Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #16  
Hot Stuff

Punkin, sorry to hear you've also lost a dear friend.

zadie/Cerise, actually the whole clean house thing is a good idea. Less stress about the mess when it gets picked up daily, less time to maintain, more time/energy to focus on our health goals. I'm going to work that into my sprint, too.

Cerise, hopefully you and your classmates will continue to keep in close touch. Thinking about the sudden and untimely loss of your friend moved me to send a message to a friend that I've been purposely out of touch with. I was a little hurt over the lack of support in recent months while we were having such problems with DD, but it made me think that life is too short...he and I will work this out and get back to being good friends.

anagram, sorry to hear you're having technical difficulties and the weather isn't helping any. One day at a time, keep your eye on the prize, and offload here when you need to!

Arabella, are you liking SB? Was the detox awful for you? It was for me! I'm following a loose-SB, trying to watch the type and quantity of carbs.

Kaylets, you described my DH's idea of a perfect weekend...sleep and Star Wars! He is just a tad fanatical when it comes to Star Wars.

I didn't post any goals yesterday because I wanted to ponder a bit.. Having done so, here they are:

1. focus on more water intake
2. NO fast food for the next two weeks.
3. Some form of exercise daily.
4. 30 minutes per day of housecleaning so it doesn't pile up for the weekend

Have to do #3 and #4 still. Best get at it!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:26 PM   #17  
Momma Frog

Wish I could join everyone in the sprint to the 4th but if I lose weight again the doctor will yell at me!! Between april and may I lost (or shifted) poundage and she was not happy with me at all. I promise I'm eating like a horse!!!

Anyway, did I tell you we picked out a name? Syndey Allyson
It just came to me one day. I don't know why, I would have never thought about the name Sydney. His mother hates it!!! She wanted the baby to be named after her or her mother (a woman my husband has never met since she has been comitted all his life to a mental hospital in another state and his mother has never taken him to see her).

Anyway, I'll try to attach her pictures. These were taken in may, she's much bigger now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tweek.jpg (41.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg tweek 2.jpg (41.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-21-2004, 08:05 PM   #18  
Spreadin' the luv.

Awww, Frogger, the little sweetie! I'm so proud of you!

God, who CARES what the MIL wants to name the kid? Ew. I think names that Just Come To Us are really special, and Sydney Allyson is great. You should let kids call her Syd, 'cause that's way cool IMHO.

Speaking of names that pop into our heads, I was thinking the other day about what I'd name a daughter. Lola Rio is the best name I've ever thought of, ever. Not that I'm contemplating having kids...
Old 06-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #19  

HELLO ALL!

just a quickie.. but at least I can sit and rock for a bit...

Weighin tonight shows 2 lbs up! I am addding to my sprint list to stay away from that SF Hot cHoc...it bloats me up everytime...I need more carrots, celery and etc to get thru the day..... I am officially enjoying the new job so there I should get off this SF hot chocolate non stop trip... Will cut down to one serving a day instead of the 4 I have been enjoying (!)

Ceara: Still holding you in my thoughts

Punkin: Very sorry to hear such a terrific lady has taken the next step of her journey... Tell us more about her.

As for the flylady.. remember she only expects 15 minutes at a time...and is very upset if folks don't get enough rest, relaxation, and DOWNTIME...

In fact, I just deleted a large numbe of emails.... lately I havent even been able to read the testimonials....
But I am for sure making my own goal.... ALL of the clothes in this house that I cannot wear for any reason except too small must be contained in one area...absolutely out of control folks.... and I am a firm believer that the larger sizes must go...

Anagram- was wondering if the humidity was making you miserable... and yes, you're right... we will get thru these things... we have seen worse and we can get thru this too!!

Empress: Sprint away!

Zadie: tell us more about these projects!! Art? Gardening? Pottery? And sometimes, its the housework that we keep doing over and over that doesnt seem to show that is the most important... IE dishes, laundry and keeping those toiliets tidy... as for the last one, I do find that 15 seconds each am sure beats the alternative!

Ceara: Haven't heard much about the dogs lately??

Eydie: Keep smiling! You know what to do! C'mon, I've got your back!

FROGGER!!!! Thanks for the pix!! I can tell right away the good looks from your side of the family are going to continue!!
And by the way.... you are eating all sorts of veggies and fruits ?? They explained that the vitamins work better that way right???

Arabella: Thanks for the link... can't wait to take a look...

WSW: I know you're looking in! as the Empress would say "yowza"

As for me, I am to the showers.....have been cutting it too close in the am.. much too stressful... I don't early morning stress so .... TO THE SHOWERS!

hmmmmm.... I'll take a double order of towel boys please...
Old 06-22-2004, 06:36 AM   #20  

Hello all!

WIldfire! Thanks for starting this sprint thread! Sorry to have not mentioned that earlier! What's going on your way? What music have you been listening
lately? Any good books??

Scale this am is back to where it was yesterday am... ah well...
FORWARD! FORWARD!

Thought of the day :

"Breathe.
In.
One and Two and Three and Four.
Out.
One and Two and Three and Four.
Out.

Repeat.
Repeat again"

Question of the day :

"IF you came home ot find your teenager in bed with a postal delivery person, what would you say to them in one sentence?"

--From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel

***l

Must be off!
KETTLE IS ON!

Last edited by Kaylets; 06-22-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:52 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!! First off want to declare that the Little Frogger (aka Sydney? Is that the spelling? Love it!) be a verra fair and up-and-coming young lassie!!! Thanks for sharing the pics, Frogger!

Next, I need to say that I got the promotion and was not laid off ... someone else was and that's sad but I'm taking it because I need a job!

So I can stop binge eating any time now and start regular stress eating again.

Next may I modestly say that I'm on Day 3 of
THE DIET! It's occurred to me that THE DIET! is kind of the first two weeks of a 21-day challenge. There are no rules. I'm just counting calories and exercising and doing what I can to lose 4 pounds by the 4th (and I'm now working that day) and journaling it in a little book! I will make another weight goal on the 4th (or the 5th). I can't break the rules and go back to Day 1 because there aren't rules.

Works for me!

To all s, mentioned or unmentioned, huzzah! Sorry for the lack of individualized responses but I gotta go!!!

Oh, one more thing!!! Our noble Challengette Bburoughs on the 21-day thread hath COMPLETED HER 21-DAY CHALLENGE!!! She is the first to do so (although Ceara did a fab job and reached the majority of her 21-day goals and received a fab virtual noncalorie cake with the hope that she ate all of it herself as she deserved it ... Bburoughs has won the nonvirtual prize ... no Ed McMahon will not knock on her door in the middle of the night with a giant check, but the fab nonvirtual prize will be wending its slow way to her postal boxie by smail (they still actually have smail out there in nonvirtual land, isn't that odd?). If all Challengettes and any non-Challengettes but gracious queenies wanted to send a pm to Bburoughs or post a congrats on the thread, the Challengette committee would think that was nice!!!! Huzzah!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #22  
deleted2

Frogger, thanks for sending the pics. If I squint just right, I think that I can see your little Sydney!

Anagram sorry to hear about your technical difficulties. How're you feeling today?

Punkin, sorry to hear about your family friend's passing. Sounds like she made an impression on you--you really painted a picture of her!

Amarantha, congrats on the promotion!

Arabella, if you have time, could you post a typical menu of the SB plan?

Cerise, good luck with the cleaning. You didn't ask me but.....you can't clean if you don't declutter---I've finally wrapped my mind around this and have become a decluttering fool. I've never regretted anything that I've thrown out or given away. And I was thinking that if you still haven't warmed up to FlyLady, maybe you could get into feng shui and that'd get you going. Just a thought.......

Have had a very good 'food day' , but I'm sorely tempted by this chocolate-zucchini cake I made. Granted it's made with whole wheat flour, and low-fat ingredients, but if I eat too much of it, its not good. Hmm, I may have to go thru a time when I just don't eat any of that stuff for a while.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #23  

Hello all!

ok, alright, that's good news.... EMPRESS!!!! Tell us more !!
Is this the same position you said would have you inside, no more mountain road trips?? Promotion...??? Do you now have staff?? or share staff?
or .... I am really glad you are happy about this promotion but my goodness,
we need more COVERAGE!! We know Who but WHERE, WHEN ....

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Eydie: Did you try the cake? Did it make you just want more, more, more??
I'm wondering what would happen to me if I made a cake w/ whole wheat and some kind of rice syrup ..... but then again... how much cake can 2 people eat....

tempting but...

We had a rockem sockem storm come thru very quickly... I quickly ironed clothes for tomorrow just in case we were w/o power for awhile... but within 30 minutes, the worst was over...

so...
need to get as much organized as possible tonight...
am going in very early...
one of the benefits of being a little fish....Overtime!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #24  
wsw

trying to catch up on posts. thinking of you all, royals!

wildfire-thanks for starting the thread!

my recommitment:
-back to basics with relaxation techniques and will do these daily.
-less caffeine intake
-smaller, healthier food portions (and will continue with food journaling and exercise.)

arabella-liked the website referral.

frogger-loved seeing the baby pix! also loved the name you have picked out.

anagram-so sorry to hear you have technical difficulties. i hope your health problems will ease a.s.a.p. also sending good thoughts your way regarding dealing with dh's health issues.

punkin-sorry to hear of your family friend's death. sending you a big hug.

amarantha-congrats on the promotion! that's great.

--and to all the remaining royal court, please know i am thinking of each of you with warmth and gratitude.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:22 AM   #25  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Am still in there...hanging onto the buckboard with my fingernails though.....I know what you mean Eydie and Anagram.

Congrats on the job Empress A....cute tadpole Frogger.....is the weather better yet Wsw? Ours is drier but those mosquitoes are awful...How's yardsaling Kaylets? to all other s

I have to count days...I think I may have to double my walks on some days to get in 10! Horrors!

Walk # 2 is imminent...I have a supervisor's meeting this a.m. at 9 and they don't like the white hare.....

And it is my b-day today! Yeah!

Ceara
Old 06-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #26  
caffeine free!

So, yesterday I took a little mental health day and drove up to Stillwater to read by the river, which is a little odd because I live about 5 blocks from the Mississippi. At any rate it was much needed. I have been having a hard time at work recently, just not focused, so now I have no excuses.

So my best friend from law school and I decided that we were going to start out own law firm/bookstore. Not for a while, but we both love books and figure the law firm stuff will keep the place solvent.

frogger - the pictures are great. I like the name a lot and hope you are able to hold fast against the pressure from the MIL.

So, Amarantha, what is your job now? Do you still have to travel around as much?

Kaylets - projects? well first of all we are still working on stripping the wallpaper in the living room, plus we put up some new trim around some doors, so there are all of the tools for those tasks. then there is my gardening stuff and a heap of articles that I am using as research for an article that I am writing. Then there is all of Leif's electronic repair stuff and some amps that he is fixing for other people. We also have a multitude of musical instruments everywhere. Three acoustic guitars, three electric, two basses, a pump organ, a piano, a sax, a violin, a dulcimer, various wooden flutes and my pride and joy a bass recorder. Oh and a drum set. I want to get all of this organized without losing the character of our home. Very hard.

Well, I suppose i should get back to working. A bit grudgingly, but back to work none the less.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:00 PM   #27  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Flying by!

Still going, but ... tired and in need of vacation!

Punkin, so sorry about the loss of your friend. She sounded like a vivid character

Ceara, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a good one, and all good things in the year to come!

Eydie, in general Phase I is: lean protein, non-starchy veggies, low-fat dairy. I was happy with it once I realized that it included lentils and chickpeas and soy. There's a segment of the forum devoted to South Beach, with FAQs, recipes, menus and so on.

Right now I'm tired and have that old feeling that slumping on the couch and ingesting carbs would help. But I think I'll have a quick hummus/veggie snack and then relax on the couch with a magazine for a bit.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Me-me postie and brevity mode at that as a guy is coming to put a new windshield in car!

Kaylets, nope, this isn't the job I'm hoping to get in town ... or was hoping to get as I don't think I did. This is a Amarantha-didn't-get-laid-off job with a better title (but more work and about the same amount of travel). Dunno. I think it's going to work out quite well, though. I don't start until July.

Arabella, I think there's a SB website, too. At least I found one that had all the rules, etc., it looks like a good plan, although not for me.

Gotta go. I think the glass man cometh!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #29  
caffeine free!

Aarrgg! Evil rainstorm preventing me from riding my bike home. The ride home is the fun part becuase it is mostly downhill.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #30  
deleted2

Kaylets, so sorry to hear about DH's cruddy Sunday. That has to sting a bit, like not being acknowledged on your birthday...

Speaking of that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CEARA! I hope you're doing something fun and it's everything you want it to be!

As for me, I'm behaving as if it's my birthday, sort of. Just taking in too many calories---the only saving grace is it's all good stuff, that's got to count for something, right? And I'm also working out like a fiend--I love that! Buckets of sweat!

Closed Thread