Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #76  

Hello to all. Hope everyone is doing well and hope everyone can make it in to post this week!

Cyan..Lemon Pie? Next time you're faced with temptation...just stare it in the face and say...NO!!!! However, I can understand how tough it must be when you're not the only one in the household and can't control what food comes in and what doesn't. With a little extra exercise today, you'll be fine!

I've been doing very well on plan. Today is day three. I want to post what my starting weight on Monday was as well as my measurements so that I can share my success as it comes.

Weight: 204.5
Old 08-04-2004, 02:15 PM   #77  

Default oops

okay..measurements:

Chest: 44.5
Waist: 44.5
Hips: 50.5
Left thigh: 25.25
Upper arm: 15

Holy cow...I'm huge!

Lisa
Old 08-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #78  

Okay, girls...where is everyone!!!

Just wanted to say hello!

Miki, I enjoyed chatting with you yesterday. You hang in there!!!

Cyan, I very much enjoyed our conversation and I still get the giggles when I think about it.....you bad girl you!

Okay...hope to hear from the rest of you soon!!!!!

Lisa
Old 08-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #79  
I will make it!

Whats a girl gotta do...Lisa...ya know LOL

I enjoyed chatting with you too...thanks for helping my work day go by quicker.

I ate the rest of the lemon pie yesterday evening...its all gone now...no more temptation..so its back to my intense weightloss plan for the rest of the month.

Remember our challenge Lisa...I am holding you to it.

Meal Plan for today
Breakfast: special k cereal with skim milk and cherries
lunch: salmon cakes and mexican rice
dinner: chicken enchilladas with mole sauce (not having the rice)
snacks: yogurt
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: walked to work..will walk home and pilates

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 08-06-2004, 10:27 AM   #80  

Hello Hello Hello!!!!

Well, it's Friday and I weighed myself and I went from 204.5 on Monday to 198.5 today!!!! I lost 6 pounds!!!!!! Yippee!!

So, Cyan, I'm goona meet that challenge!!! NO PROBLEM!!!!!!

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon!!!!

Lisa
Old 08-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #81  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa

You are totally inspiring me to keep trying...you totally rock...you are on fire and you are shrinking wooohoooo

I was going to have two salami sandwhichs on whole wheat but after reading our post..I gave those sandwiches away to my coworker and got myself a smoked salmon salad with grilled vegetables...thanks for encouraging me to make a better lunch choice

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: two whole wheat slices with kraft cheese and peanut butter
lunch: smoked salmon plate
dinner: salmon patties with green side salad
snacks: yogurt and one piece of fruit

looks like its a salmony day for me LOL

I walked to work and now thanks to Lisa I am inspired to walk on home...Have a great weekend and I will let you know if I lost any weight this week when I jump on the scale sunday morning

Cyan
Old 08-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #82  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone--Lisa, you're doing great! I wish I had your motivation. Cyan, I wish I had the pick-me-up after a fall you've got. I'm still struggling with the whole food/exercise process. I am feeling extremely lazy in every way. I really don't want to gain the weight I lost back. I've started going to teacher workshops, and I go back to work for real next week. Maybe having a more structured routine will help me. Though I get stressed, I think I thrive more being busy--also more physically active. Well, I really don't have anything to talk about. Take care, everybody. Bye for now.

Last edited by newinspiration; 08-09-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #83  

Default Monday Monday

Hello ladies.

Well, it's the start of another week. *sigh*

Today I am 197.5. A week ago I was 204.5. 7 pounds!! I will weigh again on Friday. Last night, we had Sunday Dinner at my in-laws as usual. My mother-in-law makes the best food. On the menu was smoked ribs, potato salad, baked beans, homemade rolls, and I brought a green salad. For dessert she had a peach pie, an apple pie, and a pecan pie. The pecan pie looked sooooo good. I caught myself trying to rationalize having a piece of it, but I resisted the temptation....and today...life goes on. The world didn't end because I didn't eat pecan pie...and I didn't die.

Newie, sounds like it's back to work for you. I'm excited for my kids to go back to school. I enrolled them last Friday. What grade do you teach?

Cyan, hope you're doing well and are ready for a great week! Don't forget our challenge!!!!

Lisa
Old 08-09-2004, 10:23 AM   #84  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies

Well I managed to lose .5 of a pound last week down to 162 pounds ..I am not complaining..I will take it.

Hey Lisa congrats on not caving in at your mother inlaws...I know how hard it is in a social situation to resist delicious food...No I have not forgotten our challenge...I have 7 pound left to lose this month..being that I have lost .5 of my 7.5 pound goal.

I went mountain hiking yesterday and I am soooo sore...my butt, legs and calves are hurting and so are my arms. I had a descent breakfast yesterday..two peanut butter sandwichs on whole wheat with a tangerine...dinner was Burger Kink...yep..whopper with small fries and root beer and apple pie...I totalled 1885 calories yesterday but I worked of 750 calories on the hike ...so its all good. I hope LOL

I walked in to work this morning and I will walk on home tonight.

Meal Plan for today
Breakfast: special K with skim milk and granny smith apple
lunch: ham and swiss cheese on portuguese roll
dinner: leftover ribs with coleslaw
snacks: grapes and cherries

exercise: walked to work and will walk home

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 08-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #85  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, girls--I'm doing a lot of computer work, so it was easy to check to see what's going on. I had some kind of physical miracle--I lost 3 pounds--back to 158! Actually I am wondering if I have been retaining a lot of fluid lately. You know, I'm working my way through that menopause thing, and I haven't had my period since June--not pregnant--and I've just had PMS symptoms coming and going--down to the crabbiness, sore breasts, and headaches I get--even a little spotting, I think--last week, but no period. And I know I wasn't eating that much, and it seemed like I was gaining a pound every day. I did make two changes to my food plan--I bought low carb breakfast cereal--called Carb Well by Post--very crunchy, tastes pretty good too. I need crunch. I also bought low carb wheat bread by Sara Lee. It has more body than some of the other low carb breads I've tried. Also, I know I need to keep my protein consumption up. In the last two weeks I've had a couple of episodes after eating carbs but no protein for breakfast that I was feeling very shaky and weak and needed food. That speaks of the benefit of low carb for me, without any weight loss around. Oh, well--I'll keep on truckin'! To answer your question, Lisa, I teach 5th grade--all subjects except music, gym, and science--and 4th grade Social Studies. The 4th grade teacher teaches 5th grade science. I too am ready to trade my own kids in for my class. My two girls are fighting almost constantly. One day last week I made them stay upstairs--they have a suite of rooms, including a bath--for several hours after lunch--I just couldn't take it anymore. I wish I could send them outside for all day, but this is the city--I'd have to watch them every few minutes, and my younger one is so fair that she'd burn up in no time. Well, I'm off to other places. See you later.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #86  

Default Where is everyone??

Hey ladies. Good morning to you. It's Tuesday! I survived my Monday! It was hectic! But I lost half a pound through it all. It was school clothes shopping day and checkups at the dr's office. After it all we went out for ice cream at Braums. I got some of their low carb butter pecan ice cream and I know I had more than a serving...so I didn't expect to lose and I thought I might possibly gain weight. So, I am very pleased to have lost half a pound.

I am wondering where everyone is. Cjunk, Miki, Reina, Debee, I'm missing you all!!!

Cyan, and Newie, hope to hear from you soon!

Lisa
Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #87  
I will make it!

Default I second that

Where is everybody...its like a group of three in here

Anyway, congrats Lisa on dropping one more pound...you are on a losing roll...woohoo

I was super hungry yesterday..so I had my lunch at 10.30 am and by one, I went out and bought sushi ..so I had two lunches.

I did walk to work and home last night. I bused it in this morning...the DOMS..delayed onset muscle soreness is killing me..I seem to be getting stiffer my the day. But I think I will walk home tonight. If not, I will cycle or do pilates..some kind of exercise.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: raisin bread with cream cheese and cherries
lunch: ham and cheese sandwich with yogurt
dinner: minute steak with carrots
snacks: grapes and maybe sorbet

Have a super duper day

Cyan
Old 08-10-2004, 09:01 PM   #88  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, girls--I'm missing everyone else too, though I am having fun talking with both of you, Lisa and Cyan. Well, shock of shocks--I lost another pound this morning. I really don't get it. I have been trying to be very balanced and be careful of my portions and carbs, and notice my hunger. Also, I think taking metamucil is helping me eat less, because I don't feel the need to load up on fiber-filled (read that "carb-filled") flour items. I did get on the wrong foot today though. I went to this teachers' workshop where breakfast was to be served--continental, but I'm trying moderation in everything and am not eliminating anything except potato chips and snack crackers because I simply have no control with those--love that crunch and salt! Anyway, because breakfast was to be served, I ate very little before leaving home, and when I got to this 9:00 workshop, there was only coffee and water!!!!! I was absolutely starving!! Finally at 10:30 they brought out some coffeecake, and I had two pieces--not bad except that the trend of not getting to eat kept up. When I got home at 12:30, my mother-in-law called immediately, and I no sooner got off the phone with her than my mother called me. By the time I got off the phone, it was 1:40, and I was starving again. I ate a roast beef and cheese sandwich on low-carb bread, but then I had about 7 water crackers and two cookies--I should have waited 20 minutes for my brain to register fullness, but I didn't. I ate a reasonable dinner, but I wasn't really hungry for it, which means I'm overfull now, and I hate that feeling. Anyway, I'll keep on plugging. I've got another workshop tomorrow. This one involves driving 2 hours one way!!!--I'll leave about 6:15 a.m. because the workshop starts at 8:30 a.m. and goes till 3 p.m. When I get home--around 5 p.m.--I have to take my mother-in-law to a wake, and then go over to the bingo hall for the rest of the evening. For sure, I am taking a snack with me to the workshop, just in case the breakfast/lunch they are supposed to serve isn't everything I am expecting, and I'll make sure I eat at the bingo hall. I really don't want to be starving again. That does me in every time. Well, I've got to go over to the map site to find a map to tell me how to get to my workshop tomorrow. I know generally where I am going--my brother used to live in the same town--I just don't know the exact location. See you all later.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #89  

Newie, sounds like you are busy once again. I know exactly what you mean about being told there will be breakfast served and then find there is only snack food. One time I stayed in a hotel where they claimed they had a continental breakfast and I woke up to find coffee (which I don't drink...I'm a MORMON!), and hard little jelly douhnuts. It was horrible..I was frustrated but had no time as I had to be at the airport. I think I made a stop at Cinnabun then...not much better, but I was not dieting then...I was on VACATION!!! LOL

Cyan, I didn't notice a journal entry for you yet this morning and you usually beat me to it. I hope you are okay and that your muscle soreness is getting better.

Well, how about some motivation!?

We all know how special we are as individuals. We are strong, smart ladies. We are too strong to let a little thing like FOOD control us. So get a different mindset. We are in charge of our life. We control how we feel. If you're feeling weak today...go for a power walk, find a quote or scripture that givew you strength. TAKE CONTROL!!! We control how we look. No one else put that food in our mouth. No one else waved a wand and made us put on the extra pounds! We did it. We can undo it! If you feel unattatractive today...put on some silky undergarments, go buy a new outfit, get your nails done...get a pedicure. Ladies, we have POWER beyond what we can imagine. We can make things happen! Have a great day and remember, "The worth of a soul is great in the sight of the Lord,"

MAKE IT HAPPEN....MAKE IT HAPPEN TODAY!

LISA
Old 08-11-2004, 01:43 PM   #90  
I will make it!

Woo hoo Lisa...thanks for your motivational post. You are right my friend. Thanks for taking the lead and pointing us in the right direction. I had a pretty shitty day yesterday ... With Mom stuff as you already know. I was also physically tired and feeling sick...just under the weather...looks like I may be coming down with a cold or something.

Anyway, I walked into work this morning and my muscle soreness is almost gone ...way more tolerable than yesterday..it was very hard to concentrate on anything yesterday.

So I am on track to lose 7 pounds this month..I look forward to meeting our challenge

have a super duper day

Cyan
Closed Thread