Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #31  
I will make it!

Hi Ladies I am back from my new york trip...and boy was it lots of fun...I walked so much that my feet are shot...full of painful blisters and generally aching all over. I think I walked approx 10 hours the first day, and about 6 hours thursday friday saturday and 4 hours or so on sunday!! But I also ate lots of delicious restaurant food and Burger Kink at the airport..so I didnt lose any weight and the scale said I was up 4 pounds to 167!!! ACK but I think its because I am a retaining water..so we will see what is up with that in a few days time once I am back to normal.

Have a great day ladies

Cyan
Old 06-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #32  

Hey girls. Cyan, I'm glad you had a good trip and was able to get away for a while. I hope your feet are doing better! That happened to me when hubby and I went to Mexico City and then one day while walking back to our hotel, one of the blisters popped!! It was so painful and so I had to ask at the desk for a bandaid...in spanish. CURIDO...I'll never forget.

Well, I've been doing low carb now for...well...this is day 3. I was actually up 1/2 pound today which is frustrating. I guess I'll have to cut the carbs a little more. I'm apprehensive about cutting them too much since I'm breastfeeding, but I'll just play it by ear.

The little baby is not so little anymore. He was over 13lbs on his 6 week checkup! He's 8 weeks old today! Time goes by so fast!

Well, I hope all is going well for you girls this summer. We were out of town this past weekend and will be out of town this weekend also for fourth of July.

See ya'll later!

Lisa
Old 06-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #33  
I will make it!

Hey Girls

Hi Lisa...good to hear that your little fella is growing and doing well...give him a little hug and kiss for me.

I gained 7 pounds when I weighed in on sunday..the next day I was down 3 pounds and then the next day 1 more pound to 166...so I am hoping to be back down to 163 in a few more days once I debloat and my feet feel better.

later ladies

Cyan
Old 06-30-2004, 07:17 AM   #34  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, girls! Well, here I am. I'm using this summer to catch up on things that I've neglected for ages, to spend time with my girls, to just be lazy and do what I want, and to get ready for the new school year. It feels so good! How does food fit into the equation? Well, I go back and forth on the subject. I really don't want to do anything that makes me feel sad or deprived or nasty or guilty. I'd like to lose a few pounds this summer--8 would be great, 3 would be good, not to gain is a given!! At the same time, I don't want to suffer. I'm experimenting with different approaches. I really have to feel good about it. I tried a modified low carb approach last week, with some bread, etc., but I was feeling deprived and wanted to eat certain things I had cut out. Now I'm trying eating whatever I want to eat, except in small portions, and paying attention to how my stomach feels--full, empty, etc. We'll see how it goes.

Cyan, I'm glad you had a good time on your trip to NY. I've had that experience with gaining on a vacation too. It seems that eating different types of food than we're used to really causes a bloat attack. I'm not sure how much of it is actually real fat, and how much is just water from all the extra salt, sugar, etc. one eats on a holiday.

Lisa--how fast these babies grow! Lucky you to be able to breastfeed. I never had enough milk for my girls--I don't know if I didn't drink enough liquid (I ate plenty!), or if my girls--each around 9 pounds at birth--just wanted more than I had. Just take care of yourself and baby as you try to take off the extra poundage. I know it's not an easy thing to do.

How's everyone else out there? I hope all is well with everyone. Well, I'm going to go. I'm looking at some used children's books on e-Bay--trying to build a classroom library. So far I have 40 books--all free through school book clubs--but 40 books won't go far with 25-30 kids. Bye for now.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #35  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies

I weighed in this morning and I am at 165...I sure do hope to see 163 by this weekend...my clotes still fit the same so I am hoping I am still holding on to excess baggage.

Hey Newie..good to hear that you are spending some time with your kids and with yourself..how important it is to do that. Let us know how your diet is coming along in terms of tweeking it.

Meal Plan for today
Breakfast: fried egg with pam...kraft cheese slice with chili sauce on whole wheat
lunch: chickpea salad with shrimp and onions and olive oil and vinegar
dinner: broiled chicken breast with bell peppers
snacks: pinapple juice, cherries, yogurt
beverages: water, tea, coffee and diet cola

Exercise: cycling for 20 minutes
Old 06-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #36  

Hey girls!

Newie, sounds like you have great plans for your summer. I, too, am trying to take extra time with my kids. I have been trying to spend time reading and such with my 6 (almost 7) year old daughter who is supposed to be going into 2nd grade but still isn't reading very well. We are thinking she might be dyslexic...(did I spell that right?) Anyway, she sometimes writes things backwards...from right to left instead of left to right and all the letters are backwards as well. It's very strange..but then she can do it right the next time and not tell the difference between the two words. She just recently did this with her name this past weekend. Very strange. As for feeling deprived on a low carb diet, this is common in the first week because our bodies are detoxing from the sugar we're used to eating..so you'll have cravings. I find that if I just have some alternatives to snack on, it helps. Like pecans, pepperoni, cottage cheese, cheese slices, salad...etc. After a week or so, you won't have the other cravings and you'll actually not be very hungry. The hardest part is getting started. I'm on my 4th day and I've finally lost 2.5 pounds! Yeah!!!

Cyan, you'll see 163 before you know it. You are so good and disciplined! I hope all is going well for you and your parents. Also...haven't heard how that car of yours is doing. Is it still awesome??

Hope the rest of you are doing good!!

Lisa
Old 07-01-2004, 09:24 AM   #37  
I will make it!

Hey Girls...Happy Canada Day

Lisa...Yes the SilverBeega is still doing fine...she is going in for her oil change next wednesday morning.

I think I am holding on to some water weight...my scale is all over...from 169 to 165 depending when I weigh myself..so I an thinking I probably gained two pounds and the rest is just water. I am getting closer to getting my period so who knows but my clothes still fit the same.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter on whole wheat with apple juice
lunch: whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce
dinner: broiled chicken breast with peppers and carrots
snacks: dont know yet
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: walked to work and will be walking home, pilates and cycling

I gotta get back to 163 pronto

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 07-01-2004, 12:49 PM   #38  

Well, I'm down another 1/2 pound. 3 down, another 57 to go. I'm giving myself one year to get down to 138. However, I would like to lose 20 lbs by August 23, another 20 by Thanksgiving and then till the summer to get off the last 20 pounds. I can do it! I have finally gotten settled into the low carb lifestyle once again, so I'm excited because I know the weight will start dropping.

Well, got to go. Baby Trevor is whimpering a bit. Have a great day everyone!!!

Lisa
Old 07-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #39  
I will make it!

Happy 4th of July

I hope you are enjoying your bbq's ...same me some LOL

My weekend was great...I got to relax a bit..I saw Spider Man, I ate good food and spend over 300 dollars 1 yes, I bought my friends bday gift ...that was 25 buck plus tax...shrimp and scallops...15 bucks and 16 bucks...yep it sure does add up quickly

Anyway, Food wise was ok...I am indulging to wee bit too much...I bought key lime pie...oh so good but 1/8 of the pie is 435 calories!!

Food for Today
breakfast: reduced fat peanut butter on whole wheat bread and diet sprite
and couple of spoons of rice pudding...yes...breakfast of champs
lunch: homemade burger pattie with oven fries...last night's dinner
dinner: pork chops with carrots and asparagus
snacks: yogurt , pineapple
beverages: tea, water, diet cola

exercise: walked to work, pilates and maybe cycling

Have a great day ladies

Cyan
Old 07-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #40  
I will make it!

Hello Ladies

I have been off my diet plan since nyc trip...on average I have been eating 1500 to 2000 calories per day...ack...the freaky thing in that I am still at 164 pounds...thank goodness..I have however been exercising...walking to work too. So I think that is helping not gain weight

so the plan is to go back down to 1500 calories and then 1200 to 1400 range...wish me luck

Meal Plan for today
Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: chicken salad sandwhich (home made) and celery sticks
dinner: shrimp and chickpea salad with feta and olive oil
snacks: yogurt, cherries
beverages: water, tea, diet cola

exercise: walking to work, pilates

Have a great day ladies

Cyan
Old 07-07-2004, 09:40 AM   #41  
I will make it!

Where is everybody? Looks like summer has taken you away from your journalling. I am well...I am back down to my pre NYC trip of 163 pounds so I am happy...despite all the key lime pie and ice cream I have been eating...go figure. Although I have been exercising

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: salmon salad plate
dinner: chicken mole on whole wheat tortilla
snacks: yogurt, cherries
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

have a great day

Cyan
Old 07-09-2004, 01:50 AM   #42  

Hi ladies...sorry I have been MIA lately. My life has been in major turmoil and coming here just seemed so trivial the last few weeks. Remember how I was so emotional the last few months and crying alot?? Well, I couldnt bring myself to admit that I knew why because I was hoping the problem would go away. It all came to a head a little over a week ago. My husband almost left me for someone else!!! ...a co-worker. They have been friends for a long time, but I had starting noticing alot of little things which made me suspect there was more than a friendship going on. Of course, he would always explain away anything I confronted him with and I'd shut up for awhile altho I never believed his explanations. It all came out weekend before last...and what perfect timing it was...the week of our 20th wedding anniversary!!! Needless to say, I've been a basketcase.

There is a positive side....he has ended things, she has left her job and stayed with her husband also, and there was no sex involved...thank God for that because I'm not sure I could have dealt with that. They had become close and honestly wondered if they might end up together but had an agreement that they would not go that far unless they knew for certain they wanted to leave their spouses and be together for good. My husband and I have had hours and hours of talks lately, more than our entire marriage probably and to be honest, the last two weeks, even going through this have been better than the last several months of suspecting and the denial etc because those things kept us from dealing with things. Seems that now his feelings are out in the open, we are working through things.

Another positive side is I wasnt able to eat that first week so I am finally back down to my lowest point in 15 yrs...back to the 189 I had gotten to before the holidays. I dont recommend that way of losing to anyone tho..lol

Work is also crazy...two people were fired in two days causing my load to increase greatly...all of this during the week I found out the news about my marriage. So you can understand how I just couldnt come in here to chitchat with everyone. I have been a mental wreck.

Life is getting better thank goodness. Couldnt get much worse right? lol

Kaylen, my 3 yr old neice is here til the weekend. Then in 3 weeks, they'll be transferring to Utah, 24 hr drive from here. (they're military)...

Well, it's almost 1:00 a.m. and I need to get some sleep. Just wanted to let you know what's been going on with me. Please remember me and my family in your prayers...we need all the help we can get!!

MIKI
Old 07-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #43  
I will make it!

Oh Miki...I am so sorry to hear this...You are a strong woman but I will send you lots of good energy to you and your family. I sure do hope that you work things out for you and your family's good benefit. What ever you decide to do you will always have my support. I hope that you get the outcome you want from this horrible situation you and your husband found yourselves in.

I hope your husband realizes what a great woman you are and that he has made a grave mistake and must now work very hard to fix it. It sounds to me that you are approaching it in the right way and that the talking you guys are doing is the best way to start the mending.

I sure do hope that he has learned something from this and that he never strays from you again ...and Shame on him and that woman for doing that...I am sorry, but I feel very strong about extra marital affaires even if it doesnt involve actual physical acts of betrayal...emotional betrayal is just as bad

Take care and I send you a big hug and a tap on your husband's head.

Cyan
Old 07-09-2004, 07:51 PM   #44  

Thanks Cyan. I have good and bad days and for some reason today was an especially hard one for me. My heart just aches inside and you are exactly right...the emotional betrayal is the worst part! I could have handled a one-nite stand I think easier than knowing he got so close to her that they shared every thought and dream and even wanted to end up together! That is sooo hard to bear!!! I am not giving up right now but it's definitely not going to be an easy thing to get over.

MIKI
Old 07-09-2004, 10:36 PM   #45  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all--sorry I've not been around. For some reason I've not received e-mails saying there were posts on the thread. I thought NOBODY was posting. I've been really busy this week--haven't even really had time to read the posts tonight when I decided to finally look up the thread--except I saw that Lisa is losing pounds and Miki is going through an extremely rough time now on the home/hubby front (hang in there)--will read posts soon and get back to everyone. Bye for now.
Closed Thread