Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #106  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wildfire, yes, we'll work it out privately. Plus we don't want to make anyone feel bad 'cause they can't come too. I haven't got the address, but I'll get it from DH later (it's his mom's place). Oh, this is GREAT!!!

BTW, if anyone's in the Boston area and has time and inclination to get together on Sat the 31st or Sunday Aug. 1....

Amarantha, yes, balance is so important. My desire for balance today meant that I ended up (gulp) not working this afternoon. Got carried away cleaning my house. Still not clean, but seems more doable. Having a party a week from Saturday and really want to get the house shining by then. Tomorrow, I'll go for more balance (i.e. actually get some work done )

Night, All!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #107  

Flyby - dh hospitalized today. I'll be awol for a bit.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #108  
Empress/Queen

Anagram, sorry that dh has had to be hospitalized!

Fingers and toes crossed that all goes well. Awaiting your return!
Old 07-09-2004, 06:54 AM   #109  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, All!

First and foremost, Anagram, hands and love extended to you again. I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm back on mostly induction phase and squeezed (or squoze, as my dad used to like to say) another pound off. Trying to do the Hocus Pocus Focus really hard for the next -- well, month really, because I don't want to get off track while I'm away. I'm glad that so many restaurants are getting more lower carb options. DH's cousin e-mailed the set menu for our first dinner with the family: lasagna, garlic bread, Caesar salad & fruit cobbler. Total Carbfest. I've readjusted my mini-goal -- thinking that I'm not going to manage to lose 34 pounds in the next 9 days. I readjusted, with a goal of around six pounds a month. Felt a little disheartened, but what can one do but carry on?

I just happened to see Morrigan on another thread (who here is from the old Christmas lites thread? Amarantha. And Anagram, Eydie, and Wildfire?) I PMed her and she's going to stop by to say hello. She's got 2 kids (think she had just had one when last we met). Wonder what ever became of Joanie?

Okey-doke. Time to get productive (well, breakfast and shower and then productive). Love to all -- let's take this day and do the best we can with it!
Old 07-09-2004, 09:24 AM   #110  
Empress/Queen

Yo, will be on hiatus for approximately two weeks but will update my sig to document weight changes. Probably won't even have time to lurk, though! Avanti!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #111  
Is it Friday yet?

It's FRIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!

Sorry I've been AOL - we've been super busy hiring a new mechanic and my mom's been out of the office quite a bit so I've been running things solo.

Anagram, please keep us posted on DH. I hope everything's ok????

Don't have time to chat right now, just wanted to wish you all a wondermus weekend!

Toodles!

Terri
Old 07-09-2004, 08:35 PM   #112  

As she comes crashing onto the porch, hair everywhichway, glasses swinging wildly from the neck chain, pausing only to open the door rather than to careen right thru it.....

She comes skidding into the room, throwing her bags and raincoat at the first empty spot, grabs a cup and lands in the rocker in what seems like a single movement.....

She takes a deep breath and then says,

" Hello all!"

Anagram-- ((((((((((((HUG))))))))))) and know all of us are with you. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way. Enough for you and DH.
We are with you!

Empress-- wait a minute! you mean this "promotion" means we have to do without you!! I am not sure I like the sound of this! Just kidding... Knock em dead! Make them green w./ envy! Make them wish they were 1/2 as good as you!

Arabella and Wildfire! I am so jealous! Enjoy your time together! Maybe someone will take a photo of the two of you together? then you could share???

Wsw-- your post yesterday really helped when I was lurking during my lunch yesterday... I was feeling starved and was starting to think I should forget what I packed for lunch and have something else. But then I happened upon your post and realized its only up to me....thanks for posting when you did yesterday!

Punkin... I CAN RELATE !! Just when I thought I had the best schedule going..
I went and cut out an 1.5 each morning.... I am starting to wonder if it would be better if I posted "tomorrow's thought of the day" .....

Eydie! Congrats on your anniversary... been meaning to tell you that since the day I read your post telling us about the anniversary! YIKES...

Frogger! How are you feeling??? Hope you are in training and that's why we havent seen much of you.

Zadie... We cleared a section of the garage last week to fit a bigger walkbehind mower.. wound up tossing lots of empty boxes.. ( why do we save them only to toss them.. I think I will instute a rule... only can save 3.. )
I have intentions of taking photos for Ebay auctions this weekend and expect to be able to put things safely away in boxes too.
Did you have a chance to "organize" some of your projects...

More domestic stress... Its amazing how folks ( children) can justify why parents should hand over large sum of money ( nearly $1000) while at the same time reminding telling us to "call me on my cellphone ".. amazing what passes as a necessity... obviously its not respect for your parents...

Also amazing how easy it is to say no when you really don't have the money...
at least not right on hand. Its a shame that an able bodied person who could easily waitress/bartend, etc weekends and double their income easily.. ( single, no children) would rather leave a voicemail message at a time when it was a very safe bet no one would be home to pick up the phone.
The message said the money was needed for car repairs. Well, maybe...
We learned that lesson last "loan"...
and I figure it this way... DD lives in a big city w/ a transit system I still miss...
so... its interesting to see DH's reaction to this request... whether its because she's 2 yrs older than DS or whether DH just has less tolerance. Or perhaps he realized he was getting played long ago....
I give up.

But all I know for sure is...if the bus ( as limited as it is here ) is good enough for me...

so who did I forget...

Cerise! Ceara! How are you??? Who else has come by lately??

And yes, I think the Empress is right.. we could use a fresh thread...

any ideas? any thoughts on getting us to the end of of July???

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 07-10-2004, 05:57 AM   #113  

Morning. DH hanging in, yes, it is serious stuff. Three pints of blood so far. Waiting for a turn around. I'm hanging in too.

EOM is a "Blue Moon", rare enough to celebrate perhaps. Not that I'm going to be stressing too much about weight right now.

Thanks for all the support. I sit in that hospital room and feel the hands and hugs coming. Really helps.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:28 AM   #114  

Hello all!

Anagram... Here's another (((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))

Need to run...

Today I ask all of you...
What is your favorite thought, qoute, saying, etc..??

Question of the day ;
"If you could live in a past era so you could wear the clothes in fashion at that time, when would it be?"
------From IF (2) by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywel
Old 07-10-2004, 06:35 AM   #115  
wsw

anagram-i'm so sorry to hear dh is in hospital and going through such a rough time. you and dh are in my thoughts and prayers. sending lots of hugs too. hope turn around happens soon. here's my hand--.

amarantha-will miss you while you're on hiatus here. take good care of yourself.

kaylets-glad to hear my post proved good timing for you. i so rely on the good support and tips i learn from all of you. i love all those quotes you post for us, kaylets.

hi arabella, wildfire, punkin! --and to all the royal ones, hope your saturday is a good one.

got a lot of cleaning and organizing of closets done in past couple of days, which feels good. somehow, still have quite a bit to go, but on the right track. my place is so small that organization is crucial here. have remained op and exercised. off to try and get some errands done before gets too much hotter. take care, all.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #116  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Exclamation

I've been lurking...just no time to log in and post....

Am looking foreward to a week of restoration......of me. DH and DS are gone for the week, so I am the official turkey and chicken sitter. Hopefully none die on my watch...unlike last year

Anagram, keeping you in my prayers

I need to get ready for work...one of my self projects is to take care of me, and I need a shower and to make my lunch. Besides my typing hasn't improved much I see...have a lot of typos to correct as I go..lack of practise

Will check in later 'gators!

Ceara
Old 07-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #117  
Hot Stuff

anagram, we are all right there with you in spirit. I hope DH makes that turnaround pronto. Keeping you both in my thoughts and my heart.

Friday here has always been a pizza & movie night. Last night I decided I wasn't really hungry after work, and didn't want pizza. Okay, so I ended up munching on microwave popcorn later (natural, not buttered), but that has to be better than scarfing pizza.

Amarantha, two whole weeks??? I guess we will have to survive without you but I hereby declare that it is under protest!

Kaylets, slow down girl! This new job is certainly keeping you busy. Happy Belated Birthday! Kids can really be something, huh? They just seem to expect so much more these days and feel it should be provided for them, not something they have to achieve themselves.

ceara, good luck sitting!

wsw, doesn't a little cleaning/organizing make a world of difference? Makes you more relaxed knowing there isn't a disaster lurking behind closet doors...even though you are the only one who usually sees it, just knowing it is all in order lifts your spirits.

Punkin, good to see you! Hope things settle down there soon.

Who are we missing? Cerise, zadie, Eydie, we know Frogger is preoccupied...any wandering royalty out there, stop in!

We are off today to the Re-Use Center to hunt for treasure. It is a huge warehouse where people bring stuff they no longer want but is too good to throw out. It is donation only, they don't pay for your unwanted stuff. Then they resell it dirt cheap to anyone who wants it. I picked up a lamp there last week, big side-table lamp in working condition for $5.00. Needs a new shade so I'm going to buy a plain one and jazz it up with some beaded trim. To buy a similar lamp in a discount home decor store they go for upwards of $70.00!! Going back to look for the mate to this lamp. It was there last week but I only needed one. The mate was marked $2.00 because the wire was cut. DH said we should get it because eventually we might need the second lamp (when we are in a bigger place) and it's a snap to rewire a lamp. Also spotted some interesting tables last week, and we are on the hunt for martini glasses. There are aisles of dishes/glassware for pennies! Never know what you might find.

Having watched Finding Nemo for the third time, one line in particular has stuck with me...."just keep swimming". (When Marlin was discouraged and Dory was trying to cheer him up.)

So just keep swimming everyone!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #118  
deleted2

Anagram, thinking of you and your dear one. Thanks for keeping us posted--love to you!

Old 07-10-2004, 05:55 PM   #119  
Empress/Queen

Well, as you s may have predicted, I can't stay away two weeks, but am going to limit my posting for two weeks anyhow as this job is turning into a bear! Anyhow, am sending hands across the country to Anagramatic and her dh!

Thanks for the greeting in absentia, K!

Can't hack the detailed journal thread and have posted a calorie counters club(lette) thread for anyone who just wants to post calories in/calories out and I'll be over there for awhile. Huzzah! I'm going to hocus pocus focus focus on getting the weight off and for me it's calories that count!
Old 07-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #120  
Empress/Queen

Also thanks to Wildfire and Wsw for remembering me ... I'm still officially gone on hiatus but on the calorie counter thread!
Closed Thread