. All I know is my thinking that I'm carrying more fat that I realized on my body is probably accurate. We'll see. I'm not stressing about it. Not like I'd change my plan because I've got an extra 5-10 pounds to lose....I'll just keep pluggin and keep boring you guys and one day I'll get there

Well I'm going to crash on the sofa now. Good night!
Closed Thread