Old 08-23-2004, 04:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Poor kid! Is this the first time that Mom and Dad have been gone for so long? Your description of your morning sure reminds me of when my kids were younger. Sometimes work felt like a vacation after all that rushing around trying to get everyone ready. How's the youngest one doing? You'll be able to name all the characters in those kids shows soon!

Hey, I got so inspired by the women's marathon that when we were walking our dog last night, I started running. Up the hill. I thought I was pretty fit, but, oh, my, did my lungs burn! Of course, a year or more ago, I wouldn't have been able to run at all, even down a hill.

I've seen Ground Force a couple of times--pretty neat show. I haven't been able to find House Doctor on BBC America yet. What day does it come on where you live? I'd love to see that.

Went to "land" aerobics for the first time in a long time. It gets so hot in the gym during the summer that I only go when the temperature the day before class has been in the lower 70s or lower. Except for one day in the last couple of months, I've only gone once so that gives you an idea of our weather. There's no A/C in the gym, so in the summer it can get stinking hot, and really cold in the winter, too. Luckily, cold isn't a problem after about 10 minutes of working out.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #77  

Hello,

I believe yes, this is the first time that this grandson has stayed with us this long. His parents have taken a long weekend here and there, but never a 10 day vacation.

Yes, being at work is like a vacation. What a tremendouse price to pay to get to work though. I have to give the parents of today a lot of credit. It is very stressful trying to get an 8, 6 and 1 year old going in the morning. I was a stay at home Mom until our last child was about 10 years old. I didn't know how good I had it.

Sheila we get House Doctor on Direct TV on Saturday mornings around 8 or 9 and then it is on again in the evening. The designer Ann Maurice, cuts right to the quick.

Got to watch a little of the olympics last night after the kids went to bed, but was falling asleep, so I went to bed. What a controversy for poor Paul Hamm.

Office Bully is at it again, so everyone is staying in their desk area or offices staying out of his way. The ugly brute.

Hope you are all well and there are no Office Bullies in your lives.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #78  

Sheila,

I just wanted to add. That I admire the hard work you do and have done to loose the weight you have lost. If anyone should have a gold medal, it should be you!

Bluet
Old 08-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #79  

Thanks, Bluet, what a sweet thing to say.

Office bullies--yuck. I no longer work so I don't have any of those to contend with. Had a boss who was a bully so I quit, sued, and won. Got a lot of satisfaction out of that. I'm not a suit happy person, but in this case it just felt so right.

So my Dad went to the doctor yesterday so he could look at the stitches in Dad's elbow and head. He goes again on Friday to get the sutures out. I made Dad ask the doctor about this sore on his hand. The doctor believes it's cancer. That was quite the shocker. I looked on the internet and it appears to look like squamous cell cancer, which isn't as bad as melanoma. He's had basal cell skin cancer before, but he doesn't remember. I forced him to let me go to the doctor with him on Friday to see what's going on (and said we'd go out to lunch afterward). He also said the doctor looked at something else and said "cancer," too, but he couldn't tell me where. I called the doctor's office, but it wasn't in the notes. Guess we'll see on Friday. Hopefully he just got confused about it and it's only one spot. He's survived prostate, bladder and skin cancer before so I'm sure he'll be okay now.

We had what you'd call torrential rains today. I looked out at the graveled driveway and saw an inch of standing water. Went to the gym to lift weights, then came home for a sponge bath. We had the defective tub refinished (paid for by the tub manufacturer) so we can't use it until tonight. Boy, that's sure a stinky procedure, and we can't put shampoo bottles around the rim anymore. After my sponge bath, I went back to the Y for a 15 minute chair massage.

You just gotta feel sorry for Paul Hamm, and actually all the gymnasts who are caught in the all-around scoring controversy and last night's debacle. I was actually hoping that Paul Hamm would get a lower score because of how awful it looked when he did better than the Russian guy who, frankly, had a better routine. The Russian guy was definitely a great sport. He didn't have to tell the crowd to stop, but he did. His teammate on the women's side should take a page out of her book. I really liked her until I heard that she said the Americans had rigged the judging of the women's event. That's why I like track--they just run and it's timed and there's no subjectivity.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Hi to Fatpuss, SunnyD, and Charlotte.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:29 PM   #80  

Sheila, I thought that you had that tub resurfaced a long time ago. DS resurfaced his by himself with a product he bought at Menards. It looks really nice. Our tub downstairs is as old as when DH's parents installed indoor plumbing. It really needs to be resurfaced. I am thinking of doing it myself, but like you said it is really a smelly process.

Sorry to hear about Dad. I don't know what to tell you, but you are a really good daughter. You will never regret having helped your Dad, even though sometimes it is a bit trying. My Dad passed away about 10 years ago when he was around 72. He was very ill with emphyzema. My Mom is starting to look very fragile. My daughters are very concerned about her, they don't see her all the time, but got to see her two weekends in a row for the baby shower and my neice-to-be's bridal shower.

We have thunder storms predicted for all week. It has been over-cast and yucky all day, but it hasn't rained yet, just threatening.

Well, it is time for me to close up shop and head over to the Y to pick up the 8 and 6 year olds. They had swimming today during Summer Adventure. Perhaps they will be tired out a little, propably NOT. DH goes to the south side and picks up the baby at daycare. I wonder what I will make for supper tonight.

Have a good evening all... Take care Charlotte, SunnyD and Puss....

Bluet
Old 08-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #81  

Hi everybody...
Sorry for being gone so long. I was having a terrible flare. It lasted several days. I was to get my treatment yesterday, but, after I got there, I was told the Dr was out sick, & couldn't get it. They had tried to reach me, but was too late. A Dr has to be there, nearby, because of risk of complications. Now, I have to find someone to go with me tomorrow. It's hard to find someone to drive me, for everyone works. I tried to slip it on my own the last two times. Got caught the last time, though, & chewed out by dr & nurse, as it's dangerous with all the Zyrtec, Benadryl & Remicade in me. I just don't like to bother anyone.
We've really got the rain coming down today!!

Sheila...sorry about your dad. As far as the Aricept...my FIL was diagnosed with Alziemer's a couple of years ago. He got to where he would be driving places, & would get lost. He would stop & ask someone to help him find his house. His Dr put him on Aricept. After that, he started seeing people in his house that weren't there. Said they would actually get in bed with him. He'd just sit & stare for the longest when any of us were there. He was so "different" so fast! Finally, a couple of months ago, my SIL heard of people being put on that medication that really didn't need it. That some people had fluid or water on the brain, for some reason that caused memory problems. If they were put on Aricept, it caused a lot of strange side effects. They took my FIL back to a different Dr, & discovered this was his case. He's no longer on that medication, & doing a lot better.
When you said your dad was seeing people, or things that were't there, I thought of that. It may be worth seeing into. Good luck.

Well, I'm not feeling well. Going to go for now. Hope all have a good day.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #82  

Hello All,

My goodness, I could swear yesterday there had to have been a full moon, things were really all awry all day long. The work front is pretty quite, everyone is trying to stay clear of any conflict. I myself, am trying to keep a low profile, because usually I am a prime target. When I figure out why that is, then maybe I can fix it.

Did not watch any TV last night, because we had some severe thrunderstorms come through and they tend to knock out the satelite. The kids put Ice Age in the DVD and watched that for the hundreth time. DH sat down with them and got caught up in it. He enjoyed it, but he hasn't seen it a many times as I have over the past couple of years.

Sheila, you sure have been to a lot of different places. I am lucky if I have been out of the Mid-West. Perhaps someday, probably when I am too old to enjoy it. I thought about that alpine garden, but I know for a fact that if my front yard did not get mowed every week, I would be impossible to live with, so alas, Alpine is probably not best for me.

Well, a certain someone showed up with a complaint and dumped it on my desk so I had better go.

Hello to SunnyD, Charlotte and Puss....miss you guys.....keep me in your thoughts today.

Bluet
Old 08-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #83  

Good afternoon, ladies!

Where did we lose Puss? Someone will have to roust her out again!

So I'm eager to know if the kids were tired after swimming. I'm betting they weren't either. Kids are like those energizer bunnies in many ways. Hopefully everyone is sleeping through the night, though, and there aren't too many tears. Maybe they won't want to go home with mom and dad after vacationing with you, Bluet. Although, I'm sure by then you'll be herding them out the door. I love my granddaughter, but the longest I've ever been able to care for her is about 8 hours. I was exhausted and she doesn't even walk! I think with her it's more of a mental exhaustion because I'm so on guard against things going wrong with her tube feeding and her oxygen and getting tangled up in cords and what if she stops breathing, and will I remember the baby CPR stuff, etc.

Well, I really wish I could have stayed in Oregon, but job issues forced us to move to Colorado, then Idaho, and now my Dad brings us here to Washington. I'm hoping we'll eventually come full circle back to Oregon. So it really wasn't by choice that we moved so much. It's funny, too, because the only place I remember growing up is the street I lived on (and live on now). We lived across the street where my earliest memories are, then moved to this house after it was built. I almost moved to Madison, Wisconsin in 1977. I saved up money during the winter, preparing to move in the spring, but started reading the weather report for Wisconsin--no way! I'm not a winter person.

It's raining here, too, Charlotte. I hope rain doesn't affect your RA. I'm sorry you had such a bad flare-up. I certainly understand about having to have people drive you places. I know I hate having to rely on people to get me places. But then I think of how many people I could potentially take out, including myself, with my somewhat erratic driving because I can't turn my head.

Thanks for the info on Arricept. That's pretty interesting. My Dad has started to hear alarms go off so we changed the battery in his smoke detector, although he said it rang, and didn't beep (like they do when the battery is low). He also asked if we heard the alarm go off at the neighbor's house at 5:00 am the other morning. Now, we sleep with the window open so you'd think we would have heard it. He doesn't so now I'm wondering if he's hearing things, which maybe could be a side effect of the medication?? I'm going to have to keep an eye out for weird behavior (other than the "normal" weird behavior!).

My dog, who didn't get his walk yesterday because of the rain, peed in our little 1/2 bath in our bedroom. I was so mad at him. He's 12 years old and should know better. He always tells us when he has to go out so either I missed his signal or he was ticked because I wouldn't walk him. Since he doesn't like to get rained on, you'd think he'd be happy that I didn't take him out. We even covered an area so he doesn't get wet when he goes outside to potty. At least he peed in the bathroom--I suppose that's better than other places he could have gone!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #84  

Hi All,

No, Sheila, the grandkids were not tired after swimming. I must hve been dillusional, that I even paused to believe that they would be.

It, hasn't been the easiest week, I would be lying if I said it was. I had hoped I was still capable of taking care of 3 young children and working full time, but it is very stressful. I am extremely disappointed in myself.

It is the constant prodding and begging the kids to get moving in the morning so that we can get every place on time, that is wearing on my nerves, and then amoung that, there has to be that sibling rivalry thing going on between the 8 yr old and the 6 yr old. The baby is extremely clingy and cries whenever I put her down. I think she thinks I will abandon her too.

All three of them are so sweet and loveable. It is hard to imagine they have their monster moments. Then when I raise my voice to get some attention, I feel the grandma guilt trip kick in. I am very fortunate that DH is as helpful as he is, otherwise this would be doubly hard.

What it all comes down to is, I hate to admit I am getting old.

The positive and upside is that I am getting all my cleaning and washing done in record time after the baby goes to sleep at night. I was wondering how I used to get all the work done on time and now I struggle with getting it done in a timely fashion. Well, now I remember. Go like **** when the baby is napping or sleeping for the night.

Tomorow my "kids" start school, second grade and all day kindergarten, wonder how that is going to sit with them. We have been talking about it all week to get them prepared. Six year old was a real bear to get up this morning. Otherwise she has gotten up at six every morning and dressed herself, but balks at breakfast, hair combing and teeth brushing.

Plus the stress of, OB at work. Well, enough of my sad story. I am just thankful that my own children are willing to take on this responsibility and do this everyday day in and day out. I think it is about time that I told them how proud I am of them

Hope your day goes well, Sheila hope it has stopped raining so you can take your old dog for a walk. Think what he might do if he was really really mad at you.

Charlotte, praying that your doctor is available when you go for your treatment and that you feel better soon.

Puss and SunnyD, wish both the best, take care, love you guys.

Bluet
Old 08-26-2004, 05:28 PM   #85  

So sorry girls for leaving it so long. Dh came back from abroad Sunday afternoon after 4 1/2 weeks away and DS pitched up the same evening from London. Guess I don't need to tell you all it was chained to the cooker time. DS only left to go back to his own house yesterday evening (taking the contents of the freezer and the airline-type foods I prepare through the weeks in containers for him). Also, when he is home, DS is on the internet in the evenings usually researching medical stuff for his course. So apologies but never found the right time. DH is watching TV right now so here I am. Sheila I am so sorry to hear about DDs mishap, you must have been worried sick about him plus you had his confusion to cope with. I think your DH was so smart and sweet to suggest it may have been a dream DD had. Can sympathise with you over the dog weeing, one of the kittens decided to wee this morning in a cardboard box I had in the sitting room for them to play with. Also, when I came home from work this evening, there was a puddle on the carpet by the front door in spite of there being a clean litter tray where it always is. Maybe it's time for neutering - they will be 6 months old on the 10th of next month. Bluet I wish I could sort that bully out for you - nothing riles me more than an adult acting like he was back in the playground. How sweet are you even thinking of meeting my DD at the airport! I didn't know you lived anywhere near there but a 4 hour drive is far too far. Besides which, I never knew her itinery to be honest so wouldn't have been able to give details. How kind of you all the same to think like that. And don't feel guilty about how you feel with the GKs. You sound like a wonderful gran and just remind yourself, having kids is a young man's game. SunnyD your graphics are amazing and it's good to see you back. I tried to post pictures of kittens but too somethings for this site to take so will have a go at reducing them. Make sure you do not get over fatigued again, won't you? Angel I feel for you dear, it must be miserable when you flare up. It's such a shame that you don't have community ambulances like we do here - not equipped ambulances as such but ones that collect you and take you to the clinics or hospitals when you have an appointment. Also we have voluntary dial-a-ride where volunteers collect people door to door for medical visits. I hope you can get it to settle down soon. x
Girls please forgive me if I don't appear here until next Tuesday. DD is travelling home tomorrow for the weekend but is back on duty on Monday which is a public holiday here. She has just received her first pay packet as a junior doctor and thinks she is really flush. Didn't like to bring her down by explaining that working 11 and 12 hours a day divided by the amount of pay doesn't amount to as much salary as she thinks! She has a 4 hours drive south to us tomorrow and son comes back with girlfriend on Saturday so...chained to the cooker again, ha ha. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, xx
Fatpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #86  

Poor Fatpuss chained to the cooker! At least you're not barefoot and pregnant. I wonder if that's only a U.S. joke? So whatcha making for dinner, by the way? So when is DS going to become a full-fledged doctor like DD? That was good of you not to burst her bubble and let her know that she's probably making as much as the waitress at the pub down the street, and not getting free drinks either.

I like that dial-a-ride idea. They have something similar in larger cities in the U.S., well, at least in the U.S. cities I've lived in. The people who live in small towns are really hurting for transportation, and now I've heard that Greyhound bus is abandoning a lot of lines to smaller towns. So much for not trying to rely on your automobile when you live in a small town--it's impossible.

Bluet, are you taking some time off to accompany them to school? Boy, that will bring back those moments to you. I took three little ones to kindergarten, and cried after dropping them off. Perhaps not so much with the second one because I was pregnant with my daughter and was happy to have a little time to nap.

Yeah, I think we all have those moments when we hate to think we're getting old. Except for the aches and pains, I don't feel any different than I did 25 years ago, but the face that looks back at me in the mirror certainly isn't that person. The good things about growing old are that we have a lot more money than our "poor" days, and we have a lot more wisdom. I truly wouldn't want to go back to those days again. And, I tell you, if I could just be like these people in my aerobics class, I wouldn't be worried at all about aging. I was talking with this one woman whom I'd pegged as being in her late 60s, early 70s, and it appears she's in her early 80s. And this one guy who is so limber and fun-loving, whom I was sure wasn't a day over 70, is 85 years old. I just about fell down when I heard that. I want to be him (substituting my womanly parts, of course)--and he's got great hair, too!

Tomorrow is my Dad's doctor's appointment to get his sutures out and have the lesion on his arm checked. While I'm pretty sure it is skin cancer, please say a little prayer that it's easy to get rid of.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #87  

Good Morning Everyone,

My goodness did we ever have some sever thunderstorms last night. A lot of flashing, noise and wind. Some power outages, tree limbs down, some more rain predicted for this afternoon. Right now it is tropical outside, warm and humid.

Everything went well this morning. I didn't have to prod or push, kids were excited about school starting. Next week Mom and Dad can worry about getting them up and at it for school. The baby started saying bumba (grandpa) this morning when she would see DH. He is just as pleased as punch. Last night he said he was really going to miss taking her to daycare and picking her up and seeing her pretty little smile. The kids will be flying into Milwaukee sometime Sunday and then it is a 2 hour drive to get home. I spoke to them every night this week, they really miss the kids. I took lots of pictures this morning of first day at school.

Sheila, I will keep you in my thoughts today and have already offered a prayer for Dad. My Dad had that type of cancer removed from his skin on his face a couple of times too. My Dad worked hard in construction all his life and spent many hours in the sun. How is your daughter and new SIL doing? I'll bet she is glad the stress of planning a wedding is over. Don't forget to look for a schedule to see if House Doctor is on tomorrow and Life's Laundry. The hostess on LL is a very compasionate lady, I like her and the way she helps people let go of their stuff. By the way I finally had my garage sale at the end of July and made over $635.00.

Puss, I am still chuckling about your cooker. I never heard it called a cooker before. That is so apropos. What are you planning on making for everyone to eat? Thank you for letting us know you will be unavailable until Tuesday, we will miss you.

SunnyD, are you off to enjoy another car show this weekend? Well, whatever you and Joe do, have fun, I know you will.....Take Care.

Charlotte....... ......was yesterday your appointment?....hope you are feeling better. How long does it take after a treatment, that you start to feel results? Hang tough sweet lady.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Bluet
Old 08-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #88  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good afternoon *BLUET * SHEILA * PUSS & ANGEL* it's sooo good to see you all !!!

I have had one very odd/ busy week --- so much goes on in the month of August. And so many little things that add up and need to be done, but too many to mention. I have spent most of this week sorting, filing and cleaning this office not to mention the everyday stuff that has to be kept up. I did not go to Curves all this week, nor have I walked till today (I haven't left my home all week ). So this coming Monday I will be back *on track* with my exercise, being careful not to over-do. I did get in 2 miles this morning (a very slow 2 miles!), but I got it in. And when I weighed myself I am still at 193 - haven't gain anything - thank the Lord. I am looking forward to getting back into exercise again next week - I really did miss it. Boy, does it ever feel good getting stuff that has been on your mind and on the back burner done

Just this afternoon I got the book I ordered from Amazon.com --- titled *Eating for IBS* by Heather Van Vorous. I cannot believe all the things I was doing wrong (!) with food, no wonder I have been in such pain! She states how wrong the advice given by most Dr's is for IBS sufferers today (and anything you may have wrong with your digestive system like: Cronhn's Disease, Lactose Intolerance & Ulcerative Colitis) and how most Dr's don't even care to really look into helping you knowing there's no real cure. Just in the few days I have followed her program, with the info from the net, the spasms have lessened and my tummy is actually looking flat!!!! I have been looking at a bloated tummy for so many years and just never knew what to do for it... it seemed that everything made me bloated and puffy and painful. She has answered so many of my questions... I happen to find the info on Web MD in a desperate search for a remedy... I feel so very tired all the time and fight for the energy to keep going each day. The constant pain is so hard on the body.

Here is the LINK if you like to see for yourselves: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/

I have lived with the pain for so many years & it has been getting progressively worse limiting me in life more and more, I look forward to living a more normal life again. It is so hard to go out with this illness --- I am always looking for the nearest bathroom I am so grateful to have a hubby that has looked out for me all these years and is so very supportive. He knows all my signals so when we go out & I must excuse myself he'll cover or add to the conversation so no one is aware of me leaving. Sometimes we have to leave early and he is always there for me... such a gift to me. I must say that God truly knew what he was doing when he gave me Joe... he knew I would need TLC Sorry to go off like this --- but I am feeling so emotional about finding something that just may solve my health problems making our lives better, if nothing else... lessen the pain I have lived for so many years. So now you all know what I will be doing tonight... reading my new book!

Take Care Gals and have yourselves A Wonderful Weekend... I have no real plans this weekend other then going to breakfast with our friends and grocery shopping tomorrow morning ( I have allot of new foods to add into my kitchen ) and Church on Sunday morning... I'll be seeing you all on Monday!!! I'll try to catch up with you all then, okay.

Much Loves,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 PM   #89  

Just a little drunk, still....after treatment yesterday! I couldn't find anyone available to drive me, so, I took myself. I didn't take any chances with hurting others by being sleepy, or "out of it". I didn't take anything, except one Benadryl. I decided if I had to take any chances, it would be with me, & not someone else. But, I didn't have any problems, this time, so it all worked out. Sometimes, we just don't have a choice, you know?! Thankfully, the nurse didn't ask me if I had a driver. (she usually does) DH told me if I couldn't find someone, to call him, he'd be working nearby yesterday. So, I felt better, knowing, if I got into trouble, I could call him.
The Dr. said I had a bad viral infection last week, & it triggered a flare up...so, I guess I had good cause to feel so bad. It's probably going to take awhile to get strength back like I need. Bluet, to answer your question...the results after treatments are different with everyone. For me, it usually takes 2-3 days to start feeling better. The 2nd & 3rd week are pretty good, then the 4th week is fair, then the 5th week I start feeling the Remicade wearing off...generally with fatigue first, then pain & stiffness...then it all worsens until my treatment, which is 5-6 weeks apart. There was a young man (36 yrs old) taking a treatment the same time as me yesterday. He looked so strong & healthy. He was talking about the fatigue, pain, & stiffness, & how his buddies couldn't understand. Especially when he had to rest so often at work...then laying around at home & sleeping. They think he's lazy. At least that's how he felt. I talked to him about how most people don't understand RA. That it's not just arthritis, but, an auto-immune disease. I felt sorry for him.

Well, to better things...my son's divorce trial was Tuesday. They decided together, to have joint custody & keep things as it is. So, my son has the girls every other week. They split the expenses in half. They're even talking "decent" to each other, now....discussing issues concerning the girls. Hopefully it will work out. This has been a very big stress on all of us. I sure hope the worse is over.

Sunny...I truly hope you have found help for your health problem. I'm praying for you. I certainly know what pain & fatigue is about. Maybe, you've finally found what you need. I have a friend....the meteorologist at the TV Station, that has Crohn's Disease. He has to take the same treatments that I take. I'll tell him about the site. Maybe it will help him, as well.

Bluet...I'm so sorry about the bully where you work. Makes for miserable days. There must be something to do about it. Thanks so much for the pm. It means a lot, to get a "cheering up" note. Hang in there with those grands! You're not a bad grandma...just not used to doing all those things, anymore. I've found, since my son is living with us, now. That the weeks the girls are here, I STAY tired & stressed out! Even though, he takes care of them. I guess, I just feel I should make sure they're taken care of.

Fatpuss....that dial-a-ride sounds great! Only, I live out in the country. Even if we had some kind of program like that...my treatments are about 40 miles from where I live. When my sister, & daughter found out I went alone, they felt soooo bad. But, they couldn't help it, they both work. My daughter took off work Tuesday to take me. (just to come home without it) She couldn't get out of working Thursday. My sister babysits...& NO WAY did I need little ones with me. Oh well, it worked out.
Glad your DH made it back ok. I'm sure you were glad to see him. That was a long time apart! We'll miss you, until Tuesday! I have a vision of you "chained" to the cooker!

Sheila...I'm sure it's stressful taking care of that precious little granddaughter. I hope everything goes well with your dad.

Well, I'm tired, & still a little "out of it"...I'll try to post more tomorrow. Everyone have a good weekend.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:01 PM   #90  

Good evening, all!

Charlotte, I hope that you feel better soon and that the viral infection won't rear its ugly head. Did you feel like you had a virus or did you just think it was the "usual" pretreatment stuff? That's sad about the 36 year old guy. People take health for granted--I know I did until I got sick. Have you been able to get to the TV station at all? Good news about your son! I'm so glad that stress is out of everyone's life. Hopefully, they can continue to be amicable and put the girls ahead of all else. Having been through that, I know it's tough, but worth it.

SunnyD, what a marvelous discovery! Isn't the internet wonderful? You know, you see all the bad stuff about the internet on the news--the media seldom mentions all the great benefits like this. You have such a special DH, too. I can see why finding this book and realizing how much it will change your life can make you emotional.

Bluet, that was such a sweet story about the baby saying "bumpa." I loved it! So glad they were good about getting ready for school. Glad you didn't have a power outage at your house with all those kids there.

Dad has to go to the dermatologist to get the skin cancer removed. The doctor didn't seem to be concerned, although I guess it's close to the radial artery so it's better for a specialist to do it rather than the regular doctor. Thanks for the prayers. I'm thankful that it's not as bad as it could be. I made the doctor check Dad out for other skin cancers just to make sure. You'd think they'd do that routinely (my doctor in Boise did), especially for an older person who has had it before.

Have a good weekend everyone! Looks like we need a new thread soon.