3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40867-moo-tivated-mooooo-ve.html)

Lohani 05-19-2004 07:11 AM

Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve

Isn't 11 a bit excessive? I have started a new thing...I get up and stretch before I do ANYTHING. It only takes a few minutes, and it improves my day. I have a Pilates dvd...should I try it? Is it hard? Do you think I HAVE a powerhouse? We'll see. I can't walk for exercise. I hate seeing people and having to be friendly. It feels pointless.

I am not working today. Instead I plan to put my ivy on my fence. I have bought rabbit wire(that is what they called it) to make baskets that will hang off the fence. I will hang them with moss inside with dirt in the moss and the ivy plants. Hopefully the ivy will actually grow and make my fence beautious.

I did not get to vote. Sorry. How did she do?

I must take my kids to school. bye

Lohani 05-19-2004 03:18 PM

Isnt' it rude to ignore me all day?

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:52 PM

Yes

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:53 PM

How dare we?

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 04:59 PM

I'm feeling obnoxious today. Can you tell?

Your ivies sound delightful. Is that the plural of ivy? Looks funny. I am still not doing anything exercisy. That's not a word either.

I'm having an exciting day: I'm cleaning the filters in my vacuum cleaner. MMM I can hardly wait to get back to it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-19-2004 05:02 PM

I wasn't ignoring you. I was at the awards ceremony at your nephew's school. He got a certificate for a 4.0 gpa; for exceptional work in American history; and for that kind of work in the "reading across the genres" class.

His first semester science teacher told me DS was his best student. I tried to hint that a certificate would have been nice if that were true.

Kiwi was ignoring you and others still are. Chloe outcome???

Wabby 05-19-2004 07:16 PM

I won't know the Chloe outcome until this evening when I watch the taped show.

Lohani, your ivy on the fence sounds beautiful. Pictures please.

I am slowly creeping back up the scales. I think I'm depressed. Actually I know I'm depressed. I may take up anti depression walking. If I'm not feeling too lousy.

Cowperboy is doing wonderfully. Cowper must be so proud.

Kiwonk 05-19-2004 09:54 PM

Life is a beach and I am a whale.

One of our friends got a job in Augusta, GA and is leaving this weekend. He is leaving his wife and 4 dogs here. Her choice, apparently. Not because they want to separate, just sounds like too much trouble to move, I guess. How's that for apathy? I think the whole world is depressed. Do you suppose our parents were like this? Or did they just do more self-medicating, booze and pills or something. I remember my mother taking "tranquilizers" when she quit smoking. She was only in her mid-30s then.

Congrats on the Peachboy's honors. Many more to come I'm sure. I wonder when DD's awards day is, hmmm, guess I'd better ask. Don't think she'll volunteer it.

DD got a letter in the mail today saying she got in the 2 weeks she wanted at guitar workshop this summer. She is really looking forward to this. Everybody there will be motivated guitarists. I'm sure it will be a great experience. She is taking jazz guitar one week and modern rock guitar the next, with additional classes in music theory, live sound tech, songwriting, jazz improvisation, and playing in a rock band. Cool, huh?

Tomorrow is my drivedrivedrivewalkwalkreadreadwalkdrivedrivedrive day. Ta

Kiwi

Lohani 05-20-2004 06:35 AM

I am working today, but my kids don't have school. This is my fav way to work. I've discovered that the main thing I don't like about working is that after getting three(really four, DH is no morning person either) I have to get myself out, too. It turns out that I'm the easiest one to deal with...no surprise there.

I've made my bed and stretched already. It is only 6:29.

Congrats on Nephew's awards. Our school sends an invitation to the parents so there is no chance of anyone not being informed.

I await the news of Chloe.
L

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 07:19 AM

this is how I deciphered Kiwi's post.

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Lolo, I think I'm the easiest person to deal with, too. Certainly I'm easier than anyone I grew up with.

Have to take ds to the airport this morning. then I'm alone til Monday. this isn't good. I am alone TOO MUCH. What is the solution?

SugP 05-20-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia

I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Maybe she walks twice as fast? :smug:

Today is Father's Day in Germany as well as Ascension Day which Lush already knows about because her kids are home just like mine are (including dh) except mine are home tomorrow too AND then get May31-June 1 off for Whitsun. And we're not even Catholic. Just imagine. :o

I exercised. I don't want to be chunky any more.

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 01:56 PM

Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it is so so so hard to lose a pound and so sosooooooo easy to put it back on. Why Why Why???WWIWFUJ*WIHFhjklf What are we to do???? WE dcan't go on liek tho8is? Do you understand? We must not get agitated. We must stay on course but hte curw doens't work!!! IT doens't. Well, it make sus feel happier and limberer and healtherir but stilll I'm carry8ing a big fat butt everywhere i go. Hrmph. DS is in the air.

Wabby 05-20-2004 02:25 PM

The Peach is speaking a foreign language. Peach, enjoy the solitude. I would love some alone time. At home alone time, anyway. I get plenty of at the office alone time.

Chloe did not win the cutest baby award, but I'm sure the contest was rigged because she obviously was the cutest. It's kind of like LaToya London being voted off American Idol. A travesty. She did receive a lovely consolation prize for being in the finalist category. A gift certificate for a fancy schmancy children's clothing store.

Sugar are you paying DH back for mother's day or taking the high road? Also known as the road paved with guilt???

Kiwi, do you mean your friend is permanently moving to Augusta, but permanently leaving his wife behind in Maine? or is this temporary, because if it's permanent I'd call that divorce. You can't maintain a marriage and not live in the same state. You know, I get depressed, but DH and I are still good together. I don't know what I'd do without him. My Dr. says that everybody is depressed these days because we live waaay too stressful lives, and that nobody used to live like this. Think about it. Wouldn't you be much less depressed if you didn't have to listen to the news all the time?

I think my depression is work related. I'm just fine if I can spend the day working in my yard. Unfortunately that's not possible.

Kiwonk 05-20-2004 10:01 PM

Yes, Wabbit, he is apparently taking this as a permanent job. One week of each month he will be in Canada, and supposedly the weekends on each end of that week, he will spend here with the wife. So, if they were the sort of couple who barely see each other during the week, and only spent weekends together, that would be like only cutting in half the time they spent together. Of course, they never did live that way: they both work in the same office, but still. Yeah, it kind of looked the equivalent of a real separation, if not divorce, to me too. Some question I suppose of whether she will reconsider when she finishes her college degree she's working toward at the moment (less than a year left I think), but personally I don't see her picking up and moving. And yet, I'll bet they don't get a divorce. That's what I meant about the apathy.

Or maybe I'm projecting my own feelings -- Of course, if DH moved somewhere for a job, I'd be packing up this dump with glee and following. BUT, the scenario that's been kicked around here alot, that he might "retire" (no, he's not old enough) and go sailing for an extended time, does not appeal to me AT ALL and I would seriously consider staying here and letting him go off alone. And it feels sort of like apathy. I don't like it, but there it is.

Quote:

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

Close; I don't think I was quite accurate. Technically, what I did today was drivedrivedrivedrivedrivedrivewalkwalkwalkreadread walkrideriderideriderideride.
The reason the first walk is 3x as long as the second one is that I walk for 30 minutes, end up at the library, read for 20 minutes, then walk back to the music school, which is only 10 minutes from there. I have this down to a science. I even have a specific book at the library with a hidden bookmark in it. I've become a very odd person, haven't I? The reason I do this is that I discovered that this library had this particular book I really wanted to read, but I can't take it out -- I don't have a card there (I don't live in that town). I've asked my library to get the book, but they haven't yet.

I'm with Sugar, I don't want to be chunky either. Let's quit being chunky.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-20-2004 11:09 PM

ok. let's all stop being chunky. Now.

Lohani 05-21-2004 12:03 AM

I'm putting an end to this chunkiness as we speak.

There, it's gone.

DixieAmazon 05-21-2004 10:20 AM

No long MIA

Hi everyone. Sorry to be MIA so long. Between the boys schedules and too many funerals I havent been on line much. Yesterday was the last day of school. Pray for me, LOL.

I am fatter now and I am going back on South Beach Monday and I started walking this week. Got motavated by my adult happy meal. Which was goog but had no cookies.

Cookie Monster

Cowpernia 05-21-2004 10:22 AM

The Adult Happy Meal has water. I want tea.

DixieAmazon 05-21-2004 12:07 PM

Adult happy meals

You can sub another beverage, but of course Micky D's reserves the right to increase the price.

SugP 05-21-2004 12:30 PM

Heh?

If I go to McDonald's I expect them to serve me the usual slop, not water and apples and all that prissy stuff. What's the world coming to? In Germany they call "Super Size" "Maxi!Menu".

Hey Cookie! Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering what you'd been up to. Sorry about the funerals. No one close to you, I hope?

I'm now reading that regular exercise can lead to a temporary weight gain, not just muscle but muscle holding in water for a while so that's what I'm hoping for since I've gained weight but don't really look fatter. Than usual, I mean. Getting old is so depressing.

Cowpernia 05-21-2004 12:55 PM

I went to McD's and got 3 salads because 3 of us wanted pedometers. They were out of bottled water. Of the 3, 1 got a pedometer. It's not worth going back. Can't call them because their phone number is beeps into a FAX machine.

Wabby 05-21-2004 01:05 PM

OK. Count me in. No more chunk. How're we going to accomplish this?

Kiwonk 05-21-2004 03:42 PM

Jeez, going back to McD is something of a personal specialty of mine. :rolleyes: I swear they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.

Quote:

The Adult Happy Meal has water. I want tea.
Stick a teabag in it. :coffee:

I dragged myself out and walked this morning. For about 30 minutes. That's kind of wimpy, isn't it? But it's soooooo boring. I can go up the road or I can go down the road. If I go down the road, I can turn in at the dam road and walk back along the lake. Even though most of that walk is boring too, at least I get to gaze at the lake.

But on a day like this, I get very wet feet doing that, so I went up the road, walked till I got stultifyingly bored, turned around and came back. The only exciting thing that happens is the giant log trucks come bombing down the road scaring me half to death. One of them tooted at me this morning. Cuz I'm such a hot chick, heh.

I just got a spam entitled Pen Is Owners Manual. Should I forward it to DH?

R
ainbow Kiwi

DixieAmazon 05-21-2004 04:13 PM

Baaaaad cow joke!

[QUOTE=SugP]Hey Cookie! Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering what you'd been up to. Sorry about the funerals. No one close to you, I hope?QUOTE]

They were people my husband was close too that I don't know well. Still tough. Here is the promised joke:

What do you call a cow who's just given birth? De-calf-inated!

Lohani 05-21-2004 05:01 PM

Hey, Cookie! I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. Stick with us, though because we're not going to be chunky anymore and you may as well join us. I'm sure that will make you feel better.

Here's my day. I went to the hairdresser, she was preoccupied and scalped me. Then I went to work for a 1/2 day. I was in an emotionally disturbed classroom with a 5 year old. The 23 yo male teacher sat on this boys desk so that his crotch was eye level with the kid. Then, as he was talking to the kid, the kid is resting his hands on the guy's crotch. He swatted them away a few times, but still. When he got up I said something...as you know I have no internal censor....The guy was offended...can you believe it??? Anyway...should I go to the administration? discuss

I want a full out plan submitted by tomorrow. I want someone to give me ideas of what on earth to eat. I agree that walking is boring. I used to walk with my friend, but then she became boring. I am just easily bored.

I think that if G*d wanted us to eat salads from McD's he would have put them on the dollar menu. ALSO...are you sure they are better than a McChicken sandwich?????????? It is only a buck. A truly wonderful chicken flavoured sandwich.

I must address the house , we're having company tonight. L

Kiwonk 05-21-2004 10:47 PM

Hey :cookie: Cookie! :cookie: Sorry I forgot to say hi before -- my bad. Come join us on our quest for .. um .. whatever it is we're doing. This week we're dechunkifying. Smooth peanut butter only I think.

Lush, you can eat whatever you want at McDs. Only sheep must slavishly eat what the ads tell them to, and you never saw a thin sheep, did you?

I suspect you got your point across to the idiot teacher. Just the fact that someone is noticing what he's doing may be enough to make him more careful in the future. Good for you for speaking up, but I would be careful about accusing him officially.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 05-22-2004 07:34 AM

Yes. if that were my kid, I'd want you to go to the administrator and say, "This is probably nothing but it looked bad and I wanted to make you aware of it .."

In Florida, you can go to the Department of Law Enforcement's web site and see and the registered sex offender and predators. Our county has a low number because we are small. We may have 30,000 people here. We only have 77 registered sex people. A few of them, a few of young ones, are guys who had girlfriends who were under age while they were above age. Most were men (and women) who took advantage of a child in their care. A relative usually. I wouldn't want to ruin this guy's life but SURELY he could see the inappropriateness of as-good-as-encouraging a kid to touch his crotch.

I am bacon. Isn't bacon the fat from the belly of the hog? If I run my hand down the front of my body, beginning under where the bra would be if I had one on, there is a cliff. That's where the bacon starts. It runs all the way down past the hip bones.

I am going to go out of the house and walk. Unfortunately, I can't walk here. I have to drive somewhere to walk. Don't some of you have tredmills? How's that going?

Kiwonk 05-22-2004 02:05 PM

why can't you walk in your neighborhood?

Cowpernia 05-22-2004 02:31 PM

1. Highway
2. Dogs
3. No sidewalks
4. Rednecks

Cowpernia 05-22-2004 02:34 PM

when I was walking around Duck Hudda Lake (2.25 miles) I saw a turtle crossing the road. He was going away from the water so I carried him back to the lake. He hissed and peed on me. I got my satisfaction by tossing him in.

SugP 05-22-2004 04:31 PM

Bacon

Quote:

I am bacon. Isn't bacon the fat from the belly of the hog? If I run my hand down the front of my body, beginning under where the bra would be if I had one on, there is a cliff. That's where the bacon starts. It runs all the way down past the hip bones.

We're twins!! I knew it! 'Cept MY bacon starts at my belly button and goes right down to the unmentionables. Other parts of my body are relatively bacon-free. This is very annoying. First we're chunky, and now this.

That teacher is freaking me out. Are you going to be able to keep an eye on him, Lush? Or get someone else to do it?

Last time I was at McDonald's I noticed I could get a burger and fries AND a drink all for less than one of their fancy salads cost, so guess what I got. It's their fault I'm fat, isn't it?

Kiwonk 05-22-2004 05:15 PM

Why did the turtle cross the road?

Kiwonk 05-22-2004 05:23 PM

Of course it is their fault. If they wanted you to be thin, they would feed you healthy food for a low price. I can't wait to see the documentary about the guy who practically killed himself eating McD's.

Cowpernia 05-22-2004 05:34 PM

I have waited a long long time to be able to correct Kiwi.

The food is healthful not healthy. Because you eat it, you are healthy.

Ever since little Lush built a sand castle in the playground and Kiwi came along and built a BIGGER BETTER ONE making little Lush cry, I've been waiting to get even. It has taken FOREVER!!!

i don't understand your and Sugar's thingies. You have a picture, for example, of an M&M walking and a number after it. The number may be more than 7 thus throwing out the theory that it's the number of times this week you've walked.

'Splain.

Kiwonk 05-23-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

The food is healthful not healthy.

Not at McDonald's it isn't :s:

Hmph, I don't remember that incident with Lushie. All I remember is you making me wear that lacy pink sunbonnet and then pointing and laughing.

The numbers of :dancer: and so on represent cumulative weeks and stuff. We just like to see a lot of activity going on in our sigs.

:wave:Kiwi, Corrected

SugP 05-23-2004 04:12 PM

Yawn.

Nothing to report. I hate Sunday evenings. The start of another crappy week just like all the other crappy weeks EXCEPT this Tuesday is my birthday. Got that? How did I get to be so old all of a sudden?

After the Mother's Day fiasco (yes, Wabby, I took the high road and went all out for Father's Day. Can you say guilt trip?) dh is apparently planning a birthday extravaganza. The kids are in charge of dessert. Pretty scary.

Cowpernia 05-23-2004 05:01 PM

sugar do you have a treadmill? or tredmill? do you use it? like it? recommend one? etc. so forth.

how can you hate Sunday evenings? what happens? I find them inoffensive.

Kiwonk 05-23-2004 05:14 PM

I like Sunday evenings -- especially after having gone to an early family dinner -- I can't possibly be expected to cook a full meal. Leftovers or breakfasty stuff is the rule. Plus I know in the morning everyone else is going to back to their job/school. yay. And "Alias" is on.

We just got back a little while ago from my MIL's birthday dinner. We made her a card with a nice photo on the front. Other people gave her presents. I don't feel guilty -- I wonder if DH does?

Kiwi

SugP 05-24-2004 01:18 AM

Peachy's asking ME about fitness equipment??

I've never liked Sunday night. Don't know why. Makes me think of all the stuff I wanted to do on the weekend that I didn't do, I guess. But it IS nice when everyone goes off to school/work, you're right about that.

We have an "elliptical strider". It's not a treadmill. It's kind of a combination of a treadmill, exercise bike and stepper. It's sort of like riding a bike standing up and you can hold on to the handles and move your arms at the same time. Bagzie says it's like slogging through mud but I like it because I can feel my muscles working. I do use it - look on my exercise thingie - the M&M on the treadmill is me using it. I got up to 45 mins on Saturday without dying so if I can do it, so can YOU. You can watch TV while you're doing it, but reading is hard. I think you can read on a treadmill.

Wabby has a treadmill and so does Cherry. Better ask them about that because I don't have a clue.

Have to volunteer at school today, take the kids to the dentist and make pork chops for dinner. I lead such a full life.

Cowpernia 05-24-2004 07:38 AM

WELCOME HOME BAGZIE PIE