3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

Wabby 06-04-2004 01:29 PM

I know you've all been laying awake nights worrying about this--- I had my nails repainted fire engine red and had my toes done to match. Very good dirt camo.

I have a nasty :headache: I'm trying to get rid of.

I think this will be the finish the pond weekend. I'm tired of the hole in the ground. Besides, the following Saturday is bunco at my house. I want my pond all finished and pretty. What should I cook for the girls? Considering Quiche Lorraine, spinach salad, & something lemony for dessert. :hun:

Bagzz 06-04-2004 03:52 PM

Yummmmmmmmmmmm-something Lemony This Way Comes!!!! I Want Lemon Now---there Is A Lemon Yogurt Frozen Dessert With The Coolwhip Mixed In And The Graham Wafer Crust That Is *** Lowfat*** If Anyone Cares!!!! I Will Be At Bunco Next Week To Sit By The Pond,thank You Very Much!!!

Bagzz 06-04-2004 04:01 PM

Frozen LEMON-Yogurt Pie {KINDA BORING,BUT LOW FAT FOR SURE}
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
2 containers (8 ounces each) LEMON flavored yogurt
1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6 ounces)

STIR yogurt gently into whipped topping until well blended. Spoon into crust.

FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Let stand in refrigerator 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily.

GARNISH with additional whipped topping . Store leftover pie in freezer.

Cherry Cow 06-04-2004 11:57 PM

That sounds yummy!

Kiwonk 06-05-2004 01:52 PM

Okay, is it really boring, or is it really yummy? :hungry: Sounds pretty good to me.

I have been offline for the past day or so because I had to spend yesterday morning swamping out the TV corner of the living room :stress: so that they could install the satellite system. Got installed late in the afternoon and then I got mesmerized by the thing for a long time...I finally went to bed when I found myself slouched on the couch flipping channels while the sky got light... :eek: Well, I think I have that out of my system. It really is very cool. We have it hooked up to 2 TVs, plus it has a DVR (Tivo thing). So I can go in the kitchen and watch something other than the scifi channel when DH is hooked on that crap (Actually I like science fiction, but the scifi channel is mostly an excuse for men to kill each other in silly costumes). Or I can just tell it to record stuff for me and watch it sometime when I feel couch-potato like.

I'm very excited about your pond, Wabbit! The bunco ladies are going to be so impressed! :goodluck:
Kiwi

Cowpernia 06-05-2004 04:46 PM

hey kiwi. DS bought something online by using paypal. $15. It's been a month. They don't respond to email. Not ebay. Anything we should do?

Kiwonk 06-05-2004 06:11 PM

what company?

Lohani 06-05-2004 07:40 PM

The people she bought the item from. I think there is some recourse with paypal....did you check? I also think there is something you can do with ebay...but I'm not sure. I've never had that experience..in fact, you are the first I've known of personally. O....o....what about your credit card????? You can stop payment, can't you????

I am such a lump today. I am about to get moving as best I can at 7PM. I haven't done a thing all day..unless you count napping.

Kiwi, isn't it fun to have new channels????? I am so excited for you. When I met dh, I did not have a functioning TV...I could only get PBS and one local station. ANYWAY...he had cable(you can see why I married him). When I would go to his place, I would spend hours just flipping through all 23 of his stations. He had the push button cable box...remember those?????

It is now 40 min later and I still haven't done a thing...I have to go see my cleaning friends and get motivated..bye

Kiwonk 06-06-2004 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lohani
He had the push button cable box...remember those?????

Oh yes, I never had one myself, so I was quite mystified by the whole process. But I remember being very impressed with people who could watch 23 different channels. I couldn't imagine what on earth they'd put on so many channels. In Charlotte, we had 5 or 6 over the air channels, I thought that was pretty durn good.

I don't even know how many channels we get on this thing. Supposedly 120, but there are also audio channels and payperview and oddball stuff in addition to those. You can't just flip through all the channels anymore and see what's on.

I'm not sure paypal has any guarantee type thing. I suppose they might. I think getting a phone number of the company that sold it and calling them is the best thing to do.

I'm using nice jewel colors tonight. I need them. We've been out. We had dinner at this place called the Boatman's Cafe or something, then we listened to the band, whose lead guitarist is DD's guitar teacher (she switched teachers in January because the lovely nurturing earth mama who was teaching her decided DD had advanced beyond her, so she hired an aging rocker to teach her more advanced guitar students). His band has been playing for 25 years. They were very good--all classic rock stuff. And anyway, I had some beer. And then some more. I can type fine but reading will require bold colors. Please type in nice bold jewel colors, not neon -ouch- . Thank you.

Kiwi

Lohani 06-06-2004 10:22 AM

Kiwi, isn't it rewarding that our kids are so accomplished?

Why can't you flip through channels...that is the best part of having so many channels. The daily show isn't on today. Did you ever :lol: hear so many people say so many nice things about Ronald :devil: Reagan????? Aren't you glad that on a day like today, you can watch those ****s on Fox News?????????????????

I have come over to the advanced posting place just for you. I have respect for people who are hungover.

I can't hang...dd is a cantor and sings the mass every Sunday. That means that I get to sit there, too. DH feels justified in skipping out most weeks because it makes him so mad that they keep hitting us up for building money. This church is never full. In the logic that only they can promote with a straight face, they say that the solution to the church being empty is to tear it down and build a larger church. It turns out that the only reason that all those people aren't coming to church is that they don't like little, old charming churches. They prefer new, mulitmillion dollar churches the look like cocktail lounges. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the land the church is on is worth a fortune AND the former bishop's brother owns the construction company that does all the work.

Another consequence of the pervert priest scandal is that while everyone is looking at the perverts, the rest of them are robbing the place blind. I have 7 more years until ds12 is out of school. Then I won't see what they do anymore and I can go back to being a normal apathetic catholic.

Now I must go...I promised my cleaning group that I would do something before I leave.

Cowpernia 06-06-2004 10:39 AM

1. Cantors are Jewish
2. You don't keep your promises to us.

I heard a BBC report on Regan's passing. They said he was well known as an actor, particularly for a movie in which he co-stared with a chimpanzee. They pronounced chimpanzee very nicely.

Where I work, we hear from Fox news quite a bit. We are very right-wing. I told someone at work that I wouldn't vote for Bush. She said in disbelief, "Peeeaches.. Kerry is for abortion."

3. I am not responsible for Kiwi's hangover color choices.
4. I am so bored.
5. The whole church/money thing is difficult. They truly expect a tithe. They truly tell you are a sinner if you don't tithe. I suspect this is why only people with money go to church.

Kiwonk 06-06-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Kiwi, isn't it rewarding that our kids are so accomplished?

You betcha.
Quote:

Why can't you flip through channels...that is the best part of having so many channels.

Oh, I didn't mean you couldn't flip through channels (actually I spent the wee hours of yesterday morning vacantly :tired: flipping through them all) -- just that there are so many of them, it's not very useful if you're actually looking for something to watch. The on-screen guides are great though--you can watch something and look for something else, perfect for men who are never satisfied with their first choice...

Quote:

Did you ever :lol: hear so many people say so many nice things about Ronald :devil: Reagan?????

I never had much respect for the guy, but even so, I felt sad at his death. He had his good points. In spite of his light-weight background, he was able to put forth a presidential demeanor and earn some respect from other countries. I used to cringe at his movie references, especially the "evil empire" bit, but at least he wasn't a simpering born-again phony good ol' boy buffoon like we're stuck with now.

Your church situation makes me mad. If they were a town council, people would be up in arms for them wanting to throw away everyone's money like that. But since they drag around the religious guilt trip to use as a shield, they rarely get serious opposition. Someone should point out how many parish churches are being closed up and abandoned all over the place.

Quote:

5. The whole church/money thing is difficult. They truly expect a tithe. They truly tell you are a sinner if you don't tithe. I suspect this is why only people with money go to church.
Also known as intrinsically corrupt.

Horribly, we just bought extra remote controls for our little TV empire. :rolleyes: DD thinks we are the height of laziness. Of course she is right. Good thing she doesn't take after either of us :lol:

Kiwi

and by the way, no hangover, thank you.

PainterChick 06-14-2004 01:37 AM

**peeks in after reading entire thread, wonders what kind of cow she is and what would happen if cows and turtles crossed the road at the same time...**hmmm

Kiwonk 06-14-2004 12:42 PM

**Scratches head in amazement at the thought of reading an entire thread through in one sitting, then grabs PainterChick by the hand and drags her over to new thread so she can be properly grilled re: relationship to PainterWoman**

Kiwi