Old 08-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ***Hello there Gals!!!!***

Well Hello there everyone!
How wonderful to see you all again... I started getting notices in my e-mail that this thread was alive again... yeah Seeing all of you lovely ladies posting again I just HAD to pop in and say Hi!!

*SHEILA*
What a lovely picture of you!!!! I always enjoy seeing pics!
What a Beautiful woman you are!!

*BLUET*
You too, Bonnie!!!! Loved your picture!! I am so very sorry that I never wrote you back after you sent that lovely e-mail with your picture, but I lost most all my e-mail addresses and had to begin again and your's was one of many that I didn't have printed up and saved, so I wasn't able to write you back Maybe you could send me a PM or another e-mail so I could have it again if you don't mind I felt so badly that I lost touch with you...

*PUSS*
How are those two precious kitties of yours doing? Do you still have them? Have any pictures It is so good to see you and the others again! I missed you all so much!!! I really did!

*ANGEL*
So good to see you again too!!!! How was your vacation?

*~*~*

I have allot of catching up to do in reading your posts --- I just skimmed through and wanted to get in a post to say hello. I have a new pic of me in my profile taken in June I will be back as soon as I am able... Love you gals!

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-18-2004 at 04:11 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #62  

SunnyD,

I was just thinking this morning, wouldn't it be nice if SunnyD came back to the fold again, but thought oh, that's an outside chance, she is so busy. Well, I signed on to my e-mail box and what did I see, but a post from SunnyD, well the old water works started up again. How very nice to hear from you again, I sure missed you.

Bluet hmmmmmm, where's our Charlotte today?
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #63  

Glad I got some rest last week. This week doesn't look hopeful. Monday was veeerrrrrryyy llllooooooooonnnngggg!! Then Tuesday, I spent 4 hrs in the Drs office. NOT the waiting area, so I could read a magazine....but, back with the dr & nurses. I go each 3 mos. for a check up with my general Dr. He takes advantage of having me there, to check everything out. Just WEARS me out! Last night I never did go to sleep. Spent all night at the computer. So....of course, felt terrible today. I've noticed a pattern of insomnia about a week before my Remicade treatment. I go Tuesday (24th). Anyway, had to take step-dad to DR at 8:30 AM this morning....almost 3 hrs. Rushed home to put in a load of clothes....choke down some crackers & water, (I've gained 10 lbs!!!!!!), then rush to work. I don't feel good....I need a vacation!

Hello SunnyD....so glad to hear from you.

Bluet....girl, you really got something started back, here!

Hello Fatpuss...So good to hear from you....& yes...I like to see the cat jumping too!

Hi Sheila!!...hope all is well with you. Did you get your yard finished? Maybe you could post more pics for us.

Soooo tired! Hope all have a good eveni
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:18 AM   #64  

Smile ****Goooood Morning!****

A very Good Morning Ladies!
When I got up this morning... noooo, what I should say is... "when I dragged myself out of bed this morning" I sat on the livingroom floor to play with my kitty, Zeppe, and cramped the whole right side of my back and shoulder muscles! Ouch!!! When am I gonna learn to I am getting too old for the floor!!! Dummy me!

I want to share with you gals about this past weekend, hope you don't mind ~ What a beautiful day Joe & I had Sunday (8-15) at the car show ~ great weather, visiting friends & making new ones looking at cars!! Joe & I went to church; then had breakfast with our friends and her family from out of town; then we came home for a bit to change clothes and off we went to the car show. I saw a 1958 Chevy Impala Convertible that I would have given my eye teeth for!!!!!!! !!!!!! And didn't I forget my camera!!!! Bummer!!! What a beautiful car!! It was Aqua too --- awesome car! I don't think I ever wanted something so much in all my life --- I have always desired one ever since I can remember. I asked him what the sale price would be IF he were to sell it and he hesitantly said (cuz his was not for sale) around $60,000.00 (ohhh-k, I'll just run to the bank and be right back - ). This morning I spent some time on the net to do some searching and that's what they are going for! The one I really liked on the net that was a 1957 Bel Air Convertible went for $90,000.00! ! I couldn't even find his car (from the show) on the net --- havta keep searching. I have always looked for a 1957 (the year I was born), but I would settle for a '58! ! I have heard that that car is rare because around Ohio cuz they rusted out like crazy so there are very few still left around these parts. One day I will have one (N T!)... ... only in my dreams I just Loved the car show!!!! For about 3 hours I actually had forgotten how ill I had been feeling and felt like a kid again!! What I wouldn't give to be one of the owners in a Car Show ~ I would have the best time chatting with all the people who come to them. I come so alive when I am there, like I do in an amusement park (Disney). I am just a big kid at heart

*The Sleep Study for my hubby Joe*
We got home from the car show at around 3:30 Sunday (8-15) and I made pasta and salad for dinner and then Joe left for his study. Boy, did I miss him!!! I slept terrible (!!), if at all, not use to Joe being gone... he left at 8:15 and he said that by the time they finished plugging him in with all the censors it was 10:20. He didn't have any problems sleeping but he did say when he went to turn a couple times to his side he could feel the stuff behind his ears and on his head. He got home at around 6:00 Monday morning and we won't know the results for 7 - 10 days --- they are sending the information to his Dr & his Dr. will let him know the results. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. It took him forever to get the goop off his skin --- he finally caved in and used goo-gone and it worked great. What a mess!

And I haven't felt well for quite awhile now (extremely fatigued for months now!) & I finally went to a Dr. on Friday and guess what I was told! You are not gonna believe this! But I was told that I am exercising too much!!!! Can you believe that! ! I am not giving myself enough time to recoup in between exercise sessions. That's why I wasn't dropping weight and was hurting so much (intestinal spasms got real bad & muscle swelling). The exercise was making the spasms worse and I was bloating up and also not sleeping well at night from the discomfort, therefore not getting the rest needed. So to say the least I am having to change my walking goals to around 30-35 miles for the month as long as I am doing Curves 3x a week. In just the time I took over the weekend resting, just doing normal activities, I have dropped a pound and am now down to 193 (189 here I come!). I just need more rest and plenty of water... I was not drinking enough either for all I was putting out in exercise. I am not doing nearly what others do for exercise and thought I needed to do more and it was the wrong thing for me to do... it was too much for my body. So I have learned a big lesson and am glad I went to my Dr. I cannot believe how much better I am feeling. I will still exercise 4 - 5x a week, but I must go slower and longer and not go faster in walking (no more jogging for me ) and I will still go to Curves 3x a week.

*~*~*

How's the weather for all you folks been??? Anyone have friends or family in Florida?? My heart is so sad for all those people that have lost so much I just could not imagine it. And then there were the floods in England - washing people, homes and cars away - unbelievable! !

*PUSS*
I am so glad that nothing has happened to you & your family! I pray for your continued safety!!

We have been so blessed (I thank the Lord!) when it comes to our weather... we have had allot of rain but not devastating weather. Today it is raining, but it was beautiful up till now - I cannot complain - I have my home unlike many. I lift them all up to our Father in heaven that they all may be helped and no one is forgotten.

*~*~*

Hi *ANGEL* & *BONNIE*
I have missed you ~ALL~ so much!!!
It is good to see you again

Bonnie ~ You just make my heart happy
You are such a sweet & kind person!

Angel ~ You will lose those 10 lbs in no time with the schedule you have! !
I don't know how you do it!!!

*God Bless You and Have a Wonderful Day*
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

AuGuSt GoAlS: 30-35 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 17.0

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 7 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-19-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #65  

Good Morning Everyone,

I am so happy to see all of you. We are some really cool ladies, aren't we!

Well, the tropical stuff is gone and the sun is shinning and the temps are cool. Looks like Fall here we come in good old Wisconsin.

Sheila, I worked until 10:00 p.m. last night trying to put four wedding pictures on a post, from DD and DS's weddings, but I screwed it up. I'll give it another try tonight.

Charlotte, gee I wish you felt better. At least you can get some relief from your treatments. You can always count on us to be concerned about you and know we care.

Puss, How are your doing today, I would imagine you are probably getting ready to head home from work, where by we have just gotten a couple of hours into our work day.

SunnyD, thank you, you are such a sweet person, . When Dh and I were married we owned a 1962 Chevy Impala Coup white over silver blue. We still have it stored in the barn. When DH retires he plans to restore it. When we were first married DH worked for a local garage as a body shop man and restored cars. If we ever get it restored, you will be the first person to get a picture of it, or better yet, when we both retire and the car is restored, we will drive it to Ohio some weekend and let you drive it around for awhile.

Have a good day everyone.

Bluet
Old 08-19-2004, 06:45 PM   #66  

It's great to see this site busy again! SunnyD you take it easy on the exercise front, my dear, don't want you getting ill again. The car show sounds good though I have never heard of a Chevy Impala or a Bel AIr. Your DHs sleep trial sounds facinating - I would love to go for one to see on a video if DH is telling the truth about my wriggling and starfishing and sleep talking. No wonder I feel exhausted when I wake up! Angel, I believe you when you say in jest that you need a holiday - that's how I often feel after a holiday. You sound like you are rushing around a lot again. Don't worry about the 10lb, it will sort itself out again.Sheila, my DD never mentioned the weather in the states - apart from the heat in Vegas. Remember we live on a small island where the climate can be sunny in the 80s one day and cold and stormy the next. No such thing as packing warm clothes away for the summer here, ha ha. I did see Love Actually and remember the nerd who managed to get lovely US girls on the basis of his accent alone. So funny. I actually like the US accents from the street-wise NY type to the laid back drawl of the South. Every time I look at your gorgeous little GD I come over all grandmotherly and want to kiss her to bits, she is just one adorable little girl. Bluet we have had some lou lous of thunderstorms lately too but I love them. The kittens don't like them though. How good a grandma are you taking the GKs for your daughter's day off. Bet they have tons of fun with you. As for no bodice rippers...well, I am surprised at you. Have you tried 'The Other Bolyn Girl' by Phillippa Gregory? Lots of goings on with mucky old King Henry V111.
Fatpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, SunnyD, how wonderful to see you here! Your profile photo is wonderful--you're so darned cute! You look so happy in that pic. Ouch on the foot cramping! Your tale reminds me of my mother's friend who, at the age of 45, was so cheerful one bright sunny morning that she jumped off the porch to get the paper, and ended up in a cast for her broken ankle.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. $90,000 for a car? I didn't even pay that for my first two houses. I like looking at those old cars, too. A friend of mine had some sort of 1970s Chevy that he drove back east to sell because older cars are rare there because of the rust. He got a great price for it, too--well worth the trip. I'm glad you got to the bottom of your tired feelings. I've heard it is important to let the body rest, especially with weight lifting. Congrats on the excellent weight loss!

Charlotte, what an ordeal at the doctor's office. That even sounds exhausting so I can just imagine how it felt. Hey, how is your son doing? And the grandkids?

Oh, darn, Bluet, I would have loved to have seen them. I hope you can get them to post tonight. It can be a touch complicated because of the size requirements.

I don't know if I mentioned on this board that my Dad was diagnosed with some dementia related to Alzheimer's. He's now on Arricept, which is supposed to help his memory problems, and a drug that is supposed to help with the paranoia. I thought it might be working, but he was really off yesterday. He wanted to know what unkind thing the person who was at our house the night before said about him. We were stunned because there was no person at our house the night before. We had to take him through the events of the evening step by step. My DH told him that maybe he had a vivid dream that he was remembering. That seemed to calm him a little, but I think he was a little shaken. He was a lot better this morning, thank goodness.

So who is watching the Olympics? That whole gymnastics thing last night was incredible, and it was wonderful watching the 17-year old women's freestyle record being broken. I did, however, feel pretty bad for the Korean gymnasts. They gave solid performances and really thought they'd go gold and silver.

Another sunny and warm day here. I feel like a broken record. We are supposed to get rain this weekend. My plants will enjoy that. I will try to get another photo of the front yard, although some of the crispy plants don't look very attractive.

Coming back to say hi to Fatpuss! Looks like we posted about the same time.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #68  

Bluet said she couldn't get in--hopefully others aren't having that trouble.

Well, I thought I'd share yesterday's "exciting" afternoon. My Dad, who usually gets home from his rounds about 3:30, usually no later than 4:00, wasn't home by 5:00 pm and I was starting to worry. The other time he had done this, I called the police, but they couldn't do anything because Dad is an adult and not missing that long so there wasn't anything I could do (he got lost, but finally made it home). At 5:30 pm, I got a call from him, and he's in the Emergency Room at a nearby hospital. I only got that he'd fallen and he wanted me to check on his car and then come to the hospital. I went to where his car was and found out from the business owner that my Dad had started up the steps of this beauty salon (thinking it was his regular barber--that was disturbing enough to realize he couldn't find his longtime barbershop) and had fallen backward. The woman went down to help him and discovered blood on the back of his head so she called 911. Although he didn't want to go to the ER, the medics took him there. He had a couple of stitches on the back of his head from what they said was a deep wound, and then some stitches in his elbow. This morning he said his "sitter" wasn't feeling that great either so he might have bruised his tailbone. He had blood all the way down the back of his shirt--pretty gross. They X-rayed his elbow and scanned his head, but everything is okay. He goes to the doctor on Monday to get the wounds checked out. Given that he's diabetic, he doesn't heal as fast as others.

All this happened about 1:30 pm he said, and the hospital didn't even call me. He didn't realize he could request the hospital to call. I'm wondering if I can have a note placed in his computer files saying that if he shows up at the ER to call me. I think with the health laws, if I call the ER they won't tell me anything, although maybe they have to tell me if he's there.

Anyway, now he's got a scar on the back of his head to match the ones on the front of his head from where he fell last year. *Sigh*

Is everyone thankful it's Friday??
Old 08-20-2004, 05:06 PM   #69  

Hi Everyone,

Lost a whole post this morning. I said oh peanut butter and smiled...NOT, was having trouble getting the site to open up, but Sheila said everything seemed to be ok.

All right I give up how do I get to see SunnyD's picture in her profile? I really need someone to hold my hand when it comes to computers, as you all have probably guessed.

Did you all get my private e-mail this morning? What a mess, right? I promise I will have DS, come out and spend some time with me teaching me how to post pictures after the grandkids leave. Also, I am having a problem with the sound on computer at home. One day it just quit. Don't know what to make of that.

Sheila very sorry to hear about Dad. When one thinks of what they have ahead of them down the road it makes one sad doesn't it. I don't look forward to that, actually afraid of it.

Charlotte, how are you today. hope your feeling o.k. How is your son getting along and his daughters? Are you moving forward on your house rennovation?

Puss, You mentioned that book to me once before, I planned on getting it from the library today, but when I checked on line it is checked out, both copies. I will take time to read it though. I regret that I did not take the time to drive to Chicago and meet your daughter at the air terminal when she stopped over in Chicago. It is only a 3 hour drive on good roads for me. Chicago traffic is a nightmare though.

SunnyD, hope you are cutting back on that exercise routine, you are still walking a lot of miles. Your body will always let you know by protesting. I know you will have a good weekend, you are very positive about things.

Well, I have to get ready to end the work day and go pick up the baby at daycare. She is really going to miss her Mommy.

Have a good Friday evening everybody.

Bluet

Happiness is the sense that one matters. Sarah Timmer
Old 08-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #70  

Sheila, yes I for one am glad it is Friday. Office Bully out did himself today, no one went near him.

Bluet
Old 08-20-2004, 06:14 PM   #71  

Smile

Hi *BLUET * PUSS & SHEILA*

I have taken the last two days off (Wed & Thurs) from both walking and Curves. Today I put in 2 miles. I plan to go back into my regular routine of Curves 3x a week and walking at least 2 miles a day depending on how I am feeling now that I know what to watch for. I miss exercising, but needed to take that break. The spasms began again after I walked today, but when I took the hot shower afterwards they calmed again and now I feel fine. I guess it is just something I will have to learn to cope with - especially since I don't want to take muscle relaxers which have been offered to me. No meds if I can help it... I will if it becomes unbearable, but I am not there yet

*~*~*

Bluet ~ Never ever thought a Dr. would tell me that I was exercising too much But I seem to fatigue very easily and have spasms much too often. I get eye twitches all the time too - Dr. said fatigue! So I must make sure to get a good nights rest (in bed by 9:30!) so that I am able to do my workouts daily and reg. activities too. I am prone to spasms everywhere... I have had them in my legs, eyes, muscles in my arms - weird. I am taking potassium and magnesium which is suppose to help - never mind the fruit I eat. He said I am just very sensitive and must take care to get the proper rest. I also think it's from all the surgeries I have had in my abdomen (3 all together). It has to play havoc on the intestines & body after being in there so much, don't you think? It's catching up with me more and more as I get older. So I must take care, exercise and eat well now for later in my life I am afraid to go too long before getting back into exercise again, you know. Then I get concerned that I will go into my old habit of not doing anything Also, I find my spirits were getting low from not exercising, so I have to do something... just not at a fast pace. I walked at 2.5 speed on the T-Mill this morning, but wanted so much to kick it up! It seems to take forever at that speed. But if I don't want the health issues I must obey the slower and longer rule (yuk!) On the bright side - I read that it burns more fat that way (I hope! I hope!)

Still no word about Joe's Sleep Study. He is sleeping and looking so much better & his BP is good now that he sleeps on his side, so they may not have to do anything for him. I just want to know that his heart is okay, and I think that if anything showed up they would have called by now - don't you? So I am taking it as a good sign that they haven't called yet.

Awesome that you two own a 1962 Chevy Impala Coup! I saw a red one on Sunday and they are soooo cute!!! You are so lucky! Those cars are worth about $25,000.00 ready to drive and show. I think it's so cool that hubby is planning on restoring it after he retires... I'd love a picture when it's finished Wouldn't that be so neat if we met one day at a car rally You just never know!!!!

Sheila ~ Joe took that picture of me this past June after I got over 5" taken off my hair and had it colored.

It was my shoulder that cramped up I just sat on the floor to play with my kitty and it cramped up - crazy! I walked around all day with that darn cramp --- "I had such a crook in the neck!" All better today I think that I am in denial of some of my limitations as I age...

I am so very sorry to hear of your DD's diagnoses... it may take his body a bit of time to get the meds into his system... no? Oh my goodness, Sheila!!! He would worry me to death... will you need to take his keys away from him now? I know it will be hard to do, but it may have to be. And what's up that the hospital never calling you!!!??? I bet a request could be made for a phone call to you... we use to get them for my father-in-law. You sure do have your hands full

PUSS ~ It's so good to see you too
Do you have some pictures of those lovely kittens of yours? Sure would love to see

Here is a small picture of a 1955 Bel Air:

and here is a 1957 Convertible (the year I was born):

*~*~*

Have a nice weekend gals if I don't get back here till Monday...
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

AuGuSt GoAlS: 30-35 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 19.0

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 7 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 08-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #72  

Red face Bluet?

No... Bluet ~
I did not get an e-mail or PM from you today

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-20-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:17 PM   #73  

Hi, all--

Hope the weekend is going well for everyone. I'm glad my DH mowed the weeds yesterday because it's raining to beat heck today, and it's supposed to stay that way all week. That's okay because my plants really need it.

SunnyD, I hope you get the sleep study results soon. I'm glad Joe is sleeping better, and I hope something as simple as sleeping on his side will help. Like you, I think they would have called if something was wrong.

Wow, five inches off your hair. It looks so good like that. Did you donate your hair to Locks of Love? I read a story recently about a boy who grew out his hair, and endured lots of taunts, so he could donate it to Locks of Love. What a determined kid!

Since my Dad's driving is okay, there really is no way I can take his license away unless a doctor insists. Poor guy--he was feeling okay the day of the accident, but his elbow and his rear end have really started to bother him. I hesitate to fill the prescription for vicodin, though. I'd have for him to get woozy and fall down.

Nothing much going on here. Did my water aerobics yesterday, and then did the laundry and watched the Olympics. I love watching track and field. My daughter was on the track team at her middle and high schools and we went to every meet. I found it refreshing that the young woman who won silver was just so excited that she'd won a medal. It was a cool story about how people helped get her family over to Athens, even her seriously ill father.

Now for a relaxing Sunday. .
Old 08-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note, grandkids are really missing their Mom and Dad. Baby is not napping well for me. See how it goes tomorrow at day care for her.

Talk to you all tomorrow when I am at work.

Bluet
Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #75  

Good Morning All,

Loooong weekend. We all survived though. Grandson who will be 8 next month seem to miss his parents the most. Had a few trying moments with him on Sunday, but he mellowed out after awhile. Just needed some special attention.

I was seven minutes late for work this morning, only because I stopped at the coffe shop for some decafe after dropping the kids at day care. So we were able to get it together this morning. That was one of my biggest fears, staying on schedule in the morning and getting all of us where we needed to be on time

Watched some olympics this weekend, also got to watch one program on the BBC, otherwise it was all, Rugrats, Kimpossible, etc. My ears were just ringing.

The BBC program that I watched was Ground Force, I saw only the last half of it, but I just loved what they did. They built a garden to look like a castle ruin on a hillside. If someone would do that for me, I would bawl my eyes out.

Well hope you all have a good Monday.

Bluet